[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM is way to easy! >Absolutely no challenge! >leaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (46KB, 629x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 629x630px
>SM is way to easy!
>Absolutely no challenge!
>leaves Exp Share on
>>
>>30090798
>being forced to turn something off that is on by default to make the game mildly challenging

yeah no
>>
>grinds on route 1 for 3 hours
>This game is so fucking easy!
>>
>>30090864
I'd argue that's fine as it is an optional thing given to you and is outright noted by you.

What I do hate is people claiming the game is hard if you do shit like a nuzlocke run.
>>
>>30090798
>Totem Wishiwashi
>Totem Lurantis
>Totem Mimikyu

>easy

>>>easy<<<
>>
>>30090864
Text speed is also on normal, but I sure as fuck change that
>>
>>30090798
I need to hunt down game freak. Hold them at tank point, then force them to make the Exp Share a held item again.
>>
>>30091024
>Text is too easy to read, fucking casuals REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 250px-737Charjabug.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-737Charjabug.png
46KB, 250x250px
Just found out I can't evolve this thing until like level 45. Just about to take on Olivia, should I replace it with something else? If so what's available to me?
>>
>>30090972
Lurantis is easy as fuck if you picked Litten
>>
>>30090864
player who keeps battle style to shift detected
>>
>>30090798

>image.jpg
>>
>>30091139
your mom's easy as fuck if you picked a black guy
>>
>>30091122
Not many good Electric Pokemon until lategame. It's still good it just evolves late. Vikavolt is actually slower than Charjabug.
>>
People don't seem to realize two or three levels of difference at low levels, say 15~20 make a world of difference. Not only that, but using the exp share also multiplies the EVs you get from battle, so you'll have higher stats compared to someone not using from the very start.

Saying the exp share doesn't make the game easier is not understanding how it works.

Also if every pokemon game is easy, why would you NOT turn it off and play on Set so as to make it more challenging?
>>
>>30091122
>what's available to me?
Eviolite
>>
>>30091223
artificial difficulty
>>
>>30090972
>wishiwashi
>hard

the stupid thing fucking turns your pokemon into a water type and bombards you with water moves

you can't lose even if you pick a weak type against it

mimikyu is just a matter of hitting it hard two times because of the ability, it's a paper tissue. slowbro can tank play rough and zen headbutt it two times, wow so tuff
>>
>>30091122
Even worse, it only evolves in a specific area on the fourth island.
>>
>>30091139
If you didn't pick Rowlet you're being contrarian
>>
>>30091251
>Not picking Clown Mermaid.
>>
>>30091181
Magnemite rapes the game and is available early.
>>
>>30091223
because i did and its not harder. i just waste more time.

instead of going through the game i need to stop and rotate/"grind" my team to keep them in even levels because my autism doesnt let me have something two or more levels higher than the rest

it takes my enjoyment away without making the game more fun. i still reach the same battles with the same levels, i just took way longer to do that
>>
File: IMG_3043.png (797KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3043.png
797KB, 1366x768px
>>30091237
>artificial difficulty
>literally takes less than 10 seconds to change

Cherry picking at its fucking finest
>>
I watched Werster play since I like his speedrunning stuff, but he complained there wasn't enough gameplay and too many cutscenes when he basically blind speedran the game.

He picked the Seal, caught a Magnemite, Cutifly and turned on exp share. He revive stalled until paralysis luck won him any of the trials he didn't wall/have a type advantage on.

Then he didn't explore at all and avoided all optional fights he could, used repels through 2 entire islands.

He ended up catching a Pelipper, Dugtrio and Exeggcute (to A-Exeggutor) before catching Solgaleo and then he did the entire E4 and Champion fight with his starter and Solgaleo, he had to revive spam and x-item abuse then too, rather than use his team properly.

I don't get how you can complain about the lack of gameplay when you only play the forced scenes.
>>
>>30091276
Well that's just you being extreme autism. If you are going to grind to keep their levels even then you completely defeat the purpose of turning it off.
>>
>>30090972
>having trouble with totems
Need to up your strat, and grinding isnt a strat. Either get type effective moves and pokemon that resist thier typing and stop being a retard. For fuck sake they buffed X Stat
>>
>>30091348
i said "grind" exactly because its not grinding to get higher than anything. i always cap myself to the same level as the milestones i'm about to face. problem is i don't like seeing a mon gettin a level higher than the rest so i need to stop and put everyone else to the same level everytime. with expshare on i don't need to to that, i just need to avoid battles when they're all on the range i want.

