[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he hyped up as the greatest trainer ever when he has spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 2

File: Sun_Moon_Red.png (411KB, 498x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Red.png
411KB, 498x1280px
Why is he hyped up as the greatest trainer ever when he has spent the last 17 years jobbing to 11 year olds?
>>
Gamefreak always writes everything around him so that he's regarded as the best since he's the only player character to become an NPC. He only ever loses to other player characters in universe due to his karen faggotry. So in his entire career, he's only lost to Gold, the sun protag, and maybe Nate/Rosa depending on if you consider the PWT canon.
>>
remember, he:

>failed to actually defeat Team Rocket
>only Pokemon you can confirm he caught are all gift Pokemon in Yellow or unavoidable encounters like Snorlax, so there's no proof he caught very many Pokemon
>canonically lost to Ethan/Lyra and Nate/Rosa

Red ain't shit
>>
>>29998882
This

Might I also add that his team sucks ass when you think about it. Sure it was decent back in RBY but looking at it now... yeah it's ass.
>>
>>29998882

Origins established that he completed the national Pokedex and that's the canon for gen 1 in the mega verse. Besides, he beat all the rocket executives gold fought in the Sevil Islands, he kicked their ass hard, they just regrouped years later.
>>
>>29998934

Origins isn't canon to the games, it's only canon to itself

saying "Origins established" is like saying "Pokemon Special established" or "Pokemon Zensho" established.
>>
>>29998814
he's always a postgame fight.

Think about that- relative to everyone else in each game world, aside from the main player, he is terrifyingly strong.
>>
>>29998865
Isn't he introduced as a former champ in Sun/Moon? So that'd mean someone knocked him off his pedestal in Kanto as well (until Lillie knocks that person off too :^))

It's pretty pathetic that he hasn't improved in the slightest in the years he's grown up.
>>
>>29998882
>Nate/Rosa
>PWT
>canon
Now that is some bullshit right there. Besides, the point of the games was always to catch all the Pokemon, not beat the E4 and go to VGC. He must have done it, and stuck with his team because devs are nostalgic fucks.
>>
>>29998934
Origins also has Red talking. Games confirm Red is a mute.
>>
>>29998814
Because gym leaders spent all their lives doing so.
>>
>>29998979
I mean, it's literally canon that he stepped down from the Champion position to train more at Mt. Silver. He didn't get defeated and let it go. He just left.
>>
>>29998814
None of that is canon.
>>
>>29998979
Yes, Gold. Or he could have stepped down, he did beat Lance, the next champ and the former champ before Blue/Green blazed through him.
>>
>>29998979

Steven was also the former champ in Emerald because he wanted to go out and do shit. If Red's no longer in PokeJapan, how's he gonna be acting champ. (Well that and gold beat him)
>>
>>29998814
Is he hyped up as the greatest trainer ever? I don't remember anything whatsoever in any game that was indicative of Red being anything more than a former champion.
>>
>>29998882
The fact that there are Neo-Nazis doesn't mean Hitler wasn't defeated in WWII. Red defeated Team Rocket, some faggots just decided to use the name a few years later.
>>
>>29998934
>Besides, he beat all the rocket executives gold fought in the Sevil Islands, he kicked their ass hard, they just regrouped years later.

so what? Except for Hilbert and Hilda, every other protagonist beat every fucking evil organization so bad they never came back. If anything, him beating Archer and Arianna and them coming back anyway reflects even more poorly on him
>>
>>29998814
>Why is he hyped up as the greatest trainer ever when he has spent the last 17 years jobbing to 11 year olds?

