[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While you all sperg over SM, I want to talk about something that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1478462351951.jpg (28KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1478462351951.jpg
28KB, 550x550px
While you all sperg over SM, I want to talk about something that's been on my mind: Pokemon Go.

The dust has settled at this point: all outlets suggest Go is as close to dead as a Pokemon game could be, and Niantic's continuing inaction reinforces it.

Does anyone else get the sense that Niantic dropped the ball on something that could have brought Pokemon back to its former glory?

Maybe it's not what fans wanted but the masses adored it- at least, for the few weeks before Niantic showed clearly that they had no interest in maintaining the game.

Updates take weeks to release and increasingly add less and less. Several I can remember in the past months were entirely consistent of "minor bug fixes"- while glitches like enemy pokemon refusing to die for 20, 30 seconds remained perfectly untouched.

It wasn't long before even normies started lamenting the lack of support the game got. Clearly, it seemed, Niantic made their ROI and didn't give a shit about the game anymore.

What does this mean for the future? To me, it means two things:

1) Normies might become more critical of TPCi after it allowed this game to simply die

2) A game like Pokémon Go can never happen again.

The second is especially tragic: seeing throngs of people in city centers all going out for Pokémon was eerie and moving at the same time, and that level of influence is something I'd never seen a game do before. It was... Quite beautiful.

What are your thoughts? Are you as frustrated with Niantic as I am?
>>
Your image describes my feelings on your post.
>>
>>30011984

Should've added more pokemon with every month

Like, it didn't even have to be whole gens. It could be like 'hey, to celebrate halloween we're going to add the following NEW ghost pokemon to the game!'
>>
inb4 OP makes a genuine and concise thread about a game that generated a lot of attention and everyone shits on OP instead of giving genuine, well thought out responses.
>>
>>30012046
>genuine
>HURR GO IS DEAD
>HURR NIANTIC DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE
>when we literally just found Gen 2 Pokémon placeholder data in the files a few weeks ago
>along with a working Transform
You and OP can fuck off. I agree with this guy >>30012003
>>
>>30012046
Let me pontificate what is wrong with his post.
>using the phrase "All outlets suggest" when the real question is numbers fromt he game itself.
>Pokemon Go isn't actually dead yet.
>Having huge releases all the time is typically a bad idea for a mobile based game for server reasons
>My town has weekly Pokemon Go meetups near the city's civic center.

I can understand OPs concern, but it reflects the case of Pokemon in general. It never died, it never stopped being a juggernaut, it's just not talked about as much until something brings a surge back.
>>
>>30011984
I haven't played Pokemon GO myself so I can't comment on the quality, but it's got a lot of my friends back into Pokemon so I think it's still ended up as a success for Gamefreak in the long run. I doubt that SM would of got nearly as many pre-orders without it.
>>
>>30012109
So what you're saying is that because you found Gen 2 (which everyone knew was coming within a few months anyway) that atones for the fact that:

-Until two weeks ago or so gym battles meant that you fought for 20 minutes to capture a gym for less than 5 if you were lucky
-There still isn't a way to accurately gauge the location of nearby Pokémon
-most important mechanics of the game were (and some still are) heavily obfuscated and left up to suspicion; few can explain how it ticks
-One can count the times that Niantic /added/ something to the game on a hand
-enemy Pokemon can be reduced to 1 HP but then can tank two perfect-IV Vaporeon Hydro Pumps before the game figures out it's supposed to be dead

And more and more and more.
>>
>>30012252
Literally all of those things are completely wrong. Here's your one and only (You).
>>
>>30012341

These are all based off of personal experience with the game and I haven't seen a single patch note that has (correctly) claimed to fix any of those problems.

So I'm gonna call bullshit on you. Prove to me that Niantic fixed their game.
>>
>>30012372
How do we know this isn't all just your shoddy connection and own incompetence?
>>
>30012372
I thought I told you I wasn't giving you any more (You)s
If you're too retarded to check the patch notes along with the official Twitter feed and play the current version of the game that's your problem
>>
>>30012436

On connection, I live in a suburb of a major tech city.

On incompetence, I can't see how you could attribute missing features and blatant bugs to /my/ incompetence.

>>30012453

I've read every patch note since release, waiting for Niantic to address my grievances. Nothing ever said "Added PokeRadar" or whatever its called now, and the one that said "fixed Pokemon not dying at 1HP" in practice only applied to MY pokemon, not the enemy's. in fact it felt like enemy pokemon ended up in that state MORE often than before.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.