[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo are fucking useless. So not only are you unable to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: kfctyikcgyik.png (662KB, 949x419px) Image search: [Google]
kfctyikcgyik.png
662KB, 949x419px
Nintendo are fucking useless.

So not only are you unable to transfer pokemon until January, two months after release, but you can't even transfer them back?

Useless cunts.
>>
Why would you transfer them back?
>>
>>29954767
This confused me as well. Isn't that the purpose of the hexagons? It should've been like GSC where you can't transfer incompatible pokemon
>>
>>29954767
>Nintendo
>>
>>29954767
The last games where you could transfer back to a previous gen were Gold and Silver. Why the fuck were you expecting otherwise?
>>
>>29954767
You have never been able to transfer Pokemon back a generation since Gen 3. Literally the only time you can transfer Pokemon back a generation is between Gens 1 and 2, and that's because the transfer method was trading.
>>
>>29954767
>implying you have ever been able to trade DOWN a generation, outside gen 2
>implying that the one time they allowed it, it wasn't THE WORST FUCKING THING IN EXISTENCE
>going back to old gens for anything other than a Nuzlocke run
Why would you even want that anon?
>>
>>29954827
/thread
OP is an underage b&
>>
>people pirating the games are permanently getting NNID banned
>in other words their Pokébank account is banned
I almost feel bad for piratefags, people who have kept their pokémon from all the way back in RS have now lost them.

This is why bank being cloud storage only is such a problem.
>>
File: Slowpoke.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>29954767
>you can't transfer them back
it's been that way for over a decade
>>
>>29954877
Why? They deserve what they get for being retarded. There's no reason to use online before the release date.
>>
>>29954767

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHA
Are you serious?
>>
>>29954877
>bank being cloud storage is a problem
>implying Nintendo doesn't know that they're essentially banning Pokebank accounts
>implying Nintendo isn't doing it on purpose
>implying that taking away Pokemon from all the way back in RS isn't the ultimate punishment

You have to remember that piracy is theft and Nintendo doesn't like piracy. They're not going to be nice to pirates.
>>
>>29954877
If they can pirate the game then they can use PKHeX to transfer their stuff

They would just be missing using online features on SM

As for the 'National dex' i'd imagine it's just a matter of time until someone makes PHBank 2.0
>>
>>29954979
>If they can pirate the game then they can use PKHeX to transfer their stuff
Only if they have already made a backup.
If not you're fucked.
>>
>>29954804
move tutors from old Pokemon. Basically if you forgot to put a move before transfering them, I'll be too late.
>>
>>29954877
>Being THIS retarded
People with banned online have a temporary ban.
People with banned eshop have a permenent ban.
People who hacked the game can just un-ban their 3ds
>>
Unbelievable, next you are gonna tell me I can't transfer them back to virtual RBY as well? Pre-order cancelled.
>>
>>29954767
>but you can't even transfer them back?
Why where you expecting to be able to newfag?
>>
File: IMG_1451.jpg (31KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1451.jpg
31KB, 512x523px
>Implying you'll ever touch ORAS or XY again
>>
>>29955113
this
>>
Powersaves
>>
>>29954979
They can use it to transfer more Pokémon, but the ones currently in bank are lost forever.
>>
>>29955052
>People with banned eshop have a permenent ban.
that's the NNID ban, which applies to bank too
>People who hacked the game can just un-ban their 3ds
Literally not possible as of now.
>>
>>29955113
ORAS is still the superior way of legally EV/IV training.

>b-but muh pelago drinks

Lmao fucking sad retards
>>
>>29954767
Did you start to play Pokémon with Pokémon GO?
>>
>>29955113
EV training is better in Gen 6.
>>
I don't get why people are okay with this. Former games wouldn't let you trade your Pokemon back because the previous games were never designed with that functionality in mind. XYORAS ARE designed with that functionality in mind though; why should withdrawing a OR monster in Sun be any different than withdrawing it in X?
>>
The bank SHOULD allow to transfer pokémon back and forth, but I understand that there are things that would need a patch like hyper trained pokémon, since they don't actually change the IVs.

