[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's try to rationalize retarded in-game mechanics. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Let's try to rationalize retarded in-game mechanics.
Why are NPCs so shit? I think it's because Pokemon are regarded as utilitarian for the most part in their own perspective. You mostly encounter kids because adults just think of Pokemon as tools. The older people are mostly otaku which is why they usually play monotype or around a theme. No one tries to use a team of various types for advantage because that's freak levels of obsession. The only people who do are the pro trainers you find on victory road who are probably getting paid for it. Also why are TMs seemingly abundant but no one uses them? Maybe it's because they find out they have no use for them because they have no need or desire to play on the tourney level and realized it had no use in their day to day life. That's why they practically throw them away, it's out of spite.
>>
>>29935124
It´s a child´s game and it must be easy
>>
Pokemon npc's are just casuals.
>>
>>29935124
My headcanon is that Pokemon battling is too complex for most trainers because it's the Pokedex that gives you battle info like HP, whether something was effective, what moves you have and their effects, etc.

So kids with a Pokedex have a massive advantage, and trainers that don't have a Dex need to be extremely talented to keep track of everything on their own
>>
>>29935124
I think it's because most of the people who inhabit the universe are easygoing and casual folks, Pokemon battles are just a hobby and many of them are implied to have lives or interests outside of battling. By comparison, the Protagonist is an obsessive who dedicates their entire childhood to battling and collecting Pokemon. They have no fulfilling passions or obligations outside of Pokemon, Pokemon take up all their time and they are the best simply because nobody cares about fighting as much as they do.
>>
>>29935800
that's kind of what I was getting at, they might even be considered old fashioned because in a world with teleport pads why would you need to hustle across some caves or overseas, to us they're amazing but in their perspective nothing more than beasts of burden and just another aspect of the utopia they live in, honestly Pokemon are the least interesting part of their world
>>
>>29935124
That still gives none of them any excuse to stand like 10 feet from my house day and night waiting to battle you.
>>
I always assumed training Pokemon in-universe was actually something extremely difficult to do. Even the best of the best tend to only stick to one type of Pokemon.
The main characters are training prodigies, which is why the player had no problem.
>>
That havent had the same advantages in life you have. Check your privilege!
>>
opponent trainers are weak because it's needed for the game balance Game Freak wants
>>
For some NPCs, it seems to be lack of interest. Many seem content to pursue lives outside Pokemon, and view the few Pokemon they do have as pets or a hobby.
But the greater implication seems to be, like in many games, that the protagonist is just very skilled. It's difficult to go out and catch strong Pokemon and harder still to train them. Part of that is thanks to the logistics of walking around in forests and caves, which the player doesn't have to worry about. It's presumably tiring and even dangerous exploring the areas where strong Pokemon congregate.
>>
>>29935383
Support given.
>>
>>29936335
game mechanics != game lore

I bet you claim that dante isn't immortal because you can die in-game with him
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.