[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth the $40? Overhyped? Better than XY? Better than B2W2? Too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 17

File: 37af28c9d6a245e98aced39a6d7067a8.jpg (336KB, 1412x1536px) Image search: [Google]
37af28c9d6a245e98aced39a6d7067a8.jpg
336KB, 1412x1536px
Worth the $40?
Overhyped?
Better than XY?
Better than B2W2?
Too many cutscenes? Not enough?
Wait for Stars instead?

post anything
>>
>>30049129
I got an adamant cat and this game is great.
>>
pee on me lillie
>>
>>30049129
>basing your decisions on veepee's terrible opinons

What a fucking cûck
>>
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Varying opinions
Yes if 3rd version, no if sequel
>>
Needed more cute scenes of you bonding with your starter and you're forced to keep it like in Yellow
>>
Paid $15 for mine thank god for Gamestop Trade Ins I would never wanna pay $40 for a game $40 is something for an art project
>>
It was the right amount of hype.
The new features are great, not having to lug around HM mons was a huge plus.
Infinitely better than X and Y.
Can't say because I haven't played BW2.
Yes, but not that bad.
>>
>>30049129
Yes.
No. Not on /vp/, at least.
Yes. God, yes. Do yourself a favor.
Uh. I don't mind them. I wish my character had expression in their eyes, though.
I wouldn't, but I've always played every game...
>>
>>30049169
>cûck

BUILD
>>
Wtf is stars
>>
>>30049129
Yes
Not really
Certainly
By a lot, yes
Too many tbqh
Maybe
>>
>>30049129
Yep
Not as much as B/W
Definitely
Maybe
It's not Colosseum or Gale of Darkness so yeah, cutscenes were fine.
If Stars is ever confirmed sure.
>>
>Worth the $40?
yes

>Overhyped?
I wasn't as hyped for this one as I was X and Y and in hindsight I'm completely thankful for that

Better than XY?

much

was a much needed breath of fresh air that didn't play itself

>Better than B2W2?

only games in the series I haven't played

>Too many cutscenes? Not enough?

It worked for what they were going for

my only gripe is the game felt a bit smaller cause of the islands thing, that and I reached the credits about 10 hours earlier than I usually do in pokemon games
>>
It was certainly charming leap, but they still gotta iron some issues out. Both Teams are infinitely better than Team Flare.
>>
>>30049129
Yes
A little
Yes, way fucking better
Let's not get crazy now
A few too many on the last island
Only cucks wait for the third game.
>>
>>30049129
Yes to literally all of those questions.
>>
>>30049129

Yes
I didn't overhype them, I was actually pretty pessimistic.
Yes, way better than X/Y
For the first 30 minutes or so it is infuriating.
If Stars is real.
>>
>>30049952
Switch edition of SuMo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

Expect better Graphics and bonus content
>>
File: IMG_2319.png (191KB, 959x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2319.png
191KB, 959x513px
>>30049129
>Yes
>YES
>Yes
>Yes
>Too fucking many
>Fuck no
>>
>>30049129
Yes.
A little bit, but I'm not too disappointed.
Yes.
God, yes.
If you rush from checkpoint to checkpoint it might seem like a lot.
If you want.

I'm enjoying it, don't let /vp/'s autism color your opinion.
>>
>>30050236
Oh, and I guess I'd rate it better than BW2.
>>
>Worth the $40?
Easily.
>Overhyped?
I don't think so. All the advertising and leaks led me to believe the game would be fun and lighthearted, which it is.
>Better than XY?
Pretty much anything is.
>Better than B2W2?
With Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, the Battle Tree, Battle Royale, and a pretty good story, it stands even with BW/BW2 to me.
Too many at the beginning. The first hour or two is kinda slow, but the pacing gets better once you hit Akala.
>Wait for Stars instead?
I can see areas for improvement, but it's been far too long since we've had a game this good.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Ehhh
>Better than XY?
A lot better
>Better than B2W2?
Yes in a two steps forward one step back kind of way
They could have condensed a lot of cut scenes from 3-4+ into 1 slightly longer one, a 15 second cutscene every 2 minutes is worse than a 2 minute one every 10 minutes.
>Wait for Stars instead?
Nah
>>
>>30049129
It's a very fun romp, and if you're into nuzlocke challenges it can be really challenging due to the presence of Z moves.
Solid OST
Most characters are fun and fleshed out
The new forms and mons are all fun and interesting, barring maybe diglet/dugtrio, I don't really see their appeal besides beign able to name them Beach boys
-Can be very handholdy, especially in the beginning.
-While it's nice there's more focus on story and character chatter, there are areas where it can get annoying how often you're pulled from the game to do these events.
>>
>>30049129
yes
yes
yes
no
yes
?
>>
>>30049129
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Enough
If you want
>>
>>30049129
eh
yes
yes
no
too many
yes
>>
I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 4 as I just got burned out after that. Should I play Gen 5 and 6, or can I skip to Sun/Moon?
>>
>>30049129
I'm having fun. I never played B2W2 but I heard it was the bee's tits. That being said, this might be my new favorite generation.
>>
>>30049129
no
yes
yes
no, wtf
yes
i don't know
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40