Gold is nowhere to be seen in PWT, nor is he ever mentioned in any of the supposed sequel. In fact, none of the player characters with exception of BW protagonists were ever mentioned again. For all intent and purposes of the canon, all these jobber player characters (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen) could've just given up on their 3rd gym and went home
>>
>>29999047
Holy shit this. The only games where thr Executives are even threats are in the Drayano romhacks of HGSS where he upped their levels and maxed out their teams. Otherwise they're piss easy to beat.
>>
>>29999047

Except the HGSS Rockets were all part of the original organization
>>
>>29998814
>jobbing to 11 year olds
He's the only canon MC.
>>
>>29999056
>every other protagonist beat every fucking evil organization so bad they never came back.
What? The only games that have had a sequel show that the teams come back while every other title has nothing down to line to show that these teams never returned.

TR came back in GSC and Plasma came back in B2W2. You never return to the other regions and you don't hear about the Teams truly disbanding or never coming back except in the case of Team Skull.
>>
>>29999056

All player characters beat them in Pokemon battles, they're efforts in that department were the same. Doesn't change the individual thought processes behind each villian bases on exactly what mute child kicked their asses.
>>
>>29998882
He crushed Giovanni and forced it to disband. Some Giovanni enthusiasts and a concubine of his refused to let it die which is what Ethan has to deal with.

>only Pokemon you can confirm he caught are all gift Pokemon in Yellow or unavoidable encounters like Snorlax, so there's no proof he caught very many Pokemon
False. His journey is to complete the Pokedex. You are full of shit.

To Ethan and Lyra? Yes. To Nate/Rosa? No. PWT is not canon as it is not an actual in game event like Mount Silver.
>>
>>29999056
Hilbert and Hilda did beat Team Plasma, that's not fair. Under N, they were finished, Ghetsis just scrapped up new goons and made another plan. The old Team Plasma is hardly back, NeoTP was the real threat.
>>
>>29999062
The world wasn't destroyed by legendaries so they at least made it that far
>>
>>29999096

Except Galactic, Magma, Aqua, and Flare are all established in game to have either disbanded or changed their ways.
>>
Why are 11-year old so fucking OP at Pokemon? Fucking Sun/Moon MC wrecked the entire island, enslaved their guardian spirits and local diety, and forced fucking interdimensional demons to fuck off all before unpacking her goddamn room from her move.

Like shit how can anyone else compete.
>>
>>29999145

Because they're controlled by a player.
>>
>>29999124

>He crushed Giovanni and forced it to disband. Some Giovanni enthusiasts and a concubine of his refused to let it die which is what Ethan has to deal with.

Giovanni wasn't even going to quit forever, Ethan was the one who really crushed him

>False. His journey is to complete the Pokedex. You are full of shit.

You can't prove he achieved this goal at all

>To Ethan and Lyra? Yes. To Nate/Rosa? No. PWT is not canon as it is not an actual in game event like Mount Silver.

who says? Clay specifically establishes the PWT in the story. It's as canon as anything else.
>>
>>29999144
And both Team Rocket and Plasma were "Disbanded" at the end of their respective games before the sequels changed that by reviving them with old members. If Red did not defeat team rocket because they came back in GSC, then Ethan/Hilda never defeated Plasma either because they came back in B2W2.
>>
>>29999144
And all those teams had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

Archie and Maxie don't double down until they see how fucked up Kyogre and Groudon are doing to the Earth, not because the trainer kicked their ass.

Team Galactic and Team Flare didn't know what they were fighting for at all. They didn't know Lysandre's and Cyrus' true plans. So in their case, it makes sense they wouldn't regroup.
>>
>>29999213
Hilbert.
>>
>>29999166
With this, there must be a bunch of timelines where players gave up and ditched the games. Leaving journeys abandoned and worlds wrecked.
Gamu freakko needs to be so selective about what to make canon. I want my DP playthrough where I stopped to fap to Cynthia r34 canon.
>>
>>29999145
The Platinum MC has a really, really nice villa.
>>
>>29999145
Because it's about the strength of the Pokemon and the players are just REALLY good at getting strong Pokemon.
>>
>>29999213

yes, that's right

Red shares that in common with Hilbert and Hilda.
>>
>>29999207
>You can't prove he achieved this goal at all
You can't prove he didn't do it either. You supplied no facts or quotes or anything substantial to back your opinion up kohun.
>nb4 "he only caught bare minimum" argument
Well shit, maybe he needs a team of 151 Pokemon to satisfy your ass.
>>
>>29999145
The new generation will always beat the old in Pokemon games. I mean shit, some of the re-matchable school kids and pre-schoolers end up with E4 tier teams. By the time they're 11 they'll be wiping the floor with everyone.
>>
>>29998814
What is Red's team, anyway?