Here goes my hopes to get a legal AZ Floette in XY. :-(
>>
>>29955186
>that's the NNID ban, which applies to bank too
And why would you need bank when you can just extract and import your mons from any game with pkhex?
>Literally not possible as of now.
But it is, you just transfer the certs.db from another 3ds.
>>
File: 1478742842339.png (315KB, 487x361px) Image search: [Google]
1478742842339.png
315KB, 487x361px
>>29955113
good point
EV training was better though
>>
>>29954827
>being so cucked by Gamefreak that you expect inconvenience to be the norm
I mean, I know some of the Pokemon games can't allow retro-trading because the forward transfer process actually changes the way Pokemon data is coded, but that really shouldn't be happening every generation.
>>
>>29954767
>Nintendo
>Trading back

You must be 18 or older to use 4chan, child.
>>
>>29955293
Who cares? You cant transfer them back since always, literally only you is crying about it, just train your Pokémon before send it, if you forget this is not Game Freak's problem, it is entirely yours.
>>
>>29954979
PKHeX or once the homebrew bank comes out with the update, that, too. There's no reason to use the official bank unless you want the event mons.
>>
File: 1473955090837.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1473955090837.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>>29954767
C'mon now. Surely you're not that dumb.
>>
>>29954804
Ev training?
>>
>>29955477
Just train it before Bank it.
>>
File: 1478319204750.png (98KB, 309x241px) Image search: [Google]
1478319204750.png
98KB, 309x241px
>>29955477
do it before hand it's not that hard.
>>
>>29955384
>if you forget this is not Game Freak's problem, it is entirely yours.

Kek. Who else laughed at this?
>>
Why does Game Freak keep doing this? Is this even necessary?
>>
Why the fuck can't we still transfer items?

I already had enough reasons not to buy Sun/Moon compared to the reasons to buy it and this surely doesn't help.
>>
>>29955371
>29
>kid
next time, cuck.
>>
>>29954767
It's probably because oras won't recognize the hyper training altering stats
>>
>>29955356
>implying GameFreak would update X/Y/OR/AS to contain new moves and legal move data.
>>
>>29954827
Not OP, but I thought that's how Pokemon Bank worked.
>>
I mean, transferring your own pokemon has never proven useful considering pokemon can just be generated, and you will have to generate them if you plan on doing battling. Besides, whenever I transferred pokemon it was just to complete dex entry, which is solved by generating pokemon. I would be thrilled if people couldn't cheat, it would make competitive battling fun.
>>
>>29954804

Move tutors and recompleteing the national DEX in ORAS to make it easier to shiny hunt for legendaries if I restart. That and having a complete dex in it also makes it plain easier to catch legendaries in X/Y and ORAS due to critical captures and repeat balls.
>>
>>29955711
BW Poke Transporter can't take mons back to BW. Why should XY be able to take SM mons?
>>
>>29955732
>I would be thrilled if people couldn't cheat, it would make competitive battling fun.

There would literally be no difference. People would just actually grind instead of genning, which has no affect on the actual battle
>>
>>29955113

I plan on restarting OR at some point to reset for more legendaries.
>>
>>29955799
Then bank the Pokémon but not send them for SM. Is it to hard think?
>>
>>29955747
I was under the impression that Pokemon Bank only worked natively with 3DS games and that's why they needed another program to transfer from BW. I thought that from then on Pokemon Bank would support all further releases.
>>
>>29955315
Hyper training flags.
>>
>>29955761
There would be a huge different, my dude. You would only see 1% of the people you battle online with perfect IV/EV mon, even with the new system. Not to mention, less than 1% would have a team full of legendaries. Oh and, shinies would be meaningful again.
This would change the whole battling scene.
>>
>>29955854
Yes, but that doesn't mean you can put Pokemon you transferred to SM back into XY. You can store them on Bank, but they'll be marked to say that you can't move them down a Generation.
>>
>>29955874
>You would only see 1% of the people you battle online with perfect IV/EV mon

What? Getting perfect IV/EV pokes may be grindy, but its still easy to do and was only made easier in gen 7.
>>
>>29955653
Because of megas, as well as special items that change formes. They want to limit those and keep them somewhat special.
>>
>>29955839