Yep, in SuMo the campaign is +10 hrs and you have online, there are triple A games with much less value than that at full price.
>>
>>30049129
>Yes
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Yes, early on at least
>If you confidently believe in it, yes, but otherwise no
>>
>>30049129
>Tfw replaying BW
>Cutscenes every town
>Characters with personality
>Linear as fuck

Now that I think about it, SuMo is rather similar to BW. I fucking love them both.
>>
So will my Eevee evolve into Umbreon during the day when the moon is out, or at night when the sun is out?
>>
>>30050407
pls respond
>>
The cutscenes are murder. I just wanna play my fucking game. The 3DS is so far behind in technology that it's a waste of time.

Also, along with XY and ORAS, the lag in this game is so fucking annoying. The hardware isn't powerful enough for the game, and it really shows.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Always
>Better than XY?
Yes
>Better than B2W2?
Maybe, need some time to decide that.
First and Last island are full of them.
>Wait for Stars instead?
Just like Z right?
>>
>>30050671
I really doubt it has anything to do with the hardware. GF simply has no idea how to optimize their games.
>>
>>30050635
When the moon is out
>>
>>30049129
Yep.
I'm enjoying it and that's what matters.
Yeah. I will miss a lot of things from XY like friend safari and horde though.
I barely played BW2 past storymode so I cant really say.
I dont mind the cutscenes, just wish they were skippable.
I don't really want a switch.
>>
>>30050407
Emulate 5 and buy 7
>>
>>30050407
Just skip to SM, the only thing worth anything in Gen 5 and 6 is B2W2, but if you're inpatient then just skip that too.
>>
>>30049129
I don't think the amount of cutscenes is the problem, I think the problem is the content of most cutscenes is tutorial stuff. GF needs to add a "I know this shit" option
>>
File: fug.jpg (38KB, 477x599px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
38KB, 477x599px
>[pokemon] called for help!
>one-shot the replacement
Holy SHIT I just want to catch a random shitmon, go fuck yourself.
This is honest to god the worst battle mechanic of the last four generations.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Probably. I'm still enjoying it.
>Better than XY?
Yes but that's not saying much.
>Better than B2W2?
Yes but that's not saying much.
They're almost unbearable. I realize some new things are being done with the formula here but we don't need it shoved down our throats. I just mash A through all of the dialogue because the characters are so uninteresting.
>Wait for Stars instead?
It's not happening.
>>
>>30050668
If you're into competitive battling then go for SM, if you just want the best game overall go for one of the games from Gen 5.
>>
>>30050407
Skip 5 entirely. Get X. Get AS if you care that much about megas and gen 3. Get Moon.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
maybe
>Overhyped?
most definitely
>Better than XY?
I think so
>Better than B2W2?
Not even close
Wayyy to many. Felt like I was watching a fucking anime instead of playing a game at some points
>Wait for Stars instead?
probably, yeah
>>
File: spongebob_steak.jpg (65KB, 452x402px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_steak.jpg
65KB, 452x402px
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Yes, just like nearly every other Pokemon game
>Better than XY?
By a landslide
>Better than B2W2?
No fucking way
Way too many early on, it gets better eventually
>Wait for Stars instead?
If it actually exists, sure
>>
Yeah
Probably, since they did reveal a lot
Yes
Nope
Not as much as people are claiming there are, but it is quite annoying to run into one without knowing
If it exists, than yes. Sun/Moon are great games, but they have a lot of problems that hold them back. Which can be rectified with a third version. Plus being on the Switch means performing a hell of a lot better
>>
>>30050867
do the opposite of what this fuckwit says, play Black2 or White2, skip XY and ORAS entirely, get Sun.
>>
>>30049129
No
Yes
No
No
Way too many
Yes
>>
>>30051661
Do the opposite of what this fuckwit says. Skip gen 5 entirely, play X, AS if you want, get Moon.
>>
Most well made pokemon game desu.
>>
>Worth the $40?
Yeah, the game itself would look a lot better if it wasnt for the 3DS's outdated hardware.
Framerate was a lot better than what I expected on the O3DS.
>Overhyped?
Slightly.
Most of the "over hyping" came from the dipshits who fell into the "POKEMON IS ENDING" bullshit.
>Better than XY?
Yes, but still as much hand holding and late tutorials.
>Better than B2W2?
No, B2W2 is the best Pokemon games to date right now.
I wouldn't mind the cutscenes if they had them more spread out and more like a reward for completing a task. Instead we walk a foot and CUTSCENE, then we walk to the left a couple of feet and CUTSCENE.
Surprised IGN didn't have "To many Cutscenes" as one of their complaints.
>Wait for Stars instead?
I'll buy Stars regardless.
>>
>>30050407
Play White 2.
>>
File: 1479017957118.jpg (264KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479017957118.jpg
264KB, 800x600px
>>30051661
>unovabortion
>>
>>30049129
Worth the $40?
>Overhyped?
Not on here
>Better than XY?
By miles
>Better than B2W2?
I think so, though it doesn't have that "third version" polish going for it
Too many to start, but it becomes pretty standard afterwards
>Wait for Stars instead?
Can't say yet.
>>
Probably
Probably
Probably
Yes
I think it's fine
If you want to
>>
>>30050407
>>30050759
>>
>>30049129
better than x and y but not BW2 the only games that top BW2 is HGSS
>>
File: cute64.png (155KB, 473x751px) Image search: [Google]
cute64.png
155KB, 473x751px
>>30049129

