[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this game going to be non-canon like Colosseum and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: star.png (166KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
star.png
166KB, 800x480px
So is this game going to be non-canon like Colosseum and XD on Gamecube?
>>
>>30041618
>XD
you have to go back
>>
I don't think the Pokémon series really have a definition of 'canon'.
>>
>>30041632
XD you're so funny.
>>
>>30041618

It'll be the final version of this gen's Pokémon games. What we got for the 3DS was basically just beta versions of the main product.
>>
>>30041618
No, as it's made by GF
>>
No, it'll be SMs sequel/3rd version.
>>
My Colossuem mons are in my bank right now. They seem canon to me
>>
>>30041637
This.

Don't complain if GF hearing your retardation decides to release a LoZ tier timeline.
>>
File: XD.png (11KB, 188x177px) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
11KB, 188x177px
>>30041618
>XD
>>
>>30041618
>non-canon like Colosseum and XD
But Orre is canon.
>>
>>30041690
bullshit.
>>
>>30041618
it will either be a shitty port of SM or the obvious sequels we're getting
>>
Why wouldn't the sequel to SM be canon?
>>
>>30041954
>Shitty
Even if they add no new content, the higher res, AA, and fixed frame rate make it worth it.
>>
Im about to get both games
Yay or nay /vp/?
>>
>>30041984
a graphical upgrade is not worth a 60 dollar pokemon game. they could at least make the pokemon to scale like in the gamecube games.

a fucking port sounds like a bad idea. give us Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse or Radiant Sun and Full moon like its so obviously planned out in SM
>>
>>30041618

sequel to Pokémon Sun and Moon.
>>
Good to know that mainline Pokemon games will be on the switch. Now I have to buy it. But I'll wait for the game after Stars. Have no desire to play the exact same game again. Whatever difficulty hack comes for Sun on Moon on 3DS will be much better than Stars anyway.
>>
When will stars come out?
>>
>>30042061
>took 6 years for piracy and homebrew on the 3DS to exist
>expecting Switch support right away
>>
>>30042061
People like you are exactly why I'm sure there'll be new Pokemon or lots of new forms/Alolan forms/megas in the game.
>>
>>30041952
you've clearly never played a 3rd version Pokemon game, or any non-G Rank Monster Hunter game then.
>>
Sun and Moon are incredibly plot-heavy, putting part of the story in one hardware and the sequel in another doesn't make any sense.

I believe we're going to actually get "paired third versions" for the first time (maybe Radiant Sun and Full Moon). The games would tell the same events from SM, but slightly altered to include Necrozma and maybe Zygarde in the plot. Also with obvious upgrades to the graphics, mechanics, pokédex and postgame.
>>
>>30042086
What? I didn't say anything about hacking the Switch. I said difficulty hack for Sun and Moon on 3DS.
>>
File: 1475260176289_0.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475260176289_0.png
83KB, 264x238px
I still don't really buy it.
We haven't had a third version since Platinum.
Although I guess with all their pattern breaking it would be amusing to pattern break the pattern breaking.
>>
>>30042061
i hope not, i hate how big the portable switch screen looks and wouldn't be prepared to buy a whole new home console just for pokemon (this is subject to cost obviously)

if all the pokemon games after this end up being on the switch, then sun and moon may well end up being the last pokemon games i play. which would be sad, but life goes on i suppose
>>
>>30042014
>$60
[citation needed]
>>
while i may enjoy third versions myself, they've always been a mistake when it comes to putting all the content into one game and cutting off the social aspect from it. which is what pokemon is, a social game, now more than ever. not to mention they've always historically sold the least to an extreme degree. pair that with believing people will buy a new console we know very little about sounds like a recipe for disaster.

unless GF are bigger idiots than we can imagine, it will be a set of two new games. Stars is very likely a codename after all, just like Sun and Moon were Rainbow. here's to hoping they're sequel versions in Alola-Kanto like it's so heavily hinted at.

>>30042205
it's a console. why would you not expect the Switch games to cost 60 dollars. if it really DOES end up being the 3DS successor, you can expect a 60 dollar price tag on games that really aren't worth the additional 20-25 from now on.
>>
Source of this being confirmed?
>>
>>30042014
>a graphical upgrade is not worth a 60 dollar pokemon game
people bought Stadium 1, 2, Colloseum, Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution for tha full price despite them being crocks of shit that get tedious after a short while, what makes you think they don't expect people to buy an HD mainline Pokemon game at full price?
>>
>>30042226
Nothing is confirmed, it's just a rumour by Eurogamer.
>>
Please let this be fake.
SM was JUST RELEASED, it'd be money completely wasted.
>>
>>30042221
>which is what pokemon is, a social game
It stopped being that the moment they added online.
>>
>>30042236
because most people are experiencing all SM has to offer as we speak, and if it turned out to be nothing more than a graphical and technical upgrade, their sales are lost on everyone now.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>30041690
>i-i-it's okay guys, X and Y were tech demos!
>i-it's the same in Omega and Alpha, but that's because the d-developers were r-r-rushed!
I can hear that excuse so many times before I fucking break skulls.

not Team Skull, the only redeeming part here.
>>
>>30042263
that is social. you can't tell me you've traded with people irl more than you have in the series since it added online.
>>
>>30042272
>and if it turned out to be nothing more than a graphical and technical upgrade, their sales are lost on everyone now.
People have bought third versions and remakes before.
>>
>>30042105
I have. Many of them. Especially Emerald and BW2 in particular. The thing is, unlike any previous initial pair, SM is a lot more content packed... therefore, don´t call it a beta version. It is probably the only initial pair which doesn´t deserve to be called that.
>>
>>30042290
>that is social
Not the kind of social it was made for, to meet other people in real life, why do you think it's a 4chan stereotype to be socially retarded no matter how many years you're on this social site?
>>
>>30042322
>SM is a lot more content packed
what.

it's the game with the least shit to do by far, no exploration, barely any side content, almost non-existent post-game, less than 100 new pokemon.
>>
>>30042364
- Battle Tree
- Battle Royal
- Poke Finder
- SOS chaining
- Defending your championship
- Refresh
- Join Avenue
- Festival Missions
- Poke Pelago
- Battle Buffet

>no content
>yeah, sure
>>
>>30042862
That doesn't count
>>
>>30042273
4chan is an 18+ website, edgelord
>>
>>30043115
Indeed. Perhaps you should leave.
>>
>>30042061
>But I'll wait for the game after Stars. Have no desire to play the exact same game again
I love how you're just immediately assuming that "Stars" would be a rehash and not a sequel if this rumor is true.
>>
>third version of SM on switch
>real

You people will believe anything.
>>
>>30041618

it is the 3rd version of sun and moon
and stars is just a codename just like rainbow was the codename for sun and moon

prism.

it will feature two more rockruff evolutions
another raticate alola form
one new mimikyu form which can't be traded into sun and moon
and a bit more dlc like extended story like the delta episode in ORAS compared to the originals
bit more polished as befor
>>
>>30043542
Also, it will be on 3DS.
>>
>>30042862
Half of that isn't stuff to do, like refresh or the pokepelago and the rest is shit from before. The only "new" thing is the battle royal which is not any different from a normal battle
>>
>>30043610
no sorry, it will be on the switch

next 3ds games will be sun and moon 2
>>
>>30043229
epic!

>>>reddit
>>
>>30043057\
>>30043806

>That doesn't count
kek
>>
>>30042364
He's talking about initial pairs. Compared to XY, BW, and DP, SM does have more to do in it. Star is going to be great.
>>
>>30041632
>>30041656
He's talking about the gamecube game Pokemon XD
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.