[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>smogon already thinking of banning Kartana, Tapu lele and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: b101_logo.png (23KB, 442x342px) Image search: [Google]
b101_logo.png
23KB, 442x342px
>smogon already thinking of banning Kartana, Tapu lele and Pheromosa because they wreck stall

Don't mind Pheromosa being banned because she's busted but why the fuck does Smogon always try to make stall work?
It's annoying as fuck to play against and Nintendo has been trying to gut it every gen, stall cryers are the fucking worst

Stop banning every new mon that's not even OP in general just because they wreck stall
>>
None of those are Ubers tier busted.

Pheremosa dies in 1 hit from essentially anything.

It may have few counters but it has infinite checks.
>>
>>30023907
Sabeleye got banned.
>>
Stall is just used as a justification to ban a Pokémon that's too powerful. Stall is also a type of play style and a Pokémon that also happens to ruin play style is bad for the meta game. You could reverse the rollls but there aren't that many stall Pokémon that are banned compared to Pokémon with high offensive stats.
>>
>>30023948
this

pheromosa can wreck shit but almost anything with priority will just fuck its day up
>>
>>30023973
Because they banned every other mon that could shit on stall with sableye, so even if they remove it stall is still plenty safe with all those offensive threats gone.

>>30023989
It's an archaic playstyle that has not been designed or balanced towards, it only exists because Smogon keeps it alive by removing otherwise balanced mons
>>
>>30023989
What didn't deserve a ban in your eyes?
>>
>>30023907
>Kartana
>Tapu Lele
Lolno they aren't
>>
>ADHD fags always complaining about stall
lmao youtube generation everybody
>>
>>30024104
In the meta thread yes they are, the mons I listed along with Greninja and Hoopa U again, because surprise surprise muh stall
>>
>Pheromosa
Both megazards fuck it up
>>
File: 1472796312547.jpg (118KB, 627x477px) Image search: [Google]
1472796312547.jpg
118KB, 627x477px
>>30024124
>>
>>30023907
I don't think Nintendo really wants it non-viable because it's a shitty non-fun strategy as much they want official tourneys to move the fuck along and conclude quickly.
>>
>>30024124
This isn't about gameplay vs stall. Stall has been babied and catered to more than any other playstyle
>>
>>30024129
Or maybe because they shat on every other playstyle too. Gren was busted because it was too hard to predict.
>>
The real question is why do people follow their rules like blind sheep and force other people to play by them?
>>
>>30024129
No they aren't, I posted in that thread and no one playing either on the Future server or on the main server fucking think that. I've also played over 40 games so far and those mons are NOT broken.
>>
>>30024189
A lot of reason is cited to be; too threatening to stall
>>
If Gamefreak really is trying to kill the stall playstyle, then they're doing an abysmally shit job at it because they created Toxipex.
>>
>>30024220
It's their server. It's not like you gotta follow the rules when you challenge a friend.
>>
>>30024013
Just like Deoxys' Normal form but it still got banned because it hits too hard. The same logic will be applied to Pheromosa most likely.

>>30023907
>>smogon already thinking of banning Kartana, Tapu lele and Pheromosa because they wreck stall

Link to thread?
>>
>>30024130
252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 175-208 (58.9 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 263-309 (88.5 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
>>
>>30024068
You don't get it. The only reason stall still exists as a play style is because there some below-uber tier Pokémon that cater to stall more so than being purely offensive. If a Pokémon can simply blasts through those pokemon defenses, than the meta just evolves into "who has the fastest mom out on the field". And the meta game starts to revolve around those certain strong Pokémon because nothing can take a hit or can whittle it down. But It's Pokémon, the metagame will never be balanced. You'll always have something that's overused because if you ban something, the next strongest thing will take its spot. Stall is a useful tool to indicate just how strong a Pokémon is. And then you try to balance the game based on that. It's a neat process by smogon but it's funny that you mention they're already thinking of banning stuff.

>>30024092
free mega fug is all I say
>>
>>30024285
Show these cites. Because I'm not seeing them.
>>
>>30024402
How about you check the suspect testing thread instead and see how many of it is muh stall
>>
I don't like the sound of Ultra Beasts at all running around in the metagame at all, especially Kartana and Pheromosa. However I primarily play Battle Spot and unless UB are not permitted there, I'm just going to have to deal with it. I hope they're not as bad as they seem on paper.
>>
>>30024430
Kill yourself, no one wants to ban anything but Pheromosa, Aegislash and Genesect
>>
>>30024430
This thread has just been you lying, exaggerating, and deflecting. You clearly suck at the game, or just don't enjoy it. Either is fine, but hating this hard on a fan made ruleset is silly.
>>
anyone else find it hypocritical that shitting on Stall is bad and banworthy but they refused to do anything about Skarmbliss in Gen 2?
>>
Everyone i've seen has wanted to ban Aegis. Hoopa can't break stall with Pheromosa/Genesect in every team.
Greninja is forced to run extrasensory for Toxapex and even then it doesn't really punish it that much because of regenerator
I've yet to see a single Kartana do anything useful
Xurkitree is snowbally but also really easy to deal with specially with Dugtrio everywhere.
Pheromosa is aids but Aegis and Volcarona cuck it hard.
Celesteela is a meme, haven't seen it do much.
Zygarde is broken beyond belief and it will be even more broken once Thousand Arrows come out
Koko is really good
Lele is amazing
Bulu is a bro for balance
Fini may see some play in offense but besides that she's too overshadowed
Toxapex is top tier amazing 10/10 would marry
Guzzlord is shit
Nihilego is mediocre but it did tank an earth power from my Heatran so that's impressive
Buzzswole is ok, kinda a mix between Conkeldurr and Heracross but without guts,
I've yet to see Kartana do much, it usually drops to any spatk but I can see why stall would have trouble with it.
Magearna is hard to predict but hasn't been dangerous for me at all.
Salazzle is alright but it's easy to wall.
Mimikyu is gimmicky but can clean up late
Necrozma is shit
Minior is fun
>>
>>30024676
>Zygarde is broken beyond belief and it will be even more broken once Thousand Arrows come out