>Worth the $40?
I'm having fun, so yes for me.

>Overhyped?
Nah.

>Better than XY?
I honestly haven't even thought about comparing any of the games.

>Better than B2W2?
Same response as the previous.

I'm fine with the cutscenes.

>Wait for Stars instead?
Stars?
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Yes
>Better than XY?
Yes
>Better than B2W2?
No
Sorry, I wasn't counting. Seriously the idea of there being too many or too little cutscenes on something is stupid. Whether or not they do their job of conveying character and story is more important.
>Wait for Stars instead?
We don't even know what Stars will be. Don't act like a port is confirmed, it could be something else.
>>
I haven't played pokemon since blue | red. I always see bw2 as the recommended, what made it so good? Should I ply it or can I go straight to sun moon?0
>>
>>30052977
The problem with Gen V is that while BW2 is for the most part agreed to be very good, it's also a direct sequel of BW1, the whole experience comes from playing both. And BW1 is far more divisive, so it's hard to recommend.
I'd say play Sun/Moon then go back to HGSS, Platinum and BW, as they do hold up well. Won't be jarring go back to them from a more recent entry.
>>
>>30052977
It's not particularly bad but I still have no idea why everyone sucks it dick. Play it if you want but I definitely wouldn't choose it as "first pokemon since red/blue"

I'd say just go to sun/moon
>>
>>30049129
way too many fucking cutscenes.
>>
How the fuck do you wash Snorlax in the pokeanime thing? He's got dirt on his face but his face is on the top screen
>>
>>30049129
no
yes
about the same
about the same
yes
yes
>>
File: 1474179484650.gif (479KB, 455x340px) Image search: [Google]
1474179484650.gif
479KB, 455x340px
>>30049129
>39 minutes in and I'm finally at Route 1
So much for replay value. Hopefully there's a sharp drop off as far as game interruptions go. If not, then this is easily the worst Pokemon game yet. BW2 had some annoying interruptions, but after the 3rd badge they disappeared. Hopefully it will be the same with SM and not like fucking XY.
>>
Too many cutscenes on Melemele

Akala and Ula'Ula are great, coincidentally they also have the smallest Lillie presence
>>
>>30049129
Yes
Yes
Yes
No, not gameplay-wise. Maybe story-wise (not far enough yet).
No it's fine.
No don't bother waiting for one rumor.
>>
I've been enjoying it so far. Last thing I did was the fire trial
>>
>Spent the last 6 hours rerolling for a calm popplio
No, save your fucking money, fuck nintendo.
>>
>>30053611
>It's nintendo's fault you're autistic
wew lad
>>
>>30053463
it doesn't get better.
>>
>>30053634
Fuck off you apologist cuck. Not even him, but the first three fucking Gens you could conveniently save in front of your starter to reset for natures or stats or whatever. But then they had the bright idea in Gen IV to remove this simple convenience and squish the Pokemon selection into a long cutscene.