The old exp share suited what i wanted, i could keep my team even leveled regardless of the one i used in battles. I can't use the old exp share anymore so the new one is better than nothing
>>
>>30091177
>autism
>>
I have the EXP share on and it's still a bit tricky because my team is mostly Grass or Ghost
>>
File: 1435782523436.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1435782523436.png
11KB, 411x387px
>>30091332
>speedrunning pokemon games
>>
>>30090864
"When the game asks me to select a difficulty, the cursor defaults to easy mode. Why would I GO OUT OF MY WAY to lower the cursor two options to hard!"
You also play on Switch, don't you dumbass.
>>
>>30091308
>>30091348
Cool changed nothing, its like playing Pokemon Red/Blue. Keep one Pokemon out never switching and using type effective moves. We're talking about kids game here, it'll never be hard unlesz you go beyond the game mechanics (ie monorun, nuzlock).
>>
>>30091164
I find shift makes the game more tolerable. If it were an isolated, 1-on-1, "set" makes it fair, I agree, but the fact that you are doing battle after battle, shift gives you a a bit of an edge, and a change to let your type advantages pay off a bit more.

Not that it really matters, though. Most trainers only have one Pokemon, so it's more about having a lead with good coverage.

Besides, everyone is overlooking the fact that the Pokemon battles themselves aren't what is "easy" about this game. As long as you have basic team-building skills, every Pokemon game is easy. It's the fact that the game leads you along through everything, and practically forces you down the right paths whether you like it or not. Remember old Pokemon games where you were out on your own and had to make choices for yourself? Forget that. Now the Professor and your friendly rival tag along the whole way and heal your Pokemon before politely asking to battle every now and again. There is no sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>30091454
Anything gen 4 or before is pretty good. It's about routing and using the optimal Pokemon.

Gen 5 is literally
>seed for Excadrill
>SWEEP
>>
>>30090798
>Way too easy and such a long grind!
>Fights one fight, back tracks to pokecenter
>Repeats for hours, shitposts on /vp/.
>>
>>30091276
Then don't grind them to that high of levels. Pokemon is only a difficult game when your opponents are stronger. If you're grinding to make your team the same strength it would've been if you haven't turned off the exp share, then you totally are wasting time. That's fucking moronic.
>>
>>30091276
>disable EXP share
>go out of your way to do the exact thing that turning off EXP share fixes
>"wtf that didn't change anything?"
Well. You definitely weren't memeing about being autistic. You really are.
>>
>>30091515
i'm grinding them at most to the same strength as the monsters i'm facing you dumdumb

if i face a lvl20 gym leader i grind to lvl20 max
i just dont let one being lvl20, another being lvl17, other being lvl19 and etcetera.

either they're all lvl17, or lvl19, or max lvl20
>>
>>30090864
Youre not the same retard from that other thread trying to actually argue the expshare is like excaliber from final fantasy, are you?
>>
>>30090798
put them into set instead of shift
>>
>>30091492
>shift pleb confirmed
>>
>>30091586
Which means YOU ARE GRINDING TO BE STRONGER THAN YOUR OPPONENT, retard. Is this your first Pokémon game? If you are the same level as the opponent, you have a massive stat advantage because your Pokémon have EVs distributed while the opponent does not.
>>
>tfw your 7yo self used set because you felt shift was unfair advantage in the game
20 years of using set, surprised its not default
>>
>>30090972
>>Totem Wishiwashi

[Steenee used Z-Splash!]
[Steenee used Razor Leaf!]
>>
>>30091692
Wasnt there a thread a few weeks ago showing that totem pokemon are iv and ev boosted?
>>
>>30091586
Every game is going to be easy if you grind to the same level the trainers are, you are not fighting against other people but dumb AIs. By doing this you negate any difficulty curve the game might have provided, I was 8~10 levels under when I fought the E4 and it was prett tough.
>>
>>30091692
what part of "at most" you can't understand retard

i dont try to reach the cap. the only thing i grind for is keeping everyone on the same level

