[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we end this meme already? >gen 1 >catching mewtwo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (3KB, 439x134px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 439x134px
Can we end this meme already?

>gen 1
>catching mewtwo

>gen 2
>shitty version of kanto (you can beat the johto league with level 30's so it really only feels like the other half of the game)

>gen 3
>legends + battle frontier + sevii islands

>gen 4
>legends + battle frontier

>gen 5
>facility + legends + handful of sidequests

>gen 6

>gen 7

Post-game has always been and will forever be a meme.
>>
>>29972354
HGSS, B2W2, Platinum, and Emerald are some of the most engaging pokemon games made, stop trying to defend laziness, you can like the new games but don't pretend they are anything great.
>>
>>29972488
Did you post this in the wrong thread, dumb fuck?
>>
>>29972354
>Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
82/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Emerald
76/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon LeafGreen/FireRed
81/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
85/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Platinum
83/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
87/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Black/White
87/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Black2/White2
80/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon X/Y
87/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
83/100 on Metacritic
>Pokémon Sun/Moon
88/100 on Metacritic

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>29972354
>I will just accept a shitty game, won't even complain
Spoke like a true cuck.
>>
>>29973809
Games with new content = good
Games with rehashed content and a slight amount of new content slapped on = bad

I too rate DP higher than Platinum on the basis that it isn't literally physical DLC building off of an a then-2 year old finished game.
>>
>>29973809
Metacritic likes gen 3 the least
>>
If the credits played after beating Lysandre and everything after that was the same /vp/ would praise XY as having a great post-game.
>>
>>29973835
>Likes a game
>"Nuh yuu dunt liek gaym! Itsss shitt, gaymfreek diksuker"
>>
>>29973866
I like all the pokemon games, hoping for a better experience is normal if you arent a fucking GF apologist.
>>
>More features are accessible during the main game
>People will still complain about lack of content

I will never get this stupidity.
>>
>>29973845
But BW2 is like an almost different game compared to BW.
>>
>>29973889
It's not a shit game though, you just had way too high expectations for no fucking reason. The game is not worse, if not better then some of the previous games.
>>
>>29972354

Yeah, I have no idea why Kanto in Gen 2 is considered postgame. It isn't. It's the second half of the game, the only postgame is Mt. Silver and battling Red.
>>
>>29972354
Games should be judged in playtime terms rather than main game/post game.
>>
>>29973915
They aren't but you will buy and rejoice any shit GF pulls at you by the way you're talking, I enjoy the games because I don't have high expectations to begin with, but don't blame people for wanting more.
>>
>>29973967
>I'm so used eating shit the second I taste real food I immediately claim it's a masterpiece
(You)
>>
>>29973916
Beginning through first elite 4 run: main campaign
Anything else is either post-game or side content.
Regardless, I agree with >>29973947.
>>
I'm not a fan of Sun in general. in fact, I hated the first 15 hours.

But it took me 22 hours to beat the elite 4, and by the time I'd wrapped up all the postgame stuff I was at about 35. That's no exactly 'no postgame', is it?

Honestly, having gone through that postgame stuff I like the game a lot more now than I did before.
>>
File: 3553_6ea8.gif (738KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
3553_6ea8.gif
738KB, 500x350px
>>29973809
>>Pokémon Black2/White2
>80/100 on Metacritic
>>
>>29974817
outside of /vp/ gen 5 is considered one of the worst
>>
>>29973809
sun and moon isn't even released yet that 88 will go down by at least a point. anyway i think it would be nice if the games had some replay value so that the whole region doesn't feel like an empty edamame pod once you finish the main storyline. face it - catching pokemon is boring and the battle facilities while fun don't encourage you to explore the region, which imo is the funnest part of pokemon games (not including online battling). they should just make the regular trainers have their encounter triggers reset and be much higher level with better ai. They won't do that and i'm not just going to buy the game for the story.
>>
>>29976279
At some point you have to consider the fact that you're asking too much out of a video game.

Tacked on multiplayer is considered a luxury for most AAA games.
>>
The real meme is implying Gen 5s "go talk to 8 people" is better than Gen 6s entire mini campaigns
>>
>>29972354
>>>gen 4
>>legends + battle frontier

+Battle Zone you faggot
>>
>>29974839

It's the highest scoring non-Gen I game in Famitsu and one of few games to ever achieve a perfect score.
>>
>>29973809
>R/S = 82/100
>E = 76/100
This is why no one should ever take metacritic or """"""professional"""""" reviews seriously.
>>
I like how when discussing post game in Sun/Moon people conveniently ignore the fact that:

SM has no catchable National Dex in the post game

SM has no new areas, towns etc to visit in the post game.

The idea that it has more or just as much post game as X/Y is factually incorrect.
>>
>>29973915
It's the 20th anniversary game, and GameFreak/Nintendo even touted it that way. It's not fan's fault GameFreak got their expectations high just to shit on them...