>>30053656
Seriously? The entire game is an annoying tutorial?
>>
>>30053579
My favorite trial so far, it got a good chuckle out of me.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
Was it even hyped up? People were kinda blase about SuMo for the most part after Gen VI
>Better than XY?
Easily
>Better than B2W2?
Maingame yes because B2W2's story is garbage. I don't know yet what SuMo's postgame is like though.
Honestly there's a lot but they don't bother me because the game lets you know when they're gonna happen.
>Wait for Stars instead?
That depends if it's even gonna happen.
>>
>>30053682
>Apologist cuck
wew
lad

>It's nintendo's fault you're autistic
>>
>>30053682
>Seriously? The entire game is an annoying tutorial?

No, just the first 2 hours, then after that only when something new (aka a new animal ride function) is introduced. Basically 90% of what is told to you is up to the first boss.
>>
>>30053747
Oh, cool. That doesn't sound too bad then. I hope you're not full of shit.

>>30053726
>it's autistic to hate poor game design
>>
>>30053780
>I can't save scum for hours and hours to get my perfect nature
>This is """poor""" game design
>>
>>30053780

Once you've beaten the first totem then the game still has a lot of cutscenes, but it stops telling you how to play the game.
>>
>>30049940
VOCABULARY
>>
>>30053811
That sounds pretty awful.

I mean, it would be perfectly fine if the characters or events in the story were cool or interesting, but if they're anything like XY or any other Pokemon game, the "characters" are just cardboard cutouts behind walls of text.

>>30053805
Sure is. Not sure what you're trying to imply here.
>>
Worst gen by far. You have to be legit autismo to think this was even remotely fun to play. Rather play black and white the rest of my life.
>>
>>30053780
Calling the complications in the use of a feature for something it was never intended to "poor game design" is pretty autistic. It's like crying because skiing on Starsiege: Tribes is too hard.
>>
>>30053879
Why are you on the Pokemon board if you so obviously hate the game.
>>
no to EVERYTHING
>>
>>30053907
It's a fucking monster collector/breeder. What if you wanted to do a shiny run or needed a certain nature or gender for breeding? Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
yes
yes
absolutely
im enjoying it about as much
too many cutscenes, but they arent as bad as people make them out to be. start of the game is kinda painful with how little control you get
just get s/m
>>
File: 14747846542468.jpg (474KB, 1052x1294px) Image search: [Google]
14747846542468.jpg
474KB, 1052x1294px
>>30053979
How fucking old are you, 14? 15? From reddit or deviantart? I'm here because I've always been here and I like Pokemon. Even if a game was bad, would you not want to talk about it? If you loved something and its most recent installment sucked, wouldn't you want to talk about it? Speculate on how it could be better or what went wrong and what might be in store for the future? Get back to the fucking Pokemon GO thread you retarded child.

That said, I haven't even played this game yet. But that was the worst most arduous beginning to any game ever made. Why the fuck are you running around doing fetch quests before you even get your first Pokemon? What the fuck? Who wrote this trash? I just hope it fucking gets better like that other anon said.
>>
am I remembering wrong or could you close the menu for most things by pressing X in X&Y? Now pressing X does something else and I keep having to press B like three times it's such a hassle
also they made EV training worse and I'm salty about that
>>
>>30050788
Every time an ally is called it has better IVs and has a higher chance to be a shiny
>>
>>30054079
Holy shit dude this is the most autistic thing I've seen all week.

