[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Sun/Moon have dropped it's finally time to admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: DP610.jpg (82KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
DP610.jpg
82KB, 610x343px
Now that Sun/Moon have dropped it's finally time to admit that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are by far the best Pokemon games.
Easily the best OST and region, cool pokemon, great storytelling/lore.
>>
I dunno, I'm starting to like the SM OST a little more than DPPT's.
>>
>>30031484
I can't believe how annoying the Sinnoh-fags have gotten in the span of a year
For the record, only Pt was good, DP are the absolute drags of the franchise
>>
Gen V games are the best overall in my opinion
>>
>>30031484
Tell em

>>30031518
Fair enough
>>
>>30031518
>DP are the absolute drags of the franchise

Yeah no, that goes to BW; literally what caused all this casualization and eventual laziness of the franchise. The franchise reached it's summit with HGSS, and then fell off a cliff.
>>
>>30031599
At least BW doesn't move at the speed of a fucking loaf of bread.
>>
>>30031484
I can't get over how bad the box art legends are, easily the worst duo throughout the franchise.
>>
>>30031599
BW is excellent, HGSS was just ok
>>
>>30031635
Zekrom and Reshiram are much worse
>>
>>30031658
Nah they have solid designs. Also better typings too.
>>
>>30031658
Nah, Giratina is better than any of those four though, I'll give you
>>
>>30031701
>Also better typings too.
in no way is this true
>>
>>30031724
well it is
god tier held items as well
yiff wang twins can't even compete
>>
>>30031616
>>30031650
And you two fine gentlemen are entitled to your opinions, but you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>30031635
They're my second favorites, after Ho-Oh and Lugia.
>>
>>30031788
I think one of us had a big misunderstanding.
>>
>>30031864
I love HGSS anon, but fuck off with those buzzwords.
>>
Well, we can admit that now, but if they make a remake, we'll have to start hating it again because it will force us to confront all the things that were bad about it.
>>
>>30031907
i realized that shortly after posting but you get that im on ur side

>>30032010
nope
>>
File: 1479142890407.jpg (28KB, 615x457px) Image search: [Google]
1479142890407.jpg
28KB, 615x457px
~-=|[(when the bait so tasty everyone think it's real )]|=-~
>>
>>30032123
the bait is easy to swallow
no one but hoenn favorers can debate this
>>
Taking the B8 but you can't deny that the DPPt engine was godawful. They were fun the first time through but trying to replay them is painful. Saving takes for-fucking-ever if you interact with a PC or catch a Pokemon beforehand, the games run incredibly slow, and some things (like having a fire type E4 member in a region with almost no fire types) just seem terribly thought out.

4th gen had some of my favorite designs, the coolest events(even if they didn't all get released) and the ever important physical/special split, but Jesus those games are awful on the whole.
>>
>>30032284
Diamond and Pearl were terrible.
Platinum, however, had the best Gym Leaders and Elite 4 as a whole, as well as the best Champion, which is what matters in the end.
>>
File: IMG_0836.jpg (70KB, 617x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0836.jpg
70KB, 617x274px
>>30031484
As much as I like platinum (it was my first game), it's indisputable that HGSS are by far the best games in the series to date. But Platinum is a close second.
>>
Personally SM is hands down the best pokemon games. If you fully dive into the content it offers it is a pretty dense game, and the cinematic elements complement the story. Personally I really like every gen except for four (and only because the map and tile design puts me off) but this one by far is my favourite.
>>
D&P are a slower than the Alola regional dex.

Platinum is the pinnacle of gen 4 and fuck anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>30032083
That's the Pokémon cycle, it's happened three times already and it'll happen again.
>>
Gen 4 is by far the best
>>
>>30031484
Are DP even worth playing? Platinum is my favourite game in the series, but I've never played either of those. From what I've seen and heard they're just uglier, slower versions of Plat with less content.
>>
>>30031484
3 > 4 > 1 > 7 (so far) > 2 > 5 > 6
>>
It's a shame we'll never get the distortion world on the 3DS with weird depth tricks you have to use glasses-free 3D in order to comprehend.
>>
>>30032702
The sprites are generally better but that's about it
>>
HGSS are the best pokemon games, followed by platinum. B2W2 is a close third
>>
Diamond and Pearl are fucking awful, if Platinum wasn't a thing those two would go down in history as hands down the worst Pokemon generations, surpassing Kalos either.

Thank god for Pt and HGSS because without them Gen 4 is a massive shit heap as far as main series games go.
>>
Sinnoh is cozy
>>
>>30034865
Isn't it rather cold.
In fact, Giratina causes a global cooling so bad your hometown has a little bit of snow in it necessitating a winter outfit.
>>
Platinum is the best Pokémon game I have played to date but I never tried the gen V sequels or ORAS or the gen 2 remakes.
>>
File: 1479072071599.png (729KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1479072071599.png
729KB, 633x758px
Platinum was great, but I love the B/W series of games more. D/P were trash. HGSS were kinda meh for me, games were a slog to play through.
>>
>>30031484
nice meme
>>
>>30031484
Nothing will beat the original Gold/Silver/Crystal in comfiness.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.