[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Z-Conversion boosts all stats, allowing Porygon-Z to simultaneously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: rzpumsO.png (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rzpumsO.png
78KB, 500x500px
>Z-Conversion boosts all stats, allowing Porygon-Z to simultaneously compensate for its weak defenses, become very difficult to outspeed, boost its already incredible Special Attack even higher, and become 1 of 7 different types actually 8 but why would you run aerial ace you dumb fucking retard, all in one turn
>it also has Adaptability, so whatever type it is, it's going to hit a lot harder, and it doesn't necessarily need to run Tri Attack anymore
OU or bust.
>>
>>30031266
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Conversion
Something
>>
>>30031310
recover, and swap ice beam and tbolt, its good having one weakness.
>>
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Conversion
Recover
>>
>>30031310
>wanting to make yourself Ice type
Why the fuck?
>>
Can it not convert its type to the type of its hidden power, though?
>>
If you're going Adaptability, it's Ghost conversion or bust. Adaptability +1 Shadow Balls are near impossible to take. If you're going Download, you can pick whatever, but remember that Ice has FOUR (4) weaknesses
>>
>>30032866
Shadow Ball is extremely spammable and is by far the best move you can roll with. For your second move, HP Fighting gives you perfect effective coverage and lets you kill Tyranitar easily, but you could just as well go with Ice Beam or Thunderbolt if your team needs those coverage moves.
>>
>>30033044
But then Porygon gets walled by Spiritomb and Sableye
>>
>>30031266
Can you still change move order in battle on cartridge? I know you could by pressing select in Gen 3 but I don't know if it changed since then.
>>
what a worldsomeone in the porygon line actually using conversion
and it only took 7 gens
>>
>>30033424
why?
>>
>>30032866
I'd say Electric conversion into Thunder is a very viable strategy for rain teams. Adaptabilty boosted to 220 coming from that special attack is going to hurt, and Ice Beam/Rain setting partner will help deal with ground types.
>>
File: 1477208931051.jpg (34KB, 402x368px) Image search: [Google]
1477208931051.jpg
34KB, 402x368px
>>30033560
>Use vgc 17 on smogon
>use Poly 2 with ice/thn/reco/psyup
>holding evo
>use poly z with con z/shadow/dark/recover
>havent lost yet

Ahahahahahahaha what FUCK
>>
>>30033424
No? Ghost is neutral against Ghost/Dark.
>>
File: porygon z flip.gif (93KB, 476x380px) Image search: [Google]
porygon z flip.gif
93KB, 476x380px
>>30033424
Porygon z doesn't need type advantage to one shot anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bPxZPwPI4

Remember that z conversion is basically nasty plot + agility + whatever raises both special defece and special attack
>>
>>30034362
It only raises your stats by one though.
>>
>>30034389
+ 1 is gonna be sufficient for most pokemon though
>>
>>30033424
you seriously underestimate how hard a nigga hit. Its shadow ball is effectively 160 base power thanks to adaptability and thats coming off +1 special attack and 135 base special attack.
>>
>shadow ball

>tri beam

>agility

>(z) conversion

This equipped with wise glasses is probably all you'll gonna need.

Agility makes sure you outspeed nearly anything, z conversion is useful when somebody tries using a fighting type against you, and adaptability tri attack or shadow ball are enough to cause some damage. (especially after z conversion). Hidden power fighting is a bit pointless since the base power is just 60 and you don't get adaptability to boost it.

But the best moveset for porygon z is still some other mon doing the stat boosting for him and then baton passing.
>>
>>30034432
That's one choice band, one eviolite, and choice scarf all at one go with nothing that holds it back
>>
>>30034601
Z-move users have to hold the Z item, anon.
>>
>>30032314
Ice works with Fast. So, why not?
>>
>>30034676
nevermind, i thought that was just for mega evolution.
>>
File: masuda.png (122KB, 273x223px) Image search: [Google]
masuda.png
122KB, 273x223px
>Eviolite wasn't nerfed as the early rumors suggested
>Z-Conversion helps Porygon-Z achieve new heights after generations of remaining the same as in Gen 4
>both Porygon2 and Porygon-Z can now be run in the same team without Z feeling like the slightly inferior one
>>
>>30034752
Also, Z-Porygon-Z feels appropriate.
>>
>>30031266
This thing rips through teams, I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>30034601
>tri beam
You have no reason to use Tri Attack when you're Ghost type. Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse/HP Fighting is better.
>wise glasses
lol

F-
See me after class.
>>
>>30034814
Porygon-Z^2

>>30033508
Anyone?
>>
>>30035118
I believe you just hold down on the selected move with your finger/stylus and can slide it where you want it. At least that's how you can rearrange party members.
>>
>>30035159
It's really relevant here, because it means you could change his type based on your needs in battle.
>>
>>30035223
Doesn't look like you can in-battle. I tried mulyiple button combinations and sliding with the stylus both at the attack selection screen ("Fight!") and in the summary. Out of battle, you can do it easily by sliding, so I would imagine it would be just as easy if it were possible.
>>
>>30031266
I was already aware of the usefulness of Conversion back in gen 6.
Like others in this thread have pointed out, Shadow Ball is the most useful Conversion, since not only is Ghost a really good neutral offensive typing since Steel was nerfed, it also lets you play mindgames against Fighting-types.
>>
>>30034987
Ice beam, thunderbolt and dark pulse do the same damage as tri beam, and don't get stab adaptability before you use z conversion. HP fighting is 120 damage if super effective and doesn't benefit from adaptability, meaning it's always weaker than tri beam.