How and why do you battle him? What's the context?
>>
>>29999290
Yeah, and nothing in it. The catalog for the furniture was expensive and a lot of kids didn't know how to unlock everything.
>>
>>29999311

I bring it up because everyone touts it as a "bad ass" thing Red accomplished but there's no canonical evidence he did

the Red everyone is in love with is an invention of the fandom
>>
>>29999339

Same team from Hg/Ss. He and blue run the tower clone.
>>
>>29999357

How about this faggot, Red accomplished whatever we did when we played as him? Are you happy with that?

Every protag did whatever we did when we were them, they're all as good as the player.
>>
>>29999341
Lots of kids couldn't figure how to go down the stairs of their room, who cares.
>>
>>29999392
>lost his starting bulbasaur to a beedrill and lost the game because it was a nuzlocke
Wow Red is really shit.
>>
>>29999368
I still wish Red kept the Espeon from Gold/Silver, it was a nice oblique reference to Gary's starer in Yellow and the last Gen1 starter.
>>
>>29999392
Can't. Everyone had an unbeatable team of six Charizards running Earthquake or a team with teleportglitchMew,Mewtwo,the three legendary birds, and Dragonite. No way could Gold beat that shit.
>>
>>29999392
So Red canonically destroyed reality because he caught and used a strange glitch-like Pokemon off the coast of Cinnabar?
>>
>>29999307
>shares that
>in common

Next time pick one, ok?
>>
>>29999497
No, that save file is gone and a new one is started where he didn't fuck it up.
Step up junior, figure out how to get 255 Masterballs without breaking the game.
>>
>>29999497
Maybe that's why he never talks, because he's literally unable to thanks to missingno glitching up his brain.
>>
>>29999530
For a few magical moments that Red had a level 100 Kangaskhan and was on top of the world.
>>
>>29999530
To be fair most of our Red and Blue games have died due to the battery. Basically they canonically experienced the heat death of their universe.
>>
>>29998882
Don't forget losing to the MCs in Sun and Moon.
>>
Who fuging cares? The other champions get over glorified by the fandom too, but unlike Red they don't have the luxury of being playable characters.
>>
Since Blue and Red lose in the canon does that make Leaf the true GOAT?
>>
>>29999844
Leaf doesn't fuckin exist.
>>
>>29999901
She does in the doujins.
>>
>>29999497
Pokemon is some dark shit, bro, we already know this.
>>
>>29998882
if the defeats in black/2 and white/2 are canon then his catching all 151 pokemon in red/green/yellow is canon unless I'm missing something, I caught all 151 in those games as I'm sure most of its players have done as well so pretty sure that means he did, same way me beating him in gen 5 counts as him losing
>>
>>30000398
>I did it
>therefore everyone else did the same
There are lots of niggas who finished RBGY, but never bought anything past GSC. Pretty sure for them Red stayed undefeated Gold did it, and then it ends.
>>
Reds considered the best trainer because he's the fully canonized player character. Are going to ignore all the patronizing praise PC get mostly in later games? It's just an effect of them being the main character.

