[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ask childhood friend who I've played from RBY to B2W2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: mimikyu.png (356KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
mimikyu.png
356KB, 1024x1325px
>ask childhood friend who I've played from RBY to B2W2 with if he's getting the new pokemon
>"nah anon, the new games are boring I just like replaying the old ones"

>ask work colleagues who i've PoGo'd with if anyone is picking it up
>"Nah anon I don't know any of the new pokemon and I don't have a gameboy anyway"

>ask little cousin (10 years younger) who I introduced to pokemon and has played every game with me since DPPt (we even normally do a challenge every playthrough where we stop after we get a badge and battle eachother)
>"nah not really interested in it"

I'm suddenly a lot less hyped. The magic of a first playthrough with your buds is part of the pokemon experience :(
>>
File: 1478674202145.jpg (34KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
1478674202145.jpg
34KB, 573x430px
>>29963046
This feel anon. I know it well. What's your favorite Pokemon memory?
>>
File: 1350452745185.jpg (27KB, 293x396px) Image search: [Google]
1350452745185.jpg
27KB, 293x396px
I don't have any friends to ask if they'll play with me, anyway.
>>
>>29963046
All my friends are getting it. But we all enjoy the individual experience. We don't start battling and stuff until we're all finished.
>>
>childhood friend needs to postpone on Pokemon because he has a family to feed
H-He was a filthy Littenfag anyways!
>>
Friend code thread for Battle Royal or whatever S/M will have? I haven't been keeping up with the spoilerinos.
>>
>Don't have a Gameboy

Uhh, OP, you want to play S&M with GO normies?
>>
File: wild feel appeared!.jpg (8KB, 238x200px) Image search: [Google]
wild feel appeared!.jpg
8KB, 238x200px
>>29963286
>>
File: Pokefan.png (30KB, 283x84px) Image search: [Google]
Pokefan.png
30KB, 283x84px
>My sister's buying it
>Getting it for my mom and dad for Christmas
>Whole family is pokefans
Feels great
>>
>>29963427
Please stop. It hurts too much.
>>
File: good but bad.png (813KB, 1277x678px) Image search: [Google]
good but bad.png
813KB, 1277x678px
>have three friends who are into Pokemon
>99% sure they aren't furfags like me and I'm sure as hell not going to ask
No they don't have any idea
>>
File: 1474762057476.png (561KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1474762057476.png
561KB, 1280x1172px
>>29963046
this same exact shit has been happening to me since X&Y
don't' feel bad anon. we're still here.
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (12KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
12KB, 379x451px
>>29963046
>my last pokémon playing friend lost interest after BW
>played BW2 and XY all by myself
>suddenly he said he had bought X one month before ORAS and planned to buy AS too
>played ORAS together on skype since we live in different cities now
>will do the same for SM
>>
>nah I don't know any of the new Pokemon
YOU WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ANY OF GEN 1 ASIDE FROM PIKACHU IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT OR WATCH THE ANIME. FUCK OFF WITH THIS EXCUSE, NORMIES.
>>
>>29963427
I can't even imagine what this feels like. I have friends and cousins who love pokemon but my parents don't like/understand it. I wonder what it's like to all go together to the midnight release as a family and then go home and play...

Fuck I'm so sad now. If I ever have children I will force them to like Pokemon. I'm going to be You
>>
>>29963046
It's ok anon. We can all have fun on /vp/ together. I plan to try and get some /vp/ tournaments running if I can.
>>
at least you can play as chicken chan with no normie judgement
>>
>>29963046
Damn, anon, that's pretty sad. But, does it really matter with the amount of websites dedicated to the games and the sheer amount of people on them?

If it really bothers you not having anyone close to play with, try convincing them. I managed to convince an old friend that stopped at DPPt to pick up SM. He's not up to date, but after playing Showdown a lot he appreciates what the later gens brought to the table.
>>
File: 1410234439191.png (195KB, 316x313px) Image search: [Google]
1410234439191.png
195KB, 316x313px
>2 of my roommates are Pokefans of varying degrees
>one IV breeds and the other plays the games with only starters
>IV breeder friend works a lot so I really only hang out with my casual friend
>she recently got a new boyfriend
>either doesn't hang out or spends whatever time we spend together on her phone texting her bf
>was watching anime with her the other night but she couldn't keep up with the subs because she wasn't paying attention at all
>probably just gonna play by myself
W-well, at least I have /vp/.
>>
File: 1479204633624.png (103KB, 494x520px) Image search: [Google]
1479204633624.png
103KB, 494x520px
I'm getting Sun for my bro as an early xmas present, that was we can trade.
>tfw I'll actually have someone to actively trade and play with
>>
>>29963046
The only time I ever knew people outside of my family that played the video games was around Platinum/HGSS. I had no Pokemon-playing friends before or after that.
>>
>>29963046
>After gen 3 and partly gen4 always played alone
>gen 6 two friends are getting the games
>one never plays anymore
>other one never want to battle until he breed his whole 6*31iv team and ev training etc...we never got to battle

I always played alone and I always will play alone
>>
File: 5.jpg (2MB, 2289x1527px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2MB, 2289x1527px
>>29963046
I wish I knew how that felt like. I can honestly say that I've never really had friends (gotta love being ostracised for looking different) so I always played the games by myself.
>>
This is the first generation I've actually had so many friends getting the game, actually. Usually I'm playing solo, but since X/Y came out, more and more of em started getting interested in the games again. After the Go hype, a ton of em hopped back on the Poke-wagon for the first time since GSC. It's gonna be interesting to see how they react to 5 generations worth of new mechanics and online without link cables.
>>
My friends were always super slow to finish the main adventure and when we did get to multiplayer would just either have all STAB movesets or all Ubers so they were no fun to play eith
>>
>>29963046
>don't know any of the new pokemon
Half of the dex would be brand new to them, I'm actually kind of jealous...
>>
File: IMG_8664.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8664.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>Pokemon Stadium 2
>Grandmom loves playing the minigames with me, especially pic related
>Can't wait for Stadium 3 so we can play new games
>It never comes out
>She tries to bond with me over other video games but it just doesn't click
>tfw they will probably never release another Pokemon game that we can play together
>>
File: pepperpepe.png (295KB, 606x602px) Image search: [Google]
pepperpepe.png
295KB, 606x602px
>>29963046
Pretend you have no friends.

LIKE MEEEEEE.
>>
>>29964032
Please be in boston baby
>>
>>29965159
Be honest with me, did you steal grandma's grapes?
>>
>>29965159
Do you have a Wii? There are tons of mini game party games you can get. I'm pretty sure there are Mario Party games with minigame only modes. You could try the Gamecube/N64 ones if she doesn't like motion controls.
>>
Why is nobody roasting the OP because of the ":)"?

Seems like I've been away for way too long.
>>
>>29965907
Because it's a :( we can all relate to.
>>
>Was that wierd kid
>Played Gens 1 & 2 without getting to trade/battle other kids.
>No one to play gens 3-6 with.
>Have a couple friends to play Gen 7 with.
I-is it really happening?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.