[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's reminisce one more time. Talonflame can get fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: relentless.png (25KB, 362x336px) Image search: [Google]
relentless.png
25KB, 362x336px
Let's reminisce one more time.

Talonflame can get fucked but I have a little pity for the poor bastard.
>>
Hating a pokemon just because its good? Maybe you should get better, the only difference between legendaries and any other pokemon is words
>>
>>29974368
I thought it was the combination of high base stats and rarity
>>
>>29974346
Damn that's not even the image I was looking for.

Anyone have that one collage when people were joking about Fletching's description before we know how ridiculous it was.

>>29974368
STAB 120 base power with priority is absurd and you know it, it made bug, grass and fighting types near impossible to use. Gen 6 Gale Wings is undefendable.
>>
>>29974368
...someone is salty they can't abuse priority anymore.

What's this about "Getting gud" when you just do the same trick over and over again? Boring unskilled one trick pony.
>>
>defend this guy

go away
>>
>>29974346
To be honest? Same.
It was so refreshing to see a Route 1 shitmon actually have that kind of staying power.

I mean, it's still got 126 Speed, so it's not a complete waste of space, but it's gonna be abandoned en masse for the newest gimmick regardless. Kind of sad.
>>
>>29974426
Even with the nerf it's still usable, just not top tier good.
>>
>>29974408
>it made bug, grass and fighting types near impossible to use.
hmm yes, must be why Lopunny, Medicham, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Serperior, Venusaur and Breloom were fucking everywhere
>>
File: stealth rock cereal.jpg (131KB, 450x672px) Image search: [Google]
stealth rock cereal.jpg
131KB, 450x672px
>>29974442
Welcome to the age of Defog Wars.

Something something Pelliper.
>>
>>29974426
>refreshing
>as if Staraptor never happened
Underaged get OUT
>>
>>29974452
That's only because they were that good Anon, that's pretty measly
>>
File: talonflame.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
talonflame.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Rest in peace
>>
File: Relentless..png (824KB, 1944x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Relentless..png
824KB, 1944x1071px
>>
File: talonflame birdemic.jpg (112KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
talonflame birdemic.jpg
112KB, 690x960px
>>29974679
>>
>>29974484
Was Staraptor viable for the whole gen, though? It feels like it was only used early on, before move tutors.

But I wasn't into competitive then, so whatever.
>>
F
>>
>>29974452
>implying Venusaur could tank hits from Talonflame
>>
>>29974754
Intimidate made it popular until Talonflame replaced it. It's weaker than Braviary, but it's speed make it useful for hit and run for multi-nerfs.
>>
>>29974346

I've just broken my 6 month long no /vp/ hiatus, what happened to bravest bird?
>>
>>29977233
Gale Wings only works at full health.
>>
>>29977275
Ah, I see. Thats interesting. I wonder how people would have taken to it if it had originally been that way in XY.

I saw the no Prankster vs Dark types too, is there anywhere to see a list of mechanical changes like that or are people still finding things out?
>>
>>29974778
this guy doesn't know reckless
>>
File: Buffed Mons SuMo.jpg (268KB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
Buffed Mons SuMo.jpg
268KB, 1280x684px
>>29977321
Smogon has all of the changes found so far in the Sun/Moon section, and they apparently found the Prankster change today.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sun-and-moon.374/

To the left is a list of all the old mons that were buffed or changed by abilities and stats, I believe.
>>
>>29977357
Thanks anon, appreciated
>>
I'm more happy M-Kangaskhan got gutted. That guy was freelo for way too long.
>>
File: giga.jpg (254KB, 850x1250px) Image search: [Google]
giga.jpg
254KB, 850x1250px
>>29977357
Huh, Pelliper, Torkoal and Gigalith are some pokemon I always really liked that had not much going for them competitively, nice to see them thrown a bone
>>
File: Onewinged Washingmachine.png (2KB, 98x88px) Image search: [Google]
Onewinged Washingmachine.png
2KB, 98x88px
>>29974346
>Love the designm based on my favorite bird but ON FIRE
>"Talonfalme is cool, Gale Wings looks neat"
>Flash forward a few months into XY
>Rotom and Talonflame on every team
>Expose someone to the meta long enough and they too shall learn to hate.
>"Confound that Talonflame!"
>Fastforward to now
>Its all in ruins

You will be missed.
>>
>>29977357
>Ledian STILL gets ignored
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.