[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's do something a little different. Let's talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1432534657575676867.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1432534657575676867.gif
182KB, 384x408px
Let's do something a little different.

Let's talk about the parts we had difficulty with in Sun & Moon.
Obviously when I say 'difficulty' I'm talking about wiping/nearly wiping in certain battles etc.

I don't mean to sound like a cunt here, but if you had absolutely no problems with any battles and breezed through the game, you quite literally have no reason to bring that up here. I'm just getting this out of the way for those people who like to feel high and mighty by posting shit like that when nobody wants to hear it.

With that said, I'll go first.
Bare in mind, this was in a nuzlocke run that I did blind, so I had no idea what was coming etc (this thread isn't strictly for nuzlocke runs though, it's for any)

Totem Lurantis is the first bit of difficulty I came across in S&M. What I expected to be the easiest totem turned out to be the hardest for me personally. Lurantis wiped 5 of my 6 pokemon out and I barely scraped through with the win.

I made a full recovery after that and had a strong backup team that I trained up which didn't have much difficulty at all for a while.

Next difficulty spike came when raiding the Aether Paradise.
Guzma of all things too, but you know the most embarrassing thing about this?
I killed every fucking bug he had with ease, except 1. 1 bug that wiped 4 of my team because it outsped everything on my team and 1 shot them all (besides the thing I actually used to kill it).
That pokemon was fucking Masquerain of all things. Yes, I was confused as to how that happened too.

Needless to say the following battle with Lusamine was the end of me since I only had 2 pokemon left.

It was a very fun run though.
>>
Mimikyu wiped my team at least two times
>>
Exp share on, I only had problems at the start of the e4, had to use a lot of max revives because each of them would 1HKO some of my pokemon.
The battle tree fucks my shit up even with perfect injected pokemon.
>>
>>29974548
Yea that Masquerain caught me off guard, but the hardest fight for me was also Totem Mimikyu like >>29974790 said. I didn't lose to it, but the only reason was because I badly poisoned it with Salazzle then stalled it with potions. Another fight that gave me trouble was the one with Hau right before the E4. I wasn't expecting his Raichu to have Focus Blast.
>>
>>29974548
Guzma fucked my shit up the first time I battled him blind.
Got beaten up by his Golispod, then it Emergency Exited out.
Ariados then immediately took the KO will fell stinger and outsped the rest of my team and oneshot everything.
>>
>>29974947
>>29974790
I didn't mention it in my OP but I had some difficulty with Mimikyu as well. I don't 'think' I lost any pokemon, but I remember it being a tough battle and I had to stop and think several times to ensure I made the right moves to not lose any pokemon.
I do specifically remember starting off the fight with my Parasect, expecting to Spore it and then kill it with minimal issues, but of course it had the Lum berry and that made things very difficult to proceed with.
>>
Had to use quite a few revives during the elite 4. Also nearly got wiped during Totem Mimikyu
>>
>>29974548
>I don't mean to sound like a cunt here, but if you had absolutely no problems with any battles and breezed through the game, you quite literally have no reason to bring that up here.

So you want to talk about difficulty, but not talk about the actual difficulty of the game?

My problem with pokemon games that they have been becoming increasingly easy, and this was no exception. I didn't use Z-moves, I didn't use the exp share, and there was never a time I felt like I was close to losing even two members of my party.

Saying git gud isn't the proper way to do this, but nuzlockes are not indicative of a games difficulty due to the randomness they bring. Mine was fairly uneventful, yours was not.
>>
>>29975115
Did you just have a super-optimal team or something?
>>
File: 250px-594Alomomola.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-594Alomomola.png
33KB, 250x250px
>>29974548
Totem Wishiwashi gave me a lot of trouble. He was mildly challenging by himself, considering how monstrous his stats are for that point in the game, but the fact that he summoned pic related with Healing Pulse and Helping Hand just proved for a really drawn out encounter.
>>
>>29975163
I crit totem wishiwashi thankfully.
Seems a dodged a bullet, I've heard some horror stories talking about it + that Alomomola.
>>
Kommo-o was impossible for a long time.
>>
>>29975186
Easy as a fuck using Mimikyu
>>
Kukui's Snorlax was fucking my shit up since I didn't have any real counters to it
>>
>>29975142

Alolan Grimer/Muk went a long way, Magemite more so. Flinch but+poison at the same was pretty cool. I often mugged with thief because they give it to you early.

