[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>killed totem salazzle in one hit y-yeah guys, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4

File: 1398127096221.jpg (59KB, 645x782px) Image search: [Google]
1398127096221.jpg
59KB, 645x782px
>killed totem salazzle in one hit

y-yeah guys, this game is hard. r-right
>>
>>30057881
>pokemon games being hard
>ever
>>
>>30057890
At least the first few Gens didn't treat you like a toddler.

>rivals are now best friends who'll suck you off if you're feeling down
>get free Ultra Balls before you even take on the first trial (that'd be like getting free Ultra Balls before taking on Brock)
>Pokedex shows you where to go by placing a flag at your destination
>Shows you which moves are not very/regular/super effective
>Screen narrows when approaching a trainer you haven't battled yet
>get free shit just for pressing the A button in the Festival Plaza
>for the 2nd goddamn Gen in a row, EXP Share is opt-out instead of opt-in
>Pokedex shows you how many evolutions a Pokemon has before you even catch them (Isn't the point of the Pokedex to find out information along the way? Why the fuck is it acting like a pre-determined collection album that I'm supposed to just fill out for shits and giggles?)

Seriously, I'm having a decent amount of fun so far, but this handholding bullshit has got to stop.
>>
Another Wojak thread?
>>
totem lurantis fucked me good

synthesis + castform ally sunny day + solar blade
>>
>>30058030
True, but it's not like the first few gens were hard anyway.

All of the games do have some hand-holding though.
>>
>>30057890
heart gold was hard because of level gap... i dont use ingame items ever, use set mode and don't like grinding much... dragon gym and lance was hard because of it.
>>
I found Salazzle really hard since I had nothing that beats it
>>
>>30058068
Someone should make a script that lets people filter threads by op image.
>>
>>30057881
i'm just waiting for a romhack,, only thing challenging are some of the totems
>>
>>30057881
Totems can be easy as shit if you have coverage
Even then you may get fucked over

They do make mono runs feel like hell though
>>
>>30058030

I agree with everything but the Ultra Ball comment.

After those first 10 you dont get anymore until you can buy them considerably later. So you have to decide if the poke is worth it or not.

ain other games, as soon as you can get ultra balls, you just buy 99 and dont worry about it ever again.
>>
I caught Wishiwashi and used it here, so yeah, it was easy because of that.

Lurantis tore me a new one, though.
>>
Just beat Lurantis and I've had a pretty fun time with all the totems so far.

It seems like if you don't instantly one shot them with a super effective move (and the game gives you plenty of options to do so if that's what you want) they make for good fights. Generally if they get a turn or two to summon help things get interesting (I thought Lurantis would be a cakewalk with Torracat, but it summoned a Trumbeak that used Supersonic confusion hax to make me miss two turns and get whittled to death. Pelipper Air Cutter had to save the day in the end).
>>
>Mudbray used Bulldoze!
If they plan on making a mid gen Alola title, I hope they realize that making totem pokemon with quad weaknesses don't work. Some random NPC hands you Fairium Z right before facing that Dragon trial. I wonder how this is going to turn out?
>>
>4 hours in, and pokes are barely level 16 because of all the cutscenes
>hand holding, free items given up the ass, mandatory tutorials, etc.
>Ilima is a man
>does not feel like a Pokemon game at all

Can we all agree that this is easily the worst generation by far?
>>
>>30059410
I'd say extremely early access to nest balls would be the thing.
They come so early that you can easily use them for optimal effect during your adventure instead of something only useful for when you're backtracking.
>>
File: 1478889500980.png (129KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1478889500980.png
129KB, 600x635px
>>30058030
DELETE THIS
CASUALIZATION IS JUST A /vp/ MEME
>>
>Big scary Wishiwashi fight
>Lapras shits itself

WISHIWASHI USED GROWL
WISHIWASHI USED WATER GUN
WISHIWASHI USED SOAK SO NOW YOU RESIST WATER GUN

Bravo.
>>
>>30057881
What the fuck?
It took me like 3 attempts to beat that fucker, none of my Pokemon had any moves to counter it except Crabrawler, and all of them were about or just over Level 20 with no Exp. Share either.
>>
>>30061003

Well, what does 'feel like a Pokemon game' here, given that every generation is bitched about in some way or another?

Nothing feels like anything, seems it.
>>
>>30057881
>another wojack shitpost thread made by /v/ermin
>>
>>30058030
Except for the fact that most of that isn't hand-holding, it's mostly just Quality of Life additions.
>>
>>30061003
>Ilima is a man
Just fuck off anon.
>>
>>30059355
Mudbray absolutely obliterates it. Bulldoze OHKOs it
>>
>>30061206
But he is???
>>
>>30058030
>1.
Past games like gen 3, and 6 already did that.
>3.
Past gens did by marking the region map, it's basically the same thing.
>8.
But it's pointless for most of the Pokemon to be left unknown though, given that most of them and their evolutions were already revealed in trailers and reveals.
>>
>>30057881

you must train much on route 1

fuck you, I saw many gameplays and people had problems with totems, not always but many are cancerous and hard
>>
>>30061017
You're wrong.
>>
>Turn off exp share
>Set battle style to set
>Don't import anything with good natures and max ivs (you know who you are)
>Don't train a mudbray
Congrats, the game is slightly challenging (as in you can't one shot through everything without thinking) now. The game was never going to be hard, Red and Blue were only hard because you were a retarded child playing them
>>
>>30057881
I got fucked by the Lurantis because of the castforms he would call in, synthesis, and I didn't have very good pokemon at the time stat wise besides my sex seal, but I couldn't send that out since it would get one shot by SOLAR BLADE

