[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how are your Nuzlockes going dear friends? Any horror stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 031.png (578KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
031.png
578KB, 1280x720px
So how are your Nuzlockes going dear friends? Any horror stories? Any miraclous recoveries?

My friend told me how fucking wrecked an E-Celeb got and I couldn't stop laughing because that retard lost only because he underestimated a Smeargle and bet SAND ATTACKS rather than just tackling his opponent. Even if it was an act, his salt was delicious.
>>
To be fair Ilma's fucking Technician Smeargle is basically built from the ground up to kill your starter. He's sort of a bitch if you don't know he's coming.
I beat him but I lost my Litten to it
>>
>>30054833
The thing is that if you look at his Yungooses damage when it does get a tackle off, he could have survived if he hadn't decided to bet on MISSES over damage.
>>
I had been doing super well until I got off the boat from the Aether foundation and then Hau swept my entire team with his god damn alolan raichu thanks to some well timed crits

I never had problems with totems due to grimer and just poison/stall but man for whatever reason surfboard rat just fucked my shit up
>>
>>30054888
Oh I don't know whatever poketuber you're talking about and I'm not trying to defend him. Just saying that I too know the pain of losing valuable mons to that Smeargle cunt
>>
>>30054966
It's because it'll always have Psychic do to that new Level - Learn moves. Off it's special attack and at that point in the game unless you brought a Special Defensive Tank it'll run train on you.

It'll also make fighting Excadrill into an ordeal because they'll ALWAYS FUCKING HAVE HORN DRILL
>>
File: Capture.png (396KB, 599x743px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
396KB, 599x743px
HELP
>>
>>30055437
WELCOME TO DIE
>>
>>30055437
IT'S YA BOI GUZMA! I'm here to ruin game runs feel me?
>>
>>30055437
>Guzma
>Masquerain

So much for being a villain
>>
10 hours in still in the cut scene tutorial lmfao nice game
>>
>>30054998
3:59:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JOSjPVkLMw
>>
>>30055487
Golisopod killed the rest of my team after oricorio missed with air slash and let him SD
>>
Question for those using Festival to get stuff like lotto draws or the store. I just got a Kitchen shop added which has three meals/day that add one level to any pokemon level 29 or lower. Would you take advantage of this or would this be considered too much cheating? Never ran into a nuzlocke run that had this sort of thing outside of rare candies.
>>
>>30055437
WE'RE WE AT?!
YEAH, YEA, -SKULL-
>>
>>30055547
Wouldn't use the Festival for Nuzlocke. Too much RNG, though you can just camp it forever till you hit rank 60 and had 5* shops galore to abuse the fuck out of.
>>
File: 1365027416176.jpg (2MB, 2976x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1365027416176.jpg
2MB, 2976x2016px
Oy pricks, anyone got any clean sprites/images for Nuzlocke runs with the new Pokemon?

Google gods are failing me. Maybe I'm just retarded.

Help a nigga out.
>>
>>30055523
Fucking Smergle. This is why you grind if you are ever unsure of yourself.
>>
>>30055437
>Ratarded
10/10 name
>>
So what do you guys think about SOS battles? I think they're a double edged sword. Good for grinding but it becomes a 2v1 that could wear your pokemon down fast. Lost a cutiefly to two digletts metal clawing it to death in a row.
>>
>>30055523
I was in the stream for that. He ends up trying again with Sun and is doing much better with it.

Still came close to losing mons on that Smeargle though, despite being a little better prepared, but it made for a pretty dramatic moment when he succeeded.
>>
>>30056028
That's what I'm curious about in terms of Nuzlocking.

How do we feel about SOS battles? If a Pokemon summons another Pokemon are we allowed to pick like we were for Double Battles in Gen 4/5/6 or do we have to stick with the first one sent out?

Is it cheating to try and lure out something rare?
>>
>>30056195
Honestly I say it's fine because if you sit there and try and lure something out, you're basically running a higher risk of losing a mon as your team and resources get worn down (unless you really overlevel yourself). So I feel it's a fair risk/reward exchange.
>>
>>30056195
Looking at most SOS tables most don't have anything else besides copies of itself. However if you find a Bagon (1% first encounter rate) and wait for Salamence to show up (1% call chance) then count your lucky stars. Just hope you survive the wait.
Also agree what >>30056246 said. It's good for multiple things but the longer you stay the more risk you run of losing a mon. Like the mechanic. It makes for surprises in any given wild battle.
>>
>Oh cool my first catch for this route is Salandit
>Dragon Rage

I named him Tang, because that was the taste in my mouth when he killed my Persian.
>>
>>30054804
Ive lost 4 Pokémon this hasn't happened since my first nuzlock both of my friends dropped nuzlock after losing all the Pokémon they caught.
>>
While Sun and Moon are fairly difficult compared to main-line games, all the people saying "impossible to nuzlocke" are idiots. The only major trouble I've had so far was Totem Vikavolt and Totem Lurantis.
Pic related is my team after just getting Sharpedo. Training up Toucannon since Fearow died. Only other death I had was a Ghastly
>>
>>30056717
And I forget my picture.
>>
>>30054804
So sun and moon have really frequent area changes and its kind of easy to get a stock load of pokemon.

Has anyone been doing a route only catch? Its a bit limited to what pokemon you will get, but im not sure how to decrease the amount you can catch while keeping the pool diverse
>>
>>30057076
Play by the ONLY 1 PER SPECIES rule

Only new Pokemon you encounter count when entering a new Route, and if the member of that species you caught dies, you lose out entirely on that species for the run.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.