[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All these ADD kids who can't deal with the occasional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: yutuyyt.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
yutuyyt.png
473KB, 600x706px
>All these ADD kids who can't deal with the occasional 2 minute cutscene here and there
>>
>>30024692
I wish there was a skip button so these kiddies that complain about text in an rpg can fuck off.
>>
>>30024715
Have these fucks never touched another JRPG or a MGS game in their life?
>>
>>30024692
What i don't get is that we always had "cutscenes" in pokemon. It's just that this time around spamming B doesn't help so they're losing their minds.
>>
Yeah who givHEY LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO
>>
i came to the realization about a year ago that there's a very sizable chunk of people on /vp/ that just want to blow through the single player as soon as possible

thank god GF hasn't pandered to them
>>
>>30024860
Hey, that's no problem because I have a healthy attention span and was raised properly instead of raised into an entitled instant gratification fucktard.
>>
>>30024991
My attention span is perWAIT UP CHECK THIS OUT
>>
It's definitely not occasional. It's every 3-5 battles.
>>
>>30025386
Play any standard JRPG and tell me this is worse.
>>
What do you expect? /vp/ doesn't play any jrpgs aside from Pokeyman.

Go play Persona, then you will experience truly horrible dialogue/gameplay balance.
>>
>>30024896
they're saving that for gen 8
>>
>>30024692
No. Fuck you. I like all sorts of aspects of this game after going through the first island but fuck those cutscenes so much. They burned me out for the day with how unnecessary and annoying they felt, and I've sat through Persona 4's intro.

Still I've heard the game eases up on the cutscenes a tad little later so I'm not too mad.

>>30025447
Anyone have the comic about Persona 4's cutscene length?
>>
>>30025417
>other games do it so it's fine
>>
>>30025447
>/vp/ doesn't play any jrpgs aside from Pokeyman.
well, jrpgs are garbage, so why would I?
I only play pokemon because I think pokemon are cute
>>
>>30024692
you're really enjoying that game freak cock arent you
>>
File: 1d1.jpg (58KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.jpg
58KB, 700x479px
>>30024692
>Occasional
>Adjective
>"Occurring, appearing, or done infrequently and irregularly"

This shit isn't any of those. It's every 30 seconds when not on a route, and, depending on if you fight trainers and frequency of wild spawns, ever minute.

Stop being such an apologist little shill.
>>
>>30025498
>jrpg's are dialogue heavy by nature
>BUT IT'S NOT OKAY WHEN POKEYMAN DOES IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30025417
It's worse than it is in Etrian Odyssey at least. And that's been adding too many recently as well.
>>
File: 1436829191593.png (438KB, 620x627px) Image search: [Google]
1436829191593.png
438KB, 620x627px
>>30024692
>gen 5 was too confusing to new players
>made more linear in 6 with some handholding
>apparently still too confusing
>gives you a map with the place you're supposed to go, PLUS shows you how to get there every step of the way

I fear for what gen 8 will bring us.
>>
>>30025554
Etrian Odyssey is a dungeon crawler.

RPG elements but not a JRPG.
>>
>>30024692
>i'm a GF apologist and I said you can't have opinions
fuck off OP, the cutscenes are awful
>>
>>30025508
Pokemon is a JRPG with a catching gimmick to it, so its your fault for not knowing what you're getting into.
>>
>>30025511
but anon every JRPG play like that, you're a casual gamer.
>>
>pokemon didn't have excessive mandatory dialogue until gen V
>w-what did you expect, it's a JRPG!
This is probably one of the worst apologist threads I have seen in a long time. Just because other games do it doesn't mean pokémon should. Pokémon was never about the story but about becoming the very best with your personally selected pokémon.
>>
File: 1479503057425s.jpg (3KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1479503057425s.jpg
3KB, 125x124px
>>30028332
It's not the fact that they are admittedly excessive with the handholding, I think it's just that we are tired of "RAUGH TRIGGERED STOP WITH THE STORY" threads fucking flooding /vp/.

Like, seriously, keep that shit contained like Phox Phriday or something. Nobody fucking cares that you have to press the A button more times than you want to.
>>
File: mondy.png (355KB, 396x425px) Image search: [Google]
mondy.png
355KB, 396x425px
>here and there
Yeah, more like "every 50 feet."

>b-but other JRPGs do this!
When's the last time you actually played one? Because none of the ones I've played recently do this.
However, they're made by competent devs.
>>
File: 1477262327230.png (36KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
1477262327230.png
36KB, 320x243px
>>30024692
>All these newfags who didn't play Colosseum or GoD
>>
>>30029051
>we
Fuck off.
>>
>>30029135
It statistically fucking impossible for just one user on a website available around the world that literally anyone can post on to have this viewpoint I have in this specific issue.

