[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm new to this board and I noticed that everyone kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0369.jpg (80KB, 636x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
80KB, 636x370px
Hi, I'm new to this board and I noticed that everyone kinda shits on XY and ORAS. What was wrong with the games? Personally, I didn't find them that bad
>>
>I'm new

I guess that explains the sudden surge of DP apologists and XY apologists.
>>
>>29963437
3D
>>
>>29963437
The most common complains for both are the Exp. Share trivializing the whole game (and even then it's still somewhat easy for pokemon standards) and the lack of a good post game.

I personally think ORAS kinda tried to fix both a little (the champion's actually challenging and there's slightly more post-game content) but also failed in the process, cause the exp. share's still there and there's no Battle Frontier.
>>
>>29963437
X and Y was boring and bland
>>
>>29963437
I find XY to have an extremely boring plot, it's also relatively easy and even easier with the Exp. Share. In fact, it's so much easier to play with Exp. Share that it's tempting to have it on, defeating the point of raising Pokémon normally.
>>
i started a thread like this saying i thought xy were better than sun/moon (having just beaten sun) and got a 24 hour ban for genwars

watch yourself OP, some sensitive mods about
>>
>>29963437
It's just cool to shit on the current gen and the previous gen. Once we're 2 gens passed it everyone will praise it, just like gen 5 now.
>>
File: stupid.png (97KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
97KB, 400x240px
>>29963437
>taking a picture of a screen
C'mon you have to have a CFW to do it so you don't have an excuse
>>
>>29963701
But Gen 5 is a more decent game overall than XY...
>>
>>29963726
>to do it
I meant take an actual screenshot
>>
XY are a complete disappointment from every point of view

ORAS are inferior to RSE from every point of view, and are basically a commercial game GF made in one year just to make a bunch of cash
>>
>>29963437
XY has as many flaws as other "initial pairs" like RS or DP or BW1.

ORAS has as many flaws as FRLG and HGSS.

In short, both games are good, Especially ORAS, I would say is actually a VERY good Pokemon game, with a rich amount of content.
The reason why /vp/ shits on these 2 games that much? Iam not sure, but I think it´s not a problem of the games, but a problem of /vp/- I think the people on this board are getting exponentially more dramatic about minor flaws, with each new release. So, a small flaw during Gen IV, would be treated as a small flaw. During Gen V, a similar issue, would be treated as a big flaw. And during Gen VI, a similarly small issue, is treated as an unforgivable, gamebreaking issue. Soon we will know how are flaws treated in Gen VII. I am hearing some people talking about leaving the franchise, so I think they are getting even more dramatic.
>>
>>29963767
>The reason why /vp/ shits on these 2 games that much?
Nigga, because they're shit. We all played the same fucking game. Stop being apologists. I don't even have to read the rest of the garbage you wrote.
>>
>>29963701
B2W2 has always been a really good game though, with real solid postgame and tons of fairly challenging fights if you wanted to have them. If they had implemented hardmode properly it would been a fucking amazing game.
I still rate B2W2 as the best game in the series, followed up by Platinum and then Emerald.
If ORAS had just been Emerald with a phys/spec split I wouldve been happy.
>>
>>29963767
Gen 6 added nothing but trainer customization, PokeBank, and made it easier to trade and battle people. Some people liked Mega-Evos, too. The story was shit, no post-game on either game, the difficulty was non-existent.The entire generation felt like a demo so the only thing motivating us to keep playing was the hopes that "Oh, ORAS will be a 1:1 remake of Emerald!" "Oh, just wait for Pokemon Z! It'll be the Emerald/Platinum of the 6th generation!"

It's easy to get upset at Gen 6 because of what Gen 5 brought to the table. It even ignores great additions to Gen 4.

They had us spend hundreds of dollars for a 3DS then more money then laughed at our criticisms by saying the games were made for children, and its difficulty and creation was to compensate for children's lack of an attention span. They gutted their own series and sold us $200 hardware and a bad generation to combat children playing mobile phone games.
>>
XY were garbage and ORAS was a rehash of the worst gen to date.
>>
>>29963757
>ORAS are a commercial game GF made in one year just to make a bunch of cash

This meme needs to stop. Because all remakes and third versions are made in one year time, more or less. ORAS wasn´t any more rushed than other remakes/third versions. Stop calling a game rushed just because you personally dislike it.>>29963913
ORAS recently became the best selling remake of all time, with 13+ millions sofar. So yeah... You are a vocal minority.
>>
>>29963437
Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>29964252
>ORAS recently became the best selling remake of all time, with 13+ millions sofar. So yeah... You are a vocal minority.
>it sold well so it must be GOOD! BTFO!

