[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at gamestop midnight release >turn on 3DS >only one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: to-the-victor-goes-the-spoils.jpg (88KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
to-the-victor-goes-the-spoils.jpg
88KB, 720x960px
>at gamestop midnight release
>turn on 3DS
>only one person who's nearby, challenge them
>it's the girl right across from me
>her team is smogon.exe and fucking destroys me
>look at her, "hehe you're really good. where did you get those sets?"
>we talk for a while, realize she's probably annoyed by me
>try to talk to other people, nervously
>talking about starters
>bash Chikorita
>the girl from before spergs out on me, but I end up looking like the jerk
>everyone has to go outside to form a line
>it's pokemon trivia time
>know I'm the greatest of all time at trivia from pokemon jeopardy threads
>Luxray has the highest BST for a pokemon whose BST is also a prime number
>"What Pokemon can only be caught with a masterball?"
>someone says mewtwo
>sperg out, stammering because I'm so nervous, "that's n-not, that's not true! mewtwo has a catch rate of 3 but can be caught with any pokeball! the only pokemon that could technically require them are Suicune, Entei, and R-Raikou from Gen 3! Because if they use roar they disappear from the game for good!"
>they're so impressed with my answer they gave me this plush

How were your midnight release experiences, anons?
>>
>>30004246
>sun
>>
>>30004246
Are you fat or look like pruane2?
>>
>>30004268
>He prefers Oranguru.
>>
>>30004246
Holy shit, that was you? Fuck man, that was truly a pathetic and awful display. I was embarrassed being in the proximity of you.
You might want to end your life soon.
>>
>>30004246
>they
Worried about pronouns much?
>>
>>30004246
That plush shall forever immortalize your dweebishness
>>
>>30004274
Unfortunately, no. I don't really look anywhere near as autistic as I am
>>
>the only pokemon that could technically require them are Suicune, Entei, and R-Raikou from Gen 3! Because if they use roar they disappear from the game for good!"
Eh, just have a lead with Soundproof.
>>
Holy shit nice blog faggot where the FUCK do I subscribe
>>
>>30004309
They as in multiple people. You're worse than the tumblr fucks if you start getting all triggered over a perfectly normal word.
>>
File: 1401818806874.png (18KB, 1189x557px) Image search: [Google]
1401818806874.png
18KB, 1189x557px
>>30004246

>During the ORAS midnight launch I asked a guy if he wanted to battle he ended up being quite cocky and condescending. He challenged me to a rematch 2 times changing the rules and losing each time. By the end of it he's super salty due to a few crits on my end and a high jump kick miss on his end.
>Don't really encounter this level of salt outside the internet so I feel pretty awkward.

>See him at SM midnight launch
>avoid eye contact at all costs.
>My girlfriend loudly says "Hey isn't that the guy you battled last time?"
>"Oh maybe... I don't know" I say whilst looking away"
>*points* "no he's over there"
>just stare at the ground quietly asking her not to point at him.
>>
>>30004246
Was she cute?

This is all that maters anon.

If she wasn't, whatever. If she was, you fucked up.
>>
>>30004375
Stop, I have room mates. They'll hear me kek.
>>
>>30004246
>legendary dogs
>gen 3
>>
You messed up anon, never ask a girl where she gets her gaming knowledge from
>>
>>30004608
>FRLG
>>
>>30004608
You're either retarded or underage.
>>
>>30004608
....Anon....
>>
>>30004674
FRLG is an off the wall example though.
>>
There were only fat chicks at my Gamestop.

