[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, just beat the game, time to tell all you guys how shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1475949319458.png (399KB, 573x441px) Image search: [Google]
1475949319458.png
399KB, 573x441px
Alright, just beat the game, time to tell all you guys how shit it was

THE GOOD
>Friends not nearly as stupidly annoying as X and Y
>Team Skull is miles better than Flare
>Interesting IDEA with the Ultra Beasts
>Alola certainly feels different than the other reasons, which is what they were going for
>ride pokemon is a godsend
>good variety of pokemon available throughout the game

THE BAD
>Difficulty is sporadic as FUCK. The Totem pokemon are much harder than the average gym leader battle is, and feel far more interesting. However, the actual trainers never pose a threat whatsoever to you. Right up until the very last hours of the game they will usually have only 1-2 non-fully evolved pokemon. Will say that the Elite 4/ Champion are MUCH better than X/Y and are the only part of the game besides the totems where I felt truly challenged
>the pacing feels really rushed. This is most obvious at the end of the game, but its a common problem throughout. It feels like I'm playing an abridged version of a normal pokemon game. All of the routes are pretty small, and it constantly shoves you from one area to the next with no downtime. It just sends you straight from where you capture the box legendary to the league, theres not even a victory road you just go there.
>The region is pretty small, theres very little actual exploring to do
>encounter rates for alot of pokemon are really low, with most of them being new pokemon.
>NPCs have no charm at all besides team skull. They just randomly give you items for no reason whatsoever, or just spout tutorials for incredibly obvious things
>its just really short, due to a combination of very low difficulty with exceptions and a very small region
>>
>>30006047
Oh and I forgot about one more thing
>SO MANY FUCKING UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES JESUS CHRIST
>But seriously they just slog everything down as soon as you start going anywhere. It doesn't help that your character is stuck on a permanent smile so they always look like a fucking dumbass.
>>
Trust me if you do a low level run, you will likely lose to Hau at least once or twice.
Mostly because without foresight they will spring him on you unprepared.

Plus some trainers are tough. The eon trainers you bump into and guzma for example.

I know this only applies to low level runners, but the game is far more challenging and interesting than X or Y or ORAS was.
>>
>>30006112
I actually did lose to Hau once I got to the third island, because that was when I decided to turn the exp share off. And I lost to the League Once

Im not saying the game is too easy overall, Im saying its inconsistent with its difficulty.
>>
Yeah, the linearity, constant handholding/"muh Lillie" and neverending cutscenes are a real issue in this game for me. At no point did I feel like I was actually free to explore the region at my own pace until the post-game, and there's not a whole lot to explore in the first place.

I really dig the graphics and general production value of the overworld in Sun and Moon but some things just need changing. We need a bigger region in the same overworld style, and some serious quality of life improvements like the always-on running option from HGSS, removing the need to press A to enter doors, and some form of camera control. Scale back the cutscenes to something like ORAS's level so I actually feel like I'm in control SOME of the time, and we're good.

I'm hoping that, like Black and White at the end of the DS's lifecycle, Sun and Moon are just outlier games to extend the 3DS's life somewhat, and that many of their quirkier design choices won't return in future games. I'd give them a solid 7 or 8/10 as an experience on their own but it's not exactly the direction I want to see Pokemon go in for good. If they're doing a mainline Pokemon on the Switch, it'd be nice to see them return to more traditional fare like gym leaders, and maybe less constant cutscenes. You don't need cutscenes to tell a story.
>>
>>30006047
>>Difficulty is sporadic as FUCK. The Totem pokemon are much harder than the average gym leader battle is
I think the definitely of the game very largely depends on the persons team. In my case, I had more trouble with the Kahuna battles than the totems.
>>
>>30006562
>definitely
difficulty*
>>
>>30006105
>permanent smile
Just put sunglasses on your character and roleplaying him as a suave motherfucker who give no shit, talk down and ridicule Hau at every opportunity and tell Soffy you hate his festival shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.