[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we laugh at everyone who thought this game would be badly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: SuMo.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
SuMo.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
ITT: we laugh at everyone who thought this game would be badly received

>absolutely killing it with reviewers
>on track to become the best selling 3DS game period
>game is actually good too

"b-blunder of the century, right guys?"
>>
idk, i'm enjoying this more than any game other than b2/w2

i think i finished and dropped xy/oras in the same amount of time i've put into moon and i don't feel close to dropping it at all

rip super training though, niggas at gf fucked up bigtime there
>>
Glad to hear, but I'm waiting for Switch and ..Stars..ew. How's the difficulty?
>>
Its reviews are completely average for a Pokemon game.
User reviews on the other hand look pretty bad actually.
>>
>>30062708
If you aren't prepared a lot of the Trials will fuck you up. All of them rely on a strategy that takes advantage of the fact that's it's 2v1. Also, the game is balanced around the EXP Share this time. I've been playing with it off and my team is super underleveled.

That said, it's not that challenging in general. Definitely more than X/Y and OR/AS though.
>>
Who thought it was gonna be a blunder besides /v/edditors?
>>
>>30062709
Most of the negative user reviews bitch about no gyms which is one of the best things about the game.
>>
>>30062709

> implying the people spamming 1 and 0 reviews aren't ass-obliterated pirates

Kek
>>
>>30062622
One step forward, 5 steps back.

This is the game freak constant M.O.

Add one feature everyone wanted.
Remove three features from the previous game everyone loved.
Remove one feature near made nearly essential in the previous game.
>>
>>30062790

List the critical features they removed
>>
>>30062622
i thought first island sucked but got much better afterwards
>>
>>30062822
DexNav
I can't live without it anymore
>>
>>30062790
This didn't stop people from loving past games. They've always pulled this shit. It's nothing new. And they always make up for it in some way.

The loss of Super Training really sucks, though.
>>
>>30062822

From X&Y to Sun and moon specifically?

Super training
Horde Encounters
Fishing Anywhere
Friend Safaris
Battle Tower
Mega evolution
Endless trainer battle restaurants (MUH ITS THERE!!!! it's once per day now fuck you)
The ability to use moves out of battle. (I know nobody wants HMs anymore but they dont even let you use teleport or dig anymore come on, and no more tree headbutts honey slathers sweet aromas or anything.)
Access to all the HM moves, even the good ones like surf.
Pokeradar

From the old games?
Music radio
Battle frontier
Dream world

I'm getting bored but, and I really like sun and moon but, anyone who thinks this was nothing but upgrades on the old games is literally deluded.

The upshot is that if they keep this 3D world build, then the next pokemon will get to readding some of those features. If pokemon becomes MUH GRAPHIX every game and just keeps changing all the models? the games will stay extra sparse like this for a while
>>
>>30063049
>HM moves removed
>he lists one of the 3 HMs that got converted into TMs
>mega evolution
>removed
>>
>>30063082
Haha bro show me your mega evolved pokemon in game right now!

>uhhh it'll be c-coming s-sometime in 2017...
>>
>Super training
This one is unfortunate.
>Horde Encounters
Are removed because the game literally can't handle them. When they get their shit together and hire decent programmers, they'll be back.
>Fishing Anywhere
This doesn't count as removing a feature. They tweaked how it works. You can still fish.
>Friend Safaris
Were pretty cool, shame they're gone.
>Battle Tower
It's there. It's just different now.
>Mega Evolution
???
>Battle Restaurants
Again, they're not removed, just tweaked.
>The ability to use moves out of battle
Weird thing to remove, I agree.
>Access to all the HM moves, even the good ones like surf
They're still in there as TMs, dude.
>Pokeradar
Replaced by an arguably better mechanic t b h
>>
>>30063049
Some other removed features:
Challenge mode/easy mode
Bike for fast movement without holding a button
Secret base
>>
>>30063110
Red gives you the mega stones for the kanto starters after you beat him in the battle tree, dexio also gives you alakazam's megastone, you can buy the rest with BP
>>
>>30063117
>Tweaked
>literally gutted and a shadow of the feature that was introduced in the first place
>just because a feature is indefinitely inaccessible and completely unusable doesn't mean it's removed!!!
>You can still fish... sometimes in some areas and only if gamefreak remembered to put a fish hole there....

Man, its fine to admit they removed features for no reason, nobodies saying you have to dislike the game because of it, but theres no way to defend the obvious truth. They devoted all their money into the new game appearance and a lot of features suffered.

>>30063163
Secret bases arn't critical features, theres a lot of random normal features I could add to that list, also... you can ride the pokemon instead of the bike for that free speed boost.
>>
>>30062790
>One step forward, 5 steps back.
>This is the game freak constant M.O.
This. The design for online functions in this game are so shit compared to last gen's. How does gamefreak fuck up something so basic? There was literally no need to remove the P.S.S. system.
>>
>>30063110
>he doesn't inject the stones
kek
>>
>>30063163
I really miss secret bases, I know it isn't game making or anything but I really enjoyed that feature
>>
>>30062752
There's also a shit ton of bad reviews on Amazon that are merely bitching about the game arriving late.
>>
>>30063110
I don't understand. You can buy Mega Stones with BP and there are numerous Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in Sun and Moon. Am I missing something?
>>
>>30063214
Those people are what we refer to as undesirables since they cannot understand the difference between a product review and a shipping complaint.
>>
>>30062864
I know its not the smae but there's island scan now i managed to get cyndiquil from it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.