[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people complaining about SuMo even though it's a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: stupid.png (103KB, 278x174px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
103KB, 278x174px
>people complaining about SuMo even though it's a great game and 100% better than XY/ORAS trash

We're never gonna get a perfect pokemon game with no flaws. Just accept it already.

The problem with pokemon is that it needs to appeal to a huge audience: kids, casuals, adults, autismos, you name it. This means that nobody will ever be completely satisfied, except maybe kids.

There are two ways we can get a perfect pokemon game:

1) Gamefreak decides to make two completely different versions, one for kids and one for adults (it will never happen)

2) As years pass by, kids lose interest in pokemon and it becomes a game for quirky adults (this will happen eventually).
>>
Its a ripoff of digimon story nuff said
>>
>>30087144
A lot of the complaints are about features and things GF did in the past (they were also appealing to kids back then) that they decided to drop for SM. Most of the others could be fixed with a simple difficulty setting and rest are minor nitpicks no one cares about
>>
>>30087144
>SuMo
>>
>>30087164
There are no difficulty complaints though.
Most people are happy with the difficulty, in fact there's multiple threads up with hundreds of posts in each about how challenging the totem pokemon can be.
>>
>>30087144
>100% better than XY/ORAS trash
I bet you never played those games
>>
>>30087144
Steps to make a perfect pokemon game:

1. Add difficulty settings
2. Add an expansive wilderness section with miniquests that explore supporting lore and unlock sections with different pokemon
3. Make the story more down to earth. When you jump the shark, you should probably come back down instead of exacerbating things. Maybe hire some writers. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need lol CUUUURAZZY animu style story and characters to be engaging. For generations, kids loved Pokemon without all this bullshit. The story writing has also made the Pokemon world increasingly inconsistent and generic shonen shit.
4. Balance the meta game. Revamp old Pokemon's stats, movepools, etc. Nip power creep in the bud. Also no more gimmicks to further clusterfuck the meta.
5. Do not cut old features and content. Things like: Secret Bases.
6. Create co-op quests or sections of the game.

And I guarantee you can do these things without alienating any of the demographics.
>>
File: 1441563091608.png (68KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
1441563091608.png
68KB, 229x231px
>>30087144
>SuMo
I want to agree with you but you're an idiot
>>
>>30087144
Just take the Fates route and have both versions be difficulty versions
>>
>>30087144
I still don't understand why people hated XY.
>>
My complaint is WHERE THE FUCK IS YA BOI?

I'm at the third island and I haven't even fucking seen him.
>>
File: opinion.png (21KB, 97x81px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.png
21KB, 97x81px
>>30087144
>calling it sumo

fucking kill yourself either call it sm or sun moon.
why the fuck do you shorten 7 letters to 4
>>
File: back to reddit.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
back to reddit.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>30087144
>SuMo
Just say Sun or Moon you retarded redditfag.
>>
>>30087144
>one for kids and one for adults
That won't result in perfection, it'd result in two gutted version that most people would enjoy half the features of and want features from the other.

No franchise in the history of gaming was made better by gutting it of features in past games/other versions.
>>
>>30090021
>Why the fuck do you shorten 7 letters to 4
>Shortens 7 letters to 2

What the fuck Is happening to you? (I'm not the OP, just sayin'. :^) )
>>
>>30089607
Malie garden after electric trial.
>>
>>30087224
this

I was actually really happy with the difficulty this time around, especially since the game pretty much expects you to use the Exp. Share.
>>
>>30087224
>There are no difficulty complaints though.
There are plenty

A bunch of retards finding it hard dont mean everyone did. We had the same meme posts about "whoa the game is crazy hard now" even for XY. Some people are just morons and will find anything hard
>>
>>30090093
In my case, I see multiple threads where people complains about how easy is the game. So, what happened?
>>
>We're never gonna get a perfect pokemon game with no flaws. Just accept it already.

