[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't the general public like the new games but like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (4KB, 232x106px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 232x106px
why don't the general public like the new games but like oras and x and shit?
>>
>read negative reviews
>reeee not gyms this isn't pokemon!!!!!

Gen wun normies who got sucked in to buying the game due to pokemon go
>>
Oh wow, that's really low, what the fuck.

I'm not saying it's perfect but it's better than last gen.
>>
>>30085657
Because SM is XY/ORAS but worse
>>
>>30085657
>Metacritic

Not even once.
>>
File: file.png (85KB, 687x334px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85KB, 687x334px
>>30085657
>>30085712
>>30085735
>>30085737
>>30085744
wats the deal here
>>
>>30085773
sun has more ratings, thats why I put it, even 7.9 is low considering

>>30085737
nice yoke
>>
File: 1479341622961.png (213KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1479341622961.png
213KB, 313x382px
>>30085737
>sun and moon
>worse

opion or not this shit is not true at all.
>>
>>30085744
>DUDE WE RATE EVERYTHING LOWER THAN THE OTHER REVIEW SITES SO WE'RE MORE PATRICIAN LMAO

FUCK metacritic
>>
>>30085657
>General public
>Metacritic
Why you think the 2 are related? Its basic just people post shit reviews.
>>
>>30085657
>>30085735
In hindsight, changing the formula right when general audiences were feeling nostalgic for the old wasn't a good idea.
>>
>>30085846
Haters be damned I'm enjoyed totem battles waaaay more than those shit gyms in XY. Feels great to actually be challenged
>>
File: 1461583274279.png (11KB, 575x62px) Image search: [Google]
1461583274279.png
11KB, 575x62px
>>30085735
>>
>>30085846
That score means nothing and doesn't even give a view of public opinion.
>>
File: 1478567152038.png (373KB, 541x462px) Image search: [Google]
1478567152038.png
373KB, 541x462px
>>30085886
If the cutscenes pissed people off this much I can only imagine what would happen if they played mario and luigi dream team.
>>
>>30085916
The negative reviews come from people who hate the number of Alolan shitmons, designs, lag and cutscenes
>>
>>30085990
The latter two are legitimate flaws. The former two are just opinions and in all honesty I wouldn't expect genwunners to actually like anything there.
>>
Never trust user scores. People can be salty about one minor thing and then give a game an undeserving score of 0 which heavily weighs down the average
>>
>>30086037
There aren't even that many reviews yet.
>>
>>30086039
Stuff usually gets overrated by the fans of it who post there to tell how great it is. A good example of it is the World of Warcraft movie, the fanbase are like cultists that eat up all the shit Blizzard shits out so they rate the movie way too high.
>>
This game gets much better later on, but it seriously makes a FUCKING TERRIBLE first impression.
Nobody wants to spend half an hour before they get their first pokemon and over two hours before they can set foot onto Route 2. This game just has a completely unreasonably slow start.
>>
>>30086071
The negative crowd are mostly the ones who go after user scores though
>>
>Metacritic
>>
Only on 4chan do people try and put stock into user scores.
>>
>>30086140
I just am wondering why its so low compared to the other gens esp ones like x/y that were simply trash
>>
>>30086071
Exactly, for that reason too you can't trust metacritic.
On one side you have sheep giving 10, on the other you have autists giving 0. And maybe neither of them haven't even played the game yet.
>>
>>30086197
Pirates salty that they got banned probably.
>>
>>30085801
it's an aggregate of review scores. metacritic is just the platform. i suppose you knew this but decided to hate the website anyway which is just wow baffling
>>
>>30085657
People who give the games crap just because there are no Gyms really need to look at other franchises to see how they evolved over the years. I seriously don't understand why people want Pokemon to be limited in its creative potential.
>>
>>30086556
Change for the better is fine, change for the worse is not fine.
>>
>>30086606
Oh, I agree with that. I don't have the game yet because I live in Europe, so I can't really say if the Island Trials are well done (I heard it was very interesting from other people though).

