[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ice Stone now exists >they still keep forcing the Ice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (24KB, 304x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 304x280px
>Ice Stone now exists
>they still keep forcing the Ice Rock/Mossy Rock meme instead of retconning Glaceon and Leafeon to evolve through Ice and Leaf Stone respectively
What the fuck?
>>
>>30032027
Game Freak is all about muh consistency where people would be fine with inconsistency.
>>
>>30032084
>clefairy suddenly resists fighting moves
>gengar can now be hit by mud slap
they're just dummies
>>
File: 1411273712320.gif (407KB, 535x480px) Image search: [Google]
1411273712320.gif
407KB, 535x480px
You know, that is pretty weird considering how willing they are to drop gimimicks from one generation to the next. I'm guessing the one thing they don't want to change is how Pokemon evolve in general. Unless the evolution method becomes obsolete for other reasons, like if Nin Nin handhelds lost the tilt sensor then they couldn't do Inkay's evolution anymore and would have to change it.
>>
>>30032155
You mean like how Contests stopped being a thing so they changed Feebas's evolution condition from Pokeblocks to Prism Scale?
>>
>>30032027
Ice rock is evolution requirement for crabrawler so it is not going away anytime soon
>>
>>30032084
And yet Feebas now evolves throigh trade.
It's stupid.
>>
>>30032209
I just think Stone evolution for Glaceon/Leafeon would make more sense since the line was originally known to evolve exclusively through stones.
>>
>>30032313
I'm going to guess that Eevee gains new evolutions based on whatever new gimmick the new Generation tosses at us, as long as it is plausible.

Gen 2 was Friendship
Gen 4 was levelling up at very specific areas
Gen 6 was Monamie.
Gen 8 will not be stones.
>>
>>30032352
We should have gotten an upside down eevee instead of sylveon in gen 6
>>
>>30032155
Well, it's a fun way to keep the biomes varied to have to always include a frozen zone, a verdant zone and a magnetic zone in every world map.
I liked the Kalos moss rock.
You can tell the area has to be supernaturally lush because it's a verdant forest right in the middle of an arctic wasteland
>>
Its cause Gamefreak literally does not give a fuck about making consistant improvements.
For every smart new addition we lose something else, or they'll make one improvement only to ignore something they could have fixed the same way.
>>
They added a Sun stone in Gen 2 yet didn't make Eevee evolve into Espeon/Umbreon through Sun/Moon stone. If they wanted all Eeveelutions to happen through evolution stones, the precedent would have been set back then. Instead the new evolutions will always take advantage of some new gimmick. It'll never change, get over it.
>>
>>30032410
I can't picture a mammalian creature doing that.

What would it look like?
>>
>>30032482
>a bat
>a possum
>a possum-bat
>>
>>30032525
That's a candidate for a Flying-type Eeveelution.

Or Dragon if they want to use Dracula puns.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.