So yeah, WE. Suck it, and fuck off yourself.
>>
File: 1472526607788.png (100KB, 312x299px) Image search: [Google]
1472526607788.png
100KB, 312x299px
>>30024692
I'm pissed because I'm at the third hour of the game and the cutscenes still haven't slowed. If anything, they've gotten more frequent than ever before excluding the first hour of the game where you're literally not allowed to do anything at all.

I entered the town, got strongarmed by Hau into visiting the garden, got blocked by Lillie telling me to go to the garden and preventing me from going anywhere other than the garden, went to the garden and immediately got told by Hau that he'll search such-and-such even though he doesn't move from his spot, go through the garden path, get another cutscene with the professor, leave the garden, get an immediate cutscene with Lillie telling me to go to the library, walk two steps to the left, get ANOTHER cutscene where Oak appears and talks with Rotomdex and gives you directions to the place you were just told to go to, when do I get to play the fucking game? And this was right after going to Aether Base, which was one giant fifteen-minute-long interactive cutscene with one battle at the end. If we just had the Aether Base as a long cutscene-filled area, as an exception to the rule, and then they let the player breathe for a couple routes before returning to the story, that would be fine, but it's just nonstop in this game.

This isn't "the occasional 2 minute cutscene here and there," this is "the occasional 2 minutes of gameplay between mountains of cutscenes."

I've had this game since the 8th and I'm only this far because the amount of cutscenes is just fucking draining.

>>30024896
I never play multiplayer outside Showdown and I hate the amount of cutscenes in this game.
>>
>>30025447

>Reminding me of Persona 4's fucking 3 HOUR TUTORIAL

Yukiko's dungeon is hell for the impatient
>>
>>30025560
>implying it's a bad thing to have a marker to know where the next story event triggers so you can explore every area without having to worry you'll trigger a story event

You can tell me SM doesn't have much to explore but you can't deny the advantage this'll bring in future installments.
>>
>>30025485

>and I've sat through Persona 4's intro.

That's because you're a Chie/Yukiko fag with garbage taste
>>
>>30029379
>so you can explore every area without having to worry you'll trigger a story event
But you can't, because if you try and go anywhere except for the flag there will be a Tauros or Stoutland or Sudowoodu or roadblock or other miscellanea preventing you from going anywhere except for the very linear path they've carved out for you.
>>
>>30029423
Literally read the next god damn line.
>>
>>30025554
>EO being this bad
I'm new to the series, but you don't have a freaking cutscene every time you enter a new room.

This game is really boring me because of it. I can't imagine how this is going with kids.
>>
>>30029479
You actually think they're going to not railroad the fuck out of you in the next game?
Talk about naive.
>>
>>30029481
>This game is really boring me because of it.

I have never played an EO game, but aren't you enjoying the gameplay? Story isn't mandatory in a video game, not even in an RPG. One of my favorite JRPGs has a barebones story that you only ever see once in a while, usually when entering a new location or beating a boss and almost never otherwise.
>>
File: 1423791680182s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1423791680182s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>30025560
>gen 5 was too confusing to new players
Source? There's no way that game was confusing in any way.
>>
>>30029481
>>30029586
Disregard that I suck cocks, I misread your post as EO boring you for not having cutscenes every room, I realized you were talking about SM. Sorry.

>>30029602
He probably meant DPPt, not Gen V. Apparently a ton of Japanese kids got stuck in Mt. Coronet and complained.
>>
>>30029535
No you fucking retard. I'm saying there's no disadvantage to having a story marker.
>>
>>30029586
Oh no, I meant Sun is boring me. This fat guy wouldn't let me leave the Festival place goodness gracious. Finally leaving it. Call me bitter but I've never been this cynical towards a game this early on. X/Y wasn't bad, just bare bones. This is bare bones and boring. Not even Yokai Watch holds your hand this badly.

EO rarely bores me, I just get tired of losing against the Stratum boss and have to take a break.
>>
File: 1453064682609.jpg (398KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1453064682609.jpg
398KB, 1280x1556px
>>30029333
This is the truth. Notice how no GF apologist cucks are disputing this since they know it's the truth.