But that wasn't a difficulty thing I just wanted loot. I didn't even rest for natures, so people having problems with this game just make me wonder how bad their RNG rolls were.
>>
>>29975227
The problem is that this game isn't truly difficult, but some people can get get unlucky with totem summons.
I didn't see a single castform during the Totem Lurantis. Trains were the same breeze they always were, but if you keep a team that has decent coverage nothing in game is all that spoopy.
>>
>>29975206
>he uses 6 full restores on that fucking snorlax
Even more annoying than Anabel's Snorlax

Thank GF for exp share
>>
list everything that wiped my team:
salazzle totem

third island, hau's raichu swept me

elite 4 against hau's grandpa, almost wiped me but I used like 10+ max revives

mimikyu almost got me but I used toxic stall
>>
What's Totem Mimikyu do? I didn't get a chance to see what he can really do since I two-shot him with Incineroar.
>>
>>29974548
First Kahuna, accidentally triggered Mankey's Anger Point, all my ghosties and whatever else I had planned to tank fighting hits got sweeped away by speedy Manky and pursuit. By the time I took it down, only Pooplio was left, who managed to wipe out his other two mons ok.

Most of the major battles I had (totems or captains) I lost at least two Pokemon. I use Exp Share but I love rotating out my team members on a whim.

Oddly Lurantis was the easiest with only one loss, but Marowak tanked everything like a champ after whatever my lead was had perished.
>>
>>29975394
I forgot to mention, I only completed up to the second islands, as I'm saving the rest for the carts.
>>
>>29974548
Pretty easy game until I arrived at E4. The Primeape really fucked me over. Especially because I had nothing to counter fight types with the exception of Brave Bird Decidueye. The boost it got from its ability really caught me off guard.
>>
File: lusamine.png (94KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
lusamine.png
94KB, 400x240px
Hau's Raichu outsped and one-shot my entire team with Psychic, had to evolve my Wimpod to beat him.

Totem Mimikyu almost swept my team because i was unaware of its ability.

I was suddenly underleveled when battling Hapu and for all the other major battles after her.

The E4 wasn't so bad except for Kuikui's Snorlax who kept paralyzing my mons with Body Slam.
>>
>>29975355
I let it attack a bit and couldn't figure it out.
Same with Totem Kommo-o
>>
Fire / Salazzle totem challenge wiped me on my first try.

I had to reset like four times again Kukui at the end, albeit my team kinda sucked, but still.

Red's Pikachu raped me with Volt Tackle, and on my second try, Charizard was just outspeeding everything and wiping me with coverage.
>>
The first totem
The second totem
The third totem
Etc.
>>
Real talk did the AI cheat in this game or is it just me?

When I was fighting the E4, they would toss out a Pokemon against me, and when I would switch, they would immediately switch into a counter for that switch. They were also oddly good at predicting Sucker Punch.
>>
>>29976410
Nah they use common sense, hau's grandad switched on poliwrath instantly when I wipped out a water type.
>>
Guzma wiped me 5 times back to back in the Aether Paradise raid. Everything he had outsped and one shot me. I purposely keep my 'mons underleveled though and I switch team members often (and don't use the exp.share). I finally got lucky by being a little faggot with his lead pokemon wasting a turn on sword dances then proceeded to never hit me again as I start using minimize. 6 cosmic power later and 2 x speed, my clefable swept his whole team with a 260BP stored power.

I used a shitton of X battle items in general in this game, moreso than any other pokemon games. X defense/special defense so good again totem pokemons.
>>
>>29974878
Lol, are you 12?
>>
File: 1443652857652.jpg (96KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1443652857652.jpg
96KB, 840x700px
>>29974548
Keep in mind that I hate grinding, I choose my pokemon based off design and only make sure that I don't have the same type pokemon. I played with the EXP share turned on and skipped 2-3 trainers a route. Usually I end up being 1-3 levels higher than my opponent. If I lose a fight, I don't go back and grind or look for a new pokemon, I keep trying until I find a solution to win.

>Ilima's first battle
Both his pokemon could 2HKO my team, while mine needed 3-4 hits. I had to really abuse status effects and just barely got by. I wasted so much time on this battle.

>Olivia
God damn, this one pissed me off the most. 3/4 of my team had a rock weakness, and the only one with a super effective move was one of them. She would outspeed me AND OHKO my team. I lost count how many times I retried. I eventually gave up and started using items with the meatshield strategy (leave out a pokemon to die while I heal another) and used a battle item (dire hit) for the first time in my life, but even that didn't help. So I resorted to adding two more pokemon from my pc for more meatshields and just barely won. That victory did not feel good at all.

