[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the knowledge of EVs ruined Pokemon for anyone else? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Has the knowledge of EVs ruined Pokemon for anyone else?
I remember back when I didn't know it existed I would just steamroll a fighting gym with a psychic mon but nowadays my autism really block me from letting a special pokemon from fighting attack evs yielding pokemon

Even thought it's irrelevant in single player I just get too autistic when fighting certain battles in game
>>
>>30066419
Yes, when competitive became the common thing during Gen IV. Eventually made me hate Pokemon and I quit playing right before BW came out. I came back to the franchise though, right when XY were announced and caught up with Gen V. I just don't let myself think or worry about about competitive aspects while playing through a game. I do play competitive on occasion these days still, but I keep in mind that it's not what Pokemon is all about like so many others believe.
>>
>>30066419
the fact that you can reset EVs since Emerald makes this a non issue

The real dickery have always been the IVs
>>
>>30066419
Honestly, same. It's way too much to think about. It's almost not fucking fun
>>
>>30066419
No, because who gives a shit about the ingame run.

On top of that, if you really want to use your ingame team now you can reset their EVs and just use bottle caps to maximize their IVs.
>>
I know that my ingame mons are shit so I don't care about ruining them with EVs even more.
>>
>>30066419
The competitive mindset always ruins everything, no matter if you talk about Quake, Overwatch, Street Fighter or, yes, pokemon. It's no use.

As a huge Karenfag, keep playing with my favourite mon is getting harder and harder, especially since all pokemon under 500 base stats are all called "shitmons", what a terrible term.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
>>30066419
Totally, the opening of Sun and Moon really recaptured the sense of wonder for me until I got to the actual pokemon part and was able to look at the stats screen. I hate this, I wish I could go back.
>>
>>30067367
Nah, IVs can be ignord more easily because they're harder to see.
But it's easy to see you have a physical attacker and is fighting a trainer full of SpA ev mons
>>
>>30066419
I only care for the natures during the main game. It's almost guaranteed I'll need to breed for IVs to play competitive and for the battle facility, so there's no point in worrying about EV training during the main game.
>>
>>30067457
You don't get it. It's not about being able to reset or not. It's the fact that you're doing something incredibly subpar that triggers my autism
>>
>>30067528
Skarmory, Chansey, and Azumaril would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>30066419
List of "complexity" that ruined Pokemon:

>natures
>abilities
>EV spreads instead of simple stat exp
>hidden abilities
>even higher IV range

Remove those, GF. Make Pokemon fun again.
>>
>>30068535
I think all those things help making each pokemon different from the other. Like genes, you can hardly find two exactly similar pokemon.
Unfortunately, injecting and obsessive breeding kinda ruined these differences.
>>
>>30068301
Either ridiculously minmaxed or effectively have more base stats due to niche ability/items.

Amoonguss, Breloom, Dugtrio and Clefable are better examples of the point you're trying to illustrate.
>>
File: shitmon.png (91KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
shitmon.png
91KB, 399x399px
>>30067528
>>
No,playing since emereald and i never give two fucks about competitive.
>>
>>30068989
Genetic difference shouldn't mean that a Ninetales is complete shit because it didn't get chainbred to know Moonblast, Snow Warning and be Modest or Timid nature.

I really wish that GF stopped with the chores, and I'm glad that SM didn't add any more like gen 2, 3 and 5 did.
>>
Well, in Gen 6 you could see EVs and use Super Training to change them quickly and easily, so I gave a fuck about them. Add to that based Nips wonder-trading powerful mons away because they "only" had 4 perfect IVs and I wound up with some impressive bullshit.

Now in Gen 7 Super Training is gone, I can't see my EVs anymore and training them is a chore again, so I'm back in See-No-Evil mode about them.
>>
>>30069709
>removed super training and visible EVs

for what fucking purpose? Why would they do this?
>>
>>30069760
Because too many competitive fags were assblasted about Normies getting an easy way into competitive play, I assume
>>
>>30069477
Well, no. It won't be shit. It simply won't be the best.
>>
>>30069709
>>30069760
No fucking way, this is fucking terrible.
Holy shit.
>>
>>30067367
How do you reset EVs in S/M?
>>
>>30071047
EV berries I guess
>>
>>30071005
>>30069760
>>30069709
If you pres Y on the status screen you can see your EVs you mongoloids
>>
>>30071360
I wouldn't know. I'm european.
But I'm glad you can still see your EV.
Still, I immagine the super training is gone, which is equally terrible.
>>
>>30066419
Literally me
>>
>>30066419
this is why i don't feel bad about save editing
>>
>>30066419
Kinda, yeah.
I used to love using special water Pokemon to plow through caves full of physical rock types.
I kinda wish bottle caps just allowed you to edit basically everything about a Pokemon. EVs, IVs, nature, ability, moves. Make them an unlimited resource, but difficult to obtain, and only work on level 100 Pokemon, but make it so you can really make your in game team competitively viable.
It feels weird to finish the game and say "welp, time to box you and breed a better version."
>>
>>30066419
EVs and IVs do nothing for me in-game, but I do admit that since I learned what natures do I can't help but catch wild mons again and again until I find one of the nature I deem good.

I know caring about natures in-game is stupid, but there's just something about a ninetales having its Atk higher than SpA because of its brave nature that drives me mad. Specially since all I plan to run on it is flamethrower and solar beam, both special in every single game.
>>
>>30066419
i don't have time to care about EVs and natures and shit for the single player
>>
>>30067528
eh, approaching fighting games without a competitive mindset is kinda pointless but i agree about other multiplayer games
>>
The postgame battle areas not only cheat but use those autistic stats so yes it kind of ruins it for me
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.