I'm 23 and I played Red when I was 7 and every game subsequently. Just because someone doesn't blindly hate on the new game doesn't mean they only play go.
>>
>>30054370
Except I'm not blindly hating it, I pointed out an awful aspect and you are BLINDLY defending it.
>>
>>30054429
>I pointed out an awful aspect
You know people have opinions other than your own, right? That's a crucial part of reasoning.
>>
>>30054451
Except shoving the Pokemon selection into a long cutscene you can't skip being awful is not an opinion.
>>
>>30054491
No yea, it still is.
>>
>>30054505
>an inconvenience is good
(You)
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
I think so
>Overhyped?
They always are, but it's still a good game
>Better than XY?
yes, and I actually like XY, unlike a lot of people on /vp/
>Better than B2W2?
never played 'em
probably more than necessary, but it only seems like too many if you speedrun it like a retard
>Wait for Stars instead?
have fun waiting for a game that doesn't and won't ever exist

/thread
/board
/kys
>>
>>30054429
The only thing you pointed out is how you hate characters and story in a Pokémon game,. This is not objective fact, just your opinion.
>>
>>30054568
>Inconvenience
To who? Severely autistic people? If you care about competitive for some absurd reason you just hack shit in anyway or play showdown.
>>
better than gen 6
i'd put it on the same level as gen 5
gen 4 remains king
>>
File: fact.png (232KB, 1037x772px) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
232KB, 1037x772px
>>30054491
>>
Why the fuck people care about getting a good nature on the starter? Unless it's a cripplingly bad one, it doesn't matter, it's IVs are going to be shit anyway. You'll need to breed one for competitive play, and a neutral to good (but not optimal) nature is enough for the main game.
>>
>>30054590
>>30054593
>>30054642
I'm done responding. You are beyond retarded.

see: >>30054013
>>
File: file.png (64KB, 616x401px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
64KB, 616x401px
>>30054686
See
>>30054667
>>
>>30054079
>How fucking old are you, 14? 15?
That's a valid question on this board sometimes
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
yes
>Overhyped?
by me? no, way better than what I expected
>Better than XY?
yes
>Better than B2W2?
no way
yes
>Wait for Stars instead?
stars? NEVER, EVER
>>
>>30050239
>Sources
>>
>>30055311
Wii U was a giant stinker even though I thought the few games it had were ok.

Nintendo's gonna need something big to get it to sell, and "home console main pokemon" is the panic button they've had in storage for 2 decades.
>>
>>30049129
Nope, not even worth pirating.
It's more overhyped than No Man's Sky, a game it's worse than.
Nope, even XY is better.
Hell no.
Way too many cutscenes.
Wait forever, never buy a game by these shits again. Just play Uranium.
>>
>>30050281
>those Pokedex entries
>Lighthearted
Pick one. This gen has killed Pokemon's spirit.
>>
>>30055384
>>>/v/ Faggots won't shut up ever
>>
>>30049129
anything
>>
>>30049842
If you get a Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked membership, you never pay full price for a game.

Same goes for Amazon Prime, but the discount cuts off 2 weeks after the release date, which is why I prefer GCU.
>>
File: image.png (368KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368KB, 1024x768px
>>30049129
In all honesty SM are great games the story is well written the cutscenes are well distributed the region has a great design and for being only islands there is actually a lot to explore, UBs are a great concept for Pokemons with odd but interesting desings it's definitely one of the best games GF has done
>>
File: 1479498290494.png (67KB, 290x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479498290494.png
67KB, 290x255px
>>30055430
>people who play many games must have a worse opinion on games than people who only play one series
>>
File: 1478173952138.png (200KB, 478x343px) Image search: [Google]
1478173952138.png
200KB, 478x343px
>>30055618
Thinks everyone in this board Haven't played another game that Isn't Pokemon
>>
>>30049129
Yeah.
Yeah.
Yeah.
Fuck no. BW2 is at the absolute peak of pokemon alongside Plat. This is high tier though.
There's not too many cutscenes, just too many tutorial dialogue sequences for such a simple game.
Perhaps.
>>
>>30055999
>Lucy Fleefaggot & Sherman show
>Can't even quote
/v/ is shit though
>>
>>30056119
>Fuck no. BW2 is at the absolute peak of pokemon alongside Plat.
why on earth do i keep on seeing people say this
>>
>>30049129
I got fempopplio on my first try and gen 7 is the best in the series. I'm loving sun and moon, it being more story heavy is a plus.
>>
>>30056149
/vp/ holds post-game content in very, very high regard. Emerald, Platnium, HGSS, and BW2 are generally the only four acceptable answers to "best game in the series" because of it. (and recently, people are beginning to realize that Emerald's Battle Frontier kind of sucked)
>>
>>30056149
Because BW2 is really fun for "hardcore" fans of the series.
If you have played all of the pokemon games BW2 will be one of your favorites because of it's many hours of gameplay, and above all else it's huge selection of pokemon. Compared to other games BW2 just has a really great selection of pokemon, leading to probably the best replay value in the whole series.
Platinum on the other hand. I think it is very flawed, but it is atmospheric and has a great postgame. Easily one of the better pokemon games.
>>
>>30056149
Because BW2 is a very good game. I don't get what people find so weird on a good number of people finding it the best.
>>
>>30056209
>>30056216
I never cared about the battle frontier or any of the gimmick battles in post-game so whatever.