Those are the only two notable battles I had trouble with, mostly due to my team comp. I think I've lost at least once to every Kahuna but just switched around my team the 2nd time and won. Totems I don't think I had any trouble with. Beat the E4 with half my team fainted after each battle, and lost twice to Kukui. Surprisingly didn't lose once to totem Lusamine.
>>
I think the game becomes twice as hard if you don't catch an electric type for Wishiwashi.

Lurantis and the final story boss fucked me up though. That Bearwear....
>>
>>29976754
Oh I forgot to point out that the affection boost saved my ass so many times. Unlike in Gen 6, the affection boost actually made me enjoy the game more than hold it back.

It just feels amazing when your pokemon endures not just one, but three hits in a row when you're about to lose a match and just barely pulls you through.

I never once went straight into Refresh, I just used it whenever it popped up before a battle, took care of whatever problem there was, made sure they were full, and pet them once or twice. It felt more natural to me doing it progressively than maxing their affection at the start.
>>
>>29975612
>Hau's Raichu

Holy shit this
>>
Am I awful for abusing full restores and max revives throughout the game?
>>
>>29977402
If you were having trouble winning without them, no.

It honestly doesn't matter how you play, just as long as you have fun.
>>
File: 1473869843950.jpg (424KB, 514x836px) Image search: [Google]
1473869843950.jpg
424KB, 514x836px
THIS FUCKING BELLHOP ON ROUTE 4 HAS CONSISTENTLY OUTSPED AND FLINCHED ALL OF MY POKEMON TO DEATH WITH ASTONISH ON HIS STUPID FUCKING DRIFBLIM!

I've fought this asshole three times now. There's RNG and then there's this.
>>
Lurantis took me three tries, only won Mimikyu because of bullshit RNG with Refresh. The flying type E4 gave me some trouble too.
>>
>Totem Lurantis
>opened with Salandit Inferno Overdrive
>only got it down to yellow so it called the Castform
>Lurantis heals, Castform kills Salandit
>enter SunnyDay/Solar Blade hell

>Totem Mimikyu
>outspeeds fucking everything on my team
>Play Rough fucking oneshots everything jesus christ what the fuck
>had to use an X Defense on something for probably the first time in my life

>I dont really know what happened but Victory Road Gladion fucked me up, everything about that is a blur

>got my Raichu to set up 2 Nasty Plots on Kukui's Magnezone
>enter the Snorlax
>dont want to fucking deal with it, IKU Z
>it survives
>High Horsepower because why not
>full restores for days

And even though this is postgame
>tried catching Xirkutree without a ground type/Lightningrod/volt absorber

Do NOT do this. Once it kills 1 thing in your party, everything you have will be oneshotted.
>>
This thread has me really excited to go through the rest of the game. Only got a little into the second island before I had to stop.
>>
Sina's Glaceon at the second island almost wiped me. Outsped my entire team and hit like a truck.

Post game, that double battle right before the Battle Tree entrance fucked my shit up. Chlorophyll Lilligant was incredibly fast, and killed my Mudsdale before I could EQ the Electivire that was blasting holes into my team.

Even worse was when I finally finished the double battle with only two Pokemon left. Didn't heal because I thought there wouldn't be any other battle. Then, fucking Red and Blue.
I didn't wipe, but I was forced to spam Full Restores and Max Revives like a faggot to revive my team.
>>
>>29974947
Holyy sh**t
Those 2 moments were difficult to me too. Are you my brother?
The Focus Blast Raichu and the Totem of that Pikachu doll i wont forget that...
>>
>>29979201
>Sina's Glaceon at the second island almost wiped me.
Oh boy, this.

My Brionne saved my fucking ass with Encore to keep it using Quick Attack. ALL of my pokemon ended up hanging on with 1HP through the Amie/Refresh thing.
>>
Hapu's last battle. I had a tough time with her Dugtrio, it outspeed all my team and I had a hard time figuring out its type.

Turns out it was fucking steel of all types, I thought it was fairy or some shit like this
>>
File: 1466843301704.jpg (193KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
1466843301704.jpg
193KB, 1024x692px
>>29979201
>Finish double battle
>had your same mentality
>oh its those 2, well I need to heal so they'll probably let me prep before-
>So who do ya wanna fight?
>Red
>Blue
>no 'not yet'

I was far from prepared for that, though I remembered people saying Blue had a shitty Alakazam so I opted for Red who wasnt that bad. Snorlax gave me all kinds of shit but it was alright for the most part.
>>
How much more difficult does it get if you're doing a monotype run?
I'm planning to use an all-Grass team.
>>
Totem Kommo-o, Totem Lurantis and the E4 gave me the most trouble.

everything else fell fairly easily.

note to self:
never bring a delibird to end-game again
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.