[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I want to become a trainer so I can travel by your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: CxisTRdVQAADg6Q.jpg (142KB, 896x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CxisTRdVQAADg6Q.jpg
142KB, 896x1199px
>"I want to become a trainer so I can travel by your side..:"
>there are people in /vp/ RIGHT NOW in denial about Lillie being (your) love interest

Even this was framed romantically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKfvMb3fihQ
>>
>>30011812
They can deny all they want, the shipping will not stop, not for years to come.
>>
>>30011812
Lillie isn't your love interest. She's Hau's. She even leaves him a love letter.
>>
>>30012071
What? The letter was from Lillie to MC.
>>
>>30011812
Shes just a really nice friend, she has been sheltered her whole life so she doesnt know how to act socially appropriate.
>>
>>30012071
She and Hau are hardly ever in the same room together, the two of you get all the good scenes, like being stuck in the rain and being the first to see her in her new clothes.
>>
>>30012195
Or riding Solgaleo with her holding onto you. Or going to meet Top Kek at the end and then watching the fireworks together.
>>
>>30011812
I'm not surprised.
There are people who still don't accept that Brendan/May are a couple. I kind of expected the same with Lillie/Sun.
>>
>>30011812
A lot of people in /vp/ are socially retarded and especially socially retarded when it comes to how Japanese people show interest in each other. They don't normally just come out and say it, that's impolite.
>>
>>30011812
That's not romantic. How long do you autists need to pretend that she is in love with when she is not.

She is simply saying that when she becomes a trainer she wants travel along side with you.
>>
>>30012071
Here comes that single haufan in /vp/
>>
>>30012071
t. Hau
>>
File: 1472232091609.png (34KB, 146x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472232091609.png
34KB, 146x250px
>>30012071
It's time to move on Hau. You lost your girl, you are a terrible rival, but hey at least the shotafags like you.
>>
File: OÅNÅBSAA.jpg (46KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
OÅNÅBSAA.jpg
46KB, 566x480px
>This much projecting over a non romantic scene

And here I thought you delusional faggots couldn't sink any lower.
>>
As someone who's learning Japanese can some one explain this to me?

Why is she using わたし instead of 私?
I would think that because pokemon is being sold to children they just don't use Kanji, but it looks like she's uses a kanji in that same textbubble.
>>
>>30011812
Self insert fags are shit.
>>
>>30013479
Kanto remakes inbound
>>
>>30013479
some people are saying that the Engilsh script removed the romantic subtext. Probably bullshit but hey.
>>
>>30013776
More like westerners expect romantic interest to be shown with a direct request for sex so they're incapable of reading subtext.
>>
>>30013490
Because Hiragana is simpler than Kanji (remember that Pokemon is a game targeting children primarily)
>>
>>30013776
It did.

But it doesn't matter anyway, western Pokémon community is shit with art, at least outside of furries and shit.
>>
>>30013822
What was the original dialogue then?
>>
>>30013490
>I would think that because pokemon is being sold to children they just don't use Kanji, but it looks like she's uses a kanji in that same textbubble.
Pokemon only recently introduced kanji (in gen V), prior to that it used only hiragana and katakana. From what I've heard, you can switch between the two in the options.

As you've guessed, it was because it is marketed to children that they used to leave out kanji.
In this case, there's no reason that 私 should be in kana while 旅 is left as kanji. Watashi is definitely an easier kanji to read than tabi, so it's not for ease of reading for children.