>but you're still stronger unless you're 10 levels lower and using only non-stab moves because IVs EVs this that and i'm a huge homo

just fuck off
i will use exp share and play my way and if you don't like it sit on a cactus and grind your ass out
>>
>>30091692

Actually starting in this game, Totems a boss trainers havepokemon with EVs.
>>
>>30091730
>Every game is going to be easy if you grind to the same level the trainers are
i'm not grinding to the same level for fucks sake, it's a maximum limit. the maximum i can reach with any pokemon, it's not a goal, it's a last stop. if i can't avoid getting xp and pass it i box the pokemon and get another lower one (and then i grind it to the same level of the rest of the party - NOT THE SAME LEVEL OF THE ENEMY, the level of MY PARTY)

do you have to be illiterate to post in this thread holy shit
>>
File: image.png (295KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
295KB, 2000x2000px
>>30090864
>This game should turn hard mode on for ME! It should recognize my skill level immediately and tailor the game specifically to myself!
fuck off
>>
>>30090798
>Used exp share with heavy swapping in and out of pokemon
>Final team that took on the league was about 2 levels below the E4 and about 4 levels before Kukui.

Nah fuck you, exp share was great.
>>
These are the rules I play with
>Can't gain levels higher than the next gym leaders lowest pokemon level
>Limited myself to the amount of pokemon the gym leader has or 3 for totem mons
>Always set
>One item per battle limit

Much better than just turning xp share off
>>
>>30091692
>Is this your first Pokémon game?
No., Its yours? Random SOS pokemon have boosted EVs. All Totems have handicrafted boosted EVs. Your post is outdated as hell.
>>
FUCK CALL FOR HELP
>>
>>30091730
Pretty sure youre suppose to be 10 levels below when facing E4. Its always like that for me in the others and I keep the exp share system on
>>
I've never used exp.share and mainly stuck to trainers for exp.share and I never had a problem being at about the same level as boss enemies
>>
>>30091785
Post first game clear.
>>
>>30091820
Yeah, it makes trying to catch stuff annoying as fuck. At the very least, they shouldn't be able to call for help as a free action, it should take up their turn.
>>
>>30091241
Your's used soak? I wish, I had six pokemon get out sped and ohko'd by helping hand boosted water gun plus Amolamola has heal pulse..
>>
I keep it on and box my pokemon once they start feeling a little too strong. I just finished Mallow's trial and I rotate between 13 pokemon at the moment.
>>
Text speed fast, matches are set, exp share is off
Current team:
Brionne lvl 20
Cutiefly lvl15
Magnetite lvl15

This game is kicking my goddamn ass and I'm loving it. I'm trying to catch every availble Pokémon as I go through each area, tryna clear shit up as I go.
Any recommendations for team?
Brionne gets btfo so often and magnemite has to swoop in to save the day, I'm only using cutiefly because I heard ribombee is a savage murderer
>>
>>30091918
Where are you at?
>>
Stop bitching about Exp Share, we all know you faggots never switch out from you starter and over fucking level like faggots anyways.
>>
Wait for the romhacks. The fact that trpoke can now set natures and EVs is going to make even single battles a lot tougher than previous difficulty mods. You can't just dump maybe 40 speed EVs to comfortably outspeed almost every AI opponent and invest the rest in attack and bulk anymore.
>>
>>30090798
So what do you say to people who only use one pokemon? Turning off exp share, switch, and grinding does nothing
>>
File: 1420082272538.jpg (44KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1420082272538.jpg
44KB, 312x322px
>tfw keeping my stylus out so I'm ready to jack off my pokemon after every fight.
>>
>>30091980
Good for them? They'll still meet hard counters and black out if they don't use items. They'll also get fucked on PP if they don't backtrack.
>>
File: HardMode.png (19KB, 692x319px) Image search: [Google]
HardMode.png
19KB, 692x319px
>>30090798
>>
>SM is way to easy!
>Absolutely no challenge!
>plays game with his eyes open