Well there was 1 skinny girl who happened to be Asian, but she was working behind the counter only talking to her boyfriend, who also works there, and nobody else until it was time to hand them out.
>>
>>30004708
They were meant to be doing trivia wtf.
>>
>>30004682
I mean to be fair, OP is retarded too. Trying to give everyone pointless trivia to make himself look like a true PokeMaster. But the legendary dogs in FRLG didn't disappear forever if they roared..they were just like any other roaming legendary. Definitely didn't need a master ball.
>>
>>30004682
>>30004699
Neither. It's easier to just say Gen 2 instead of pointing out post game content from a remake.
>>
>>30004706
You goddamn retard you can find the Legendary Beasts in FRLG, depending on which starter you pick.
Charmander gets Suicune, Bulbasaur gets Entei, and Squirtle has Raikou
>>
>>30004733
Actually they did, their encounters were bugged
>>
>>30004740
nobody cares about them in FRLG though.

that's like me talking about capturing the R/B/Y trio in Gen 4 (HG/SS) because they're obtainable.
>>
>>30004800
>boo hoo no one cares
butthurt much?
>>
>>30004733
The trivia was organized by gamestop, hence the plushie prize
>>
>went to see Fantastic Beasts with friends earlier (surprising good for a Harry Potter movie)
>they all go home because they either work early or got it on amazon
>go to gamestop at midnight
>have some high schoolers get uncomfortably close to me but end up joking with them over the nerd culture shit at gamestop
>see a Neko Atsume plush near the checkout
>fuck it
>get Sun and a Neko Atsume check out
Fun night, but I have to work early too. What a shame.
>>
File: 1475045364149.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475045364149.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
>>30004845

I threw my point out there and you chose to be hostile about it so I could ask you the same thing.
>>
>>30004246
>Went with a GOOD FRIEND of mine who happens to be quite young (she's 14 and I'm almost 19)
>She gets moon and I get sun
>Walk her to home and say goodbyes
>Her parents find about this fast and I get a call about it
>They dare to call the cops on me if I ever get near her again and I also get called as a pedophile
And this happened two hours ago. I'm so worried about my friend that I can't play the game.
>>
>>30005078
So, did you not run it by them or ask for permission?
>>
>Go in to gamestop for a plushie half hour before release
>no plushies left
>ask if I may have a poster even though I already have the game preordered through bestbuy
>Nope
>look around
>Robin amiibo
>Employee that didn't gimme poster goes out to handle the line
>Buy amiibo
>2 minutes before release
>Other employee asks if he didnt let me have one
>hands me poster
>shhhhh don't tell nobody.jpg

And after that I went to my grocery and they had both alola card collections buy one get one 50% off.

Great night.
>>
>>30004911
I wanted to see Fantastic Beasts, but my group voted for Doctor Strange (which still wasn't bad by any means for a capeshit movie).
We went at 9 to pay our shit and get our numbers from gamestop, and then watched the movie and came back. Some turbo autists hadn't figured the system out and were super pissed when we got called in first. Like, shouting at the employees "We were here way before them!", despite not having even gotten a group number.
>>
>>30005078
What do you expect when you pal around with a 14 year old?
>>
>>30005078
I thought she had a permission from her parents. They were pretty aware that we hung around lot but now they just call me as a pedo and dare to call the cops on me. What the fuck.
>>
>>30005165
Well, you didn't personally run it by them.
For all they know, you could really be a pedo. After all, you ran off with their kid for hours without talking to them first.
>>
>>30005128
i hear Doc Strange was better than FB so you may have lucked out anon.
>>
>>30005190
Well FB has Johnny Depp, so it's instantly garbage.
>>
>>30005208
>Implying Cumberbatch is any better
>>
>>30005190
I guess I was just soured on it because a couple of our SJW-ish friends won't shut up about the casting issues.
>>
>>30005217
Say what you want, but Benepickle Cucumber did pretty good in that film. The whole cast did pretty well, honestly.
>>
>>30005184
I'm NOT a pedo. I have no interest on her THAT way. I'm like a big brother to her. But yeah that was a stupid move to go to the midnight release. Fuck me.
>>
>Drinking with friends
>Go to the club
>Having a great time, tipsy and well on the way to drunk
>Hits about 11:45
>Guys I don't feel great I'm gonna head home
>Walk out of the club and two streets down
>Wait for 5 minutes in line
>Collect my copy of San Andreas
>Go straight back to my dorm and skip the next week of lectures

Oh you mean Pokemon? Why the fuck would I go to a midnight launch in 2016? Maybe if the game hadn't leaked a week ago.
>>
>>30004733
99.9% this shit will backfire on you and the discussion will end with "Oh, I don't put THAT much time into these games" followed by a look of disgust.

