[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get a free Brick Break and a Makuhita before the first trial,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: 1434847137542.png (537KB, 623x791px) Image search: [Google]
1434847137542.png
537KB, 623x791px
>Get a free Brick Break and a Makuhita before the first trial, clear it in three turns, most likely even easier in Moon
>Oricorio single handedly destroys Hala
>Random Paras I caught right before the trial single handedly absorbs everything Wishiwashi throws at me
>Mudbray OHKOs Salazzle
>Crobat outspeeds and 2HKOs Lurantis even with its +2 Speed boost
>Mudbray laughs at Olivia
>Vikavolt only has physical moves so Charjabug's Battery does NOTHING
>6th trial arguably the only hard one, nothing against this one
>Nanu gets obliterated by Wigglytuff
>Hapu is a fine challenge
>Kommo-O doesn't even get a move off Wigglytuff, and even if it would it summons EXTREMELY underleveled allies
>Lusamine probably has the worst AI of every Pokémon trainer ever, including RBY
>All of the Elite Four has very questionable movesets and no Pokémon to cover their type's weaknesses, some of them use the wrong attacking stats with Pokémon with pitiful special attack and viceversa
>Nothing to say about the champion
>Rivals are weak and never get more than four Pokémon during the adventure, people that cry about Raichu apparently don't know what a Ground type is
>The game's idea of postgame worthy trainers is 10 trainers with Eeveevolutions

You guys told me this game was hard? I did not even use a single healing item or Z-Move, or held items or Exp. Share or any other shit. If I did, I can't even imagine how easy it would have been.
>>
>>30087713
Yeah, but who even likes at least half the mons you listed?
>>
>>30087729
Fpbp
>>
>>30087713
You're pretty cool, anon
>>
>>30087729
>Catch Makuhita, Oricorio, Paras and Mudbray for one trial, minimum training required, actually not even levelled up Paras once
>Clear trial
>Box them
Wow so hard. They are all cool anyway.
>>
>Game is easy if you know beforehand what the game is gonna be and you prepare for it

I bet you played on switch mode too
>>
>>30087802
I don't want them tainting my party, anon. Gross.

Mudbray is cool though I'll give you that. Only Sensu Oricoro is a good ori.
>>
>>30087832
The game literally tells you before you enter the trial or fight the Kahuna, and they give you time to prepare. The only exception is Nanu. You know everything by simply playing the game.
>>
>>30087832
And with ash-greninja
>>
>>30087713
But what does Oboro have to do with all this, Anon.
>>
>>30088731
Not OP, but I have to admire their taste.
>>
>>30087713
>wow Pokemon have weaknesses
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>30087713
>Every pokémon I specifically caught to have SE STAB against all the totems/trials did really well! What an easy game!

Wow :)
>>
>>30088857
Do you fight the trials with only Pokémon weak to them? Do you also refuse to use STAB moves otherwise your Pokémon hit too hard? Maybe only use one PokéCenter per town otherwise it's cheating?
>>
>>30089163
Do you do things to make the game easier, then complain about it being too easy?
>>
>>30090347
>using Pokemon the game makes available for you is not how you should play the game
Nice to know, I'll try a Kricketot only run next time, maybe it will be hard like this. Should I use Pokecenters or would that be cheating? Should I swap Kricketot for Magikarp before the Grass trial so I don't have type advantage?
>>
>>30087845
>the game literally tells you the E4 typings
Cool story bro
>>
>>30090419
>using Pokemon the game makes available for you is not how you should play the game
That's not even remotely close to what I was saying and you know it.

The point is if you use every possibly advantage that you can to win, then obviously it's going to be easy.

Note how you used 5 rhetorical questions and two uses of the word "cheating" to "argue" against me.
>>
>>30090466
3 of them are typings you should already have been prepared about, the forth has one of the worst E4 teams ever. Also there is no excuse for special Relicanth and special dhelmise.
>>
>>30090471
Games should challenge you even when you try your best.
>>
>>30090541
Not games for kids, anon.
>>
>>30090471
Did not use healing items nor z moves nor exp share nor battle style switch nor held items, that's not even remotely close to using every possible advantage that I can to win.
>>
Try my rules I play by
Battle mode on Set
Exp Share Off
No healing items in battle
Only use items you pickup no buying potions and things.

Since Refresh is a new thing, you can choose whether you wanna use it or not, I've used it very rarely.

Minimal grinding, talking point A to point B battle people in between and that's it no hanging out around tall grass.

And the most important one: In a Major Battle (Rival, Gym, Trial, E4, Champ) You CANNOT have a single Pokemon faint. If they faint soft reset and try the fight again.
>>
>>30090559
You shouldn't need to use very many advantages at all. That's why a lot of people choose not to catch a pokémon specifically because it will help with one battle. People prefer to try to defeat it with the team they have.
>>
>>30090548
Old games were also for kids and they weren't all braindead.
>>
>>30090591
Oh, you're a genwunner.

No point arguing any longer.
>>
>>30090608
I said old games, not old POKÉMON games, retard.
>>
>>30090617
Then it's completely irrelevant.

Why compare games of a completely different audience/genre/time period?
>>
>>30088857
Oh yes, let's not catch new Pokemon and only use not very effective moves. That is exactly how you play Pokemon.
>>
>>30090632
But my point is that it being for kids isn't an excuse to make things completely devoid of challenge unless you gimp yourself. Not even trying to argue with you here or trying to win a point, I'm just disappointed in general with the casualization of things as time goes on. Not even about Pokémon, Pokémon was always easy. Just things in general.
>>
>>30090658
It is if you don't want it to be a fucking breeze.

