[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw no EXP share run Good luck nuzlockefags. You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: 1460179087731.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460179087731.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>mfw no EXP share run

Good luck nuzlockefags. You're gonna need it.
>>
THAT MOTHER FUCKING SMEARGLE FUCK
>>
>tfw lost 2 bros to Teacher Emily

Dude what the fuck.
>>
>doing a solo run
surprisingly difficult
no fucking idea how I'm going to deal with totem salazzle
>>
I'm Nuzlocking without Exp Share, battle style set and no healing items during battle other than held items like Berry

Can't wait to be wiped out by a Totem
>>
tfw doing an autistic solo cosmog run with hacked metronome
>>
>>30010899
Masochistic. Good luck dude
>>
Totems rely entirely on having a particular type of Pokemon if you're underleveled. Nuzlocke no-EXP-share will be suicide.
>>
>>30010944
At least when you hit Lv 53 it's smooth sailing
>>
I tried, maybe I'm getting lucky, it doesn't feel challenging at all.

Maybe when some hard mode hack comes out.
>>
Can't be worse than a hg/ss nuzlocke
>>
I tried something similar for my first Pokemon Moon run when the cia became available:

>EXP Share OFF
>Battle Mode SET
>No grinding
>Dodge all trainers, lose all rival battles you are allowed to lose
>Alolan Pokemon only
>No Revive in battles

Game became so much longer with these rules because I actually needed strategy (X Defense is your friend). Totem Lurantis was monstrous.

Made the game worth it though, really felt like I unlocked Hard Mode.
>>
>>30011021
Totems seemed designed to be nuzlock killers. They're unpredictable and can sweep your team if unprepared
>>
>>30010868
I had literally no counter to that magnemite so I just spammed work up and potions on my starter until he was able to actually itk
>>
I'm gonna do a no EXP share run and I'm also turning off switch battle style just to make things a little tougher.
>>
>>30011172
>using switch
>ever

Not even for hard mode, using switch is just cheating.
>>
File: heisangry.png (821KB, 1086x679px) Image search: [Google]
heisangry.png
821KB, 1086x679px
>>30011002
Indeed, pure hell until there though. At least i'm having some giggles.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>Hau's Raichu without a ground type
>>
>>30011941
>no bug type on your team
>not beating moon the first time with a full bug team playthrough
It was fun, and Olivia was my worst nightmare.
>>
File: 1395880803054.jpg (7KB, 287x298px) Image search: [Google]
1395880803054.jpg
7KB, 287x298px
>>30010765
Is it this hard? I have played X without EXP share and only Kalos-team and it was easy as fuck
>>
>>30010765
>Struggling in a kids game
Top kek. Managed to beat the whole game without potions/switch option off
Nuzlocke style without breaking a sweat.
Hardest game to nuzlock in is still ruby saphire and bw2
>>
>>30011051
>Use a bunch of arbitrary rules set by yourself
>T-the game is totally h-hard guys and not for kids!!

You hard mode fags are the faggiest fags of them all
>>
>Magnemites
>Smeargle

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>30012018
Yeah, it's a difficult Pokemon game. Not a struggle, but the difficulty hacks will be insane. The XY difficulty hacks could only make the game slightly harder.
>>
>no items
>Smeargle

That thing took off 15 HP with a Tackle. What the everliving fuck?
>>
>>30012072
technician probably.
>>
>>30012042

He's not saying that the game is hard, he's saying that it gets hard if you do that man. He's not even saying "hey you guys should all do that", he just said "I think it's worth it because it makes it more challenging"

Calm your tits man, you don't really have to shit on other people without reason
>>
>>30012129
I know that, but this is ridiculous. He used a Potion too when I almost had him. I'm too stubborn to not use the team as it is right now either, I don't want to just brute force it.
>>
>>30012047
Magnemite was a nightmare to catch and a godsend to train.
Melkor the Magnezone is one of my stronger pokémon.
>>
>tfw Sina's Glaceon just swept my whole team

Anyone complaining about difficulty must be memeing it up
>>
Can someone explain to me what a nuzlocke exactly is (the rules)? Have played Pokemon since Gen I up to Gen 6 (except Gen 5) and I've never done one.
>>
>>30012189

>Magnemite was a nightmare to catch

I literally caught it with one pokeball
>>
>>30012339
Can only catch the first encounter of each route and if a Pokemon faints you can't use it anymore
>>
>>30012339
The basic rules:
1. Fainted Pokémon are dead. Either permabox or release.
2. Only catch the first Pokémon you see in an area. No second chances.
>>
>>30012339
>>30012383
this, also some runs optionally include no poke centers/ no healing items
>>
>>30011051
I'm starting to think they balanced this around item use. But I don't like using items.
>>
>>30012383
>>30012416
So what part of this is hard? What's preventing you from overleveling? Do you guys always use healing items or Pkmncenters?
>>
>>30012291
I got fucked by Dexios Espeon in Sun

>That speed and special attack that early in the game

Jesus
>>
>>30012529
The constant fear of getting sweeped
The constant fear of losing your MVP
>>
>>30012364
Weakening it was hard.
>>
>>30012529

