[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get this fucking game. I'm walking around with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 2

File: Squirtle sugimori.jpg (6KB, 199x192px) Image search: [Google]
Squirtle sugimori.jpg
6KB, 199x192px
I don't get this fucking game. I'm walking around with a team of lv14-18 Pokemon, and trainers all have lv9-12 Pokemon. Not only that, but they all have ONE fucking Pokemon. This is beyond pathetic, fuck's wrong with these devs?
>>
>>30016364
You got memed on son. Enjoy your -40 dollars. :3c
>>
>>30016364
Can't risk pissing off the children.
>>
>>30016409
>>30016382
what the fuck? it's not like the games before that were hard... who asked for this shit? iirc ru/sa and d/p/p were decently challenging
>>
>>30016518
We've known it for weeks now. It's your own fault for still buying the games.
>>
>>30016364
Because Pokemon is an overrated series that brings in the dough from a blind fanbase that'll buy the game anyways regardless of how good it actually is. Solely because it has the name Pokemon on it.

tl;dr Pokemon is a Power Brand that has no need to improve.
>>
>>30016364
>lv14-18

Then how about you don't fucking grind, you casual?
>>
>>30016364
The storyline is for 10 year olds you fucking retard. The postgame is online battling and trading. Git fucking rekt.
>>
>>30016364
Next gen they'll hand you prize money just for showing up
>>
You think that's bad, I bought both games!
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 250x250px
>>30016603
>git rekt for wanting a good game
go to sleep ohmori
>>
go nuzlocke. problem solved.
>>
>>30016518
They gave a bullshit excuse for not adding in a hard mode, something about mastering the new mechanics like Z-moves or something?
>>
>>30016678
The story part of the game has always been garbage sine gen 1. If you know anything about type advantages, ev, or ivs then its fucking ez pz. Literally the only challenging thing in these games is PvP. And it has always been this way.
>>
>>30016598
If you're trying to make the argument that only through "grinding" (in a game with exp scaling no less) does one exceed the level of the area then it's not a very sound one.
>>
>>30016603
>The postgame is online battling and trading.
Well that's too bad.
>>
Use it as an opportunity to train more than six Pokemon for your team
>>
>>30016728
no one plays Pokemon for challenge

but that doesn't mean shit like >>30016364 is in any way excusable

when a pre-battle cutscene lasts longer than the actual battle it's just a bad game deisgn by definition
>>
>>30016598
>implying that grinding is the only way to be overleveled in XY through SM
>>
>>30016364
Turn off easy mode (exp. share) anon
>>
What if they put in level scaling?
>>
>>30016824
It's simply a waste of time. If you're wasting my time with a trainer battle that just matches the level of the area AND has only one mon, you might as well not have trainers there.
>>
>>30016728
What point are you trying to make? That making the games even easier is ok because they weren't 'that hard' to begin with? That sure doesn't sound very valid to me.
>>
>>30016364
It does get harder. I'm using no exp share, no refresh and set battle style and the challenge is decent.
>>
>>30016876
What difference does that make anyway? So instead of a team of lv16s you'll have one lv16 one shotting everything followed by a team of lv13s.
>>
>>30016911
If it aint broke dont fix it. These games are formulaic as fuck and the storyline is for fucking 6 year olds. You are playing a childrens game for fucks sake.
>>
>>30016957
>not leveling your team equally
>>
>>30016364
Post picture of your team.
>>
Pssssh, pokemon was never hard anyway, what are you a baby?
>>
>>30016993
kind of a hassle. it's a pikachu/rattata/pikipek evo/meowth/cutiefly
>>
>>30016966
>If it aint broke dont fix it
And that has what to do with this? The changes or 'fix' they made was making it easier. So are you saying that yes, it is dumb that the games are easier? That they aren't easier? That it doesn't matter that they're easier?
I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just confused as to why you've decided to throw in that phrase, when it barely relates to this at all.
>>
>>30016364
Pretty glad I didn't buy this game

Think I'll go buy SS and Black 1 since I pirated those games and feel bad considering the DS era was the peak of the series
>>
>>30016681

has anyone else been having a lot of difficulty nuzlocking this game? totem pokemon/double wild battles have been fucking me over. I hate hyper fang.
>>
>>30017061
>kind of a hassle

shut the fuck up and post a picture
>>
>>30016957
If you run a full team of 6 without Exp share, you'll match the enemy levels and eventually even fall behind them. Not using Exp Share will get you to the E4 at around L45-50, when they have pokemon in the mid 50s
>>
>>30017075
In my opinion the games have always been this easy, even gen 1 was easy as fuck for j-rpg standards. You and many others are overlooking the fact that the target audience for these games isnt people who are your age. The target audience is little kids.
>>
>>30017194
Huh so they scaled it under the assumption you will use exp share?
>>
>>30016364
Don't battle every trainer. Leveling is so fast with the Exp Share that you can skip most battles.
>>
>>30017243
Not really, I think this happens in any game you opt to run with a full team instead of just soloing with your starter.

