[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that we've had some time to see them in action, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 1478611539215.jpg (231KB, 988x754px) Image search: [Google]
1478611539215.jpg
231KB, 988x754px
So now that we've had some time to see them in action, which one is doing the best in OU?
>>
>>30091922
Decidueye relative
None absolute since meta needs to calm down first
>>
decidueye just cause defog, roost, shackle shenanigans
others are irrelevant
>>
>>30092055
It's literally the worst Defogger you can get. It seems like the best for now(still UU at best), but when they release their HA, Incineroar will probably overthrow it
>>
Every time I see one it dies very quickly and has no impact.
>>
>>30091922

Liquid voice Primarina
>>
>>30092055
I've seen Incineroar used to decent effect on Trick Room teams.

>>30092118
Incineroar is feeling sorta outclassed but only because I haven't seen it form a core with another pokemon.

Decidueye paired with either Primarina or Tapu Fini has all his bases covered. If Fini stays OU Decidueye doesn't fear Toxapex's burn and unless it has Haze then Decidueye can set up on it with ease.
>>
>>30091922
none of them will get into OU
>>
>>30091922
would incineroar be a good assvest user?
>>
>>30092216
Read the OP, we're not wondering if any of them will be OU, none of them will, we're wondering which one does the best in OU. Subtle difference.
>>
>>30092238
Once it gets Intimidate.
>>
Unless Primarina gets Boomburst sometime down the line, I don't think it'll be OU. Maybe around UU considering how high its sp.atk and sp.def are.

Inciniroar suffers from the same thing Gatr did: being garbage without its HA. Once it gets its HA, it can be a pretty interesting 'mon since it has access to u-turn and fake out.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about Decidueye. Spirit Shackle is pretty unique, and it has access to u-turn. Might have a good niche somewhere.
>>
>>30092216
oh, right now the owl
incineroar needs accest to some tutor moves, gen 4 remakes/SM third game when?
>>
>>30091922
waifu because it actually has a couple decent stats unlike the genwun syndrome faggots that can barley hit any stat over 100

also has the best type
>>
They're all RU garbage
>>
I haven't played gen 7 showdown yet, what are the major meme threats?
>>
>>30092370
Meme threats or the real threats?
Porygone and Z-Coversion, Eevee and Extreme Evo Boost, Anything with Z-Belly Drum, Tsareena running Bloom Doom, A-Golem's Galvinized Explosion.

Oh, and I've seen a million A-Raichu running it's Z move. And Ash-Greninja.

Ash-Greninja is trash.

I haven't seen to much Stall. The Ultra Beasts eat Stall for lunch.
>>
>>30092331
Dumb waifufag everybody

I bet you think Lurantis is viable too
>>
>>30092599
>he think 126 base sp.atk with specs is bad

xddd
>>
>>30092118
>but when they release their HA, Incineroar will probably overthrow it
So Gen 8?
>>
>>30092118
>>30092285
I thought Showdown allowed the HAs?
>>
>>30092828
Only if they have been officially released.
>>
>>30092828
They're not legal in-game so not legal on Showdown. Just like Simisear and Oranguru are illegal with their HAs.
>>
I've only ever seen primarina be useful, although I've seen a lot of roothoot fags get their owls get 2HKO'd
>>
>>30092828

Must've been a beta thing
>>
>>30092883
I've been seeing all the starters get their asses handed to them but I have also seen Incineroar and Decidueye on a handful of teams with a high ladder rating.

No ones using Primarina because it's just a worse Tapu Fini.
>>
>>30092883
Must be the offensive owls, i use it as a special wall for og landorus
>>
>>30091922
So far the owl has been doing well for me, especially the subsdance set, he can get a pretty good head of steam going after one
In fact Decidueye is much tankier than i expected, completely walling off primarinas and getting 2HKO'd by darkest lariat instead of one shotted like i expected, Hell in fact, It took a fucking thunderbolt from a Xukirtree who got beast boost off already, which is fucking amazing in my book
The tiger hasn't been doing too hot, but he is impressively tanky and hits pretty hard, The same can be said for primarina, but it's been doing worse than Inceniroar as its weaknesses have been more common. So my experience has been alright with the owl it's tanky enough
By the way, Why the fuck has almost everyone been doing nothing but running ultra beasts and the fucking jobber frog? is that how showdown is right now or is it just elo hell?
>>
>>30092138
Sadly this. They all suffer greatly from their base speeds.
>>
>>30093196
Frog?
>>
>>30093196
>Hell in fact, It took a fucking thunderbolt from a Xukirtree who got beast boost off already, which is fucking amazing in my book

This isn't surprising. Electric isn't effective against Grass.
>>
>>30092980
using that logic owlfag is just a worse trevenant
>>
>>30093245
Grenigger
>>
>>30093249
Yeah, but the fact it took it from xurkitree with a boost should count for something, that shit has massive special attack
>>
>>30093289
oh, and the idiots aren't even running protean anymore
>>
>>30093276
No, becuase owlfag has a better move pool and stats then the tree, the owls only competition as a Ghost/Grass right now is the anker. The tree and the pumpkin can't even compare.

Fini has a better ability then Primarina and better bulk, with acces to Nature's madness to hit tanks it doesn't even need to invest in SpAtk. And Fini gets Defog. In otherwords better stats, better ability, better move pool.
>>
>>30092883
This I've seen.
I don't know WHY they seem to think that they need 2 SD when the opponent can knock them out in that turn, just baton pass that shit.
>>30092980
Different roles man, Primarina is for hitting hard after switching on a special attacker, which it does a lot better than Fini.

My favorite use is to carry a life orb, switch in on a special attacker, get a work-up and wait for the (right now) inevitable Toxapex and use psychic.
It does literally the max possible HP it can have as the lowest roll.
>>30093276
That too.
>>
>>30093364
Ash-Greninja the newest meme.
>>
Where can I find a threatlist? I'm not good but I want to try creating a team with Primarina.
>>
>Worse Trevenant
>Worse Milotic
>Worse Arcanine

JUST
>>
>>30093411
>work-up
ew
>>
>>30092854
>simisear
im pretty sure its possible to get one with its HA
>>
>>30093487
>Can't say anything, haven't tried it.
>Hits harder, different typing, different ability, no recovery. What's the comparison here?
>...Immune to prankster? I dunno. Not much it can do without it's HA.
>>
>>30091922
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-480512428
>TFW primarina gets fucking destroyed by vikavolt, but you and your kommo-o ascend to the fifth dimension
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.