Of course Red isn't terribly impressive to us, but in universe he's at worst the 4th best trainer. 9th if. You want to include PC who didn't face him, with only player characters being possibly above him in terms of skill. In universe that's impressive.
>>
>>30000675
Begs the question then. If each PC has a team limited only by what they can catch/trade between versions, who can have the strongest team? Strongest by Smogon Anything Goes or VGC with no banned Pokemon or something.
>>
>>30000778
Brendan/May or Calem/Serena. Maybe Sun/Chicken chan but idk if they get access to mega fug.
>>
>>30000891
Didn't mean they had to be limited by generation mechanics. I meant it could be like those *insert region here* classic competitions, where there could only be Pokemon introduced in those regions. But they could now use updated Smogon bullshit.
>red has a mewtwo that can mega to combat the FUG
>>
>Gold has 3 wins over former pokemon league champions and 16 badges total
>never gets put into a game at all
>>
>>30000778
Mega Fug + Soul Dew Lats would be tough for anyone to handle.
>>
>>30001069
>ash has no wins over pokemon leagues and has 48 badges with 8 """""""stamps""""""" to come soon
>has been in no games besides romhacks
>>
File: green chicken man.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
green chicken man.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>29999497
>mfw missingno. was the first ultra beast to leak into this reality
>>
>>30001100
>Soul Dew Lats
Not anymore, we on Gen 7 meta now. Soul Dew is basically shit.
>>
>>30000778
>Gold is just an annoying cunt with Wobbuffet, Blissey, Skarmory, and Lugia
>>
>>30001320
YAMETE
MY BOIPUCCI CAN'T TAKE THIS
>>
>>29998992
Its more that Red picks not to talk, Blue jabs at him for that.
>>
>>30001320
Toss in a moody Smeargle for good measure.
>>
>>30001427
Bidoof is the real god here.
>>
>>29998882
He took down their leader, and its clear Team Rocket were a mess without Giovanni seeing as they tried so hard to bring him back.

That can be argued both ways, since we don't know what he did and didn't catch.

But does that make him any less of a trainer? Since the main characters are pretty much the best characters of their respective games.

That's like saying the other champs are complete shit just because they lost to you, when its clear that while you beat them, they are still clearly skilled trainers.
>>
>>30000778
>Mega Rayquaza
>Brendan
Brendan is literally the most badass MC in the series. Generations only further expanded on this
>>
>>29998882
He did beat Team Rocket. I thought that was pretty obvious if you played gen 1

The Pokemon you can confirm he caught are the ones he battles you with

He didn't canonically lose to anyone since the fights with him are always post-game, so there's no definitive winner
>>
>>29999127
Still counts as Team Plasma. If Trump were to kill the leader of ISIS, and only for them to come back 2 years later it would not count as a true victory.
>>
If I choose Blue to fight, I lose the chance to fight Red?
>>
>>30002409
I believe you can battle them both at the Battle Tree
>>
>Images 1

Good job
>>
>>30001500
But the champs ARE shit
Cynthia's a child predator who only scraped by because the Sinnoh Elite Four are garbage and she raised an Uber
Steven is a huge pissy baby, as confirmed by the Delta Episode
Diantha is weak as fuck
Alder is just pathetic
Iris is a little girl living in her fantasy world that comes crashing down whenever someone turns the air conditioning on
Lance fucking sucks and has to use his Pokémon against defenseless humans to make himself look strong
Blue is a little bitch that got relegated to Gym Leader, and doesn't even have a type mastery
Kukui purposely lost to you so he could spend more time banging his hot wife and researching Z-moves and shit instead of hanging around a shitty League that's still under construction
>>
>>30003066
>But the champs ARE shit
In universe they are some of the best trainers in the world, you the player just hand them their asses.

>Blue is a little bitch that got relegated to Gym Leader, and doesn't even have a type mastery
Its made clear by Cheren he felt like he was being held back due to using a gym team over his real team. Blue only battles you after you have all Kanto badges, so its a good guess he only uses a non-type based team because he wants to go all out.

>Kukui purposely lost to you
He wasn't the champ, he was challenging you for the title.
>>
>>29998814
Is that supposed to make him look bad? Eleven year olds in Pokemon are the strongest forces of nature.
>>
>>29998865
Why the fuck wouldn't you consider PWT canon? If you're going to count post game for the other two games why not for BW2?
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.