[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon still gives you a free original do not steal starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

>Pokemon still gives you a free original do not steal starter that 70% of players and casuals will just use to rush the entire game without ever using any other pokemon

> the exp share made this even worse since most people will just have the starter on the first slot forever and get to the E4 with a full team of lv50 without having ever switched their starter.

does anyone else find this to negatively affect overall players and not teach them about the fundamentals of the game? first of allDONT JUST CLASSIFY ME as a boxfag who hates starters, I love venusaur, torterra and many others, but all these designs could easily just have been a wild pokemon you find mid-game.

I just feel that forcing a new player to start with something like a rattata or a caterpie would eventually persuade him to build a better team rather than just overleveling the starter and just overall enjoy the game more. the reward feels higher too.

I am mentioning this because even thought after 20 years, I still meet underage cousins and lots of other kids in my class who just rush with their starter and never actually try other mons, while I know many of these will eventually do re-runs of the game with different mons (like we did), I feel others will just beat the game once with their starter and forever forget about the game. feels kind of sad.

what kind of elements would you include in a new gen to enforce players to try more varied teams than just their starter?
>>
File: Alolan psyduck.jpg (381KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan psyduck.jpg
381KB, 1024x683px
p..plz respond..
>>
>>29940892
>what kind of elements would you include in a new gen to enforce players to try more varied teams than just their starter?

Nuzlocke option in the game;
>>
>>29941393
Pretty much this desu senpai
>>
>>29941393

nuzlocke is cool and all but its a little too severe, I want trainers to try new pokes not cry about their lost ones forever.

B/W2 with no exp share was heading in the right direction, also I think switch mode should always be on set, it just doesnt make sense that you get a free turn to switch against anyt trainer in the game then suddenly get to the tower/subway/tree and suddenly cant, it makes new trainers spoiled.

having 3 difficulties would be optimal,

Easy: the one we got with exp share
Normal: basically B/W2 challenge, trainers get items, better teams and higher levels
Hard: Nuzlocke

a..at least hacks exist I guess..
>>
>>29941941
A simple way would be a level requirement. It would have to be done very right, mind you. To be able to attempt the final challenge of the main story (presumably E4), they could barr entry to players who don't have a team of six mons, each level 40 or higher. This is just an example, and it has many, many flaws, but something similar to that could be a possible solution.
>>
>>29940892
Just let people play the game how they like, what the fuck is wrong with that? Who cares what they do in Pokemon, it's their game.
>>
>>29940892
>enforce players to try more varied teams than just their starter
Here's the thing: why in the flying fuck should I care about other people playing differently?
Who cares about them? They can use the box legendary for all I care.

Besides, unless I'm working for GF, talking about something like "what would I do to make this better" is pointless.
Opinion of one won't overpower the opinion of many.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.