[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So many Pokemon in Sun Moon that their type doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 14

File: TypeDoesNotMakeSense.png (87KB, 1053x1153px) Image search: [Google]
TypeDoesNotMakeSense.png
87KB, 1053x1153px
So many Pokemon in Sun Moon that their type doesn't make sense at all.
>>
your typing is what makes no sense here
>>
>>29972665
>beasts from another dimension
>"It's typing doesn't make sense"

(You)
>>
Lurantis isnt a mantis pretending to be an orchid
Its an orchid pretending to be a mantis
>>
>>29972705
Savage
>>
>>29972665
What type would you make a pokemon made of glass?
>>
>Which part look like grass?
Paper is made from plants.

>Which part look like rock?
It's said to be made of a glass-like substance.

>Mantis that isn't a bug?
It's based on that one mantis that pretends to be a flower. Only reversed. Its a flower pretending to be a bug.

>Anchor that isn't steel?
The Pokemon is the seaweed. It carries the anchor around with it.

>Fur animal that is pure rock?
Arcanine is a fur animal that is pure fire.
>>
thanks for the (You)
lmao what a cuck
>>
>>29972665
i feel like the grass/steel thing has to do with Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, the legendary grass cutting sword, but not for any particular reason.
>>
>>29972665
How the fuck is a wood anchor steel?
>>
>>29972773
Anchors can't be made out of wood, as wood is buoyant. It's rusted.
>>
>>29972665
>grass/steel?
paper is typically made from trees
>rock/poison?
according to its description, it's basically made of living glass
>>
>>29972665

The anchor isn't the pokemon, the seaweed attached to it is.
>>
>the part that's made of paper, all of it
>the part that's made of glass, all of it
>reverse orchid mantis, it's a flower that tries to make others think it's a bug despite not being a bug at all
>seaweed takes priority, alternatively, possibly a wooden anchor
>actually shit, but it's got rocks jutting out of its neck like Lucario's metal spikes for Steel
>>
>>29972759
>It's based on that one mantis that pretends to be a flower. Only reversed.
Not quite reversed. It's based on an orchid mantis combined with the orchids that mimic insect reproductive organs. So it's the latter, using the former as its body shape.
>>
>>29972665
>Because based on cutting. So paper cuts
>Glass and idk why it's poison
>it's pretinding to be a bug
>the Algae the actual Pokémon
>what else would it be
>>
Kartana is like metallic origami, I suppose the Grass represents the paper.
UB-01 is a glass jellyfish. Glass isn't a perfect fit for Rock but it's the closest type.
Lurantis is an inversion of insects disguising themselves as flowers. It's a flower that disguises itself as an insect.
Dhelmise is basically a seaweed kami. The anchor is just what it's growing on and what it lugs around as a weapon. Similar to how Conkeldurr hefts concrete pillars without being Rock type.
Rockruff is the only questionable one but it's no worse than say, Growlithe.
>>
>>29972842
aw fug, too slow
>>
top one is based on oragami, paper = grass
>>
>people complain when Pyroar and Heliolisk are part normal in addition to their types
>people complain when rockruff isn't normal in addition to rock
there is no pleasing everyone.
>>
>>29972665

>Grass/Steel
Origami monster
Sharp as steel, pliable as paper
Paper is made from trees

>Rock/Poison
Glass-like substance. Crystalline in appearance.
Fanart makes the mistake of depicting it as a slimy creature when it's really a Japanese fishbowl made out of meth.

>Mantis that isn't a bug
It's like a reverse Katydid. Living plants in Pokemon games aren't weird.

>Anchor that isn't steel
The anchor isn't the Pokemon, just like Farfetch'd leek doesn't make it grass or Flabébe's flower doesn't make it grass. The Pokemon is the seaweed, grasping onto whatever wreckage it can find.