I'm just having a gripe with the people who say "this isn't a Pokemon game because there are no Gyms". I think this is putting an unnecessary limit on how creative Pokemon can be which overall hurts the franchise's potential.
>>
I honestly don't understand the ones who complain about difficulty, these are easily the hardest pokémon games as long you don't use allthe optional fluff they give you in case you're a dumb kid, it's making indirectly choosing you between casual and good mode.
>>
>>30085657
Is it surprising?

Sure the game is decent but people expecteed a lot more after 2 year break and the 20th annivesary

The game has low new Pokemon number again, post game is barely better than XY, Battle tree roster is a fucking JOKE. Handholding went to another level, the regional pokedex is smaller than XY. Alola forms are a joke, nobody cares about z-moves, no new megas, most features just brought back from XY.

The only positivities are better story, no HMs, slightly more difficult (but thats just totems so...) and better graphics
>>
Normal people aren't hinatafags obsessed with lillie
>>
>>30087430
Every single gen 2-5 felt like it added some substantial gameplay which did positively affect the player's experience, and overall built upon the world and mechanics in a generally positive way,

XY's additions felt very... "tacked on". It didn't feel like a natural progression of the core gameplay, it felt like new gimmicks stapled onto the game to serve as arbitrary selling points/replace an existing feature which didn't really need an overhaul. Plus fucking Franceland is the most dry and boring region, the soundtrack is almost entirely bland and forgettable save for a few location themes, and the difficulty is WAY too low even without exp share (save for the bullshit sections that kill nuzlockes, but that wouldn't affect a normal player).

Back to the point I was making, SM so far just seem like they're incrementing on the 6th gen gimmicks, while still leaving the actual core gameplay more or less the same - save for trials/totem battles, I'm actually pretty okay with those. So basically,
XY < ORAS < SM < everything else.
>>
>>30087646
Calling for help is extremely annoying for random wild battles though. It basically encourages overleveling, because if you can't one-shot the wild pokemon there's a good chance you're going to fight two, three, maybe more of them.
>>
>>30085657
It is quite simple really.

X/Y and by extension OR/AS were running on hype fumes. By the time they realized the games were shit (About a year later for each), it was too late to properly assess the damage. It's kind of how like A Link Between Worlds is a fucking shit game but it has stellar Metacritic reviews, hence why Metacritic has and always will be unreliable crap no one shoul pay attention to seriously.

The disappointment following Gen 6 overall is what attributed to S/M's lackluster user score rating. It'd be great to see it drop to a 6.
>>
>>30085737
No.
>>
>>30087646
THIS. This is the reason i fucking hate XY and Z-Moves. In fact, gen5 didn't have any crazy gameplay addittions (jut two new battle modes and an extra hard to unlock ability) and instead added polish and details to the gsme. If SM had been full of things like throwing styles and incentives to explore the world like quests or hidden grottos i would fucking love it. What made them say "okay we gotta add all the shit that we can possibly slap on this fucking bith" after gen5?
>>
The general public does like them. There is this weird contigency of retards rating the game down becaue of the lack of gyms.
>>
>>30088118
desu I really find the totem pokemon a better challenge than the gyms
>>
Low scores? It's because someone vote 0-2 just for nothing. They have really mental problem
>>
>>30088107
There are throw style... And Zygarde Cores to found
>>
>caring about metacritic
>caring about user scores of all things

Back in my autistic days, I gave every new EA game a 0/10 on mc despite never playing them.
>>
>>30085737
You cannot possibly believe this
>>
>>30085657
ORAS and XY are actually games.

S/M is a fucking movie.
>>
>>30089176
nice maymay, upvoted
>>
That score is too good for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>30089105
Why not? Is there a law saying he can't?
>>
>>30089192
This post is funny because Reddit would actually defend this schlock.
>>
>>30089247
lemme give you some spicy reddit gold, your posts are too fucken epic
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.