Even with less accurary, blizzard and thunder might be worth it for the extra attack power
>>
>>30032314
Ice STAB.
>>
>>30035423
But you should have next to no reason to ever use Tri Attack before you convert to Ghost, and having Tri Attack after you convert is a wasted slot.
>>
>toxapex used haze
>>
>>30034814

I want to call it Zed-Porygon-Z just to trigger people.
>>
I was super excited for Z-Conversion P-Z when it was first revealed, but the hype's somewhat simmered down since the reveal of the Ultra Beasts stats, Tapu and new weather synergies and new threats like Toxipex. Does P-Z still manage to hold its own in this new environment?
>>
>>30035470
+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex: 216-256 (137.5 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

wtf
>>
>>30031310

I like to put tri-attack on it so it can conversion on-the-go, then you sweep with tri-attack, dark pulse for ghosts and thunderbolt for fucking CERESTEENA because her bullshit bulky leech seed is like fighitng a skarmory that stalls better.

the best thing about z-conversion is that also raises your defenses, making you pretty hard to revenge kill, might as well all porygon-z with a normalium z megaporygon-Z
>>
>>30035462
Well yeah if you convert to ghost straight away you can replace tri beam with a different attack, maybe even hp fighting to deal with normal types, but then you'll be susceptible to dark and or ghost type attacks, while if you don't use z-convert straight away you might be able to bait them or fighting types out.

depends on the strategy really.
>>
>>30035535
>+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacool: 246-290 (80.9 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
You don't even need to Convert to Electric-type if you have a Rocks setter or
>+1 252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacool: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
with a bit of prior damage, a neutral hit can do it.

>>30035552
If you want to play with Porygon-Z early in the match without Converting, you might want Download instead of Adaptability.
Early in the match you'll definitely want to make use of your coverage moves, since the opponent will still have plenty of counters to Tri-Attack.
>>
With a Modest nature it seems +1 speed Porygon-Z will never outspeed base 145 speed Pokemon with speed-boosting nature. After the type change and Z-Conversion boosts however Life Orb Pheromosa HJK, Mega Alakazam with Adaptability, Mega Beedrill nor Mega Aerodactyl can OHKO Porygon-Z.
>>
>>30035563
Yeah, plus if you run Tri Attack you also have the option of pulling a regular Z-Move nuke on them if it's called for. It's really interesting that it has so many options despite being a gimmick mon.
>>
>>30035598
Which why you need agility first to raise 90 speed to 180, and then z convert.
>>
Looking at coverage options, Shadow Ball/Tri Attack have the best neutral coverage, only missing Bisharp and Tyranitar.
Shadow Ball/Ice Beam has the widest super-effective coverage, but misses out on m-Gyarados, Weavile, Greninja and Bisharp.
Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt has less SE coverage than Ghost/Ice, but wider neutral coverage and no current OU mons resist this combo.

>>30035646
Two turns of set-up is almost never worth it unless you have Landorus-tier bulk.
>>
>>30035846
z convert to ghost against a fighting type or a normal type is a free turn if you outspeed them though.
>>
>>30033508
Yes, literally pull it to the place you want
>>
>>30032314
Ice is the best offensive typing in the game
>>
>>30035535
is that STAB adaptability thunderbolt?
not this guy >>30035470 but a haze toxapex ended my sweep after a thunderbolt from a ghost pory failed to KO
>>
>>30036027
and the worst defensive typing. you dont need the STAB adaptability boost for ice beam for it to do its job anyway since you've already got monster special attack and the majority of threats it deals with take 4x damage as well
>>
Defensively, Ghost gives you the benefit of being immune to Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave and Extremespeed. Electric only gives resistance to Bullet Punch, but you also gain immunity to paralysis which could stop a sweep.
>>
>>30036281
After doing the calculations by hand, yep stab adaptability thunderbolt is enough to one hit kill toxapex with no stat boosts, but not without it.

The other way to have a guaranteed kill it in one hit with thunderbolt is an download porygon after z conversion though, so download does have that advantage
>>
>>30036345
Yes you do need STAB against bulkier things such as Ferrothorn, who would otherwise stop your sweep right then and there.
>>
Do you feel lucky mega fug?

+1 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 476-564 (114.9 - 136.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
Has Porygon-Z become the best special setup sweeper in the game?
>>
>>30039024
Darkrai is better.
>>
>>30038397
Yeah but fun fact
If you used Shadow Ball you'd hit Ferrothorn neutrally
>>
>>30040308
Darkrai is banned.
>>
>>30041153

darkrai is being reintroduced into OU with the dark void nerd
>>
>>30033635
Jesus, anon, take some time to type out your posts better.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.