Going off of that it seems like it's the same people who never shut up about the game being to easy.
>>
>>30054593
>If you care about competitive for some absurd reason you just hack shit in anyway or play showdown.
Not at all
>>
I just made it to the second island, so maybe it's too early to decide this, but I think this might be the worst Pokemon game. And of the seven generations, the three worst have been the three most recent ones. If this doesn't get tremendously better very quickly, I think I might be done with Pokemon despite being a fan for 20 years.

Complaints:

-There are cut scenes literally every three minutes
-Seriously, the cut scenes are game ruining
-Pokemon has been "Sonic the Hedgehog and his shitty friends" since BW, why do I need a gang of idiot children following me around everywhere
-wtf is this dialog for Team Skull
-Let's handhold the player and never let go
-Experience scaling is back?! Who has ever liked that shit
-And we locked a major end game feature behind level 100, have fun eating shit with the exp diminishing
-The two big new mechanics feel like they scraped them from the reject bin. Z moves are especially dumb, on a mega evolution level. Oh, and I can turn off battle animations but not the stupid dances for the z moves, of course
-Too many pokemon in the regional dex. I know this is a tricky balance but they haven't hit it in a long time. It's not as bad here as in XY but you don't have an identity to your region when it's filled with all the same crap. Did they really need Caterpie again?
-And where are all the new mons? Are they back loaded onto the later islands, or is this XY all over again?

God this is a massive disappointment
>>
>>30056251
BW2 has more than "gimmick battles in post-game or whatever"
And yes BW2 is one of the harder games, it also has difficulty options (which plays into the large replay factor I mentioned earlier)
>>
>>30056275
>-wtf is this dialog for Team Skull
the best part of the game, is what

>-Experience scaling is back?! Who has ever liked that shit
me, so i don't end up even more over-leveled than I already am
>>
>>30056290
>BW2 has more than "gimmick battles in post-game or whatever"
I know there's the thing where you fight every past leader/E4 and I guess that's cool and all but I don't really see why that many people care about it.

Difficulty would be nice I guess.
>>
Yep
Sure
Affirmative
SLOW YOUR ROLL
Ehh, up to personal taste. I could do without a few but it is not terrible.
We don't know what Stars is yet, so it's impossible to say.
>>
>>30056356
Just play it. There are issues with it, I warn you, but most are in all pokemon games.
You'll definitely have a cool team though, unlike some games (such as Platinum) with a poor selection of pokemon.
>>
>>30056275
Oh, and another one:

-The fucking trainer poses before a battle, that then have to load separately from the actual battle. This game has so much time wasting padding, this would be murder on a replay

Oh, and another:
-I haven't battled a single not-plot relevant trainer who had more than one Pokemon. Ugh
>>
File: pout.jpg (51KB, 482x582px) Image search: [Google]
pout.jpg
51KB, 482x582px
>>30056356
>I don't really see why that many people care about it.
>Apparently hasn't even played it according to >>30056395
>>
>>30056395
I didn't purposefully not play it when it came out. iirc I think the original reason is I just plain didn't know it existed for a little while and then it was "eh BW was ok I guess".