>Fur animal that is pure rock
Riolu is born a pure fighting type and grows Steel typing in it. How is a Shar Pei (the sand skin dog) pup that grows into a wolf with similar skin and toughness any less different?
>>
>Not complaining about Morelull and Shiinotic being grass type
>Not complaining about Dewpider and Araquanid being Bug type

ffs OP you had one job.
>>
>>29972665
>anchor that isn't steel

Its fucking rusted I should hope it isn't steel.
>>
>>29972895
>>Not complaining about Dewpider and Araquanid being Bug type
Bug is a layman's term for terrestrial invertebrates. Get over it, sperglord.
>>
>>29972929
>Accepting the failures of the American education system

No thank you.
>>
>>29972895
But those make sense
>>
It's paper nigga
How the fuck is a paper warrior that cuts people anything but Grass/Steel?
>>
>>29972895
They're bug type, not insect type. Spiders aren't insects, but they're bugs. You're the only one who had one job here and you fucked it up.
>>
>>29972895
>Not complaining about Dewpider and Araquanid being Bug type
What's wrong there? And don't say "but spiders aren't bugs!": They're not insects, but they are bugs.
>>
File: simiderp.jpg (102KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
simiderp.jpg
102KB, 640x626px
>>29972974
>He thinks mushrooms are plants
>>
>>29972889
Alright. Why is Necrozma, who is literally a rock prism, pure psychic type?
>>
>>29973062
Probably because it's body is interdimensional matter bullshit that we can't purely comprehend by just looking at it physically. It probably reacts in a different way to elements than we'd expect rock to do.
>>
>Crab Pokemon not water type
>Wrestler Pokemon not fighting type
>Owl Pokemon not flying type
>Lei Pokemon not part grass

This gen is a complete failure.
>>
>>29973111
He's based on a fucking land crab.

He's based on an evil heel wrestler

The flowers aren't part of Comfey's body

I can give you the owl.
>>
>>29973062
It died as Cosmog and didn't get to fully develop its secondary type like Solgaleo and Lunala.
>>
>>29973062
Psychic type gets to do whatever the hell it wants. Always has, always will.
>>
>>29973135
I don't know. I think the Minior theory could hold water. Like Diancie and Carbink.
>>
>>29973129
>He's based on a fucking land crab.

So? Pokemon aren't literally the animals they're bassed on.

>He's based on an evil heel wrestler

Still a wrestler.

>The flowers aren't part of Comfey's body

Then Palossand shouldn't be part ground because its body is a ghost and the sand isn't part of that.

Come back with real arguments or stop shilling.
>>
>>29973111
If it were up to me all crustacean Pokemon would be Bug first and foremost
>>
>>29973181
>still a wrestler
>entirely ignores the fact that evil heel wrestler's whole point isn't to fight, but to be the villain and job
Like what part of that is even fighting? They're not even allowed to win.
>>
>>29973062
To correspond with Solgaleon and Lunala as part of the Celestial Trio
>>
Why isn't anyone complaining about Solgaleo being the 'sun' mascot being Fire/Steel instead of shitty Psychic type.
I get the whole alchemy hurrr durr but come on, Fire/Steel would have been an awesome typing!
>>
>>29973181
>So? Pokemon aren't literally the animals they're bassed on.

then why should it be water?
>>
File: 1479004502999.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
1479004502999.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
>>29972665
>Lycanroc not rock/normal or rock/dark
>No double edge/dark stab shinanigans

How boring
>>
>>29973152
It's officially tied to Solgaleo and Lunala in Corocoro and outright called the 3rd legendary:
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/nov_14_assets/3rdlegendary-770x562.png
>>
>>29972752
Ground/electric
>>
>>29972665
>made of a plant product (paper)
>made of glass; glass is made out of melted rocks
>instead of an orchid mantis, its a mantis orchid. We've been over this
>it gets Steel STAB
>Growlithe doesn't look like it's connected to Fire, either, except for being orange, and Lucario isn't metallic at all
>>
>>29973238
Still a wrestler.
>>
>>29972665
UBs are from an alternate dimension so they give fuck all about normal typing looks for the most part.

Lurantis is a plant mimicing a bug like Sudowoodo to trees in gen 2.

The Seaweed is the pokemon.