Brah, we got those in 2010. They were Black and White.
>>
>>30090139
If you don't grind then you will be overleveling everything by about 10 levels in the beginning. When you get to about the 4th island, everything will be within 5-6 levels of you. The elite four should be within 1-2 levels of you. This was my case as I did absolutely no grinding during my playthrough and I still had the Exp. Share on.
>>
>>30090147
>black and white
>perfect

Please anon spare my sides they have children to raise
>>
>>30090122
Nice dubs btw. :^)
>>
>>30090172
thanks anon i got them again >>30090166 so i can give you one if you want
>>
>>30090147
>Black and White
>Perfect games

Are you motherfucking serious? They were good games. NOT THE BEST. There aren't best Pokémon games imo. (If you ever say shit like "buh anon, Platenum wuz purfukt" I swear I'll kill you In the most brutal way).
>>
File: 146737278282.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
146737278282.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>super early game
>most Pokemon are normal types
>Munchlax at front of the party
>get into a fight with a Ghastly trainer
>use Metronome instead of switching out
>Ghastly uses Mean Look
>use Metronome since it's the only Normal move that can hurt him
>puts Munchlax to sleep
>drains it's PP
>can't use Metronome, can't switch out
>Ghastly is an early-game pussy with no damaging moves that can hit Normal types
>Munchlax can't hit Ghastly because it's ghost type
>soft reset
WEW GOOD GAME MADE BY GOOD DEVELOPERS RIGHT HERE.
>>
>>30087144
#2 is retarded if children were to ever lose interest in pokemon they wouldnt make it anymore
>>
>>30090189
Yes please.
>>
>>30090021
pokemon sadomasochism
>>
>>30090244
And again.
>>
>>30090122
you have to intentionally handicap yourself by using bad mons in order for the game to be challenging its always pretty much been that way
>>
>>30090226
>know gastly can learn mean look
>know gastly can learn hypnosis
>know none of your conventional moves can harm gastly
>decide to use the single most unreliable move in the game instead of switching out
desu anon it sounds like you're the retarded one in this situation
>>
>>30090399
I don't know that shit because I'm not autistic enough to remember the learnset of 700 video game monsters.

These games are made for children, there shouldn't be a chance of getting stuck in an endless battle at the beginning of the game.

>decide to use the single most unreliable move in the game instead of switching out
Nigga I've been bodying everything with Metronome, it's hilarious. I have it in the front to use Hold Back for early Pokemon capping.
>>
>>30090226
>use metronome
Fucking retard
>>
>>30090446
Thanks for admitting to be retarded. I'm glad you were honest and didn't come up with lame excuses
>>
File: 1452607678831.png (2KB, 100x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452607678831.png
2KB, 100x200px
>>30090565
Sorry you'll never touch a real vagina, anon.
>>
>>30087144
>We're never gonna get a perfect pokemon game with no flaws
Of course since Gamefreak is retarded. But from your 2 ideas, so are you.
>>
>>30092175
you realize that you're insulting Gamefreak then demanding more Gamefreak games. I'm not sure you know the definition of retard.
>>
>>30090446
Isn't Struggle typeless specifically so you can't get stuck on Ghosts?
>>
>>30090147
>BW
>anywhere near good

Top kek
>>
>>30090147
Black 2 White 2**
>>
>>30094136
Name 1 flaw.
>>
>>30087144
>2) As years pass by, kids lose interest in pokemon and it becomes a game for quirky adults (this will happen eventually).

This will never happen

New generations of kids will be introduced to Pokemon and fall in love with it, being ignorant and too young to understand its flaws

You do know that Genwunners aren't the only ones right, there are Gentwoers, Genthreeers, etc.

As Pokemon continues, it will constantly attract children from newer generations

Hell, there are people who grew up with Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald here in /vp/ right now
>>
>>30094756
I'm pretty sure their are people on here who started with Gen 4/5 as well.
>>
File: 208.gif (1015KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
208.gif
1015KB, 500x281px
>>30092339
>>
File: AgathaRBG.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
AgathaRBG.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>30094756

>Hell, there are people who grew up with Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald here in /vp/ right now

I feel old............
>>
>>30091902
A person having trouble with a game made for toddlers certainly will though.
>>
If I liked all gens apart from gen VI, will I like Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30087144
the old games were better and surprise they pandered to children too

the new retarded demographic and gamefreak's laziness are the reasons why the new games are bad
>>
>SuMo
>>
>>30094798
>go look up some music from Black/White
>read YouTube comments
>"Black/White was my first Pokemon game ever when I was only 8 years old"

Makes me feel so fucking old
>>
I wish they kept secret bases, super training and maybe adding a difficulty setting is the best bet.
>>
>>30087144
Tbqh it's one of my favorite games so far. Didn't hate XyOmRuAlSa but this overtakes them significantly and pushes way past DiPePl/HeGoSoSi in my book.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.