[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand Gamefreak. What's the point of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 129.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
129.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
I don't understand Gamefreak.

What's the point of making Starter Pokemon that no one wants to use because they're useless?

It's been a problem nearly every Generation. It should be fucking basic math that you make the Starter Pokemon good so kids feel empowered with their choice and feel a connection.

Yet more often than not they make most starters trash that get Box'd forever because other Pokemon do what they do 100x better.
>>
>>29989776
>It should be fucking basic math that you make the Starter Pokemon good so kids feel empowered with their choice and feel a connection.
Starters are always buffed compared to other early game mon - and compared to 99% of the other mons and their evos.

Only a few pokemon each gen can outshine the starters, usually the pseudo legends or another popular mon.
>>
>>29989878
>always buffed compared to other early game mon - and compared to 99% of the other mons and their evos.
lowest quality bait
>>
Most kids arent stat obssessed autists
>>
I really doubt as many kids box there starter as you seem to think dude.
>>
I picked Oshawott in BW and Chespin in XY, both times I was just a casual player so I didn't know about natures, movesets, IVs, EVs, etc.
I just chose the starter that I liked the best so obviously kids are gonna do the same, they don't care about shit like I mentioned before
>>
>>29989776
Gamefreak doesn't understand balance and doesn't get how they're making them shitmons.
>>
>>29989776
>What's the point of making Starter Pokemon that no one wants to use because they're useless?
>It's been a problem nearly every Generation.
What was wrong with the gen 2 starters?
>>
>>29989776
>Memefrog
>>
>>29991145
The gen 2 starters are possibly the worst trio overall with "slow defensive grass type" meganium and "no moves" typhosion. Feraligatr is decent with sheer force but still pretty shit
>>
Starters are usually shit. I don't think anyone went "aw man charmander sucks dick, guess I won't use him "
>>
because they realized they made a mistake with the gen 4 starters and since then made them as bad as possible.

greninja was from someone who resisted this.
>>
>>29989776
Same problem with gen 5

Ash probably isn't going to evolve his starters fully
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.