Ever heard of nuzlockes or monotype runs?
>>
>Don't use items
>Don't use these Pokemon
>Don't use only Super Effective moves
>Don't use EXP Share

There's difference in the game being hard and you making the game intentionally harder by being shit at it.
>>
>>30087713
It's presents some challenge/strategy for the people who use the Pokemon team they want to use, not for people like you who use the best mom for every single trial and then get upset when the AI doesn't have some smogon level counter set. Stop being such s try hard and just enjoy the damn game
>>
>>30087713
>Planning your strategy in a game for 11 year olds
>>
>>30090669
Except old games were literally ports of arcade games, or made by the same developers, of "kill them just often enough that they want to keep playing, but we still make money."

Remember, 'back in the day' developers made 25 cents every time you died in a video game. or at least, the arcade did, and games that had a good difficulty curve sold better which got the developer more money

Games aren't designed that way anymore. It's a different audience with different costs attached. You need to grow with the genre or you will be left behind, because there are more than enough people in the new target demographic that your passing will not even be noticed.
>>
>>30090716
Magnemite rapes the game... it even survived smeargle's ember and ohkod with thundershock.
>>
>>30090694
I don't know why it took 30 replies to put the actual answer into such simple terms.
>>
>>30090751
This "grow" with the genre is bullshit. That's literally a "take what you don't enjoy and stop complaining". It was the same shit with Fire Emblem or Ys.
>>
>>30090716
>Stop being such s try hard and just enjoy the damn game
Kinda off the point, but some people enjoy utterly destroying everything.
>>
>>30090716
>enjoy the game by playing in a way that you don't enjoy!
Not even that guy, but it's a lose/lose situation for some people.
>>
>>30090716
So, again, you're saying I shouldn't go in prepared for the fight? The game is hard as long as I don't try to win?
>>
>>30090757
>get Misdreavus at like level 10
>first encounter, was not even looking for it because didn't expect GF to be so retarded to put a Misdreavus so early in the game
>get a Metang as soon as I get Pelago
>it decides to stay with me
Easiest game of my life.
>>
>>30090779
And tell me anon, have EITHER of those games listened to the old fans when they bitched about the changes? Of course not. Why would you think now would be any different.
>>
>>30090814
I can get that, but when people go out of their way to catch a mon they don't like or want to use to easily beat a certain trainer/trial and then complain that the games aren't fun because they're easy..... They're ruining the game for themselves and then they come on here and bitch and moan over a problem they made themselves. The easy Pokemon are there for the kids that are maybe stuck on a certain trial, not for the 20-something year olds who shouldn't need to mindlessly use super effective Pokemon to win
>>
>>30090694
>>30090847
Fucking this.
The game isn't hard if I have to actively not destroy everything.
>>
>>30087713
Harder than most entries but what do you expect from Pokemon?
Was this your same method in other Pokemon games? Or did you steamroll with mostly one focal mon and some others.
>>
>>30090884
The people who like breezing through things usually don't complain about those things. I did say it was off the point.

I like playing that way. Just relaxing and breezing through the game. I use any Pokemon that can help me do that. This makes me like the strong Pokemon, the ones that can help me achieve what I want. I have never used a Pokemon I actually did not want to use.

This has nothing to do with the OP, but your post imolied that the only way to enjoy the game was when it was challenging. That's the only reason I made that post. But it seems you understand that isn't the case, so I guess there was no need to point that out.
>>
Is nobody gonna talk about how A LOT of trainers only have pokemon with two or three moves? Not even weak ones, important trainers like Olivia and Hapu do.
>>
>>30091088
All the challenge seemed to be in Totems I guess.
20 years on and they still can't give trainer Pokemon full moveset.
>>
>>30087713
>>6th trial arguably the only hard one, nothing against this one

mudsdale with heavy slam one-shot the mimikyu
>>
File: 1452809887514.gif (127KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452809887514.gif
127KB, 480x270px
>get a Misdreavus on the first island
>get an Eviolite on the second island

>steamroll
>>
>>30091188
>one shot mimikyu
Nice meme friend!
>>
>>30091270
>break the disguise
>one-shot with heavy slam
DURRR BUT THAT'S TWO SHOT UUUUUURRRRR

UUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
I'm just here to see what people are using for steamrolling the game
>>
>>30090870
Actually we got Fire Emblem Conquest.
>>
>>30091286
>a supereffective 120 BP move coming from 125 attack oneshot something with 80 defense and shit HP
omg
did you know a chandelure can oneshot a rotom with dark pulse
>>
>>30091226
>Misdreavus
I thought it wasn't in the national dex
>>
It's actually hard for me bc I'm raising a large team, meaning I'm underlevelled at all times.

I'm planning on having a team of 24 bc I genuinely enjoy levelling pokemon and would rather use many than a few. I'm at 18 right now, which means 3x the exp needed. On top of that, I don't know what's exactly coming up ahead and playing set.

It's fairly difficult, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
>>
>>30090757
Magnemite is great. It can paralyze, it's a steel type, and has additional coverage. I seriously just swept Olivia with only Magnemite.
>>
>>30090870
conquest is one of the best FEs in the series. Unless you're complaining about the optional weeb features that you can just fucking ignore
>>
>>30092221
this
the best way to play is by raising more than six mons at a time
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.