And lastly do you not see the rocks sticking out of its fucking neck?
>>
>>29972806
>>29972773
>wood anchor
You can't make an anchor out of wood you retards. Wood floats.
>>
>>29973062
It's not just a pure psychic, it's psychic and an empty type slot to represent the emptiness of space.
>>
>>29972665
I don't really care for Ultra Beasts. But really had my hopes on UB-01. I wanted it's typing to be Water/Psychic or Water/Normal. I really like jellyfish that's why. But it's current typing makes sense. You should read it's PokeDex Entry

Lurantis being part Grass just makes me mad. Like why..?! Why couldn't she be Bug/Fairy. Look at the other three Mantis Pokemon, Bug/Flying, Bug/Steel, and Bug/Grass. You can't ship Lurantis with Scyther and Scizor. And she's just in the shadow of the better grass Pokemon this region, *cough* our goddess Tsareena.

I feel like it's gonna be a thing that they do with the upcoming Pokemon. Is to make you guess in a way about what their type is gonna be. Example take a StarFish, and make it a pure Psychic Pokemon, without giving it the water Typing.
>>
>>29972665
Thats not fur.
>>
>>29972665
700 pokemon anon
not much is going to make sense at this point
>>
>>29973469
I dont know where people are getting wood from. It looks like a rusted anchor to me and the seaweed gives it its grass typing.
>>
>>29972665
Do you want it to be Fur type or something?
>>
I still feel like the UB-04s got their type swiped (conspirancy level Venomoth-Butterfree). But Grass/Steel sounds so better to giant bamboo, and Steel/Flying to Origami-Plane.
>>
>>29972665
I remember in some art and text descriptions showing that Rockruff's "coat" is actually, well, rocks. Instead of brushing or combing them, a trainer was polishing his Rockruff with a rag. Their "fur" is actually mostly solid.
>>
>>29972665
>UBs
They're lovecraftian abominations, they're not supposed to make sense
>Lurantis
It's a reverse orchid mantis
>Dhelmise
The seaweed is the pokemon, hence the grass typing. It just happens to be carrying an anchor around with it
>Lycanroc
I'm at a loss there. I realize there's a collar of rocks around his neck, but besides that he just looks like a regular dog. Should be normal or normal/rock, dark/rock for edgewolf
>>
>>29972665
>Kartana
Grass because it's made of paper. Leaf Blade
>Nihilego
Rock because it's glass, which is crystallised sand
>Lurantis
You're literally retarded for still not getting this but; an orchid mantis is a real life bug that pretends to be a flower to hunt. Lurantis is a flower that pretends to be an orchid mantis. It's a reversal of the orchid mantis theme
>Dhelmise
It isn't the anchor, it's the seaweed. It just uses the anchor to attack so it gets the offensive boost of Steel (ability) without the defensive because the anchor isn't part of its body
>Rockruff/Lycanroc
Game Freak is dumb
>>
>>29972665
>Grass is their equivalency for being made out of paper. Steel because it cuts.

>Rock seems to be their equivalency for being made out of glass. Poison because it's toxic

>Probably just for variety, just let it go.

>Its ability is an offensive Steel typing, but they wanted to give it the weaknesses of Ghost and Grass without the defensive benefits of being Steel type.

>Rock dogs clearly have rock bits in their fur.
>>
>>29972665
>anchor that isn't steel
1. The actual pokemon is a spirit that is manipulating seaweed as its body. The anchor is not a part of its body whatsoever. Saying that Dhelmise should be steel is like saying that Farfetch'd should be grass because it's holding a leek.
2. Its ability actually gives it steel STAB in addition to its ghost and grass types, so if you were worried about that, don't be.
>>
>>29973309
In what way does that convey any of the physical qualities of glass?