I thought Zygarde was shit. How is it broken?
>>
>>30024676
>even more broken once Thousand Arrows come out
Isn't that a cube tutor?
>>
>>30023907
I have a feeling Lele will be the final nail on Mega Gard. She's moving down to BL for sure.
>>
>>30024676
>Pheromosa is aids but Aegis and Volcarona cuck it hard
252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 203-238 (54.2 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
Wait wait wait

I haven't paid attention to Smogon in months

Sableye is in Ubers now? Did I hear that correctly? Fucking Sableye??
>>
>>30024792
MSableye got banned, then the same day it got unbanned because the meta switched to SM
>>
>>30024789
>Guaranteed KO after rocks
I'm sensing bias.
>>
File: 1476097081063.jpg (47KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1476097081063.jpg
47KB, 500x412px
>>30024789
>252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 156-183 (41.7 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>Volcarona's flame body!
>>
>>30023948
So does Deoxys N/A and both of them are Ubers.
>>
File: strong.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
strong.png
13KB, 256x256px
>>30024013
>almost anything with priority will just fuck its day up

What priority?
>>
>>30024876
Deoxys N has even higher attack and SLIGHTLY better bulk.

Also better movepool
>>
>>30023907
Sauce on those bans?
>>
>>30024789
Flame body retard
>>
How is midday Lycanroc looking? I'm guessing RU or BL2 maybe? It looks pretty good other than no EQ and being able to fuck Volcarona and Charizard Y is cool
>>
>>30024959
OP is a lying faggot. People just want to ban pheromosa and aegis
>>
>>30024727
If anything triggers the transformation it becomes ridiculous to stop for anything that doesn't carry Ice Beam or STAB Ice/Fairy coverage
Even after all that if it boosts then it can even beat Weavile and Scarf Kyu-B making those checks pretty shaky.
>>
They also banned face of Gen 6 Stall M-Sableye. But are you honestly saying that something with Moxie good coverage and offense higher than Deoxys attack, one of the best typings and sky high speed with decent defense and moxie isn't a little too powerful.
>>
>>30025695
On the last day of the metagame?
>>
>>30025703
And? They still did.
>>
>>30023907
Link to thread.

Some random shitter's post doesn't count.
>>
>>30025712
>hurr they banned MSableye on a day where the meta will forever remain unaffected to the general userbase
Kill yourself stall apologist, what you brought up only highlighted the special snowflake treatment stall receives.
>>
>>30023907
Post source you lying fag.
>>
>>30025746
Ok how about this? How is Tapu Lele even threatening to stall? If anything it's more of a problem for offense given how often HO uses priority by comparison
>>
>>30025746
ORAS will forever have Sableye banned. We'll just have to wait and see for SM.
>>
>>30026120
If it breaks stall then it probly breaks most other teams. Is that safe to say?
>>
I'd rather see Bulu go away.
>>
>>30026120
Tapu Lele is threatening to stall because the specs sets obliterates anything that isn't dark type or a very bulky steel, the latter of which are trapped anyways.

It has 130 base SpA and a free 50% boost upon entry thanks to Psychic Terrain..effectively, this makes it an adaptability mon with Psychic STAB. It's basically Crawdaunt with good speed and bulk and defensive typing.

But no one wants to ban it so ignore OP.
>>
>>30026230
>general userbase
No one gives a shit about 1% of showdown players playing pre gen 7 OU
>>
File: bulutran.jpg (19KB, 603x278px) Image search: [Google]
bulutran.jpg
19KB, 603x278px
>>30026575
But we're just getting to know each other!

AV Bulu is so fucking good.
>>
>>30026724
I've been using a banded Bulu and nuking everything in sight.
>>
>>30024124
Yes! I agree fellow stallbro!
Nothing like waiting 150 turns for that +30 ELO! :^)
>>
File: 1477605064765.gif (636KB, 145x169px) Image search: [Google]
1477605064765.gif
636KB, 145x169px
>>30026753
I can imagine that thing hurting like mad.
>mfw OHKOing a Pelipper with wood hammer
>mfw healing up on a Tapu Koko who tried to act cute near me with Leech Horn right after.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 450x301px
>>30024873
>252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona
>30% happen chance
>>
>>30026853
>Not knowing Bulkarona
Can set up on Latios
>>
I found this funny.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-478753826
>>
>>30024602

Blissey and Chansey were both suspect worthy at some point but never got tested.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.