That's the current plan but I was hoping that SM would let me sync my dex to my bank so I can get the shiny charm there ASAP without fucking myself out of getting it again in OR.
>>
>>29955933
He just means that people would have to put in that effort rather than just hacking them in.
>>
while we're at it how the fuck does it cost $5 for 30mb of storage
>>
>>29955874
You can literally get a perfect IV with maxed EV team with no effort in gen 7.
>>
Just let your Pokémon in Poke Pelago and go sleep. That's your EVs Training.
>>
>>29955874
You realize there is a ranking system right?
Did you not play early XY? People obviously had full EV/IV teams after you have laddered a bit.
>Oh and, shinies would be meaningful again.
Literally has no effect on battling at all.

It sounds to me like you think no hacking would result in a casual scene were everyone just uses what they want and doesnt care about IV/EVs. That's not the case as seen by early XY.
>>
>>29955975

Because Nintendo wants to make money.
>>
File: 1424362866400.jpg (299KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1424362866400.jpg
299KB, 2000x1000px
>>29954767
>wanting to play ORAS and XY again
>>
>>29954767
>is upset you cant send pokemon to a past generation
Have you even played pokemon before?
>>
>>29955978
How easy is to find Bottle Cap?
>>
>>29954767
Think about it for two fucking seconds. A lot of pokemon are getting new moves this gen, some of which are new moves all together, some are getting a new ability like Gengar getting cursed body, and a good chunk of pokemon are just getting flat out stat buffs.

Do you not see the problem here? NONE of those things are in the previous gens code so it literally wouldn't be able to work if you transfer your pokemon to sun and moon, give them a move they didn't and couldn't previously learn and then trade them back again so you can have a pokemon with a move that they are technically incapable of learning in gen 6. X/Y to ORAS is the exception because they are still technically the same generation but with more features.
>>
>>29955708
They should.
>>
>>29954966

>piracy
>theft

However, piracy is against the terms of use, so it serves them right regardless.
>>
>>29955933
Sure it's grindy, that's I believe it's around 1% of people who even bother to 'complete' their pokemon. Sure it's easier, it's just barely raising the % of players who make a full team of completed pokemon. See my lower post about autistic circles.

>>29955991
You are only looking at your autistic circle of players, which is probably around 1% of players who actually take their pokemon to that level of finish. And in your autistic circle of players, less than half do it legitimately.
And shinies would be awesome if you weren't already desensitized to them.
>>
>>29956004
uhh, this

hasn't it always been that way? If you sent pokemon to Bank from gen V you couldn't send them back to Unova either.
>>
>>29956277
>You are only looking at your autistic circle of players
Are you illiterate by any chance?
What I'm saying is that there is an online ranking system that will make sure you're battling people of roughly the same competence. This has nothing to do with any sort of "autistic circle of players".
For people that play online and actually know what they're doing the battles would be no different.
Only difference would be in elohell which would be filled with people still not knowing what they're doing, just different teams.
>>
>>29956454
We are agreeing on your terms my friend. People who know what they are doing will still have their great pokemon. But I'm saying that if we were all on the same page, there would be a greater balance of legit pokemon. Unfortunately the game can't distinguish between real and fake pokemon, so competence aside, the generated pokemon would be superior because the user can gen them a lot faster.

I didn't mean to upset you by calling you autistic, but I can assure you that I am also in that spectrum.
>>
>>29954767
WTF are you spected, put incineroar, decidueye and primarina in pokemon omega ruby. or giving to to moltres burn out and send to pokemon Y. Anon you are fucking retarded
>>
>>29954877
"almost" its the word
>>
>>29954877
You know what's really stupid?
PIRATEFAGS HAVE A POKEBANK EQUIVALENT
THERE WAS NO REASON TO LOSE ANYTHING

Further proof that this ban wave was just a retard culling.
>>
Only thing that annoys is the items
I have a lot of shit I want to transfer over. I worked hard to get those stones and plates and hold items
>>
>back up all my good pokemon on AR
>transfer everything to bank, and move that stuff forward
>reload my AR save

Unless I'm retarded this should work just fine.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.