I want to like this game and I know it can be good but the nonstop cutscenes are making it actually painful to get through the first island.
>>
>>30029333
>third hour
*third island
>>
File: 1416263345428.jpg (37KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1416263345428.jpg
37KB, 500x738px
>>30024692
>occasional
>OCCASIONAL
>>
One of the things that was appealing about Pokemon was that it was more about the battling and mechanics with a sprinkling of storyline. This is endless cut-scenes every few steps thats wearing out my A button especially resetting for a good nature on my starter. Theres a reason JRPGs are dead and its not just because they got bitch slapped by Bethesda or just turned into fuel for the Yaoi industry
>>
>>30029678
Actually, no one wants to read your fucking wall of text
>>
>>30029699
>resetting for a good nature on my starter

I'll pray for your safety, anon. I reset for just gender and that took me one hour, I can't imagine how hard going for a specific nature is. At least you can see gender at the nickname screen so you only need to go through like 80% of the cutscene before knowing whether you need to reset.
>>
>>30024692
ITT: People who wish every game was MGS4 or FFXIII.

The cutscenes and the chain of events they start go on for up to an hour at a time.

And this is from someone who likes the cutscenes.

Stop whining about legitimate complaints, faggots.
>>
>>30029743
But I thought you weren't impatient :)
>>
>>30024692
>>30024715
>>30024751
The problem isn't ADD or being a kid or never playing a JRPG, it's just that the story is crap and Pokemon was always more gameplay-based than story-based.
>>
>>30029762

Ill take a beneficial nature any one of them but it takes 7 full minutes mashing A each time and I keep getting a Poppilio with shit like Brave Hasty or Impish that utterly fucks over this thing.
>>
File: Ace_fishing.png (175KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_fishing.png
175KB, 300x300px
>>30024692
>occasional cut scene
It's the other way around. In between cutscenes and tutorials there's the occasional gameplay.
>>
>>30029779

>FFXIII.

Square autists are the reason why Square as a company refuses to evolve and its killing it slowly
>>
>>30024751
>>30024715
>>30024692
Now this is shitposting.
>>
>>30030052
I just checked my Brionne's nature and I guess I got lucky when I got the female, since it has a Calm nature instead of something trashy.

>>30030072
Are you defending FFXIII?
>>
>>30024692
> 2 minute cutscene
> Don't get Pokémon till after 10 minutes of cutscenes/dialogue skipping at best

Play the game newfag, because its clear you haven't.
>>
>>30029632
I got stuck in Mt. Coronet for about a week, but the way they did it in Platinum fixed it enough to be just fine. I don't need the game to grab me by the hand and pull me from place to place while also blocking any other directions. It feels like it doesn't want me to play the game so much as for me to watch a 480p movie with subtitles rather than any sort of voicing.
>>
>>30029333
Fucking this.
I've enjoyed the game since last week for the new Pokemon, but the incessant cutscenes are driving me insane. It's like being in a traffic jam, where you're just barely inching along.
>>
>>30030090

I just got a Bold one.Good enough for me and a happy ending
>>
>>30030107
It struck me after encountering Tauros after the Trainer School and running the opposite direction that, for all the time I'd spent so far (a couple of hours at that point), I still hadn't gotten more than 100 feet from home.
>>
>cutscenes are fine
Bitch ass shitposter, I played all the way back from gen 1 and they only became terrible in gen 5.
Every gen since then has been bad or redeemed only by spinoffs.
>gen 5 has conquest
>gen 6 has super mystery dungeon
>gen 7 has yokai watch to move onto
>>
>>30025417
It's worse than final fantasy fucking thirteen and that game was hot garbage.
>>
>>30025447
At least in Persona 3 I could wander around the tower and battle, or try and fuse demons. Here I can only walk 3 steps into another cutscene, then when it finally ends have that rotom chuckle some stupid pun at me with a giant arrow pointing 3 more steps away to the next cutscene.
>>
I think the game would be better if Lillie replaced Rotom as the permanent but not actively intrusive traveling partner

You could probably trim off a lot of cutscenes just by not needing the MC and her to constantly catch up to each other
>>
>>30030493

All Persona 3 girls are worst Waifus.
>>
>tfw I have ADHD and my mind is constantly wandering
>tfw it doesn't bother me except when it comes to SRing shit

It's almost like I enjoy playing RPGs or something.
>>
You know what makes it so disappointing? The game is actually kind of challenging, and the setting is great.

Like I don't give a fuck about super open world shit, linear with a few side areas is fine, and this game offers that, but it just doesn't let me fucking play the game, it's going to kill replays because I can't skip all the scenes.

This game would be so fucking good without all the interruptions, easy shoe-in for GOAT.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.