This is how retarded exp share apologists sound. Shooting yourself in the foot isn't a difficulty mode.
>>
>>30092030
What do you say to people that turn off xp share but switch in every single pokemon for every knockout?
>>
>>30092030
Youve never done a solo run have you
>>
>>30092030
But I'm about to finish the game and haven't switched out of my bro Vikavolt once. He's slow, but the type coverage and bit of buff more than makes up for it. PP is no issue since there are so many people healing you between the so many pokecenters.
>>
>>30091332
I went to some streams on twich and people actually play like this. They really don't explore. It's like they don't even care about the game or anything.
>>
>>30092112
I get people who don't really like the game using it for easy views on release but someone who is pretty passionate about the games playing like that is weird to me.
>>
>>30091308
you don't seem to understand what artificial difficulty is
>>
>>30090864
you are a bona fied penisgripper
>>
>>30092067
What cocksuckers, the enemy trainers can't do that, they're basically cheating themselves out of a fair fight.
>>
>>30092214
Maybe the enemy trainers should get gud.

Next stop me from farming unlimited goods from my full lillipup team where everyone has Pick-Up.
>>
>>30092056
>playing with eyes open
casual
>>
>>30092258
>Playing Ruby back in the day
>Find out Zigzagoon will only pick up rare candies if you don't progress in the story
>Team of Zigzagoons farming rare candies
>>
>>30092258
Anon, these children games are suppose to be hard! Stop it.
>>
>>30092258
Hey, if you want to grind for hours to make the game easy, that's legit.
>>
>>30091820
Mine never call for help or if they do they always fail it. It makes getting some pokemon a challange.
>>
>>30092297
>Le falseflag maymay
There are things put in the game for use by 5 year olds. If the adults choose to use them, it reflects on them appropriately.
>>
Correct answer is to use EXP Share, but have a rotating team of 12 mons and always use the six lowest leveled. More Pokemon, more balance, still challenging. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>30092349
As long as all 12 are wonder traded, perfect IV, jolly Gibles it's legit.
>>
Can confirm. Playing without EXP share is pretty challenging. Hau kicked my ass when I got to the 3rd island with his fucking Alolan Raichu
>>
Difficulty superthread here
>>30092177
>>
File: 1438182642229.png (47KB, 120x177px) Image search: [Google]
1438182642229.png
47KB, 120x177px
There's no reason NOT to use EXP Share. The game doesn't acknowledge no EXP share, and there no rewards for no EXP Share.

There's no reason NOT to use EXP Share.

OP is like saying
>SM is way too easy!
>But didn't do a Nuzlocke
>>
>>30091955
2nd island, pre mallow
>>
>>30091492
Hau is lackluster, I'll admit that.

The feeling of discovering things on your own comes in sadly small doses in SM, but it is there.
>>
>>30091492
HEY BUDDY, HERE'S A BASKET FULL OF REVIVES
>>
>>30092544
Nuzlocke is retarded for many reasons. Turning EXP share off makes it so you're at about the same level as your opponents, giving it some challenge.

Stop being a stupid casual.
>>
>>30090798
>T-the game is hard if you don't level up your Pokemon!
>>
>>30090864
Sub-par intelligence levels detected. Dispatching a (You)
>>
>>30092544
exp share is literally easy mode

Turn it off or don't. If you don't, don't be surprised the game is easy.
>>
>>30092674
Yes, welcome to JRPGs. The game becomes easy if you over level.
>>
>>30092674
(You) too jeez /vp/ is a gold mine
>>
>>30090798
I mean, I didn't turn the Exp Share off and I haven't overlevelled by more than 2-3 levels. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong.
>>
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10KB, 300x391px
>>30092667
Why don't you just [use] an [escape rope] on (you)?
>>
File: 1479597755583.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1479597755583.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>30092686
There's no reason NOT to use EXP Share. The game doesn't acknowledge no EXP share, and there no rewards for no EXP Share.

OP is like saying
>SM is way too easy!