Vikavolt and Mimikyu were challenging but I beat them in one try. I'm no casul but I'm loving this shit so far and I'm pretty excited to try a monotype run.
>>
>>30058030

First few gens weren't hard at all, fuck off nostalgia fag.

Beat them as a little kid, with absolutely no trouble.
>>
>>30062833
>I'm pretty excited to try a monotype run.

Monotype runs look like they'll be a challenge in this, which I dig. Nuzlockes also have the potential to be crazy.
>>
I got fucked by wishiwashi fucking hell, tanky as fuck

And called a fucking alomomola with healpulse fucking SHIT
>>
>>30062803
Red and Blue was never hard, even as a retarded child, except maybe at the Elite 4 where all of your opponent's are more than 10 levels higher than you because you were that one kid who thought having a 6-man team was the "correct" way to play.
>>
>>30058091
Crap... I'm running a water team... that's gonna be painful...
>>
Lurantis was such a pain the ass, even if I were using trumbeak
>>
>>30058030
That sounds like autism.

Someone obviously didn't suffer through the slow bullshit of gen 1.
>>
>>30058030
>Isn't the point of the Pokedex to find out information along the way? Why the fuck is it acting like a pre-determined collection album that I'm supposed to just fill out for shits and giggles?)
It literally is you spending retard. Du you think you wereally discovering new pokemon or something you aren't exploring some uncharted territory your going and seeing things that people have already seen?
>>
>>30062865
I once did an ice run in gen IV, I think it was platinum. I remember Maylene being hell because of what I thought was Mach Punch but I guess it wasn't. I still had to send over a stone to evolve snorunt into froslass though because I'm bad. Totems and the new alola form ice pokemon kinda make me wanna try it again because I'm a sucker for ice.

I don't think I could try a Nuzlocke in this game. I just beat the ghost totem and they're getting pretty goddamn gnarly. I don't have the most optimized team ever but I'm still gettin' pushed pretty hard.

Overall I'm happy about totem pokemon so far. Wild pokemon almost always calling their asshole friend over though is getting pretty annoying but that's just me.
>>
Difficulty hack w/ stronger Totems and Z-Moves + Nuzlocke rules + No Exp. Share + Set mode.
How long will you last?
>>
>>30059366
That already exists, newfag.
>>
>>30062803
Sun and Moon is fucking impossible you asshole
>>
>>30061057
>Catch your own Wishiwashi
>Level it a couple of times to be equal level with the totem
>The totem can't even touch you while your Wishiwashi despite being 2v1 with a stat buff while your Wishiwashi has Feint Attack, Aqua Veil, Brine and fucking Scald TM to completely wreck it despite being the same level
>And you can even catch a Paras or Poliwag nearby and be completely immune

I can't understand how anyone can consider the game difficult. You fight against something close to the shittiest Wishiwashi imaginable.
>>
Kinda feels bad that I've had such little problem. I know it because I keep on EXP Share and Switch battle mode, but I've heard it was supposed to be hard anyway. I swept almost the entire water trial stuff with just Magnemite, Wishiwashi didn't even summon Alomomola, just the smaller one. I'm definitely way overleveled, by complete accident.
>>
File: ribombee_by_alexalan-dah3v8m.png (103KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee_by_alexalan-dah3v8m.png
103KB, 600x607px
Lurantis was too easy with this girl.
>>
>>30063167
Not long. Every random encounter even without difficulty hack is
>Call for help
>Call for help
>Repeat x 100
>>
>>30057881

I just finished trial 2 last night. After all the threads about Totem Wishiwashi I was worried but by Datrix tore right through him.

Hell, the Luvdisc that he called over lasted longer. I think people are just shit at this game. While I agree that the difficulty is a bit higher but it's not that much of a leap
>>
>>30063521
>Luvdisc
But that's the preevo
>>
The game IS hard
It's just that Salazzle is shit
>>
>>30059355
I Z-Screeched at it with Persian and then used Thief for a OHKO. Screech in general has been really helpful with Totems.
>>
>>30063344
the more i hear about her, more she sounds like best girl
>>
>>30063521
totem difficulty is very dependent on your team composition.

That said, if the grass totem is still steamroll-tier for you then you have the right to call everyone else shit.
>>
People fighting totem wishiwashi or using exp-share and switch.
>This game is too easy.

