[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people hating SM due to cutscenes Have you all forgotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 39234783297235.png (566KB, 636x543px) Image search: [Google]
39234783297235.png
566KB, 636x543px
>people hating SM due to cutscenes
Have you all forgotten how many times you got interrupted in the Gen 5 games?
>>
>>30022391
Considering they're impossible to replay for that reason, no I have not forgotten.
>>
>>30022409
Sun and moon must be completely unplayable for you
>>
>>30022391
Only BW had excessive cutscenes, and only up to Castelia City.

Not that I'm defending the BW cutscenes, I love the game but the first hour is shit.
>>
>>30022444
When was the last time you played BW? There's at least one cutscene in every town, usually more. It doesn't stop until post game.
>>
>>30022431
Haven't gotten far, but yeah, not loving the cutscenes so far.

Definitely not going to replay it when I finish it.
>>
>>30022444
there's cutscenes literally everywhere, basically every city entrance/exit, in fucking spiral mountain, the electric cave, etc.

I replayed B/W for the first time in 5 years recently and holy shit, there's way too much fucking talk.

>*mom calls you*
>"Be good to your pokemon!"
>interruption of 30 seconds for no reason whatsoever
>>
>>30022497
Pokémon games aren't meant to be replayed anyways. You only have one save file.
>>
>>30022391
I've only played White 2, but I really don't remember cutscenes being that bad.
>>
>>30022506
I don't have S/M yet but from watching playthroughs it looks to be the same thing. You're literally stopped at every corner by either Lillie or Hau.
>>
>>30022490
I said excessive cutscenes. One a town isnt so bad but up to Catselia you'd get at least two in every town, route and side area.
>>
>>30022391

at least the cut scenes were interesting and important to the story. sun and moon its just garbage.
>>
>>30022391
They are not as intrusive as the ones in SM

Also the only " cutscene" in BW2 is when the plasma boat freezes that city
>>
>>30022760
I can think of at least four in Nimbasa, and after that there's usually one when you get to a new city, one after the gym, and then another one on the next route at least. It's not as excessive as SM but it's still overkill.
>>
/vp/ is the only place on the internet that sucks gen 5's cock so hard it practically tears the skin off

i don't understand either, OP
>>
>>30023425
They are underages who played gen 5 as their first pokemon games.

As someone who's been playing since gen 1 I can also say that SM sucks fucking shit though.
>>
>>30022391
thats why i hate it too
>>
>>30022391
I remember when BW2 let you save right before choosing your partner pokemon and then right after.

Man wasn't THAT annoying
>>
BW2 is a really boring game imo,and i loved the first game really weird.

SM are really good desu. But Platinum is my fav
>>
>>30023474
>As a genwunner
Your opinion doesn't mean shit either, senpai.
>>
>>30023425
I honestly don't remember BW to have too many cutscenes. I remember the start of the game was a little overbearing, but the rest of the game seemed like an acceptable amount.
>>
>>30022391
Wasn't as bad and a lot of the interruptions had battles accompanying them. And it wasn't always a result of hand holding either.
>>
>>30022391
Of course I haven't that's why Gen 5 is a shit gen.

And Gen 7 is shit too because of it.
>>
>>30022391
d-delet this
>>
>>30023425
And then we have fags like you who lynch 5th Gen for every little detail.
>>
>>30023474
Nigga, Silver was my first Pokemon game

Black 2 is literally the magnum opus of the series, I'm 23 years old.

S/M is shit compared to Gen 5
>>
>>30024078
>m-my first game was *insert le ebin genwun/two game here* and B2W2 are teh best games evar, I swear!!

You aren't fooling anyone, unovabortion.
>>
>>30024431
This reply is pretty pathetic. I doubt you're above the age of 18.
>>
>>30024431
a number of genwun fans actually like gen 5 because it was the first gen to actually feel fresh instead of seeing the same old shit over and over
>>
>>30024431
>d-do I fit in?
>>
No and I hated it then too. This gen started that shit.That nigga N talked too much about pokemon this and pokemon that. I'm sitting there thinking about how the fuck am I gonna catch everything when they shutdown the online. fucking cutscenes
>>
BW2 isn't that good as vp make it too be.
I think i even sold it,because i didn't found the game fun at all,trough i still play BW1 when i want a GEN 5 nostalgia playtrough,trough.
>>
>>30024535
>gets BTFO
>better not refute any of his points and just call him pathetic, that will show him!