You can make up optional challenges for any game. But turning off EXP Share doesnt provide any rewards nor is it recognized on your save, so its no different than doing a Nuzlocke.
>>
>>30092696
Having everyone Pokemon get EXP doesn't over level you. It just levels up all your Pokemon at the same time. You can get the same result by switching a lot, but it's just more tedious.
>>
>>30092729
>I haven't overlevelled by more than 2-3 levels.
That's a fuckhuge advantage and means you're most likely stomping every trainer by now.
>>
>>30092748
>>30092743
EXP share gives you 6x the EXP

It's literally easy mode
>>
>>30092759
>you're most likely stomping every trainer by now.

Well duh.
>>
>>30092743
Nuzlocke is retarded because I want to choose what team I use, and releasing Pokemon just because they pass out is stupid.

EXP share off is the most reasonable difficulty setting. Anything else is too easy or just retarded.
>>
>>30092778
Not doing a Nuzlocke lets you revive your Pokemon

It's literally easy mode.
>>
>>30090798
It's easy even without EXP share. I just finished a Nuzlocke without EXP Share, and not even my slow as fuck starter or Vikavolt died.
>>
>>30090972
>Two shot with my Magnemite
>One shot with Fire Z Move
>Haven't challenged it yet
Gee, how difficult
>>
>>30092748
It overlevels you precisely because it removes the need to switch around, creating more exp out of thin air instead. Of course if you turn it off only to grind your party one by one you're probably retarded, but the point is to turn it off and not grind.
>>
>>30092778
350%

>Pokémon that do not participate in battle will only gain 50% of the possible experience.

Switching everyone in is twice as efficient per kill, but its debatable if exp share is better time wise. Trainers are worth switching in for.
>>
>>30092807
Your retarded ass uses EXP share. I doubt you can nuzlocke a single Pokemon game
>>
File: 1479356533874.jpg (5KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1479356533874.jpg
5KB, 250x236px
>>30092798
EXP Share off is retarded because you give up 600% percent experience, for nothing in return.

There's no reason NOT to use EXP Share. No rewards, not even a stupid achievement.

You can make up optional challenges and turn off items to make any game more difficult. That doesn't mean the game doesn't have design problems.

>"Elmo's Alphabet World is too easy."
>"But you did you try beating it without using the control stick? Fucking retard, the difficulty is fine."
>>
>>30092808
That sounds crazy. Did you grind? Because if you did then it's pointless.
>>
>>30090798
It's honestly noticeably more difficult than XY.
>>
File: 1454384642705.png (768KB, 620x623px) Image search: [Google]
1454384642705.png
768KB, 620x623px
>>30092827

OP is like saying
>SM is way too easy!

You can make up optional challenges for any game. But turning off EXP Share doesnt provide any rewards nor is it recognized on your save, so its no different than doing a Nuzlocke.
>>
>>30092812
So, again, you're basically saying it's hard as long as you don't level your team up. I'm not overleveled. My Pokemon are always around the same level as the opponents. I'm just leveling my team properly.
>>
>>30092808
Bull fucking shit. You either grinded a lot or injected perfect IV mons.
>>
>>30092759
You should be stomping them down even if you were 2-3 levels under, otherwise you have no business playing this game.
>>
>>30092855
>>30092835
>/pol/ is so casual they need 350% EXP to beat a Pokemon game

Wew
>>
>All these retarded threads about dofficulty
Jesus, Pokémon is not a difficult game. Absolutely no one here ever plays pokémon for the difficulty. Please stop acting like you are the elite of the elite because you managed to complete a game aimed at younged children without using one of the features.

You guys are always surprising me. I thought you couldn't get any more retarded.
>>
>>30092875
Read the OP again. It's aimed at retards that turn on easy mode and are surprises the game is easy.
>>
File: 1455781392451.png (258KB, 513x396px) Image search: [Google]
1455781392451.png
258KB, 513x396px
>>30092873
>/vp/ is so casual they need revives to beat a Pokemon game

Wew, he doesnt even nuzlocke
>>
>>30092847
>>30092860
Not saying I had not deaths. Someone newly caught Pokemon died before they had time to catch up.
But as long as my Pokemon were not 10 levels below the opponent, one or two Super Effective hits can take out anything.
>>
>>30092906
You're an EXP share cuckold. You probably can't even do a nuzlocke
>>
>>30090864
>The game is too easy!
>I shouldn't need to click a button to make my game more challenging >:((((

