[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok I have an honest question, no bait, no hate involved just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1477109695690.jpg (138KB, 1242x535px) Image search: [Google]
1477109695690.jpg
138KB, 1242x535px
Ok I have an honest question, no bait, no hate involved just simple curiosity
What were you guys expecting to honestly happen when you went online? It sounds like you all weren't expecting Gamefreak or even Nintendo to find out like if it doesn't show activity in their servers
I'm not being moral, nor preachy or any fucking bullshit, i'm just stating this was to be expected since i doubt there would be no way for them NOT to see activity from the servers they made for sun and moon's online playability
I'm just curious as to what were you guys expecting in the end for going online as i'm seeing these long rants about the situation at hand so please share with me
>>
>>29955534
just full of retard kids which dont know how life works
>>
File: search.png (2KB, 80x96px) Image search: [Google]
search.png
2KB, 80x96px
>>
>>29955534
I was using my old 3ds and didn't give a shit if I was getting banned or not.
>>
I'm guessing it was, like, two idiots.
>>
>>29955630
>>29955642
kids? check
retards? check
2 idiots? check

all comes together
>>
>>29955534
>What were you guys expecting
Assumption that one thing will happen exactly like another.

Most posts I've seen about them getting banned usually have these:
>It didn't happen in [a different game series]!
So they are, understandably, more lax about the situation. Which of course led to their ban.
>>
Honestly I wasn't expecting anything to happen. A lot of games have been played online before the release date and it's the first time that Nintendo bans people because it. If there was a ban, I was expecting it not to be this hard, just a regular, easily circumvented ban. Shame on me I guess, but then again I was considering buying a N3DS anyway.
>>
>>29955534
If I didn't go online will I have a problem?
>>
>>29955534
I expected a temp ban for going online, but I got one without doing that
>>
>>29955806
Nope. Only the retards going online are having problems.
>>
>>29955836
What if I had wireless enabled (I don't turn it off since there's no switch on the N3DS and it's a hassle to toggle it), but never actually went online in-game?
>>
>>29955860
Risky. If you went to the Festival Plaza, you are probably banned.
>>
>>29955941
Shit. Time to figure out how unbanning works, I guess.
>>
File: 1462571306343.jpg (16KB, 275x259px) Image search: [Google]
1462571306343.jpg
16KB, 275x259px
>he thinks /v/ underage crossboarders are even remotely sentient
>>
>>29955997
Just try using eShop. If it works you are fine, if you get error 022-2812 you are fucked.
>>
>>29955534
I was naive enough to believe reviews would be allowed to go online and it'd be fine.
I'm not mad though, its probably temporary, and even if its not I practically never went online with the 3DS I used. I atleast had enough brains not to use my main 3DS.
>>
>>29955534

Because they're newfags who don't know that Nintendo has done banwaves in the past. Anyone who has owned a Wii knows the pain. Or back when using .3ds files was a thing, getting banned was ridiculously easy. I always am cautious with new releases because I know it's happened before, so it's just the newfags who learned how to pirate games 2 weeks ago to play Sun/Moon who are fucking up, really.
>>
>>29955997
Just wait 15 days.
>>
>>29955534
I expected that Nintendo/GF would probably fail to take action like every time in the past, so I took a calculated risk. Didn't turn out in my favor, oh well.
>>
>>29955941
>>29956023
I went to the plaza, even wonder traded, but can access the eshop fine.
>>
>>29955534
I went online like one hour before the banwave, since it's been several days that nothing happened I thought it was okay to use the online features.
>>
>>29956023
I'm at work. Can't check.

>>29956100
The problem is that NNID bans are permanent, which includes Pokemon Bank. If it's just Moon, well great, I was buying Sun anyway on release and running it alongside my friends. I'll use that to play with them while the ban expires.
>>
File: ascendence.jpg (40KB, 692x341px) Image search: [Google]
ascendence.jpg
40KB, 692x341px
Well I figured the servers wouldn't be up. Then I figured that they wouldn't possibly ban reviewers and people who obtain early copies. I assume that it's a temporary ban if people with legit copies are actually being banned.
>>
>>29956221
Some people are only getting temporary bans while others are getting perma bans.
My theory is that the ones getting perma bans are those that connected before review copies were received, and the ones getting temporary bans are those that went on only after the review copies were out. this would be to avoid accidentally permanently banning a reviewer who failed to read the no online line.
>>
>>29956183
>which includes Pokemon Bank
Then don't use Pokemon Bank?

If you're banned, you're likely banned from playing games online/looking at your friends list, as well as looking at the eshop. The latter is permanent, the former to-date has always been temporary.
>But Splatoon's temporary bans were changed to perma bans right as they were ending!
And Gateway users were committing rampant and obvious piracy that same year and only got a 15 day ban.
>>
>>29956252
Wasn't the first cia leaked from a reviewer?
>>
>>29956252
what about ppl that haven't been banned at all
>>
>>29956281
I don't believe we ever actually found out who Lurantis was, but I do know poketubers started talking about getting their free copies a few days later.
>>
>>29955754

It can be gotten around.
>>
>>29955941

I went into the Plaza numerous times, had wifi enabled and didn't use it, and I can access my eShop and Friends List just fine.

I have it disabled now, though.
>>
>>29956333
I have the 2812 one, so there you go.
>>
File: youre.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
youre.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>29956358
>>
I went online and got banned because I got early copies of both X and OR, used online features, and nothing ever happened. At least it's only 2 weeks, I couldn't care less about eShop and Miiverse.
>>
>>29956221
>>29956252
Reviewers were actually warned not to go online. Some random Poketuber who got a copy confirmed it.
>>
>>29955997
Depends on the error code. If you get something like
>Nintendo Network services are disabled
Then you should try and unlink it with tiny format.

If it says
>Online services has been disabled
You're probably fucked
>>
>>29956498
That's why I mentioned the last part about some poor reviewer who missed the line.
a temporary ban is a far more appropriate punishment for that mistake than a permanent ban.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but its the only reason I can think of for some being perma and some being temp.
>>
>>29956502
Mine says online services but I can still access the eShop fine.
>>
>>29956578
Yeah I don't think you can go online with games then. Try to go online with any game.
>>
>>29956543
It goes beyond that.
Some are banned from going online but can use the eShop.
Some can go online but can't use the eShop.
Some can't go online or use the eShop.
Some had one of the above and it resolved itself after a few minutes.

And even within these categories, there are a variety of different error codes that are coming up.
>>
>>29956601
To be clear, I'm a different person, my apologies for not clarifying that.
But yes, I think I'm wifi banned, but at least I appear to not be perma banned.
>>
>>29956662
It's alright. I just found it weird because people are getting all sorts of bans. I'm apparently just banned from eShop and Miiverse but I can go online in my games no problem.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.