The only reason I can think of is for flavour
OR
because 私 has several reading, and with no voice-acting in Pokemon, Gamefreak had to write it in hiragana to let the players know that Lillie uses "watashi", and not for example "atashi."
>>
File: 1472611073516.png (27KB, 262x153px) Image search: [Google]
1472611073516.png
27KB, 262x153px
>>30011812
>MFW we get another Colosseum style game on Switch
>MFW Lillie is our doubles partner
>>
>>30013822
>>30013946
It's not that different, I don't even know if I could tranlsate it, my english is kinda shit. It's just that Lillie is more polite and more affectionate (in a "safe" way, it's a children's game after all) to you not only in that scene but during the whole game.
I admit that we have "romantic" dramas here in Japan where couples that are supposed to love each other are way more distant. So yah, people will "ship" the characters like crazy, there's no stopping that.
>>
>>30014017
Japan is weird. They also basically view the Precure friendship as "confirmed lesbians".
>>
>>30013479
>>30013946
He also left out the part where she promises to come back to you after she fixes her mom's brain. She makes it VERY clear she wants to "be with you", take it as you will.
>>
>>30012071
Go eat some malasadas hau, you are embarrassing yourself
>>
>>30013736
If the rumors are nothing to go by, Pokemon Stars which is going to be in Alola region, so I doubt.

>>30013776
I don't believe it. Sounds too much of hassle to rewrite some parts of the text just because of the western audience (not mention rewrite it for other European launguages) and it wouldn't even
make sense. Nothing in the game has implied that Lillie has shots for the protag. It's fine and well to ship MC/Lillie, but they are nothing than friends in the game.

>>30014145
>He also left out the part where she promises to come back to you after she fixes her mom's brain. She makes it VERY clear she wants to "be with you", take it as you will.

Stop lying to yourself. In no way or form she is coming back because of just you and it was to comfort Hau that she will come some day, because she left so suddenly.
>>
>>30012071
put me in the screencap
>>
>>30014351
>too much of a hassle to rewrite

Where have you been the last few years, friend?
>>
File: 1478531658255.png (245KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1478531658255.png
245KB, 595x842px
>>30014351
>"comfort Hau that she will come some day, because she left so suddenly"
>Comfort Hau, whom she's spoken with like twice during the whole game.
>>
>>30014351
>Nothing in the game has implied that Lillie has shots for the protag

>Constantly praising you and saying how she wants to be like you, even when you're not around.
>Takes every opportunity to be around you, even requesting it multiple times.
>When she starts trying to change, constantly seeks your attention and approval for her actions.
>Trusts you enough to hand over her most prized possession and former best friend.
>Tells you that she wants to come back to you once she's helped her mom at the end.

Anon, she's done everything short of saying she wants to suck your dick. It's obvious, especially in Japan where you don't just come out and admit your feelings.
>>
>>30014351
>too much of a hassle
>RIP waifu petting simulator
>>
>>30014351
Why are you Haufags so obsessed with shipping him with Lillie?
>>
>>30014460
Why are Lilliefags so obsessed with shitting on them "HURR NUUUUUU SHE CAN ONLY BE WITH LE PROTAGONIST"? Why can't you just let people ship what they want?
>>
>>30014351
Stars will have an Episode Delta-like post-game epilogue story that will have Lillie coming back from Kanto after six months and she will challenge you for the Champion Title as final boss.
>>
>>30014511
>The topic of the thread is the relationship between the Protagonist and Lillie
>Post "She's Hau's. She even leaves him a love letter."
>"YOU'RE SHITTING ON US! LET US SHIP LILLIE WITH HAU IN PEACE!"
>>
>>30013479
Well Lillie is a shitty waifubait so it's not that surprising.
>>
>>30014377
Not in here? Playing other games?
Honestly I don't believe that script is that different from the original. It is following it as truthfully as it can.

>>30014437
Because Hau was upset that she didn't tell them about her leaving to Kanto. if comfort is not the right word, then assure that she will come back to Alola to see everyone again. I don't understand why some of you have to constantly pick on Hau. Is it because unlike protag's, him liking Lillie is canon?

>>30014446
She is wimp who can't even save a single Pokemon until you step in and save her Pokemon at the start. Not mention she is against battling, she is tagging with you for plot reasons, come on this her story not yous and game developers had to make her relevance important by constantly (suprise suprise) tagging with you to move the story. Her change of clothes is to show that she is becoming more confident on herself and not relying on her friends all the time, not because she is into you.
She trusted Nebby to you so that you could go after her mother Lusamine and Guzma to save them, not because she likes you. And she said too that she is coming back because Alola is full of precious memories to her, not because of just you. I think some of you are just looking too much into it, honestly.

