[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of having different abilities that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1452503080217.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1452503080217.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
What's the point of having different abilities that are functionally exactly the same?

>Here's Reshiram's Turboblaze and Zekrom's Teravolt
>it's literally just Moldbreaker
>Full Metal Body is Solgaleo's unique ability, never before seen!
>it's just Clear Body, which is also White Smoke
>also Shadowshield is Lunala's, totally never seen before guiz!
>it's Multiscale

Just give Solgaleo Clear Body and Lunala Multiscale if you're just going to do that shit. Or you know, make Full Metal Body and Shadowshield something actually unique.
>>
>>30089963
What is the point of anything? We're all going to die anyways.
>>
Hi guys! Hope you all like my cool new never before seen hidden ability!
>>
>>30089963
There's different flavor text for same abilities to make it fit more thematically on the Pokemon. The real problem here as you illustrated is when GF tried to pass it off as unique in the case of the box mascot abilities. I guess it was marketing towards normies who don't care about Pokemon past the surface level? Still pretty heinous/amateurish.
>>
>>30089963

I was always under the impression that it was so if Gamefreak ever thought they had to go back and change some abilities (for better or worse) that they wouldn't make blanket changes to nerf Pokemon that didn't need it to the ground, as was the case when they decided to give Drizzle and Drought better distribution.
>>
>>30089963
I hate how some Pokemon don't get abilities that actualy make them usefull and fit their descriptions.
Like:
Cloudnine(no weather) should be Castform hidden ability, A normal ability for Dratini line.|
Comatose should be Drowzee hidden ability
Solar Power should be standard ability for helioptile line
>>
>>30090126
Drizzle should be Wailord ability.
It make no sense on the normal pokemon they gave it,same with sun. Volcarona should be the one
>>
>>30090150
Comatose doesn't fit for Drowzee. It makes OTHERS fall asleep.

It would make sense as a hidden ability for Snorlax or Abra though.
>>
>>30089963
>it's just Clear Body, which is also White Smoke
>it's Multiscale
Ah, but that's just if you read the text.
If you look at what it actually does...
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-battle-mechanics-research.3586701/page-41#post-7094497
>>
>>30089963

Lunala doesn't have scales so they can't give it Multiscale
>>
>>30089963
They should have compound ability for legendaries.

Like Turboblaze being Mold Breaker+Fire move power up anf Teravolt being the same but with electric.

It would be fitting and box legends are meant to be at least a little overpowered anyway.
>>
>>30090309
Fullmetal body-Clear Body+Magic Bounce
Shadow Shield-Multiscale+Magic Guard?

Seems rather fitting, you can switch it up too.
>>
>>30090251
Kind of neat that Mold Breaker doesn't bypass it, too bad they're still clones though. Was hoping Solgaleo got an ability like a flash fire clone or volt absorb for fire that can't be bypassed by Mold Breaker, fucking sun legendary is weak to fire.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.