Exp Share lets a person run a full team while still keeping the game stupid easy
>>
>>30016364
Turn off exp share
Don't use Amie
Battle style set
Train a full team at least by island 3
>>
>>30016364
nothing. you're just retarded and are either brand new to pokemon or are whining about a """problem""" that has not only been around in every single generation, but is not a glitch but a Feature. pokemon games have never been hard, you're just either a sensationalist or think having a full team of six overleveled pokemon isn't your own doing. just like you'd whine that people who don't use the exp share are imposing their own difficulty, you are imposing your own easiness. get over yourself, grow up, and take it easy.
>>
>>30016518
>ru/sa
obvious bait, stop trying, youve invalidated your opinions as likely not even true to you. stop shitposting
>>
>>30016881
would make it impossible for/would heavily push away children and casuals.
>>
>>30017175
still waiting, OP
>>
How hard was hard mode in Pokemon Black & White 2 and why do we not have another hard mode again?
>>
>>30018327
decently hard. Hardest game to nuzlocke (or maybe on par with Platinum) with challenge mode on anyway.
>>
>>30018327
We don't have another Hard Mode because Gamefreak goes by the logic of having each Pokemon game have something "unique" to them, so that they don't become obsolete later

It's why HG/SS is the only Pokemon game which features your top Pokemon to follow you around
>>
vp what would you recommend to make the game interesting, I'm by the second Island and already bored and I've tried a nuzlocke and I'm still bored.
>>
>>30019002
A new team from scratch after each Grand Trial.
>>
>>30019002
leave pokemon
it will happen sooner or later anyway
>>
>>30016364
You're supposed to catch an entirely new team for every gym.
>>
>>30016364
Stop overtraining your Pokemon and learn to manage exp distribution. And if your using exp share, for goodness sake, turn it off. I'm half through the game and my mind are still comfortably 3-5 levels below the competition.
>>
>>30019825
This anon gets it.
>>
>>30019962
mind
mons*

autocorrect pls nerf
>>
I just cycle Pokemon so that I can get Evolutions and have a decent roster of various Pokemon that I think would be fun to use.
>>
>>30016364
"B-but Shofu said they were the best Pokemon games! Are you saying that a guy that was given a free review copy of the game and that pays his bills by making Pokemon videos would overhype a Pokemon game?!"
>>
Nearly all the new Pokemon are ugly anyway so I plan on using my starter, Mimikyu once it bcomes available, and a couple HM slaves.
>>
>>30020188
The way the story is meant to be played desu. If you just use six pokemon, you're asking for ezmode.
>>
>>30020295
Bullshit. Then you shouldn't be allowed to have 6 in total in the first place. Either you're a retard or Game Freak is.
>>
>>30020268
>and a couple HM slaves.
HMs aren't in the game anymore
>>
>>30020412
you okay bud
>>
>plays kids game
>complains that it's easy
>kek
>>
> getting mad that children's games in the "spoodfeed me" era are spoodfeeding

You're welcome to hop in your time machine and play games from the 70s if you like, m8.
>>
>>30019002
Give all pokemon an everstone / press B on all evolutions. It's not much but eh.
>>
To all the people spouting bullshit like "Pokemons always heen this way" im pretty sure i fought standard trainers with more than one pokemon each in other games. Sure it wasnt difficult but it wasnt just sad like this game
>>
>>30020591
who are you quoting
>>
>>30020767
What did you expect when your rival picks a disadvantage type pokemon against yours. This game is designed to cater to casuals even more.
>>
>>30021390
Yeah Hau's only purpose is to give you a bunch of free exp. The only time I could ever see him being troublesome is if you went Water for your starter thanks to his Pikachu.
>>
>>30017233
Not overlooking that it is for kids, don't try and put me into a box. I'm well aware who the game is for. The fact of the matter is that 6 and 7 are easier than previous games and this can't be argued against.
>>
>>30017527
>>30017527
>>30017527
>>30017527
>>30017527
This a thousand times.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.