>Rock
>Resists fire and poison
>Weak to fighting, ground and steel

Seems to convey glass reasonably well.
>>
>>29973111
Why the fuck would the owl be Flying? Flying is for birds, which owls are not
>>
>>29973574
i also thought this
>>
>>29973680
If you could only pick one type like in UB-01's case because it needs room for poison, then rock is a good stand in for glass. But as an answer to the general question of what type would I make a Pokemon made of glass, I'd go with ground/electric for this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgurite
>>
>>29973984
See, I think of Rock/Electric for fulgurite (yes I have a Fakemon called Fulgurmite but) because of how it easily breaks to Fighting, Steel, and Ground. Ground is more durable, but I view Rock (and glass) as fragile because of all its weaknesses
>>
>>29972665
Solgaleo is seak to fire and Lunala is weak to clouds
>>
>>29973294
>trusting corocoro
>>
>>29973111
Should Sandile and Torterra also be Water-Types? I'm definitely happy with the unique Fighting/Ice.

Comfey pisses me off, though. Just like Flabébé. I understand that they're only carrying their flowers, but they have heavy enough ties to grass that no one would have questioned it. At least the three non-Waters I mentioned are all dual-typed. Why omit it on purpose just for another boring pure type?
>>
>>29974171
The filename for Necrozma on the official site has "3rd legendary" in it. Game Freak did not fucking try
>>
>>29973062
Psychic is the type of the mind and perception. Prisms show how pure light truly is, it basically "illuminates" light. A prism should be Psychic type.
>>
>>29974293
>bait
Bait.
>>
>>29973062
It has prisms on its arms but the Pokemon itself is something else.

>>29973111
Mexican wrestling is real, which is why Hawlucha is fighting.

American wrasslin' is mostly showmanship, Incineroar plays the "villain" for that (which is what a 'Heel' is) hence Dark typing.

Owl Pokemon loses flying type because extinct owls of Hawaii were mostly land birds

Lei Pokemon isn't the flowers, it carries them.
>>
>>29974202
>Two of the very first pure Fairy-types are small creatures that carry flowers around for their whole lives
>One of them evolves into some kind of walking garden with flowers practically growing out of it
I don't mind less conventional typings, but I honestly don't see how this is any different than Sewaddle and Leavanny sewing clothing out of leaves. Florges is basically the same thing as plant cloak Wormadam.
>>
>>29974384
>Mexican wrestling is real

It's more real to them and that's about the extent of it.
>>
Solgaleo has a steel-hard body and psychic abilities, including a fucking third eye, how do people think its typing does not make sense. Dark type is Evil type in Japanese, lunala is not evil. Shadows and actual darkness have always been associated with ghost types.
>>
>>29973181
If they're not literally the animals they're based off, why do you think it should be water type?

Do you honestly want another fucking fire/fighting type? Fire/dark is far more interesting.

The website says that palossand literally adds sand to its body, as in it becomes a part of his body.
>>
>>29972665
>BLADE OF GRASS, GET IT ?
>Glass-like : Rock, addictive neurotoxin : Poison
>Reverse of real life : instead of an insect pretending to be a plant, it's a plant pretending to be an insect
>Seaweed
>Not every Rock type has to be Geodude. It's brown, it has rocky spikes, deal with it
>>
>>29972787
>>29973469
You can
>>
>>29974131
It's formed when lightning strikes sand, and every sand Pokemon has been ground type. Especially palosand.
>>
>>29972665
>Not including "Why is werewolf not part Dark type?"
>>
>>29973181
Why the fuck should the land crab be a water type then dumbass?
>inb4 "I was just pretending to be restarted"
>>
>>29974414
>anyone who provides a counterpoint must be autistic

Does conceding to an argument hurt your brain or something, kid?
>>
>>29972665
Kartana is made of pseudo paper, paper is made of cellulose.

Nihilego is made of glass.

I give you the rights about Lurantis.

The pokedex says that the algae is part of the body, that's why it's grass.

Now you're being retarded.
>>
>>29975666
>I give you the rights about Lurantis.

