[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

By the gods, why is fishing so fucking garbage in this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: sJbJNV.png (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
sJbJNV.png
16KB, 256x256px
By the gods, why is fishing so fucking garbage in this game?

Dhelmise, and a few other Alolan pokemon, have a whopping 1% chance of showing up in the designated fishing spots, while Magikarp show up 79% of the time.

What would posses them to do this shit?
>>
>>29972933
alola is johto 2.0

loaded with shitmons and 1% encounter rates
>>
>>29972952
Pretty much the best way to put it.
>>
Would the repel trick work?
>>
>>29972933
To give value to catching pokemon. At least you won't have to catch any more after 1 right?
>>
Things are supposed to be hidden and discovered within the game themselves, datamining ruins that aspect of the game.

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can't even find Mareanie unless a Corsola calls for help and it appears for lunch.
>>
>>29973030
>Things are supposed to be hidden and discovered within the game themselves
If I didn't know it had a stupidly low rate, I wouldn't even think it, or Comfey, or Mareanie were even in this fucking region.
>>
>>29972933
Apparently they get a 20% chance when it shows the rippling waves thing
>>
>>29972933
Doesn't it go up to 10% or 20% at night in a certain spot or something. Dex has something with wailord so maybe it has a helper/ pred reaction as well?
>>29973030
It's just 1% otherwise early game I believe. It's 20% later on somewhere.
>>
>>29973067
Rippling water always spawns at the same spot too so it's best to exit and enter to make it respawn.
>>
File: dhelmise attack.gif (850KB, 216x134px) Image search: [Google]
dhelmise attack.gif
850KB, 216x134px
>dhelmise is my favorite pokemon this gen and one my overall favorite pokemon
>found on last island with a 1% encounter rate
Fuck my life. Hopefully I can have someone here pkhex or at least hatch one for me.
>>
>>29973126
I think running "scares" the Pokemon away too. I've sprinted to spots I've seen those waves at and they'd disappear when I'd get close. Unless it was just a short timer.
>>
>>29973030
>Pokemon that only appear when their prey is in danger
That's actually kinda cool

>Corsola's appearance rate is also 1%
What's even the point?
>>
>>29973167
>No outlines
Can I do that on my 3ds?
>>
>>29973579
check on gbatemp for how to remove outlines. Different methods depending if you're on an old or new 3ds
>>
>>29972933
1% encounter is good. Some Pokemon HAVE to be rare.
>>
Rippling water / rustling grass = rare Pokemon easily
Don't waste more time than you need to.

See >>29974687
>>
>>29973167
i was looking for its in game movements before, it looks so cool
>>
>>29972933
Save in front of bubbly fishing spot... Press a... Not dhelmise? Soft reset... Repeat... 20% encounter rate... Fuck you
>>
>>29973030
Acerola has one though
>>
>>29972952
i guess johto was full of shitmons. even the pseudo is garbage. some people say the designs were the best but i'd say rse had the best designs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.