Bro, even I bought ORAS day one and didn't even leave Rustboro for like two months. I even brought my 3DS into the bathroom to do something while shitting and I ended up reading labels in the back of misc bottles in the bathroom.

It sold because of nostalgia, you stupid hick. Look at this fanmade trailer:
https://youtu.be/nkaPpwOhr8Y

These are the kind of people who casually buy the series. They don't ask for anything new, they don't expect the games to be great or Nintendo to improve themselves. They're buying the fucking game for nostalgia, so they can feel like a kid again. Just because 13million people bought shit doesn't mean it's good without flaws. Trump as the US president is a shining example of this.
>>
Played a bit of Y today actually.

God Kalos is such a bland boring region. Everything looks so washed out. So many locations are completely forgettable and generic. Not to mention the music is so unremarkable IMO. It's an ugly game too, I've really grown to hate the chibi look gen 6 has. Not even mentioning the shit plot, terrible characters bar a few and complete and utter lack of post game. Probably some other stuff. The games were a lot of fun at launch but they did not hold up past the honeymoon period for me at all.

ORAS is fine in a bubble, but compared to Emerald it is really lacking in a lot of ways. Unlike FRLG and HGSS that took everything from the originals, improved them and added even more on top of that, ORAS completely ignores almost everything Emerald added and improved and were pretty much literal beat for beat RS remakes with some new features of it's own that are inferior to the Emerald features. While I think FRLG and HGSS are the definitive versions of gen 1/2 I would still go back to Emerald over ORAS to experience gen 3 and that shouldn't have happened.

Gen 6 is easily my least favorite gen
>>
XY was okay but had a lot of problems. It was far too easy, even with exp. share turned off for the whole game. Gym leaders and rival battles were a joke because no one used more than three Pokemon. Pokemon games have always been easy and simple, but XY was just braindead easy. The game also seemed to focus more on making things like pretty rather than fun. For example, they hyped rideable Pokemon but the controls were so sluggish and awkward (except for skiddo). The Gogoat shuttle in the city was a joke. Another would be Lumiose City. It looks really cool but it's a nightmare to navigate. The loading screens and terrible camera angles were atrocious. They sacrificed gameplay for aesthetics. Nothing in the game felt very polished. Everything felt very rushed and half-assed.

ORAS was poo poo. It was literally just RS with better graphics and updated gameplay mechanics. It didn't incorporate any of the changes from Emerald, like gym leader teams that weren't a joke (hello Mossdeep gym leaders who only use two rock pokemon in the middle of the fucking ocean which you use surf, a move that hits both pokemon in a double battle, to travel across). ORAS looks like shit compared to XY. Everything looks so blocky while XY looks like it was designed with 3D in mind. I know that's the point - ORAS is a remake of RS after all, but it still looks like trash. This is going to sound gay as hell, but it feels like ORAS doesn't have any "soul." There was no "love" put into this game like there was with the previous ones. It just feels like a cash grab. All they did was copy/paste elements from XY and change them slightly. Seriously, look at the Battle Maison and even the the cutscenes after you beat the Elite 4. They're literally the same. You beat the champion, there's a cutscene with <someone>., <someone> challenges you, you beat them, <someone> talks for a little bit more, and then the game's over. Copy and paste.

basically XY was okay. ORAS felt very lazy.
>>
>>29963753
Literally proving his point.
>>
X/Y felt unfinished and OR/AS felt half assed.
>>
>>29964252
Stupid question from someone who doesn't really follow any games but Pokemon anymore, do you mean the best selling Pokemon remakes, or game remakes in general?
>>
I don't know either,for me it's a 8.5 game.
The only flaw was the new pokemon being overshadowed,imo.
>>
>>29963701
>o-once SM come out, you'll all be praising Gen 6!
>o-once Gen 8 comes out, you'll all be praising Gen 6
top chortle
>>
XY has one of the worst casts in the entire series, I wish you could push all your dipshit "friends" off a cliff
>>
Just wait until next gen, then people will love 6 and have 7.
>>
>>29965044
hate* fucking shittit cuntwagon typi
>>
>>29964398
>is a liberal cuck

Opinion discarded
>>
Is exp share in Sun and Moon?
>>
>>29964662
ORAS is the best selling remake. And is also the best selling among all remakes, third versions and sequels.

But initial pairs (aka original games) still sell more. RGB are still the best selling games.
>>
X/Y is great, I'm a big fan of it. It's not the best but it's still good. At this stage I think it's better than S/M.
OR/AS was lame. I was never a fan of Gen III in general but OR/AS somehow managed to put me off it even more.

