[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate ORAS? All it did was make Ruby and Sapphire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Gengar Patrick.png (206KB, 748x639px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar Patrick.png
206KB, 748x639px
Why do people hate ORAS? All it did was make Ruby and Sapphire better, yet people usually call it worse.
>>
Comparatively, they're fine. It's just disappointing how little they improved them after how well HGSS was improved compared to Gold and Silver. The battle frontier tease was low too.
>>
>>29976423
It's actually just because of muh battle frontier.
>>
ORAS isn't shit because it's worse than R/S, it's shit because it's worse than emerald
>>
>>29976487
>if I put muh in front of it, it's ok if hundreds of hours of gameplay is removed
>>
>>29976423
I don't hate ORAS, but let me tell you what kept it from being better than the original Ruby/Sapphire for me, whose favorite games in the franchise are Ruby/Sapphire yes, even over Emerald, but that's a different explanation.

>character models are unappealing. The Pokémon look great, but the humans can sometimes be just plain hard to look at
>story moments that used to be quick and done with are now drawn out way too long
>new story additions make little to no sense, ie riding the box legend through lava/water only for it to drop you off, THEN fight you
>gym puzzles, as well as the Trick House, have been made much simpler
>Granite Cave now requires backtracking to fully explore
>gates everywhere, the world used to be so much more seamless
>they fucking ruined my favorite city. R.I.P. Mauville
>no game corner
>the best trainers to E4 grind on don't get as strong as they used to before the E4, slowing down E4 grinding for those of us who turned off the Exp Share

That's just off the top of my head. DexNav and Delta Episode were great for expanding the postgame, and I appreciated the porting over of X/Y's online features, but as a whole I was a bit let down by ORAS. Still great, but not as.
>>
>>29976501
>6 glorified battle towers.
>fun
>>
>>29976501
The Battle Frontier was just a competitive style simulation in game.

And Gen 6 already has the Battle Maison.
>>
>>29976423
Typical /vp/ meme "They did it not the way i wanted therefore it's shit". Really the only downside is shitty maison insted of just copypasting frontier.
>>
>>29976423
The lack of features that were in Emerald was a big slap in the face. We were expecting a lot more given how FRLG and HGSS improved upon their source games, and they even skipped a generation of remaking before releasing ORAS so it was (presumably) going to be much more revolutionary than HGSS. And instead we got....RS easy mode with 3D. It was a big letdown, really. The games are fine but it just felt like an insult after all the anticipation
>>
>>29976423
>Release XY before ORAS
>You can remove HMs in the field

>Release ORAS after XY
>You can't remove HMs in the field

Come on, you could have at least made some quality of life changes to make Ruby and Sapphire better instead of just porting the game with better graphics.
>>
>>29976514
no dumbass a glorified battle tower is the maison

>>29976515
>maison
1 mode of 7, fantastic
>>
>>29976423
Shit with sprinkles is still shit
>>
>>29976423
It's not bad, I'm just mad salty that they half assed it and instead of making a better Emerald they made a slightly better Ruby/Sapphire
Wasted potential
>>
>>29976536
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure that you still couldn't do that.
>>
It has:
>None of the improvements of Emerald
>All of the easiness of X/Y, but is not at all rebalanced to account for the new easier features
>Trainers are lower leveled with less Pokemon
Exploration was massively fucked with:
>Cutscenes, generally with Brendan/May, tell you exactly where to go
>You could outright skip Dewford gym until the end of the game. Now it is required before you speak to Steven
>Granite Cave now is just a short path to Steven, all of the exploration is saved for if you backtrack there
>HM04 Strength no longer requires you to sidetrack to Vendaturf. Instead, May/Brendan just gives it to you
>You're flat out fucking given a Mega Lati@s
>Cutscenes make sure you don't just find contests and secret bases by exploration but rather have to find out about these features through the main quest

They basically took R/S, ignored Emerald completely, made it incredibly casual, and took all exploration out of it. It's the shittiest campaign in the series by far.
>>
ORAS looks worse than XY and has less content than emerald
>>
>>29976915
You could also skip winona's gym in the originals
>>
>>29976514
Hello genwun/johtoddler dropout. How surprising to see that you don't know anything but muh day/night and that fun is subjective.
>>
File: 1478931121820.jpg (120KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1478931121820.jpg
120KB, 500x508px
>>29976915
I like you, friend.
It felt like such a drag to play honestly.
>>
>>29976423
>Muh battle frontier
>Muh optional exp share I can turn off but I'll keep on
That's literally it.
The truth is ORAS are better games than all gen 5 games and XY.
>>
>>29976915
spot on

I hate this le epic contrarian opinion meme that's perpetuated throughout this website.
>>
>>29976423
cus original was Dope remembered playing 10 playthroughs on my Gameboy advanced the game was just so enjoyable and ORAS just wasn't as good as it
>>
File: gen 3 wunners btfo.png (1MB, 5641x1492px) Image search: [Google]
gen 3 wunners btfo.png
1MB, 5641x1492px
>>29976915
>trainers lower level

you wat

I agree with the rest though
>>
>>29977351
why did they remove the sitrus berries from the E4?
>>
>>29977351
>late game trainers are 1~2 levels higher in a remake in which the exp curve sends you even higher than in the original
>still not relatively lower level
W E W
>>
>>29976423
see >>29976490
/thread

