[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's going to NU and you know it. I love the owl too but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: >70just.jpg (63KB, 600x364px) Image search: [Google]
>70just.jpg
63KB, 600x364px
He's going to NU and you know it. I love the owl too but that defensive typing and speed just can't keep up. You'll have a hard time Spirit Shackling anything that can't deal with it.
>>
all the starters are UU and NU bait

OU is going to be
Topus
Mimikyu
Bewear
UBs
possibly Maren but a meta that still has Magnezone completely shut it down so it might end up BL
Araq(?)
Ninetails
Golem
Muk
Minior
>>
>>29987228
... Quick Claw
>>
>>29987300
I actually like quick claw on some pokes because I'm a gambler at heart, but I think you'll find the average person here doesn't think it's worth the weak chance at the item activating.
>>
>>29987288
forgot to mention Goli since it gets a movepool to support it's ability
>>
>>29987228
You people really underestimate how good SD/NP+BP can be. Its typing allows it to switch into many common types as well. Base 70 speed is enough to allow it to outspeed and break walls after boosting. It'll be RU at the least, possibly BL2.
>>
>>29987228
He could be a good RU mon, there arent many good spinners/defogers there than arent weak to SR other than Blastoise (than nobody like to use over Alomomola), Hitmontop (who sucks for being set up fodder most of the time) and Hitmonlee (than dont like to waste coverage). Also is a good Virizion check, one of the best mons in the tier.
And NP/SD make him a good wallbreaker, is fast enough for that job and have good bulk to survive the set up turn.
Also Batton Pass, but most of smogon dont like that move and their are banning it in some tiers or at least nerfing how many boost you can pass
Thats asuming than the SM meta will be like the ORAS meta.
>>
>>29987499
smogon will likely just nerf/ban baton pass from the start with them seeing how much of a problem it became this gen. nothing seems to have changed for it.
>>
>>29987499
Then why the fuck would you bother with this shitmon when you could have a Z-splash or Eevee boost passer?
>>
>>29987228
Well it's not going to be NU but holy shit is that unnecessary 105 spdef really fucking him over
It's probably going to be UU and nothing higher since its offenses are on par with most UU mons plus most of said mons rely heavily on items to be better and boost their stats, I.E what Decidueye needs most of, also the fact it immediately has stiff as fuck competition from a fucking anchor doesn't help it go higher either
Now for the other two, their issue is much more complicated and needs way more attention so fuck that shit
>>
>>29987288
>Golem
>Muk
Literally no way
>>
>>29987648
with a Meta going to be filled with Lele and Mega Ala Muk is going to be valuable

also, dark type means Prankster can't stop him
>>
>>29987608
The stats wasted on special attack are a bigger problem.
>>
>>29987541
I doubt it. Only UU had the balls to ban it completely and the other TLs chose not to inherit the ban because some of them disagreed with it and others thought BP wasn't an issue in their tier. The OUTLs didn't weigh in but considering how retarded the clauses they implemented were I doubt they'll put a bullet in Frakenstein's monster.

>>29987564
First of all, the BP clauses have made it so you can't pass speed+another stat, making Eevee Z-passing banned. And how many mons get both Splash and BP? Though it's not like you would use Splash since it's only usable one time per battle making it way too risky to use since phasing exists. At least with Decidueye you can pass either SD or NP and do it multiple times thanks to its ability to switch into common types and heal up.
>>
>>29987288

>Mimikyu

No, RU or UU.

> Bewear

No, NU or RU.

>Mareanie

No, NU.

>Araquanid

UU.

>Alolan Ninetales.

PU.

>Alolan Golem.