Admittedly I'm biased for OR/AS, but it was bad.
>>
XY are really good games,i don't get why people complain about the lack of new bros anyway
>>
my personal rating:

BW2 > HGSS > DPP > GSC > BW > RSE > FRLG > XY >> ORAS

I haven't played SM yet so I don't have a rating. I left RBY out since they're the first games and horribly outdated and broken. They're fun and charming, but for the wrong reasons. It's hard to rate them fairly.
>>
>I'm new

Fuck off or lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>29963701
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon

>>29964252
Pokemon games sell well regardless of flaws, you need a better argument than that

>>29964590
All of this. XY ate bad, ORAS are okay if you ignore the games it can be compared to
>>
>>29966044
>XY are really good games
Want to back up that statement?
>>
>>29966056
Good taste
>>
File: Barnyard.jpg (14KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Barnyard.jpg
14KB, 480x270px
basic list of all complaints
>Exp Share makes things too easy (Ironically, for S/M it seems necessary for Hyper Training multiple pokes)
>Fairy types "break" the game, despite balancing dragons and makes steel types more useful
>Friendly rivals (No one will ever love you, Tierno)
>Shinies are "Much easier to get" (From 0.01% to about 0.02%, with shiny charm + Masuda giving 1/518, not even going to talk about chaining)
>"Edgy" team Flare
>Zinnia, just Zinnia. Mainly because people over-interpret her assisting Max/Archie, and people think that the game tells them "IF ZINNIA WAS KILL, GURDON AND KYOG WOULDN'T PRIMEL HUR. Oh, and she destroys lots of advanced equipment in the name of her cult
>Megas, because lots of reasons
>Too much water, 7.8/10
>Some claim that Emerald had better music and graphics. No one likes them, as you can guess
>Conflicting lore that has no significant role in the multiverse
>Battle Maison, they even hinted of Battle Frontier for ORAS
Just those things.
>>
>>29963506
Looking back at it now, DP are leagues better than XY
>>
>>29966620
Hmm, not sure it is. D/P still had the big island off the coast, but I'm pretty sure it was fairly empty until Platinum. I think X/Y is a better package then D/P.
>>
File: rayfuglong.png (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rayfuglong.png
128KB, 900x900px
>Add Battle Frontier
>Battle Frontier Smeargle cave now has a backroom underground lake with a Red Gyarados
>Add trainer customization
>Make contests less trivial by removing easy-mode scarfs and replacing the "infinite pokeblocks" mechanic with the old system, now with a paid reset item available for 30,000 currency
>Mirage Spots are now randomly-generated dungeons that have a special item at the end
>Instead of the random-ass floating rings, collected Mirage Spot treasures can be traded in for maps that let you take the cruise ship to legendary spawn points
>Cresselia for OR, Darkrai for AS; you can only battle them by going to the top of Mt. Pyre at the first midnight of any month

Did I just make ORAS the best games in the series?
>>
>>29966887
>delta emerald will never happen
why even live, lads?
>>
>>29963437
>broken EXP share
>Next to no enemies with full teams
>nonsensical pokemon distribution
>Genwunner pandering
>Worst endgame in the series
>Free gift pokemon/legendaries around every corner
>One battle facility and it's trash
>Mega evolution sweeps every battle in the game and only the champion and main villain use it against you.
>>
>>29966732
XY also had a much better regional dex than dp. Dp dex was so poorly distributed that some gym leaders resorted to using pokemon that aren't part of their type motif.
>>
File: 1453947776235.jpg (19KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1453947776235.jpg
19KB, 168x168px
>>29963437
Most of this board is children who grew up with gen 4, who have an inflated opinion of its quality (and gen 5's, since gen 5 was basically just "gen 4 but unfucked"). You won't get an even-keeled explanation here, /v/ surprisingly enough will give you a more balanced critique.
>>
ORAS is one of the best Pokemon games ever. Not the best, but not far from it.
>>
>>29968413
>/v/ will give you a good critique

Top Gufaw
>>
File: mayonaise.jpg (12KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
mayonaise.jpg
12KB, 296x320px
>>29968413
Platinum was my first game, and I think it was better than BW, if only for its lore, introduction of wifi, and Battle Frontier.
>>
>>29969393
I personally love all of B2W2 little details and hidden things, but i can see how someone might like Platinum more. Much better rival and the story doesn't interrupt the gameplay as much.
I feel sad for all the people that started with or got back into pokemon with gen6 and haven't or never will play gens 4 and 5.
>>
>>29968413
This, but serious.

When the game most recent in your memory us Gen 4 and 5, you'll like 6 less
>>
>>29969513
Gen 6 is fine to start off with in my opinion, mainly due to the much more forgiving usage of TMs, along with the biggest regional dex to date.

But as for Gen V, the majority of the story happened within the first games, and ended so cleanly that the sequels felt unnecessary. Plus, the limited regional Pokedex in the first games and the impossibility of completing the National Dex without knowing about the Dream World put huge dents in the games' reputation for me.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.