It's a plant that mimics an insect
>>
>>29972787
That's why it's a Ghost type. Nobody used it so it died.
>>
File: 1476799072688.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476799072688.png
143KB, 565x600px
>>29974384
>mexican wrestling is real
>>
>>29972665
>Paper is made from plants
>Glass
>It's a literal orchid mantis, so it's an orchid
>It's algae holding an anchor, thus the steel STAB ability
> Rock Collar. Rock-Ruff. As in a collar.
>>
File: retard.jpg (37KB, 304x312px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
37KB, 304x312px
>>
>>29972665
Paper
Rock has more connections than purely lumps of mineral, its also apparently energy and light related (power gem is basically a laser)
Its an orchid pretending to be a mantis not the other way around.
Its ability gives it STAB on steel moves.
Ah yes I forgot about hair type.
>>
>>29976056
I ate those food.
>>
Ub 1 is rock because its body is made out of a glass like substance. Almost like a crystal and poison because it is a jellyfish.

Kartana is grass because it is like paper and paper is made out of wood. Furthermore if he wasn't quad-weak to fire, the world would end

Lurantis isn't bug because it is like a reverse flower mantis instead of being a bug that resembles a flower, it's a flower that resembles a bug. Also plant Pokémon resemble creatures all the time. Why not an insect

Dhelmise is not steel for one simple reason, it is possesed seaweed. If it was a steel type that would indicate that the anchor was part of its body. It isn't. The anchor is just something it likes to use as a weapon. Farfetch'd isn't a grass type just because it holds a piece of leek. Also it has metal worker because it excels at using the anchor as a weapon
>>
If UB01 is a rock type because of their glasslike structure, then why is Alolan Dugtrio a steel-type?
Are they both not made out of glass?
>>
>>29972665
I think the Ultra Beasts can get a pass at least because they're aliens.
It's from another dimension, we don't have to explain it!
>>
>>29973001
Bugs are a subset of insects, you mongoloid.
>>
File: mirrorshot.png (31KB, 276x384px) Image search: [Google]
mirrorshot.png
31KB, 276x384px
>Glass is Rock
>Mirrors are Steel
Explain this.
>>
>>29972728
>Pokemon from outer dimensions has stats to Pokemon, can be healed using the same methods used to heal other Pokemon, and can learn Pokemon moves through the same methods as other Pokemon
>"Well I have no real argument against this post. Better type out my own post sounding like your argument is rediculous to even think about despite it being a reasonable thought. Then reply to this guy replying to me by calling out my bullshit doing the same thing."~(You)

Why is vp filled to the brim with underaged Tumblr cunts that can't argue for shit?
>>
>>29973181
>BODY IS A GHOST
>>
>>29973264
Once again
Steel is Light in Pokemon
Psychic is Space
It's Literaly LIGHT IN SPACE the Pokemon,
>>
>>29978982
Glass is made out of heated sand (made of rocks)

Metals often have mirrored surfaces, and the cheapness of the kind of mirrors we use now, polished metal surfaces were the mirrors most people used.
Infact Mirror Shot says that it's a "flash of energy from its polished body", what other type would that go to?
>>
>>29978982
Light is steel.
look:
>>29979525
>>
>>29972665
>Grass=Paper
>Glass=Rock
>Orchid Mantis=Grass
>Algae(the actual body)=Grass
>Rock bits and edges=Rock
>>
>>29978982
well, glass is made with a few of metal (lead i think)
btw, glass is kind of ceramic so...
glass is ceramic>rock
mirror is glass with metal>steel
>>
>>29972665

>why is paper grass???
>why is glass/crystal rock???