PU

>Alolan Muk

NU

>Minior

RU or UU.
>>
Is everyone in this form forgetting that Choice Scarf is a thing? Decidueye's speed is 262 with a beneficial nature. 262 x 1.5 = 393, just one point under Jolteon. His Attack with a neutral nature for attack is 313. That doesn't seem that bad, at least UU tier in my opinion.
>>
>>29987684
Oh yeah dude that one Prankser mon in OU totally needs to para the monster known as slow as piss Muk.
>>
>>29987688
That too, but at least it has somewhat more use since it has some special moves to at least use them with, even if they're just generic at best
In fact, they are the main way for it to hard counter the anchor as Dhelmise has way less spdef than defense, so it has more usability than fucking meganium level of special defense
>>
>giving any form of a shit whatsoever about smogon "tier lists"

Autism to the nth degree
>>
>>29987765
>he actually thinks Ninehails will be PU
>he actually thinks Minior will be below BL1
>He thinks toxapex will be NU

Man dude, I didn't think it was possible to be this bad at competitive pokemon analysis
>>
>>29987786
That's exactly what I've been fucking saying, it relies on items like most UU pokemon
No one fucking understands this for some reason I hate it
>>
File: 1427536983122.jpg (234KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427536983122.jpg
234KB, 500x1000px
>All this OU, UU, RU and PU crap

I'm still picking him, I've grown too fond of the hooded birb. People can shitpost about him all they want, it won't change my decision nor will I bother with them.

I'll pick seal whenever I feel like bothering with it, but I never really liked Water starters and I can't say the seal's something I can really see myself picking.

Incineroar can wait all he wants in the bench, I'm already tired of Fire starter mons.
>>
File: 1478652827817.jpg (1MB, 800x7000px) Image search: [Google]
1478652827817.jpg
1MB, 800x7000px
>ITT
>>
>>29987853
No one cares if you pick it for the single player. That's not even what we're discussing itt.
>>
>>29987786
>at least UU tier in my opinion
your opinion is wrong
>>
>>29987811
It doesn't just have special moves to use its sp atk with, it has fucking Nasty Plot.

>>29987844
Every mon that uses Choice Scarf in UU is base 80 at the lowest. The most common scarf user is Hydreigon at base 98. The only mon that uses scarf more often on a per-set basis is Mienshao, which is at base 105. Scarfers in UU need to outspeed M-Beedrill and M-Aerodactyl. Decidueye falls short and get murdered by both. Scarf will be shit on it in UU, and a waste of its potential in RU since, and people see to be ignoring this, IT GETS FUCKING SD AND NP WITH STATS AND A MOVEPOOL TO USE EITHER AND THEN PASS IT ON. Its STABs are also too low on BP to really make use of the scarf. Stuff like Scarf Tyrantrum in RU existed because you were just going to hit Head Smash anyway.

That's why people aren't talking about scarfing it. Scarf Decidueye would be shit.
>>
>>29987288
Ninetails in OU ?
Wow as much as i like it, i think you are wrong about that.
>>
>>29987499
You keep posting your fantasy setup scenarios like this as if they happen for free. YOU really underestimate that those things actually take turns to use and don't occur in a magical space between moves for Decidueye. Other Pokemon in every tier, including both those you could have used instead of Decidueye as well as the opponent Decidueye is trying to set up in front of, will use the same time much, much better while either being quick or being able to take a hit, neither of which Decidueye has.

You're not going to get your setup, even if it comes in against ultra-rare Pokemon that can't OHKO it, unless the opponent has something way better to set up (every common setup Pokemon does FYI). You are fucking blind to how unthreatening both the passed trap OR the bird itself will be, even when you get the free time for it out of nowhere. It's really incredible how you shape what you believe around what you wish were true. I like Decidueye too and I really wanted it to be good, but I'm not gonna delude myself just because it didn't pan out.
>>
This is why I don't play competitive. All you smogon fags do is argue while beating yourselves off to the move Stealth Rock
>>
>>29987853
You're in a competitive thread owlfag, nobody cares about your solo game here.
>>
>>29987228
It'll be OU but only because owlfags are delusional retards who will try and force it as the next greninja even though it's the worst thing in the tier and nobody above 1300 elo will use it
>>
>>29987831
You don't get to talk about anyone being bad at competitive analysis when you believe a Pokemon that absolutely requires an opponent to willingly play along in order for its usage scenario to happen will reach anywhere near UU, let alone BL. You only play against AI, don't even try to hide it you fraudulent fuck. Just so you know, people don't act like the AI.
>>
Has there ever in the history of pokemon been bigger cucks than owlfags?
>>
>>29988052
You're not trapping to get a set up, that's fucking retarded.