Okay, maybe it kind of is because they did the same thing with ORAS, but still.
>>
>>29973902
Not true, they rehashed the whole region and almost all sprites.
>>
>>29979735
wow friend safari such content

>no new areas
but that's incorrect
>>
>>29979672
Isn't Famitsu like the IGN of Japan? They gave MGS 4 a perfect score ffs.
>>
>>29979734
Nigga, the main complain was that it's literally a rehash of RS, which is true.
People keep sucking Emerald's dick while ignoring that 95% of its content is copy-pasted.
>>
>>29979828
That's not a valid criticism. Emerald is objectively better than Rub/Sapphire in every way, and yet the morons in the gaming press took points off because "it's too similar"? No fucking shit, it's the third version. You mention that in your review, but you don't count that as a fault with the actual game. There is no excuse for that.
>>
>>29979735
>SM has no new areas

That's not even true, you faggot. There is a huge chunk in Poni Island which you can visit only after becoming champ
>>
>>29979847
It's better in every way because it's Ruby/Sapphire ver 1.1, but that doesn't change the fact that it's largely a repeat of RS with some extra sprinkles. Third versions do not have to be this copypasted, just look at B2W2 and how it managed to stay original and avoid that trap.
>>
>>29979847
>and yet the morons in the gaming press took points off because "it's too similar"? No fucking shit, it's the third version

The thing is reviewer don't give a fuck up GF's ultra-greedy "let's just release a rehash one year later with minimal added content to gain more jew-bucks". They treat it as a new release and criticized it for being a rehash.

Seriously, BW2 is the only game which did the greedy "definite edition" right.
>>
>>29979815
Perfect score for a perfect game. Only memebabies who wank over BIGGU BOSSU don't love it.
>>
It's 2016

Gameplay standards have changed
>>
>>29979911
Again, you're complaining about the practice of rehashing an already existing game, which is fine, but completely ignoring that that ISN'T a fault with the game.
>>
>>29979919
Yes, and they're wrong for doing so, as already explained.
>>
>>29979938
*perfect score for a perfect movie
>>
>>29979963
Sure, I can see what you mean, but reviews are not objective measures of a game's quality (and are not supposed to be either) and don't exist in isolation. If a reviewer feels that a game is too samey to a game they played last year then of course that's going to diminish their enjoyment with it and affect the score.
>>
>>29979999
>le its a movie meme

No gaems amirite XDXDXD
>>
>>29980001
But they aren't above criticism themselves. When they fuck up, like they did by rating Emerald lower than R/S even though it's objectively better, they can expect people to shit on them.
>>
>>29980058
Sure, but that "criticism" isn't going to mean shit when it stems from manchildren not understanding what reviews are and do.
>>
It just sounds like you're all bitching just to bitch. If it bothers you that much, play a hack or fan game. Or wait for the inevitable Gen VII ones. Or maybe that potential Gen IV remake. Move Tutors and Sinnohan forms, maybe?

So far it looks solid and while the apparent post game seems to vary, no one is counting the features they added in. It has to count for something.
>>
no one is going to mention that huge fuckign island in diamond and pearl accessible only after the elite 4? it has several cities and routes
>>
>>29972354
When 6's postgame facility is a dircect lift of gen 2's facility with just updated mechanics

That's lame as shit
>>
>>29979945

FUCK OFF
>>
> MUH post gaem
You want more shitty battles?
There is decent AI VGC format battles.
Also in a game where the purpose is "catch em all" most of the casual fucks think the point is to "beet the leet4 and I'm dun"
>>
Remember
There's absolutely no postgame if there isn't a battle frontier
>>
>>29972354
Why do people even want postgame content? The little bit of content we do get after beating the E4 could easily be sidequests for the main game. I want more shit to do in the main game than just get badges anyway.

>>29980519
And besides, Gen 4's battle Frontier was just five Battle Towers with slightly different rules. We'll never get something as fleshed out as Emerald's Frontier again.
>>
>>29980710
>Frontier
Why not just play real people as was originally intended?
>>
>>29980710
>Why do people even want postgame content?

Replayability.
>>
>>29981338
what is battle spot? oh that's right you fucknugget, it's replayability personified
>>
>>29979847
This would be true if RS hadn't been a thing before it.
>>
>>29973809
That they pull random numbers out of their ass when rating games.
>>
>>29980035
When you want to come back and act like an adult you can sit at the big boys table.
>>
>>29972354
Battle Frontier (almost infinite replay value) >>>> a couple of side-quests.
>>
>>29973845
>I too rate DP higher than Platinum

How are you able to type after having a full frontal lobotomy?
>>
>>29982061
How are you? Considering you weren't even able to read literally the next few words.
>>
>>29981373
>what is battle spot?

My 3DS isn't a phone. I don't always have access to online. And even if I did the BF simply offers a different set of challenges from online.
>>
>>29981809
Just because you don't make your shitposts obvious doesn't mean you're not shitposting, anon.
>>
>>29979999
kys
>>
The main story of these games is always faceroll easy.

Breeding, EV training, and a huge chunk of the other content in the game is completely unnecessary for the single player unless there's some sort of more difficult post game facility.

They would be useful for online battles, but fights against randoms are usually just facing the same cookie - cutter team over and over forever, so why bother?
>>
>>29982521
found the underage.
>>
>>29982126
yes, inferior sets of challenges
>>
>>29973809
I bet you morons think that they should have given B2W2 a 94 and XY/ORAS a 60.
>>
>>29979999
Quads wasted on shit taste.
>>
>>29982800
Found the underage weebshit.
>>
>>29982524
You obviously don't play online very much.
Don't do battle spot, do ranked
Or go on a forum and find a battle.
You can't just be a degenerate then blame the game for sacking.
>>
>>29972354
Post Game is autist bait like Battle Frontier and Maison, kids dont give a shit about any of that stuff.
>>
>>29979735
>no new areas
blatantly false
>>
>>29973848
they probably found some of the minigame content too repetitive and shallow which is true.

fuck Pokeblock making and berry collecting.
>>
>>29980710
>le RNG frontier
>liking Pike's "whoops my pokemon just bumped into you and now everyone is frozen" RNG bullshit
>liking Palace where you literally do nothing
>implying Arena and Dome weren't just glorified Towers anyway
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.