[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to stuff like this? Nowadays when you claim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: flowerparadise.png (89KB, 512x372px) Image search: [Google]
flowerparadise.png
89KB, 512x372px
What ever happened to stuff like this?

Nowadays when you claim a Mystery Gift, you just get it handed to you by a woman in the Pokemon Center. That's boring as fuck.

Having little mini-events makes finding mythicals and legendaries a lot more exciting.
>>
>>29948572
GF got incredibly lazy with Gen 6.
>>
>>29948572
Too confusing for new players
>>
>>29948593
This.
It's not like this was started by Gen 5 or anything.
>>
>>29948631
Victini is the only Pokemon with its own event location, while the rest got cucked
>>
>"Hey ten year old kid! I think this package is for you, it contains Arceus. It created the universe and is essentially our God. Here, take it, stuff it into your PC and never bat an eye at it again."
>>
>>29948660
if the dpp remakes don't have an in-game arceus event I am going to FUCKING die
>>
Giovanni event in HGSS was the best in my opinion, I'd like to see more like that.
Don't think you could get outside of Japan without cheating though which was a shame.
>>
File: 1385492591239.jpg (23KB, 178x179px) Image search: [Google]
1385492591239.jpg
23KB, 178x179px
>>29948572
>the event Magearna is now a gift at the mall!
>it's not a boring pokemon center gift guys!
>this is what you wanted right?
>>
>>29948685
You couldn't. The Spiky Eared Pichu was a nice event too and that did make it over. A shame it was never transferrable anywhere.
>>
>>29948572

I think with the move to 3D you'd have to make a ton of new assets for the event that wouldn't be used anywhere else that would take up space
>>
After ultimately deciding the Azure Flute was "too confusing" (see:going to Spear Pillar, using the Flute and then capturing a Level 80 Arceus) for younger players, GameFreak completely dropped events of a similar nature after Victini.
>>
>>29949115
God the Azure Flute event was so cool

Most of the Gen3-4 events were so cool
>>
>>29949115
And bear in mind this was AFTER they had the Regis Puzzle and Deoxys' Puzzle.
>>
>>29948671
It will appear in a post game fetch quest just like Deoxis. Also, no battle frontier
>>
>>29949002
3DS cards hold up to 8 GB. SM is 3.2 GB total

They could literally add 2 Alola Maps worth of event islands. Space is not an issue

Which is a shame because going to a place and battle the mythical is way cooler than receiving an Overpowered pokémon out of the blue
>>
>>29949155
Man I fucking loved that Regi puzzle. Was awesome having to translate all of it and how random some of the criteria were.
>>
File: regi.png (474KB, 1440x1437px) Image search: [Google]
regi.png
474KB, 1440x1437px
>>29949115
Arceus is too confusing.

To get Regigigas in ORAS you need to have Regirock/ice/steel in your party and Regice needs to be nicknamed and holding an icy item.

You then need to go to Regice's cave during the day.

But taking a flute to Spear Pillar is too confusing.
>>
no point in programming a place no can go to if/when they miss the event
>>
>>29949178
and nothing of value would be lost
>>
>>29948631
>Regigigas in Clay Tunnel
>Victini in Liberty Tower
It wasnt

>>29948685
Now with the online accessibility of the 3DS, these events would be even better. Damn shame
>>
I read in some Nintendo magazine around the time X&Y was released that they stopped doing events like this to prevent map leaks and bugs that happened in Gen 4.
>>
>>29950309
>Keldeo nowhere
>Meloetta nowhere
>Genesect nowhere
Fuck off.
>>
>>29950326
>Pledge Grove exists just for Keldeo to train
>a few legendaries takes away from the others that do it right
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 800x782px
I don't see how the confusing argument holds up, even for young players.

These sorts of cool events are hardly like trying to find a DLC entrance in a From Software game blind.
>>
>>29950425
Oh? First "it wasn't", now it's "it did it partially"?
>>
File: 1450960256584.png (477KB, 580x448px) Image search: [Google]
1450960256584.png
477KB, 580x448px
>deciphering Relicanth in front and Wailord at the back as a kid
That sort of thing would be way, way too much to expect from GF these days.
>>
>>29950588
It wasn't the gen to remove them all, no
>>
>>29948572
You mean, nowadays they just give the code to gamestop or wherever. There wasn't even a volcanion giveaway where I live, had to gts it
>>
>>29948685
you could. the celebi released just before BW1 activated it.

this was also around the time of the crown beast distribution.
>>
>>29948572
Game Freak wants to appeal to casuals and believes stuff like that wastes the casuals' time.
>>
You know the actual reason is because people used bugs to straight up walk to Darkrai and Shaymin. They don't want that shit to happen again, they released a bunch of events in Gen IV that were handed out purely to invalidate the ones that people got by cheating this way. I imagine they didn't do events again as a precaution against a similar bug happening.

I just wish the morons would learn how to fucking patch, there is no reason we should be able to access Ash-Pikachu and Marshadow right now when they could patch in events for them later without any fear of them being accessed early.
>>
>>29952297
They fixed it in Platinum though and marked them as illegal

Problem solved
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.