Hide your power level.
>>
>>30005306

People turning up to a midnight launch of a kids jrpg about catching imaginary animals forfeit their right to power level hiding. It's one of those situations you may as well power up to the very limit, especially if there's a prize on the line.
>>
>>30005165
>14 year old
>pedo

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>30004543
>girlfriend
>>
>>30004284
>he prefers useless handball monkey
>he prefers literally my mon't lion over glorious bat waifu
>he prefers a waste of a good typing over the possibly the single one good normal type mon in alola
>he prefers gay bug and literally origami over something actually useful
>>
Are muricans really this autistic?
>>
>>30005078
What were you even thinking
>>
Bad, the gamestop that said they would have a midnight release lied and nobody showed up.
Had to drive to another gamestop, buy the game again because they wouldn't accept my receipt. Later today will get my money back.
>>
>>30004246
Nothing to crazy happened but I'll tell you about it anyway.

>Me and my BF went to midnight release at gamestop.
>When we get their me and my bro talking when we see a guy with his friends inside the store with a lizard of some type.
>My friend asked if he can see it.
>My friend holds it for a bit and starts to make cricket noises.
>The store becomes silent for a few seconds.
>After my friend gives the guys lizard we have to line up outside.
>We go outside to see a guy dressed up has Kylo Ren with his lightsaber.
>"Dat fuck?"

Besides that, everything was fairly normal.
>>
>>30004246
>"What Pokemon can only be caught with a masterball?"
Obviously RS rayquaza, this piece of shit just plain refused to get in every other ball no matter how i tried. Or at least any event legendary because those can't be caught at all. Nice job aqueezing a plush out of normies by being pathetic
>>
File: 1479306785302.png (3MB, 1935x1965px) Image search: [Google]
1479306785302.png
3MB, 1935x1965px
>>30005573
>>
>>30004246
Wild Suicune doesn't learn Roar anymore faggot
>>
File: 1479306048864.gif (1MB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
1479306048864.gif
1MB, 450x328px
>>30004246
>Bash Chikorita
You deserve to be alone forever nigger
>>
>>30005617
Enjoy your worst starter
>>
>>30005629
But I didn't pick Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, Fenniken, or Popplio
>>
File: Slowpokefeelsgood.jpg (33KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpokefeelsgood.jpg
33KB, 600x655px
>>30004246
>wait at eb games for midnight release
>eb games employee gives out sun and moon pins, posters and stuff
>eb games employee goes into store and gives us leftover skyrim, mafia III, titanfall, and fallout 4: nuka world posters for waiting
>doors open
>a gold mario amiibo is also there
>gets it (last one)
>eb games employee is very nice and gives me an extra one of my choice (limited to the animal crossing amiibo figures)
>and then my mom (I can't drive, that's the reason why she's there) gets me the sun and moon new 3ds xl special edition for christmas
It was a good night
>>
My spouse has to work, and I'm a faggot that can't drive so no midnight release for me. Not that it's a high priority because I've been playing the .cia for 10 days.

