[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, I preordered Moon from pic related. I live in a small city/town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fucking eb games.png (15KB, 1000x145px) Image search: [Google]
fucking eb games.png
15KB, 1000x145px
so, I preordered Moon from pic related.

I live in a small city/town in buttfuck nowhere (western Newfoundland). the EB I preordered from is doing a midnight release, but I won't be able to make it until later on Friday.

would they (EB in general, I mean) normally hold on to a few copies for people who can't make it to the midnight release?
>>
>>29958786

Call them ahead of time to make sure they hold a copy for you, you did preorder it after all.
>>
>>29958786
im from canada too but pre orders always get first chance to buy even if there late
>>
>>29958786
EB always holds onto preorder copies. If they don't, you get the game for free.

Source: Happened to me with Platinum
>>
>>29958861

Did any of the employees get into deep shit for doing that?
>>
I'm not sure at all how EBgames works, but at gamestop if you don't pick up your preorder game on release day, there is no gurantee the game will be there when you do go in to pick it up.
>>
>>29958786
We don't have EB Games here but aren't pre-ordered games always kept in the stockroom and if someone shows evidence they pre-ordered they get one?
>>
If you preorder it they hold well past midnight release, at least a couple days, generally longer
>>
You're seriously retarded if you honestly think a major game retailer is going to run out of a new fucking Pokemon game.
>>
>>29958876
Yeah, its a rare occasion but basically one of the employees copped a couple copies for himself and got fired. Store got fined apparently too.
>>
related question, can you buy a game at a midnight release even if you didn't preorder?
>>
>>29958884
i do plan on going there on release day, just not during the midnight release.

i should do as >>29958838 said and phone. i will later.

>>29958887
what if i misplaced my preorder receipt? i'm pretty sure it's tied to my Edge card, so i'm sure they could look up previous transactions or something.

>>29958861
>>29958840
thanks guys!
>>
>>29958786
I am in eastern nfld. Even compared to this middle of nowhere western is worse
>>
>>29958942
as long as you live in St John's, you're fine. you guys have, what? three EBs, a TRU, a bunch of Walmarts, and probably a couple indie game stores?

Corner Brook has... an EB, a Wal Mart, and a couple Shoppers that sells video games
>>
>>29958933
If you're going on release day then a copy will be there for you.
>>
>>29958904

The standard here in the US is a 24-72 hour hold, after that the store contacts you if you're picking up the item or not. If aren't and you already paid for it,they'll issue a refund and put the item up for sale.

I did this for some PoGo Pluses and made akilling off of doing so.

>>29958906

While they won't run out, some stores usually have their ENTIRE stock under preorder. This more common with smaller stores located in larger cities (especially those inside malls).

>>29958912

Good.
>>
>>29958932

It depends on the turnout and how many copies the store has under preorder. You could end up in a situation like the one in >>29959007.
>>
>>29958906
meh. i live in a city of ~20k, so it wouldn't surprise me if all the more dedicated Pokemon fans in town go to the EB here and "raid" the place.

it likely won't happen, but, still.

>>29958999
thanks. this'll likely be the Trips of Truth
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.