But please, tell me how you're never going to get a set up opportunity in RU, the tier defined by Alomomola, Venusaur, Flygon, Blastoise, Virizion, and Diancie as a mon with 78/75/100 defenses and Ghost/Grass typing.
>>
>>29988237
Charizard lovers back in DP/BW
>>
>>29988247
>venusaur used sludge bomb!
>reddithoot fainted!
>>
File: slow cat.png (45KB, 247x193px) Image search: [Google]
slow cat.png
45KB, 247x193px
>>29988237
The """""next Greninja""""" fags
>>
>>29988341
so owlfags?
>>
>>29988237
Come to think of it, all the starter fags this time around were bad. Littenfags and Sealfags were just as bad as Owlfags.
>>
>>29988375
FUCKING DELETE THIS
>>
>>29988375
getting warmer, take off about 10 base speed and Sucker Punch from owlfags
>>
>>29988281
252 SpA Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Decidueye: 123-145 (41.4 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>>
>>29988375
SHUT UP!
>>
>>29987922
This is what made me hate the games for a while
>>
>>29988247
You're trapping AS your setup, your own claimed usage. Unless you think it's a good SD mon (please don't be that stupid). Your Alomomora opponent will switch, the others will brush it aside with trivial ease. You get nothing with it, stop deluding yourself.
>>
All starterfags got BTFO
All of them manage to be RU trash.
The owl could """""""""""TECHNICALLY""""""""""" get to BL2 or get BP banned from RU but it'd rot at bottom usage in UU if that was the case which is worse that being moderately good in RU.
>>
>Le old-timey archer gentleman
>Le classy version of noctowl

Decidueye is LITERALLY the essence of reddit turned into a pokemon. Fuck off.
>>
>>29987831
People are blowing their load over Minior way too hard. That thing is probably one of the more overrated mons this gen.
>>
>>29987228
Can trap, curse, and roost stall; so it's a good anti-stall Pokemon at least. Still UU at best.
>>
>>29988466
it'll be good in NU though....
>>
>>29988522
>Can trap
>switch out before an easily predictable Shackle
>switch in a normie
>wow! I'm so trapped
Owl is shit at everything
>>
>>29988582
>normal types
>existing outside PU

salty shittenfag detected
>>
>>29988466
I never once said you're trapping to set up. Read >>29987499 again and tell me where I mentioned trapping. As for SD/NP passing, I think it's absolutely possible since most of the mons that give it trouble in RU are pretty easy to take care of such as Sneasel. This is assuming the meta of RU will be similar to how it is now which is already stupid, but I do think it will be enough to hang with that power level. I'm not saying it's going to be OU or even UU.
>>
>>29988613
>chansey
>>
File: Git Gud.png (196KB, 670x452px) Image search: [Google]
Git Gud.png
196KB, 670x452px
>>29987288
>Ninetails
>Golem
>Muk
>Minior
>Mimikyu
>OU
U have to git gud.
>>
>>29987831

Not Toxapex. Mareanie. The pre-evolution. Toxapex is either UU or OU.

Alolan Ninetales has a shit load of weaknesses that are common in upper tiers. Most Ice-types are either PU or NU. Alolan Ninetales may reach NU, but I doubt it's going anything above it.
>>
>>29988652
>nerfed
>>
>>29988778
>Trying to guess the tier of an NFE
Mareanie just gonna be LC isn't it?
>>
The fact that Dark Types were buffed basically signed it's death warrant
>>
>>29989390
It might be banned from Little Cup or even PU.
>>
Can anyone on this board ever thing about shit when it comes to competitive and viability?

Has it occurred to anyone here that maybe you should take into consideration the other Pokemon in each tier, instead of saying "well this isn't one of the only 3 styles I know of. It must be NU." If something isn't a fast sweeper, a wall, or some gimmick, you people will never expect it any higher than NU. And even when those sweepers or wall, you tier it based off of what it sells instead of what it sell+who they sell it too.
>>
>>29988778
Aurora veil is all the niche it needs.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.