I might play it eventually.
>>
>>30056333
Experience scaling is the wrong solution though. Upping the number of pokemon trainers carry, and increasing their levels is the proper way to combat over leveling
>>
>>30056398
>-I haven't battled a single not-plot relevant trainer who had more than one Pokemon. Ugh
How early are you in the game because I've had a bunch of random npcs with 2-3 mons
>>
>>30056433
which just nets you MORE experience
>>
>>30056417
I was actually in the same boat. I did not hear about it until right before X/Y came out. It definitely is fun, you could always get an r4 card for like $10 dollars and play it, as it probably goes for a bit on eBay.
>>
>>30056433
>Experience scaling is the wrong solution though.
>Let's just give them EVEN MORE experience
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yes
>Overhyped?
A bit. Mostly by people expecting way too much
>Better than XY?
Yes.
>Better than B2W2?
Nope.
There were quite a few but it wasn't that unbearable. Replaying may get a bit tedious though
>Wait for Stars instead?
You mean Eclipse or the much more likely S2M2? Nah. Get SM, it's still fun
>>
>>30049129
I miss super training.
>>
File: 1463074221853.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463074221853.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>30049129
>Hype up megastones for an entire generation.
>Drop almost every single one of them so they're no longer available for a lot of pokemon.
why why why why why why why why
>>
File: d567.png (62KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
d567.png
62KB, 227x221px
>>30056275
>not liking team skull
I agree with you on the other points though. Luckily the game gets a lot better during the end of it especially Poni Canyon which is basically Victory Road except with an awesome Totem battle near the exit. Overall I'd give the game a 7/10, it's leagues better than XY but nowhere near BW2. Funny how the series falls in quality after the best entries, you can definitely smell some sinister casualization going on here probably to pander to the retarded normalfags that hopped on the GO bandwagon just to show their friends that they're "total pokemon lover gamer nerds :3"

Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>30056490
I miss hordes. I forgot how annoying EV training was before gen 6. Say what you want about XYORAS, but at least breeding and training a competive mon was so easy
>>
>>30056521
It was just a generational gimmick, just like Z-Moves.
Expect maybe a some Primal formes for legendaries, but that is it for megas from here on out, and eventually through means of bank you will never be able to Mega Evolve certain pokemon
>>
Forgot to mention, while the game overall is probably better than XY, the casualization is certainly still prevalent.
>>
>>30049129
>Implying the third game won't be called Eclipse
>>
>>30056546
>It was just a generational gimmick
I don't care if pokemon get new ones, but they shouldn't just erase half the megas from the previous generation. Hell if they're going to, then erase ALL of them! Don't cocktease by giving you some but none for your favourites.
>and eventually through means of bank you will never be able to Mega Evolve certain pokemon
I think it's about time I stop following pokemon. It's clear they don't want to innovate and keep features and keep wanting to hold back on things so when they bring them back for a future generation they seem more innovative and hype up the retarded masses.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>30056546
>just like Z-Moves.
Oh yeah speaking of those I wonder how they're going to try and give you them next game. Is a random NPC going to throw them at you when you talk to them like the mega stones this generation? How are people going to get Ultra Beasts too? Are they just going to be restricted to S/M/Whatever? Great job Gamefreak
>>
>>30056579
Megas sucked dick anyway so there is no reason to really complain. It was obvious they were just going to be a gimmick, though I personally agree with you I never expected them to be removed in this manner so earlier on.
>>30056608
Most likely just a random NPC. Ultra Beasts will probably be tradea-ble only. In a perfect world Gamefreak would expand on the UB idea and introduce them in different scenarios throughout the future games.
>>
>>30049952
the moon
>>
>>30056579
>Hell if they're going to, then erase ALL of them!
b-but who cares about the other megas when you got them for your gen 1 starters! red and blue even give the stones to you! if you somehow don't like that we have alola forms composed of pokemon specifically from gen 1 only! don't you love gen 1!? xd
>>
>>30056634
>Megas sucked dick anyway
I disagree, therefore you are wrong.
>>
>>30056634
In a perfect world, Gamefreak doesn't do the polar opposite of what every other game series does.
>>
>>30056235
Because it clearly isn't, and all you unovabortions just have shit taste.
>>
>>30056735
>Clearly
Give a reason then. Every time I hear someone complain about BW2 being liked, they never give a reason. They always just go "haha unovabortions suck lel"
>>
>>30056794
I hated B/W but I liked B/W2. It seemed like an apology letter for everything wrong with the first game in the same way Xillia 2 fixed everything wrong with Xillia 1.
>>
File: a7b.jpg (30KB, 547x609px) Image search: [Google]
a7b.jpg
30KB, 547x609px
The amount of autists thinking that B2W2 was even remotely acceptable, or anything beyond a shitty paperweight...
>>
>>30049129
>suffering anxiety over spending $40