People are genuinely this retarded
>>
Not surprised it's the /pol/fag that uses EXP Shareasy mode.
>>
>>30092786
>>30092866
Stomping even more*

Does that calm your autism? The point is saying you're overleveled and at the same time that there's nothing wrong with it is a joke.
>>
>>30092912
>not deaths
No*

>Someone newly
*Some

Fucking hell. It wasn't even auto correct.
>>
>>30092912
Did you grind or not.
>>
>>30092978
Not really. I didn't run from any battles and didn't buy repels, but I didn't stop anywhere just to kill random Pokemon.
>>
>>30092898
But nobody turns on easy mode.
>>
>>30093015
Switch or Set.
>>
I remember people saying that the game was actually balanced with the Exp. Share on in mind this time around, especially with the experience scaling mechanic back. Whoops.
>>
>>30090798
>Implying the game is hard if you turn off the EXP Share
Please. Everything in this game dies with one or two Super Effective hits. As long as you aren't using the shittiest of shitmons, you shouldn't have any problem with anything.
>>
>>30092856
No, I'm saying that EXP share does give you more exp and can as a result very easily make a party overleveled. It doesn't "just level up all your Pokemon at the same time". If you aren't overleveled that's down to how you're managing encounters and that's fine, but EXP share is making a difference.
>>
>>30093068
It was a nuzlocke. Set.
>>
Exp share only cuts out grinding
Prove me wrong
>>
>>30093132
one item that add 1000 xp every time you use it just cut grinding too

but by cutting grinding you're making the game easier because rpgs revolve around getting levels and getting stronger
>>
File: 1475828259128.jpg (41KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1475828259128.jpg
41KB, 600x503px
>>30090798
>Implying turning the EXP Share makes the game hard
Just makes it less easy. Nothing difficult.
>>
>>30093168
Less grinding =/= easier
That meme needs to end. If you spend an extra hour to get every pokemon up to level 20, are you having a more challenging experience, or are you having a drawn out experience?
>>
>>30093208
the game is based about grinding
less grinding does make it easier
its the same as playing any casino game where you need to gain money and you start with 100.000 instead of 1.000. you play less matches to achieve your goal, it's easier. getting levels and being stronger is a core part of the game. if you simplify it by any means, you're making the game easier. i dont get whats so hard to understand about this
>>
>>30093253
Its because grinding isn't difficult at all. Its tedious.
>>
File: 1474991279038.jpg (14KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
1474991279038.jpg
14KB, 234x216px
>>30090798
>He thinks the game is actually hard without EXP Share
>>
>>30093168
Yeah but its my journey and I'm the trainer.

Some people think they are good trainers because they can beat trainers with even or less powerful teams.

I think being a good trainer is about crushing your opponent by being more prepared and more powerful.

>Breeding
>Training
>Teambuilding
>Catching and Raising

All of these are just as important as making the correct decisions in a battle. I've done a shit ton of nuzlocke runs and they are as much determined by blind luck as by anything else.

If you're a good trainer you should be fight fights in a way that ensures you have zero percent chance of losing.
>>
>>30093269
Then you don't like RPGs. That's the same as saying that hitting the ball on baseball games is boring. Go play something else.
>>
>>30093317
No, I like RPGs which don't rely on artificial difficulties. Extending the gameplay through repetitiveness is a cheap tactic. Difficulty for most people is about skill, not about doing the same thing over and over 6 times in a row just to move on. Grinding is not a necessity for RPGs.
>>
>>30090972
Totem wishiwashi was breeze for me, but that's because I used a dry skin paras...
>>
>>30093083
>turned off the XP share at the start of the second island
>things gradually getting tougher, game's becoming incredibly enjoyable
>that fucking Lurantis
>first round have my equal level growlithe use its firium
>does 40%
>Lurantis summons castform
>fucking sunny day
>starts belting me with Solar Blades every round
>synthesis in the sunny day makes it practically untouchable
>can't bring in a water or rock type to kill it because of the Solar Blade spam
>growlithe is my only chance since he can at least resist both of them and he had a non-fire move
>the fucking castform has water gun
If it weren't for sunny day also cutting water gun's damage I probably wouldn't have managed it.
I've had to turn the xp share back on for the third island though, the wild pokemon are starting to pass my weaker pokemon in level which is getting ridiculous.
Gonna toggle it off and on as needed to at least stay a couple levels above the wild pokemon, the game clearly wasn't balanced or paced with always having it off in mind.
I don't understand why there isn't an option to have it affect one, all, or none of your pokemon.
>>
File: 1420083565228.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1420083565228.gif
158KB, 209x193px
>>30093397
>newage remove the grind from RPG's millennial

