[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walk 3 paces >cutscene >walk 5 more paces >cutscene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1465876772614.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1465876772614.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>walk 3 paces
>cutscene
>walk 5 more paces
>cutscene
>finally get to walk 10 paces without a cutscene, it's finally looking like the game is done holding my hand an I can do my own thing
>CUTSCENE
>2 HOURS IN
PLEASE TELL ME SUN/MOON GETS BETTER
>>
>>30021498
the event markers are on the map so you don't run into another cutscene without doing all the exploring and grinding you want in that area. it's the same as most previous pkmn games, just now you know where progression is so you don't accidentally trigger it.
TDLR: Don't always go rushing towards that quest marker.
>>
>>30021498
So this is your first pokemon game then?
>>
By the time I left the main city with all the shops and shit, the annoying handholding tutorials and cutscenes died off
>>
I just wish it wouldn't go to black just to put my character 2 steps away when I try to go through a roadblock.
>>
Just finished first island and it seemed like the entire thing was a glorified tutorial.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 556x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 556x721px
Just wait until you've beaten the Champion,

Know true cutscenes hell.
>>
>>30021498
It ends at postgame

>>30021553
If you say back then we had just as much cutscenes you're genuinely retarded
>>
>>30021553

I'm sorry were there 15 cutscenes in the first two hours of any games before gen 5?
>>
File: analogiezz.jpg (20KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
analogiezz.jpg
20KB, 500x356px
>>
>>30021549
That's all well and dandy when there isn't some fucknut blocking alternative paths
>>
>>30021498
I told you guys this but everyone called me barneyfag.
>>
>>30021721
More like gen I-4 and gen 5+.
>>
>>30021721
I don't get it.
>>
>>30021768
then you're literally retarded
>>
>>30021734
when has this ever NOT been a thing though. the routes are definitely more exploratory than other 3DS entries.
Also the long trek up Poni Island and through the Poni Gauntlet in the postgame is brutal. It's a task to even get to the battle tree, and no interruptions.
It honestly took me two play sessions to reach the battle tree, and the fact that there's only one PMC nearby halfway across the island makes it even more brutal.
>>
>>30021768
Probably all the friend characters getting in the way of the object in Pokemon, exploring.
>>
I just realized that more than half of these cutscenes exist solely to railroad children in the right direction. You're probably saying "hurr durr that's obvious" but seriously, they serve no practical purpose for the plot or anything else necessary. A fucking over-glorified cutscene that exists solely to guide you 90 degrees, 2 paces away in the right direction? Give me a break.
>>
>>30021768
the original image, iirc, was about how men and women take photographs -- men photographing an object, and women taking selfies with it. which is untrue/unfair, but the image has been repurposed to imply that in recent pokemon games you have random crap characters at every bend waiting to explain things and show them to you, etc, etc, etc whereas previously exploration was more organic.
>>
>>30021641
>GF
>competent programmers
Pick one.
>>
>>30021779
>Also the long trek up Poni Island and through the Poni Gauntlet in the postgame is brutal.
Nice non-sequitur dipshit.
>>
>>30021871
>the original image, iirc, was about how men and women take photographs -- men photographing an object, and women taking selfies with it

It's not that they're selfies, it's that said selfies get in the way of us seeing the object
>>
>>30021553
Is this yours? Fucking underage.
>>
>>30021868
And the other half are meant to remind you that Lillie hates seeing Pokemon get hurt

I wonder if any localizers were tempted to slip in a single, "I love when they get hurt"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.