Also, ORAS is still somehow better than SM.
>>
>>29977674
Don't forget about the part where ORAS gives you way more money, too, as well as things like >>29977407.
>>
>>29977674
>oh fuck they found out about this goalpost let me just hurry up and move it
Just admit that you are comparing the skill you have now with you childhood self who ran a blaziken with Ember/Flamethrower/Fire Spin/Fire Blast, and that you are upset the games were made for a target audience young enough to still do that instead of players who have been around long enough to know what they are doing.
>>
>>29976915
>>You could outright skip Dewford gym until the end of the game. Now it is required before you speak to Steven
I don't see how this is a problem. Other than that I agree with everything else
>>
>>29977674
>you can't turn the exp. share off
If you're overlevelled when you reach the E4 either you left the exp. share on or you've been grinding for no fucking reason. Either way its your own god damn fault.

>>29976915
Most of these are also optional and/or nitpicks. Don't like being given a Lati@s? Fucking box it. Want to explore Granite Cave? Come back and explore Granite Cave. Its not like there was a ton of things there to begin with anyway, it was just an excuse to force Flash down your throat.

>can't skip gyms and find out about contests through the actual story
Literally who the fuck cares? If this was Kanto I could maybe see complaining that they force the gym order on you, but in Hoenn there's a level curve for the gym anyway. Its asinine to skip around.

The only real complaint to have about ORAS is the lack of Battle Frontier, but that had no business being in a remake of RS anyway.

/vp/ is full of entitled crybabies who just want to hate on the newest thing. When gen 8 comes around you faggots will complain about how good ORAS and XY were and how much the series has fallen
>>
>>29979360
>entitled meme

Fuck off shill
>>
>>29976423
It feels about as rushed as it actually was, like they weren't doing it with the same love as they did with FRLG or HGSS. It felt like they were instead doing it by the numbers and trying to do it as fast as possible. And at the end of the day, the best Hoenn experience is Emerald.
>>
>>29979360
>who cares that exoration is removed
>>
The reason people shit on ORAS is really the lack of the Battle Frontier, even though the only good modes it had were the Tower (which already exists in form of the Maison) and the Factory. Also the fact they literally copypasted the Battle Maison, instead of making it a new building. I'm pretty sure if the Tower was in instead of the Maison there would be a LOT less complaints.
>>
>>29976513
>THE STORY IS TOO SHORT!!!
>THE STORY IS TOO LONG!!!
you fags are never happy, im thankful you aren't real reviewers
>>
>>29979486
>>29979360
Samefag
>>
>>29976423
Because there's no Frontier. But /vp/ only wants to shitpost and complain, so they would still do that even if we got it.

I decided to actually try to get the symbols. While Frontier on the newer games would be a nice idea because we can get 5IV pokémon easily, people here would shit on non stop. One of the reasons /vp/ shits on Maison is the "cheating", the rng. I'm sure they would quit it soon on most facilities. Pike on it's own was enough to make me stop for a while with

>enter a room
>gets bumped by a pokémon
>your whole team is frozen/sleep
>get fucked at battles

While I'm here, let me tell that I liked Factory, Palace and Arena. The other ones were either ok or rage inducing. Also don't trust people who say that it gives you hundreds and hundreds of yours. My emerald is still at 94, I play on 4x speed and I took my sweet time to do everything on the game.

I do have my complaints on ORAS too (granite cave, mauville, gen 6 easy mode, no gyms rematch), but it doesn't make it a shit game.
>>
>>29979496
Im >>29979360 and I agree that the story felt drawn out. It hurts its replayability more than anything though.
>>
I bet the people that complain the most about ORAS either never actually paid attention to the BF in Emerald or if they did, they whined about the hax and could never actually beat the facilities. If BF was in ORAS people would just cry about it cheating or being too hard.
>>
>>29979469

>The game being poorly written and not telling you where to go is "exploration."

No. The game is literally just as linear, the only difference is the game actually tells you where to go and why to go there, instead of just wandering around aimlessly because the writing is shit.
>>
>>29976472
>HGSS
>improved compared to Gold and Silver
they changed literally nothing that mattered, just made it prettier.
>>
>>29976915
>m-muh skips!!
You would still have to do them anyway, you'd just be a much higher level.
>>
>>29979503
>One of the reasons /vp/ shits on Maison is the "cheating", the rng.
To be fair, the AI does pick it's "random" composite teams to completely counter whatever you're using after enough wins in a row.
>>
>>29977674
>using the exp share
>moving the goalposts
wew lad
>>
>>29976423
I enjoyed the games, but I really wanted a remake that was the exact same game just graphically better. Them messing around with granite cave for no reason and having wally/Brandon/may have you skip to wherever you needed to go next was annoying. Having loading screens also kind of stunk. I really did enjoy the game but it's the small things they messed with that annoy me. Love dexnav and the updated graphics though
>>
>>29979503
Pike is literally the easiest facility lmao
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.