GET OUT OF MY GENRE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RPGS ARE NOT TACTICS/PUZZLE GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RPGS ARE OBJECTIVELY ABOUT BUILDING STATS AND PLAYING A CHARACTER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30091223
>>30091466
>>30091692
>>30091785
>>30092544
>>30092743
>>30092855
>random capitalized words
underage pls
>>
>>30091466
>>30091596
>>30091787
>>30092191
>>30092676
>>30092945
>m-muh artificial difficulty

Why not play in a language you don't understand just to make it harder?

Why not just play blindfolded just to make it harder?

Why not just blind yourself to make it harder?

Why not just fucking kill yourself?
>>
File: 1472576629441.jpg (7KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472576629441.jpg
7KB, 210x240px
>>30093208
On every Pokemon game where I've been underleveled, I still have never felt the need to grind. Case in point, I finished a Platinum run not too long ago where I inadvertently ended up with 4 Pokemon with weakness to ice, two of them on a x4 weakness, about 7-8 levels below the Ice gym leader of Sinnoh, and still I beat the game without needing to go to a patch of grass to level up. I just had to try a couple of different strategies until one of them worked.

If you have ever felt like you really needed to grind in a Pokemon game to get past a certain challenge, you are doing something wrong.
>>
File: just stop.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>30090798
Honestly, I don't care about how hard the games should be, or even the story, for that matter. All I want a new region to explore and more Pokemon to catch.

What I'd like the most is a truly open-world Pokemon game with minimal hand-holding and most of the progress based on exploration. I'm fine with gyms/trials still being around, but fuck, I'd like to go without being told where to go or what to do for more than thirty seconds.
>>
>>30093506
This is accurate, I didn't even pay attention to the levels in SM and I beat it in two days
>>
>>30091181
Vikavolt is faster than charjabug, but slower than grubbin.
>>
>>30091482
>its like playing Pokemon Red/Blue
Red and Blue had this same sort of EXP share.

>Keep one Pokemon out never switching and using type effective moves
You'll get fucking wrecked by totem pokemon and several trainers by the second island.
>>
>>30093440
Do you use repels or something? I just beat every wild Pokemon I come across, and that keeps me at a decent level.
I had to deal with Sunny Day Solar Blade too, but Luratis died pretty easily with a Sunny Day boosted Fire attack.
>>
>>30093633
>Red and Blue had this same sort of EXP share.

What are you smoking
The exp was split. Gen 6 and 7 takes XP out of thin air to give other pokemon
>>
>>30093643
Nah, I eventually just had to burn through all of Lurantis' PP for Synthesis then finish her off with some more Fire Fang spam.
I think it's just from poor luck with the typings and their levels.
Growlithe's stats are absolute garbage and he was the second lowest level member on my team, the two highest were a Slowbro and Dartrix, the latter of which got one shot by a Sunny Day Weather Ball that I completely forgot about.
That opening power herb Solar Blade caught me off guard, but I was happy to see that Game Freak is willing to let NPCs use more powerful tactics then spam whatever move their current pokemon has that does the most damage.
The amount of switching and status affecting move usage I've seen out of trainers in this game has been great.
>>
>>30090798
Instead of trying to make an easy game challenging, just play a challenging game.
>>
>>30091394

Why not just go through the game without worrying about levels and grinding?
>>
>Brick Break, Raticate fainted
>Crabrawler used Leer
>Type: Null used Tackle
>Wishiwashi used Water Gun
>Vikavolt used Spark
>Salandit used Double Slap
>Fucking Ariados
>Golisopod used Swords Dance, Golisopod's Emergency Exit
>Scizor used Fury Cutter, Scizor used Leer
>Milotic used Flail, Clefable used Metronome
>6 vs1, 6 vs 2, 6 vs 2, 6 vs 2, 6 vs 3, 6 vs 2, 6 vs 3, 6 vs 1, 6 vs 3, 6 vs 4, 6 vs 5, 6 vs 4