At least it'll be nice to have the physical copy tomorrow.
>>
File: Random21yourimageisshit.png.jpg (20KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
Random21yourimageisshit.png.jpg
20KB, 600x608px
>>30005261
>>
>>30005261
>being this insecure
Get the fuck out redditor.
>>
>>30005851
Top Kek
>>
A pokemon midnight release? I don't think I will ever witness something like that over here.
I'll probably be the only one to come in when my gamestop regularly opens at 10, grab my games and leave the empty store again.

kinda sad
>>
>>30005257
big brother aye?
You hang out with a 14 year old girl. Thats weird and fucked up. I mean if you want to chat on a chinese pedo image board go for it but hide your wizardry
>>
Our gamestop didnt even have a trivia, i was just surrounded by really Cringy people. I was play my 3ds and 3 people came over and starting staring at me play. Like, im trying to mind my own business.
>>
>>30005165
Tell them you will call the cops if they continue to insult you for no reason.
>>
>>30005745
meganium is worse than all of them
>popplio
>not rowlet
>fennekin
>not chespin
you can't even list the worst starters right
>>
>>30005078
Lmao. If this is true then holy shit you need some social awareness. If you think parents wouldn't flip out and be suspicious about an adult hanging around with their 14 year old daughter at midnight then there is no hope for you.

Now don't get all defensive and think that I'm suggesting you are trying it on with her, but even just having a 'friend' that is a minor is stupid as fuck and an easy way to ruin your life. Get some friends your own age ffs.
>>
>>30004246

Guy, I'm scared I haven't battled anyone with a real system since 2007. Am I gonna be reported for rape if I beat a teenage girl at Pokemon? That seems to be the climate in the CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>30008291
As a general rule of thumb just don't even talk to the teenage girls unless you are a kid yourself.
>>
>>30008308
>implying it won't be considered rape by inactivity and harassment
acuckrica land of the """""""""""free"""""""""""
>>
>>30004246
This is why I avoid midnight releases. Pokemon has the worst fanbase aside from MLP and Jojo.
>>
>>30008358
>MLP and Jojo

Is this a Jojo reference?
>>
>>30004246
>lost to a girl
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: Jotaro x Joseph 24.png (800KB, 830x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro x Joseph 24.png
800KB, 830x1041px
>>30008358
What'chu talkin about?
>>
>>30004543
>whilst
>girlfriend
things that never happened.
>>
>>30005190
Can confirm that it is. FB didn't live up to the hype, but Strange knocked it out of the park. It's by far my favorite capeshit movie.
>>
>>30004359
Send this guy your shitty plush, OP.
>>
>>30004268
I don't understand how sun has sold more copies when everybody I know bought moon
>>
>>30004246
Pretty boring. The line was long, a bunch of new players (probably from pokemon go), a bunch of fat neets, and a qt jap wearing a pikachu hood playing oras
>>
>>30008998
Unless you know millions of people, your shitty group of friends has almost no impact on total sales.
>>
>>30005261
>going to clubs

I hope you wake up missing a kidney next time
>>
File: Poke Trump.jpg (70KB, 636x382px) Image search: [Google]
Poke Trump.jpg
70KB, 636x382px
>>30008998
Not the first time I've heard that story this month.
>>
>>30004733
They did.
Learned this the hard way when I tried to catch Raikou with Wobbuffet.

I disagree with OP's answer though. No pokémon requires a Master Ball. Legendaries disappearing permanently was a common thing in the past, it's just in the beasts' case all they had to do was use Roar, unlike other legendaries that had to be KO'd/fled from.
>>
>>30005078
>americans
>>
>Ordered sun online, but don't wanna wait
> Go to game stop to buy gf moon.
> Big line, everyone's nice talking about hype outside, no rush or commotion.
> GS staff flipping out demanding to see "verified pre-order receipts" before anyone can come in. Pre orders to front of line.
> Walk next door to Walmart, buy game at 1145
> Come back to GS and eat free chipotle chips and salsa.
>>
>>30005257
Even if you did not have bad intentions you really should have told her parents first.
>>
>>30005257
>not wanting to fuck your imouto
What are you, gay?
>>
>>30004246
Pretty cool anon, most people would be too pussy/not autistic enough (same thing) to go through with that but you stood your ground despite being embarrassed and got a plush. Respect
>>
>>30008694
whew lad, joseph is cute, CUTE
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.