[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They hated Crabrawler didn't they >No priority attacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: thecrab thread.jpg (68KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
thecrab thread.jpg
68KB, 600x306px
They hated Crabrawler didn't they

>No priority attacks
>no speed
>weak to all the best attacking types.
>can't Evolve shim until the fucking end of the game to run into two Elite 4's all using types it's weak too
>evolution is Ugly as sin

so yeah, Have fun with your worthless crab
~ t. gamefreak
>>
>>30032158
Evolution looks like a bad guy from the power puff girls
>>
File: Fuzzy_Lumpkins.jpg (47KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fuzzy_Lumpkins.jpg
47KB, 400x500px
>>30032581
>>
They truly messed up Crabrawler. I really like his design and animations, but yeah the evolution is shit tier.

The slow frail ice attacker meme aside, I don't get why they simply gave Crabrawler better stats, no evolution and made it water/fightning.
>>
File: IMG_3654.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3654.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>30032158
>b-but he took down huge vgc threats!
>>
File: Bunny.png (111KB, 318x245px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny.png
111KB, 318x245px
>>30032639
Looks like pic related and Fuzzy fused together.
>>
>>30032653
>I don't get why they simply gave Crabrawler better stats and no evolution
This. They had me convinced with the reveal all the way to the leaks when i learned it was never more than just some NFE mon
>>
>>30032158
Gen VII is the gen of shitmons. Anything that's not a legendary is just fucking awful.

Meanwhile most of the legendaries have good stats and moves, so I don't know what they were thinking. "We only want people to use Tapus and UBs for three years." maybe?
>>
>>30032158
Don't forget how they tried to make it appear as a god by showing it killing Cresselia, Mega Mom and the genies but it's a super shitmon in reality.
>>
>>30032653
>Water
lmao
>>
>>30032777
I disagree, Toxapex is pure cancer.
>>
>>30032820
There's some amount of hyperbole there. I mean sure, maybe you can count the good non-legendaries on one hand, I just didn't feel the need to specify "Except Toxapex" and the like.
>>
>>30032807
did he even get officially revealed?
>>
Crabrawler is probably in my top 5 favorites for this gen, and I even like the doofy evolution.
But fuck me both his stats and his movepool are awful.
Probably bottom tier PU.
>>
>>30032872
Poor Lurantis will join him.
>>
No Ice Shard or Mach Punch for this guy? And it's not like those moves would do any good anyway.
>>
>>30032653
They probably tacked on the ice type because they needed a new one and ran out of ideas. There's only 5 new ice types this gen and 4 of them are redesigns
>>
File: 1478066301960.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1478066301960.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
I don't get why most things are so slow this time around, a lot of mons this gen have base like base 35-45 speed. Even a great chunk of walls have a higher base speed, so they're really pushing it at even becoming wallbreakers.

The yeti crab could have done that really well if they kept its base 65 speed (?) that crabrawler had, but knocking it down just dug its snowy grave.
>>
>>30032158
Crabrawler was probably designed by a gaijin

if thats the case its no wonder its such a shitmon
>>
>>30033009
it's to avoid repetitive stat spreads/power creep. lower speed means other stats like attack can be higher than previous generations without being broken
>>
>>30033070
>it's to avoid repetitive stat spreads/power creep
That only works if these pokemon exist in a vacuum or everything else is nerfed along with them. This isn't the case, all the old mons still exist so barring a few they're shit. Hell most of the ones they bothered to include in the game itself, no bank, are better than the Alolan mons.
>>
>tfw all the pokemon I like this gen are statistically ass
This is Johto tier disappointment.
>>
>>30033147
Woah now.
At least the designs aren't monotype tier bland.
>>
>>30033009
>I don't get why most things are so slow this time around
They're Alolan which is based on Hawaii. Things here move slower than elsewhere. The times i've gone to a business and asked about the status of something that shouldn't really take as long as it has been and gotten
>Hey, cuz. Don't worry about it.
is a little ridiculous. If you aren't a tourist business things are pretty lax. From the music to construction to the schools. There's a reason our education system is ranked at or near the bottom (coincidentally, I remember there recently being a vote against fluoridating our water) consistently of the USA.

t. Gamefreak apologist

I should write something out for this slow Hawaii theory
>>
>>30032158
>give sucker punch to the owl
>not the dark fighting lionman
>>
I can't find Crabrawler on the berries
>>
>>30033113
>January probably won't come with a massive rebalancing patch
Sucks
>>
where the fuck do i catch this thing
>>
>>30032158
If they hated Crabrawler so much, why is he in the final game
>>
>>30034022
to hate him
if you hate something you want it to suffer
>>
>>30032896
Lurantis has a better chance of being NU then PU if anything. Crabominable will definetly no see much usage.
>>
>>30033147
Johto is still the worst no matter what.
>>
>>30032158
Crabrawler is ugly too.
>>
>>30032653
>>30032704
>>30032872
No appreciation for this brilliant design.
>>
>>30032820
>loved the design the moment I saw it
>find out it's sin incarnate
>love stall anyways
nothing but joy from my corner
>>
>>30033450
They sometimes jump out of berry piles
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-478910805
>>
>>30032158
Where can people access the Dream World art?
>>
>>30032820
I love stall, and Toxapex is definitely my favorite addition this gen.
>>
>>30034558
>boosting against Ash-Greninja instead of killing with Fleur Cannon
>not saving Mimikyu for Tapu Koko to boost up and win
2/10 must try harder.
>>
>>30032947
>ran out of ideas

turning a coconut crab that likes climbing into a literal yeti crab who got lost climbing a mountain is absolutely not running out of ideas. dislike the line and be disappointed at how it turned out all you want, but don't be a baby having a tantrum and deny the idea is both inspired and fun.
>>
>>30035063
Don't forget the boxing design pieces.
>>
File: 1477072574724.jpg (47KB, 504x309px) Image search: [Google]
1477072574724.jpg
47KB, 504x309px
>>30035063
You know, I kind of forgot about Crabrawlers like of climbing because I was more fixed on just the punching trees for food side of things. Now that i've thought about it and the idea of it taking the climbing to a mountain and being forced to live up there resulting to becoming a yeti crab has made me appreciate it a lot more.
>>
>>30033242
> vote against fluoridating the water
You've got to be fucking kidding me
>>
>>30032158
>weak to all the best attacking types
Are you seriously suggesting that Flying and Steel are better attacking types than Ground, Rock, Ghost, Water, and Dark?
>>
>>30035508
Seems pretty smart if them. Fluoridating water leads to increased chance of being homosexual. This is even seen in animals such as frogs who live in the water.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.