You are literally retarded if you don't see how fucking much they held back almost everywhere.
>>
>>30094005
dont forget
>bewear used pain split
>bewear used pain split
>bewear used pain split
>bewear used pain split
>bewear used pain split
>bewear fainted
>>
There's no reward for turning EXP Share off, so it might as well just be a Nuzlocke

I could make up optional challenges for My Little Pony 3DS, that doesn't mean the game has good difficulty design.
>>
>>30091139

Or just don't pick Popplio. I watched Dartrix outspeed and OHKO with Pluck
>>
File: lol.png (112KB, 348x359px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
112KB, 348x359px
>>
>>30090798

Well the alternative would be autistically grinding everything up, and I don't feel like doing that.

The real problem is that the game ends with level 50-60 enemies. I want a better level curve.
>>
I summon 3 phantoms in DS3 against all bosses in first playthrough because it's game fault.
>>
>>30090798

>calls SM too easy
>uses pokemon centers
>uses items
>evolves pokemon
>uses damaging moves
>>
>>30094312
>Actually PLAYS THE GAME
>>
>>30090972

>Totem Wishiwashi

He only have water gun and soak, he literally give you a resistance of his unique attack

>Totem Lurantis

just use the fucking region bird

>Totem Mimikyu

only moderate
>>
>>30094616

Lurantis one hit my Toucannon like mad.

Fucking castform.

Memekyu went down in one hit from a fairy move.
>>
>>30094616
wishiwashi almost fucked me. summoned an Alomomola and used to it constantly heal itself
>>
>>30090882
Lol I did that by accident. I also left the exp share on, so Wishiwashi was pretty easy. I'm only fighting trainers until my 6 level difference goes away.
>>
>>30091122
Managed to get me a shiny one of these.

Dies all the time though, i need to change all of it's physical moves to special ones now that it evolved.
>>
>>30094121
The "reward" is that if you're the type of person who's bothered by easy difficulty you should avoid the feature that allows you to overlevel your team without really trying

>>30094218
I've been playing SM with exp.share off and there has been no "autistic" grinding on my behalf Gen V's level curve coming back makes it so that anything can be brought up to speed with a few wild battles
>>
>>30090798

The game is literally tailored around the exp share though.

If you leave the exp share on, you have an appropriate challenge.

If you turn it off, you cripple yourself.

It would be like saying, "If you think Call Of Duty is too easy than just stop using guns!!"
>>
>>30095509

also, even turning it off isn't a REAL challenge, it's an artificial challenge.

what is REALLY challenging about not using exp share? the grinding? the retarded refresh minigame? come on.

those things don't actually test any kind of skill you may or may not have, they are simply excersizes in tedium.
>>
>>30091241
>sent out Grimer
>Wishiwashi used Soak
>Grimer took damage from Black Sludge
I got outmeme'd
>>
>>30095535
If you turn off the Exp Share, then you probably aren't going to grind. Because you would use the Exp Share to grind like a normal person.
Also you act like purposefully crippling yourself in a game to see how well you can perform ISN'T fun. It's like 3 heart runs in Zelda. Perhaps Kirby's Epic Yarn is more your style...
>>
>>30095665
I grind when i feel like grinding and i still don't use exp share. Not because i want a challenge or something like that, i just don't feel right when everyone gains xp out of nowhere. I just want the old exp share back.
>>
who the fuck cares
>>
>>30090972
>cake
>killed with brionne
>not done yet
>>
>>30090864
It's the default because it's for children.
>>
>>30092056
>Play's with eyes closed
>Not just throwing your 3ds around the room until you give yourself a name.
>>
>>30090798

I bet you min/max stats, make sure you have a beneficial nature, pay attention to your ability, and have the ideal moveset before you play online.
>>
>>30093503
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>30093503
I'm sorry you have mental retardation, Anon.
>>
>>30090864
Almost every video game I can think of has a difficulty slider of some sort.
>>
>>30091139
I pick popplio. It was not pleasant
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.