People using set and not over-training and suffering the calls for help while trying to level up anything new
>Fuck I hate this game.
>>
>>30063931
Hey man, I was told it was supposed to be hard regardless.
>>
>>30063492
>calls for help
>help doesn't come
fucking kek
>>
>>30062803
Granted it was almost long ago, so I could just be misremembering, but the only difficulty I remember having in Red/Blue was navigating. I remember being stuck for days in the Seafoam Cave, and navigating the Rock Tunnel without flash. But as far as battling is concerned I don't remember ever having problems. Don't get why so many people think it was hard.
>>
>>30064201
>Was going to say it was almost 20 years ago
>Realize I didn't actually play it in late 90s but on 2001 or some shit, correct to "long ago"
>Forget to check if the sentence still makes sense
Kill me
>>
>>30064201
>tfw took me over a month to find Surf and the Card Key in gen1
>>
>>30063931
I'm playing on set but with the EXP share on since people said it was balanced in this game. So far, most of the battles have been easy but a few of the totems and the kahuna's have been a bit tricky.
>>
>>30057881
yeah, I like overleveling my guys too
>>
>>30064250
It's hard not to overlevel mang. I don't wanna run from every wild battle and only fight trainers. And I keep on EXP Share because the game just gives it to you.
>>
>>30063344
I don't like this thing anymore.

>outsped by Lusamine's Lilligant
>hurt itself in confusion
>hurt itself in confusion
>fully paralyzed
>fully paralyzed
>fully paralyzed
>faint

It doesn't even have a negative speed nature, why is this thing so shit now?
>>
>>30064301
Don't use the exp share
>>
>>30057881
Salazzle is a glass cannon. That Lurantis battle sure fucked me up though.
>>
>>30064493
There's a mechanic where if the opposing pokemon has a higher speed than yours, it will attack first
>>
>>30064590
This thing is supposed to have a base speed of 124, Lilligant has 90. This thing keeps losing to things in the 70s to 80s too. It's really pissing me off.
>>
>>30064590
Reporting you.

C'mon man, don't be a dick.
>>
Literally all you have to do to make the game fun is turn off experience share. I turned off experience share pretty much immediately and the game has been time consuming, fun, and challenging. You're probably bitching because your Pokemon were level 30 before you even left the second island.
>>
>>30064633
Her entire team got the totem boost if I remember correctly
>>
>>30058030
You're no longer given a pokedex by Professor "Get Out So I Can Lay Pipe On Your Mom" Oak in order to fill it up with unknown Pokemon

You're just some cunt going on an adventure and the pokedex is an ENCYCLOPAEDIA for you to read up on your new bros.
>>
>>30064651
Announcing your reports are against the rules.
>>
>>30064651
>reporting someone
>because they patronized someone else
Holy shit

Either you just started using the Internet or this is one of the lowest effort bait I have ever seen
>>
>>30057881

>some people find some Totemons easier than other

HOLY SHIT, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!?!?. ITS NOT LIKE THERE ARE OVER 250 POKEMON THAT YOU CAN CATCH IN THE ALOLA DEX, BECAUSE YOU KNOW, EVERYONE IS FORCED TO USE THE EXACT SAME SIX MONS, AMIRITE?!?!?!?
>>
Difficulty is entirely based on your team composition. Of course it's going to be easy if you have the exact counter for whatever the game throws at you.
>>
File: 1438530758527.jpg (87KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438530758527.jpg
87KB, 582x600px
>>30057881
>Totem Wishiwashi
>Hit it with Spark from Charjabug
>Paralyze on first hit while junking it for ~40% of its life
>It summons another wishiwashi that dies on the first Spark shot
>Hit the Totem with 2 more Sparks as its paralyzed each turn
>Trial over
>>
>>30057881
I can recall everyone on /vp/ saying Totem Wishiwashi is a tough fight, and then I fucking curb stomped it. In that moment I realized that everyone on this board is retarded and every Pokémon is just as easy as the last, no exceptions.
>>
What was Vikavolt supposed to do? It just spammed Charge the whole battle for me.
>>
>>30065431

i admit that i got EXP share on

but i havent swapped between more than 3 pokemon (Dartrix/Grimer/Charjabug). the other 3 in my party might as well not be there, ive never used them

even limiting myself to 3 pokemon, does EXP share really make the game this easy? i guess ill turn it off here on out
>>
>>30065478
It doesn't matter because it has no special moves to abuse Charjabug's Battery
>>
Obviously, depending on your team some totems can be difficult to deal with especially if you have a rotating party to avoid over-levelling.

If you don't have decent enough type coverage, some of them can be a proper pain. There's still no proper "challenge" but it's a lot better than Gen VI
>>
Not gonna lie Salazzle and her little fucktoy Salandit beat me once with the poison + Venoshock combo.
>>
>>30065431
Did it summon Alomomola when you fight it?
Because that's what made it a bit harder.
Same goes for Totem Lurantis calling Castform.
None of this is really hard, at least not if your team has coverage. But it is harder than gen VI, and if you're doing a monotype run or just running whatever you want without worrying about countering everything a few totem battles can fuck you up.
>>
Just fought Salazzle. Wiped out my highly weakened Crabrawler without it attacking, Torracat, abut it was finished by Gumshoos. It got wiped out as well, but that's all. I was caught off guard by the consecutive fights, but that's all. Was certainly the most dangerous so far.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.