This is why a lot of /vp/ has recently started shitting on Gen 5, because unovabortions are one of the most obnoxious, cancerous groups of fanbases there is.
>>30024577
Genwunners don't refer to those whose first game was RBGY, but rather, those whose favorite games are the first gen; these people hate Gen V the absolute most.
>>
>>30022391
Most games post emerald are pretty bad about interrupting you every route or so honestly.

I've never been able to get past Elesa every time I try to replay White because of it and Platinum is so fucking dull I'm lucky if I can get to Gardenia before falling asleep, even randomiser runs don't help much.

Ironically enough I think OmegaRuby would be the easiest of the most recent pokemon games to replay if only because they don't fuck around and let you run right off the bat
>>
There really arenALOHA
>>
>>30024697
He's right though, what is there to refute from a shItty childish insult.

Also, how are """Unovabortions""" so bad when 5th Gen is constantly beaten into the ground as the """absolute worst in the series"""? There wouldn't be so much defense for the games in the first place if guys like you didn't treat it like it killed your dog and raped your family members. The over the top hate for Gen 5 started all this, and you have only yourselves to blame.
>>
>>30024856
>unovabortions blaming others for their problems

Holy shit, you guys really are the niggers of the Pokemon fanbase.
>>
>>30025030
Y'know, why don't you explain it all to me? What is 5th Gen's problem, and why are """unobabortions""" in the wrong? I want to understand why this gen and anyone who likes it needs to be treated like outcasts in the fanbase.
>>
>>30024431
I've never been falseflagged like this in my life
I'm not an "Unovaborn" or whatever this shit is, I really am a 23 year old who loves Black 2 more than anything else

But if you want to live in your little false reality, that's fine by me, whatever helps you get through the day
>>
>>30024697
I'm not the one you were replying to, and you only made yourself look pathetic.
>>
>>30025133
don't bother. i bet that anon is the same one who posts shopped metacritic scores that deliberately places gen 5 games last just to bait people
>>
>>30024431
It's kinda funny Gen 6 got me back into the series after being a Genwunner

Unova is the best
>>
File: oprah book.gif (965KB, 340x188px) Image search: [Google]
oprah book.gif
965KB, 340x188px
>>30025233
>Gen 6 got me back into the series after being a Genwunner
>Unova is the best
>>
Comparing one shitty game with tons of cutscenes to another shitty game with tons of custscenes doesn't make Sun & Moon better. It emphasises both Gen's games suck.
>>
SM is worse. Especially on the first island.
>>
>>30025493
Just a nostalgiafag

I grew out of it when XY came out, then I played all the other games

[spoilee]I replayed gen 6 and it was shit compared to gen 3/4/5
>>
>>30022391
Gen 5 had a good story though.
>>
>>30022391

Unlike SM, BW(2)'s cutsccenes, all except a few are ingame, so mashing through them is a lot fast ther mashing through SM cutscenes.

Also the amount of times you get interupped in Gen 5 is not even comparable to SM. At least I get to walk a whole route without Lillie telling me that she wants to be stronger, but refuses to get a Pokemon.
>>
File: file.png (106KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
106KB, 282x282px
>>30022391
>Get pokemon and rival fight immediatly
>Expect to rush right into route 1
>Have to take first steps with autistic best friends outside of town
>Can't trade for at least another hour because of Plasma Introduction, N Introduction and Fight and then the Gym
>>
>>30022391
There is a difference between a 5 minute cutscene once every city or every other route in BW and 10 minute cutscenes every 5 minutes in SM.
>Cutscenes when you enter a route
>Cutscenes when youre in reach the middle of the route
>Cutscenes at the end of a route
>Cutscenes when you enter a city
>Cutscenes in the middle of a city
>Cutscenes as you exit
>Most of said cutscenes are fuck useless dialogue of Lillie repeating that she has no Pokemon or people sucking PC's cock.

What makes all of it worse is that you cannot even explore the area because anywhere 10 feet away at that moment is blocked off by an NPC.
>>
>>30025608
It's probably because you said gen 6 which takes place in Kalos, but then went on to say Unova is the best
>>
>>30026466
Best part is you're not allowed to go 5 feet in any further direction.
>Go through cutscene to get to the second island, nothing actually happens
>Get to the city, another cutscene where nothing happens except you get to meet some characters for no good reason
>Could have been replaced with everyone going "I'm going to [whatever], see ya!", and the prof waving
>Two buildings that serve no actual function are able to be visited before hitting roadblocks forcing another cutscene with Lillie all of 2 seconds from the previous one
>Said cutscene could have been replaced with "I'm going to meet someone at the hotel"

It's the roadblocks that get on my nerves more, but how slow the cutscenes are with the animations and no actual information being given are second.
>>
>>30022391
Actually yeah, I did

Still gonna complain though
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.