>>30014460
I'm don't care for Hau, but you fags needing to constantly put him down because he happens to like your shipping material is pathetic.

>>30014584
>Post "She's Hau's. She even leaves him a love letter.
Pretty sure whoever wrote that was false flagging, the one who promised to write a letter to Lillie is Hau. Lillie is not aware of Hau's feelings. He didn't get to tell her.
>>
>>30015005
>I'm don't care for Hau, but you fags needing to constantly put him down because he happens to like your shipping material is pathetic.
You just come across like you're defending Hau out of butthurt that people laugh at him.
>>
>>30015005
>constantly pick on Hau. Is it because unlike protag's, him liking Lillie is canon?
Because the game picks on him. He was made to be picked on. Hau's feelings are canon, but so is the fact that Lillie has no interest whatsoever in him and wants the protags.
>>
>>30015063
I just don't understand the mindless hate for him. And the only reason for people to hate him here from what I have seen, is because he likes Lillie.
>>
>>30015121
>Hates
Going to far. I just like to make fun of him. I don't dislike him.
>>
>>30015121
Self insert fags are pathetic after all and that's most of Lillie's fanbase.
>>
>>30015079
>Because the game picks on him. He was made to be picked on. Hau's feelings are canon, but so is the fact that Lillie has no interest whatsoever in him and wants the protags.

Is it because he is a bit slow and airhead at times?
>>30015195
Ok.
>>
If they force another female on the MC in the next game, I'm done with this series. Shauna was bad enough, but it was only a couple of times . Lillie is much worse, to the point of being detrimental to the experience of playing the game.
>>
>>30015229
It's just that Hau gets nothing. He's just there.
He's not your main rival, the story focuses on Lillie's family and completely forgets Hau, and unlike Shauna and May, he isn't even a potential love interest because he like Lillie.
Basically, he's a much more likeable version of Tierno/Trevor.
>>
>>30015390
>can't have /ss/ with Lusamine or Olivia
>instead get stuck with Lusamine's less attractive daughter
T-Thanks Gamefreak
>>
>>30015335
>>30015316
Yeah. To be honest, I would just prefer to travel alone. Friends just bring you trouble. Poor Hau, then again this was Lillie's story and him liking Lillie was a bit suprising considering how small his role in the game was and the interactions with with her were. But whatevs.

>>30015430
Maybe in the future games we can play as older trainers, being a kid for 20 years is getting boring.
>>
File: 1459805770145.jpg (118KB, 499x501px) Image search: [Google]
1459805770145.jpg
118KB, 499x501px
>Lillie's dialogue is the same if you pick the female character
>Hau is a friendly faggot to everyone

shipfags are cancer , the only games where some npc had a crush on the mc was in BW2 , the rest are retards confusing friendship and circlejerking to their retarded headcanons
>>
File: 1476467482006.png (28KB, 224x212px) Image search: [Google]
1476467482006.png
28KB, 224x212px
>>30015430
>He likes a hooker and a 50 year old more than a cute teenage girl
>>
>>30015597
>Lillie
>cute
In the most generic way possible perhaps. And yes, I do. They're both far more attractive.
>>
>>30015595
>Lillie's dialogue is the same if you pick the female character
And that's a problem how?
Plus, the same dialog doesn't necessarily have the same meaning. Saying "I love you" to your family is not the same as saying it to a friend.

>the only games where some npc had a crush on the mc was in BW2
Brendan/May

>shipfags are cancer
Agreed.
>>
I would probably like Lillie more if less modern games had mandatory companion waifus. I got really tired of Asahi from SMT4A.
>>
>>30015678
>Saying "I love you" to your family is not the same as saying it to a friend.

True however even then, friends can say they love each other without being even remotely romantic
>>
Pretty sure they wanted the player to interpret it whatever way he wanted. It's Pokemon, who cares.
>>
>>30015390
>implying I want ayy used goods
>>
>>30016777
7s of truth confirm lusamine is old and wasted
>>
She's not MY love interest.
Because she's shit.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.