lol
>>
>>30057093
(You)
>>
No but seriously where are the new mons? I feel like I'm playing genwun 3d except all the hipsters mons are in the starting areas
>>
>>30049842
Traded in Bravely default 2, Mario Kart, and Project X zone 2 for this game and other stuff, worth?
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Yup
>Overhyped?
Nope
>Better than XY?
So far
>Better than B2W2?
So far
They're getting on my nerves a bit
>Wait for Stars instead?
>>
>>30057349
>Bravely default 2, Mario Kart
Worth
>and Project X zone 2
Oh totally worth
>>
>>30057357
>Wait for Stars instead?
Nah
>>
>>30057349
Damn you for trading in Bravely 2, but then again I haven't played it and apparently Bravely 1 (didn't beat it) goes to shit. I mean it stills looks cool and playing as a couple of deadbeats stealing other people's jobs was always fun
>>
>Worth the $40?
Depends. I didn't pay for it, but if you enjoy spending time online and trading it is definitely worth it. Overall I would say it is worth it and I may buy it in the future.
>Overhyped?
By myself personally? Not at all, I drastically underrated this game. However the pokemon community as a whole over hyped this game to hell and back.
>Better than XY?
100%
>Better than B2W2?
Nah
It isn't that bad. If you try to speed through the game (which most people here did since they were asshurt Piratefags were nearing completion before them) then it will seem unbearable. There is a lot at the beginning, just prepare to be bored for the first 2 hours or so.
>Wait for Stars instead?
No point.
>>
>>30057349
W-why not just keep the games?
It's 40 fucking dollars.
That's half a day's pay. If they said, "You can click this button and have a new pokemon for working for the next 4 hours." Are you telling me you wouldn't hit that god damn button?
>>
>>30057516
He probably just didn't want the games he had. All of the ones he listed aren't good/get boring after a while.
>>
>>30057516
>half a day's pay
speak for yourself
>>
>>30057583
I will.
I think it was a fair comparison though.
I imagine most people on 4chan have minimum wage or slightly better jobs.
Err, those of us who have jobs anyway.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
no
>Overhyped?
yes
>Better than XY?
no
>Better than B2W2?
no
too many cutscenes
>Wait for Stars instead?
maybe. you can wait for stars but i'll wait for diamond and pearl remakes instead
>>
>>30050407
Play either Black 2 or White 2. Skip Gen 7 completely, because its an unfinished mess.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Kind of. Sometimes I don't think so but I pirated it
>Overhyped?
Not really.
>Better than XY?
Everything in the series is better than XY.
>Better than B2W2?
nah
There are a lot of cutscenes, but I enjoyed the story so I didn't mind. It might turn you off though.
>Wait for Stars instead?
what is this stars meme I keep seeing everywhere?
>>
Way too much fade to black for stupid scenes
>>
>>30057861
>Stars.
It's Pokemon Pink or Rainbow or Clear or whatever that faggot in your elementary school called the game his dad that works at Nintendo gave him.
>>
>>30057896
This. Shit like opening a fucking fence and throwing a muku into water fades out for some reason.
>>
>>30049129
>Worth the $40?
Worth a pirate
>Overhyped?
A bit
>Better than XY?
Yes
>Better than B2W2?
No
Too fucking many
>Wait for Stars instead?
If you've got the money for a new system and patience, sure
>>
>BW2 where good

I played B/W 1 and thought they where utter garbage with a total dogshit and uninspired Mon selection. Did BW2 improve that?
>>
>>30058570
yes, it's the polar opposite with mon selection and it's more about exploration than the single player story.
>>
>>Worth the $40?
I've but about 50 hours in, if you consider $1 for ever hour getting your money's worth, then it's pretty good.
>>Overhyped?
The promotion maybe, but I never got my hopes up that high, I'm loving it though.
>>Better than XY?
Yes.
>>Better than B2W2?
Let's not be silly.
>>Too many cutscenes? Not enough?
Initially yes, but the story is unquestionably the best so it's fine.
>>Wait for Stars instead?
Eh. I'm getting a Switch for Squidgame anywho.
>>
>Worth the $40?
It's alright. Kinda pissed Gamefreak will never stop cutting content for no reason.
>Overhyped?
By others? My god, definitely. By me? Hell no.
>Better than XY?
No. XY and especially OR/AS I had a lot more fun with.
>Better than B2W2?
No.
Way too many.
>Wait for Stars instead?
No one in their right mind should get a Switch.
>>
>>30056674
the moon is clouds
>>
>>30056693
>if you somehow don't like that we have alola forms composed of pokemon specifically from gen 1 only! don't you love gen 1!? xd
You know I would have forgiven these games if they were just the sevii islands from Fire Red and Leaf Green except expanded, grown, and had their own culture/gyms/whatever and that would justify all the gen 1 obsession.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.