[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How tough are Sun and Moon? Do you need strategy or can you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1477246790406.png (66KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477246790406.png
66KB, 400x240px
How tough are Sun and Moon?

Do you need strategy or can you just use brute force all the way through?
>>
You'll need a well-rounded team to handle the jankier Totems more easily, even with EXP Share.
>>
>>30054600
Or you can abuse Pokemon Refresh for those extra Crits, Dodges and Free Focus Sashes
>>
it's one of the more difficult Pokemon games imo

play without EXP share fo rmaximum assrape
>>
>>30054639
That'll only take you so far, though.
>>
>>30054550
Literally one hit kill: the game.
>>
File: WHAT.jpg (13KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.jpg
13KB, 250x211px
even with exp share on, this game is brutal. i'm stuck at totem lurantis, despite my (female) salandit having good sp. atk and the fire z-stone. 1 z move does about a quarter of it's health, and then it just summons castform and spams solar blade
>>
My team so far

Decidueye

Wishiwashi

Salazzle

Lycanrok (Sun)

What else should there be?
>>
>>30054721
wimpgod
>>
i am doing a mono bug run with exp share on and its sort of hard
>>
>>30054795
Have you had the pleasure of experiencing the third trial yet?
>>
>>30054767
are you being serious?
>>
>>30054815

no just made it to the second island. from how hard it is now i can guess it will get a lot harder when im at a type disadvantage
>>
>>30054849
yes
>>
>have trouble with some of the Totems and Kahunas, but usually get it on my second try
>suddenly near the end of the second island, my team is on par with most wild Pokémon and most NPCs outlevel me
>Hau, who has never given me trouble up until this point, obliterates my entire team with just Raichu's Psychic
Shit. I was expecting this game to be like X/Y difficulty wise, so I turned the EXP share off and set the battle style to Set, and now I'm getting more than I bargained for. I like it.

It seems like they really learned from Gen VI about difficulty, since it uses the B/W experience formula to keep you from getting overleveled, and there's no overabundance of gift Pokémon like X/Y (here's a starter, here's another, here's a fossil, here's a Lucario, here's a Lapras!). You actually have to go out and catch things.
>>
Okay:

Decidueye

Wishiwashi

Wimpod

Salazzle

Lycanrok (Sun)

What should the last one be
>>
>>30054550
The most or second most difficult mainline games. BW challenge mode is the only real contender.

For a number of reasons, some good and some bad, but there are points where teams pull out some crazy shit and some totems are ridiculous. The hacks are going to be nuts.

EXP curve means you can't just grossly overlevel everything and they really took advantage of that.
>>
>>30054550
much more challenging than Gen VI imo

best advice is to get a magnemite before the first trial, in the marina era where you first meet the Skull grunts, having an early steel type is going to be a life saver through most of the game.
>>
>>30055041
This good:

Decidueye

Wishiwashi

Wimpod

Salazzle

Lycanrok (Sun)

Magnezone

This good?
>>
>>30054550
You have to actually not play like a retard
>>
>>30054697
My ash-greninja saved me.
>>
>>30055041
>playing at same time as a few friends
>heard game was hard, so turn off EXP share, put on set mode, largely ignore Refresh for maximum fun
>decide "I'm going to level this Caterpie into a Butterfree so I have some early game insurance"
>everyone tries to convince me that I am wasting my time because it is shit late game
>mfw everyone else struggles through Hala-at-ya-boi, while Butterfree sweeps the fuck out of his entire team at level 14 because fighting vs bug/flying
>>
File: ya boi.png (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ya boi.png
110KB, 1000x1000px
>>30055238
That is to say, I had no face.
>>
>>30054550
it's been much better than expected regarding difficulty so far
like, I'm actually surprised
>>
Not hard at all, if I'm completely honest.
However; it WILL be hard to nuzlocke. Z-moves as well as some totem pokemon will fuck you over. Little doubt in my mind that a proper Rom Hack will make these one of the hardest games to nuzlocke.
>>
>>30055238
Butterfree is solid for the first half of the game for Compound-eyes Sleep Powder alone.
>>
>>30054697
I had the same problem. Hopefully you still have Smog so use that if you do and hope for a poison. I spent for ever trying to beat it and only with poison would I get close. Also if Castform comes out, just soft reset and try again. There's no beating that Sunny Day - Synthesis combo
>>
When does the game get hard? I've been killin' it solo with Rowlet and I just made it through route and he's already almost three times the level of everything around me
>>
>>30054550
A few difficulty spikes without EXP share, but I never blacked out or anything. Just use boosting items if you're in trouble, they're actually useful now that they raise your stats by two stages.
>>
>>30055568
>I just made it through route
?
>>
>>30055367
Ths game is a Nuzlocke nightmare.
>>
>>30054697
Wait until the Castform Sunny Days and then use the z move
>>
There have been a couple of "oh shit I haven't saved in a while and this battle is looking kind of iffy" moments, but I haven;t lost yet.
>>
>>30054897
Good luck dude.
Catch a dewpider
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.