are you retarded op?
>>
>>29979565
>heated sand
Sand is literally Ground-type though. So it should be Ground/Fire then.
>>
>>29979633
Sand can either be Rock or Ground by Pokemon standards. Sand-Attack is Ground, while Sandstorm is Rock. They probably thought Rock was more appropriate for Nihilego since it's supposed to be crystalline.
>>
>>29972665
It's made of paper which is made from wood hence Grass
It's made from crystal which has always been tied to Rock, still pretty unexpected though
It's based on an actual species of plant that evolved to look like a bug to scare off other bugs but the joke is that the plant is actually alive so it's a plant pretending to be a bug pretending to be a plant
Got me there
I don't see the issue
>>
>>29973693
Underrated
>>
>>29978911
A word can mean some two different things that sometimes overlap. For instance, "faggot" can mean both a gay person and OP, and sometimes OP is a gay person. Bug can be used technically as a subset of insect, or more generally to refer to arthropods.
>>
>Not a single Pokemon that is Grass type is actually made of, covered in, or has grass
>Nobody complains
>>
>>29979886
Faggot can also mean a bundle of sticks. So is OP Grass-type?
>>
>>29976056
>He doesn't know El Santo is the one who brings justice in the land forsaken by corrupted cops

Who do you think saved you from zombie attacks?
>>
>>29979931
I never said that when one meaning is used it necessitates that all meanings are used at the same time.
>>
>>29979902
But they're green!
>>
Forgetting the seaweed for a moment, why do people never seem to mention that it's as much a wooden steering wheel as a metal anchor?
>>
>>29980137
Because it's already Wood-type.
>>
I'd tolerate any number of dumb looking types if they'd just be creative about it instead of releasing clones of old pokemon that don't even have the stats to take on roles the old ones couldn't.

there should never be a pure grass type released again
releasing the anchor alongside decidueye was a huge dick move, and they've both got that shitty stat spread that makes them compete with the wisp tanks from gen 6

Nihilego and Kartana are cool simply for being unique type combos
>>
>>29972969
If it was called Insect type you might have a point. The word Bug applies to all creepy crawly critters.
>>
>>29972773
Did I seriously just read this...? Like, is this ACTUALLY a real post?
>>
>>29974590
Anon...
>>
>>29972665
>Kartana
I get an origami vibe from it. Paper is a plant product. But it also cuts things, like a sword. Steel.
>Nihilego
Is that top part crystalized? If so, there's your rock right there.
>Lurantis/Fomantis
That's the whole point. Fomantis = Faux Mantis. As in "not really a mantis, but trying to pass as one"
>Dhelmise
It's ability is like a triple stab. It is a Ghost/Grass/Steel type, but it lacks steel weaknesses. In-game, this could he because the actual pokemon is just using the anchor, it isn't the anchor itself.
>Rockuff/Lycanroc
Really? Pokemon have been "real animals, but colored different" since gen 1. Growlithe doesn't have any literal fire on his body. Neither does Vulpix. Most water pokemon are just aquatic animals. And other than Rotom, I don't recall a single electric type whose body is literally made of electricity.
>>
File: IMG_0688.jpg (44KB, 276x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.jpg
44KB, 276x320px
>tree
>not a Grass type
This is how retarded you sound OP.
>>
>>29972665
Lurantis is based of an Orchid Mantis, a mantis that looks like a plant. So they made a plant that looks like a mantis.
>>
File: 201412_2135_facec.png (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
201412_2135_facec.png
92KB, 500x375px
>>29972759
>The Pokemon is the seaweed. It carries the anchor around with it.
>>
>>29972895
Elemental types were a mistake.
>>
>>29973360
Wrestler isn't fighting
>>
>>29979066
You do realize that you lose any possible argument that you may have had when you call someone Tumblr, right?
>>
>>29972665
>implying that rock/poison is not the perfect type for the living crack pokemon
>>
>>29972665
>Kartana
Origami=Paper=Trees
Katana=Steel
>Nihilego
Blown glass jellyfish with glass-like features such as a crystal ball for a head
>Lurantis
An orchid that is anthropomorphised as a mantis humanoid
>what is a wooden anchor and wooden steering wheel doing thinking it's a Grass type!?!? Must be the not grass algae attached to it

I'll give you Rockruff, Nightruff doesn't even have any rocky features and doesn't get a type change. Zero sense
>>
>>29973469
What is a hardwood?, for 0 points
>>
>>29979633
>Sand is literally Ground-type though
>Sandstorm is a Rock-type move
>the Sandstorm weather condition boosts the Special Defense of Rock-type Pokemon and not Ground-types
Nah.
>>
>>29972752
ice
>>
>>29972705
fpbp
>>
File: bFHfptD.gif (1MB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
bFHfptD.gif
1MB, 260x173px
>>29974384
>Mexican wrestling is real
Pic related.