An unlucky crit can put an end to your run or at least take out a reliable mon

And no, there is nothing actually preventing you from overleveling, although people tend to not overdo it anyway. Partly to keep the thrill and partly because it's tedious and nuzlocking already requires plenty of grinding.
>>
>>30012579

not if you have Litten
>>
>>30011100
>using items in battle
Disgusting
>>
>>30012018
I chose rowlet and so far this game is fucking horrifying. i had a 30 turn stall match against a grimer that kept procing poison touch, had a hell of a time beating a magnemite, followed immediately by an alolan meowth that kept flinching with bite, and worst of all, a smeargle so fucking terrifying I needed to use several X-attacks and an X-speed before it came out.
>>
>>30013122
I'm just too stubborn to use that X-Defend against Smeargle. I know it'd save me since that thing 2HKOs my entire team, but I don't want to.
>>
>that level curve at island 4
I was underleveled for lusamine at aether paradise, while I had been 3 levels above the average trainer in island 3, then suddently everybody has level 45 pokemon, while I'm still in my 40s. Cue literally half an hour later, final lusamine fight with her team at level 50 and me still being at 45. Guess what? You're inmediately dropped off at gladion afterwards, who almost wrecks your team yet again, and by the time you get to the league your team is around 47. The entire elite 4 is around level 55. Cue grinding, which is hard since there's no good place to do it at this point, until my entire team is level 50. The elite 4 is doable but fuck the champion. [spoilers]He has a lycanrock that places stealth rocks, and a snorlax that's a literal wall with at least 6 full restores. I had to cheese my way through the stealth rocks by quick clawing and OHKOing his lycanrock, and his snorlax by spamming revives and sing[/spoilers].
I beat the game with a team of level 50-53. Thought I was done yet? Well, fuck no.
Right after you beat the game, besides getting pushed into a legendary fight (you can just run and do it over later on), you get pointed towards two directions, either exploring poni island or following a request to go to the hotel in route 8. Both lead you to battles with level 60 mons, and the poni island one locks away a cool grinding spot with level 55 wilds. At least I found out that you can grind at the restaurant that opened in hal'oui city after beating the game.
I'm scared of what I'll be seeing next.
>>
File: 78699088.jpg (140KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
78699088.jpg
140KB, 575x523px
>mono grass
Early game is a nightmare for the reasons mentioned above plus the cutscenes slowing the pace down to a crawl. I was stuck with Rowlet long enough to have it evolved into Dartrix by the time I went to the trial cave.
By the time I reached the end of Melemele however it started getting better with access to Petilil/Cottonee, both underrated MVPs, and the fight with Hala was a breeze compared to what I endured before that.
>Take one Sand Attack
>Peck misses 4 times in a row
>Ember burns on turn 1
>Bite causes flinching for 3 turns in a row
I refuse to believe this is just a streak of horrible luck.
>>
>>30012157
>double space
>man man man
Kill yourself reddit
>>
>>30013441
You're not the first one complaining
>>
>Doing Emerald, finally restarting again from a while back because I got all the way to Juan and lost out on a great team because of fucking Double Team and his bloody Kingdra
>Really early game, so I still don't have Pokeballs
>Fucking Shiny Poochyena appears as like my fifth wild encounter

Golly gee, thanks game.
>>
>>30013444

Ey man don't get so triggered man you're too upset over strangers on the internet, man
>>
shit i just started nuzlocking with litten... so far its still manageable (I can see why some people who chose rowlet would have trouble fighting the teacher kek) but I think i'll still have to overgrind if I want to survive wishiwashi or salazzle (still no grass types or water type in route 3 - 3-)
>>
>>30010765
>people saying this game is easy

I found it more challenging than BW2 challenge mode.
>>
File: 1443803484654.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1443803484654.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>30013441
Sounds like Gen 7 is back to Gen 1 mechanisms kek
>>
Hahahaha

Wait until you faggots get to Totem Mimikyu

Haahahahahaha. . . . .fuck that thing.
>>
I'm thinking of stealing leftovers from munchlax while farming to gain def evs from the bonslys in the area... is this considered cheating or strategy?
>>
>>30011941
>one shots my stenee with physic
>think I was clever using my grimer
>gets one shot by electroball even though he had a sassy nature

I'm sorry I underestimated you, masala man.
>>
File: Guts JUST.png (678KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
Guts JUST.png
678KB, 600x640px
>>30011941
That fucking pancake rat swept me on the third Island. I was not prepared.
>>
>>30012042
reading comprehension, you fucking retard. this is not what is being said. you are creating a straw boogeyman figure
>>
>>30012042
consider suicide
>>
>>30013444
jesus fucking christ you're a fucking faggot. wasted trips, seriously get the fuck over yourself and stop spouting your arbitrarily hostile bullshit at people just because you cannot read
>>
>>30012018
I got wiped out by Llima's smeargle a couple of times. Game is surprisingly difficult which is nice. It's not crazy hard, but it's far from easy.
>>
>>30010765
This is the first time a Pokemon game has been remotely challenging in what feels like over a decade.

I love it.
>>
>>30014297
Fuck that fast as hell Haunter spamming Hypnosis.
>>
>>30012064
Romhacks will be nightmare because regular trainers can have EVs invested in their pokemon now. Also imagine all trainers having Z-Moves at their disposal.
>>
>>30015457
I'm trying to get the creator of the infamous Cuckold Emerald to start on making ''My Wife's Sun''
>>
Is it easy to get over leveled in this? Does it cheese the fights?
>>
>>30015623
Turn off the exp share and by the E4 you'll be 7-8 levels under. Turn it on and you'll probably be about 2 or 3 higher, not that high because the game uses BW's exp system.
>>
>>30010840
Jesus Christ people said this game was going to be tame
>>
So by not using exp. share, and using set instead of shift, does this game provide a good challenge.
>>
>>30016069
Yes.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.