>...which is why Hawlucha is fighting.
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
Dark type aka Evil in nip.
Fighting aka Hero in nip.

Evil wrestler is a heel that uses dirty tactics to win.
Hero wrestler is a face that fights valiantly.

>>>/asp/ before you post about something you dont know a fucking thing about, idiot.
>>
>>29972731
Also, it could be a bug. Stunfisk is a fish that isn't Water. Ponyta is a mammal that isn't Normal. Why can't there be a bug that isn't Bug? If Bug is a bug's base typing like Normal is for mammals, then it can be overwritten if there's a strong type affinity.
>>
File: IMG-20160718-WA0064.jpg (24KB, 363x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160718-WA0064.jpg
24KB, 363x394px
>>29972759
> The Pokemon is the seaweed. It carries the anchor around with it.
>>
Nihilego is Rock because glass is made out of sand, which is technically minuscule rocks. Dhelmise is the seaweed on the anchor, not the anchor itself. Lurantis is based off of a mantis that camouflages as a flower, but reversed. The dogs are just typings because rock/normal would be a really dumb typing. Idk about that UB tho
>>
Ok, according OP's logic every Water Pokémon must be made of pure water... First time they do a decent design Rock Type and you guys complains. Fuck off
>>
>>29985184
>Wood Hammer
>Trevanant is grass type
>Exeggutor is grass type
>>
File: 1362051029454.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1362051029454.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>29984557
Now I don't want to because you're being a jerk puts me off being part of that hobby now.
>>
>>29973062
psychic is basically the space-themed type
>>
>>29980400
>Sudowoodo
>Pseudo Wood
Please learn words that originate your favorite Pokemon's names. I say this out of love.
>>
>>29972665
That is clearly a wooden anchor
>>29985184
Complain to gamefreak for not creating a 'plant' type instead of going full retard.
>>
>>29985184
>wood should be a different type from grass
How to spot an autist
>>
File: 1433781333434.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433781333434.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>29972665
I think lurantis is this. At the end.
>>
>>29985184
If you're so smart, explain why a paper Pokemon is Grass type if not because paper comes from plants?
>>
>>29984025
And all the pokemon made of sand are ground type
>>
>>29972806
By why would an orchid want to seem like a bug? They share like half of their weaknesses. Did gamefreak look over their previous interesting ideas and forget the use of mimics like sudowoodo?
>it's a bug.
>I'll hit it with a fire/flying move
>>
>>29985529
What Pokemon even are there that are made of sand? You have the Palossand line and...?
>>
>>29985352
It's not a wooden anchor, the algae itself is the monster, that's why it gets an ability that boosts Steel moves. It's not part of it, it's using the anchor itself to attack.
>>
>>29984603
A simple way to find out is to check if it's on the Bug egg group. Gligar, Trapinch and Skorupi belong to that group and none of them is Bug-type.
>>
>>29985529
If you temper sand into glass it isn't sand anymore
The rock type resistance to fire represents the change
>>
Kartana is the origami representation of a grass-type pokemon, obviously.

Alternatively, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusanagi
>>
>>29985625
But the algae shows no sign of having eyes or being alive or anything and the anchor's compass which is made to look like the eye kinda tricked us. But I guess that's the point, to trick us.

So that's why I'm having a hard time believing he algae is the Pokemon.
>>
>>29985664
>Skorupi is not a Bug-type
Get out
>>
>>29985703
Not very different from Parasect being the mushroom instead of the lifeless husk if you think about it.
>>
>>29985719
Oh yeah, I forget it's Bug-type before it evolves to Drapion.
>>
>>29985184
Ah, yes, of course, how could I have forgotten the Wood type that exists for exactly this purpose?
>>
>>29985529

1 doesn't make a pattern
>>
>>29985703

>algae isn't alive
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.