[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kill 3 rattatas and a giant ratticate? lame... this must

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-castelia_gym_anime.png (581KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-castelia_gym_anime.png
581KB, 800x450px
>kill 3 rattatas and a giant ratticate? lame... this must be the tutorial, the first gym leader must be close
>6 hours in, still no sight of gyms or gym leaders, just lame fetch quest shit that takes place in bumfuck nowhere

Is this it? It's not going to get better is it? They finally did it, they took the absolute most basic and core feature of the games, the thing that kept everyone still playing, and changed it with something that is essentially the same but a million times more boring and much less satisfying.

Is there at least an elite four to beat? Is there a reason to keep going? I don't want to finish the game and just get "you did you beat the trials hakuna matata like the ancient hawaiians once said XD", this gen is a pile of shit so far, I'm really disappointed.
>>
>kill a Diglett, a Sandshrew, a Geodude and an Onix? lame... this must be the tutorial, the first gym leader must be close

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>29934602

You can fight the trial captains if you go to their houses
>>
>where are the gym leaders?
Confirmed for lying. It was known way before release. You have no one to blame but yourself.

4/10 I'll acknowledge you but that's it.
>>
>>29934602
Yeah, there is an E4.
>>
We've known since the start there aren't gonna be Gyms you idiot. You've set yourself up for disappointment, not the games.
>>
>>29934602
> Defeat a trainer that may be a slightly higher level than me, but probably not.
> Defeat a Rat and his buddies that may be a slightly higher level than me, but probably not.
>>
No gym leaders ??

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHHAHAHHA HOLY FUCK, gg gamefreak. Pokemon is finished.
>>
>>29934602
>>29934771
How do you not know this? It was one of the first things we knew about the games.
>>
File: 220px-Cissy_Badge.png (59KB, 220x164px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cissy_Badge.png
59KB, 220x164px
>>29934638

>Oh wow this gym looks cool, and the music is great, and they give this cool unique gem when you beat them, and there's 8 of these dudes to beat and places with puzzles to see, cool

replaced with

>wow... it's a cave, a forest, a lake, a volcano, and you fight wild pokemon, and giant wild pokemon, can I fight you now since I beat your tria- oh... ok no I guess, and you get a recolored crystal thing used to do a tediously long attack, I guess...

What is the anime even going to be about? Basically a full long orange island kind of league, except shittier since Ash won't even battle half of the trial givers?

This is fucking trash, they actually managed to take the soul away from pokemon the absolute madmen (pokemon is like a sport, gym/league mechanic is the basic essence and ultimate goal of it, this is like taking soccer and removing the goalposts and the goals, all you do now is tricks like see who can keep the ball in the air without touching the ground the most, and some other lame minigame shit). They fucking did it, they ruined pokemon and fell for the "let's reinvent the wheel" meme.

Fuck all these artists on tumblr nintendo killed for doing sun/moon port to protect "the image" of the franchise come release, for what, for this pile of shit?
>>
>>29934602
>>29934771
>>29934804

Do you guys know anything or did you just stop playing Pokemon Go for a while to come post here?
>>
>>29934961

>lol why didn't you spoil yourself about every little detail of the game before it came out you dumb

Why? Nintendo is shit and I'm not a cuck, off course I pirated their trash, and since it's free I might as well go in blind and possibly get pleasantly surprised, besides I heard the rumors about no gym leaders but thought "nah, gamefreak is stupid, but not THIS stupid.

I guess I was proved wrong. Whatever my point is why are not more people making a fuss about what is basically pokemon: other M?
>>
>>29934804
>>29935018
But the trials are essentially gyms. They are challenges meant to test the player that reward you for completing them. Plus, after finishing an island's trials, you move on to the Kahuna. So, with 7 trials and 4 Kahunas, that's 11 major battles as opposed to the 8 offered with gyms. The trials are just a refreshing new take on gyms.
>>
>>29934602
The removal of gyms is one of the best things about the game. Trials and the kahunas are SO much better.
>>
>>29935018
They weren't rumors, you could
have asked anyone and they would have told you flat out gyms are gone.
>>
>>29935018
Because most of us are into change, it's not like gym leaders we're just glorified bosses or anything.
>>
>we want the same old building with the same old shitty puzzles

Yeah no. I'll take my comfy trials based around natural elements such as forests and lakes. Totem battles are also a nice change of pace and offer a lot more variety.
>>
>>29935018
Dude, it was like the first fucking thing ever official said about the games.
>>
MODS please delete this shitty thread.
Thank you
>>
>>29935018
>their games are shit, of course I spend time playing them
>>
>>29935018
>Why is there no fuss?

Because you fail to realize your the only person complaining.
>>
>>29935223
>we want the same old building with the same old shitty puzzles

Not him, and I haven't played SM yet, but I actually liked the puzzles. Does the Trials have anything like that?
>>
they're essentially reworked gyms except they actually have a purpose after you finish them (catch exclusive pokemon inside it)

you never visit old gyms and no matter how much they try to change them around they always end up just being a building that is forgettable most of the times.
>>
>>29935397
Kinda, they've all got rather different activities to do.
>>
File: Pewter_Gym_battlefield_PO.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pewter_Gym_battlefield_PO.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29935116
>But the trials are essentially gyms

stop

Gyms are not replaceable, gyms have their own atmosphere, design, puzzles, and it feels exciting to finally get to the leader after going through trainers. Remember finally fucking hitting the right teleporter and appearing next to sabrina? Or going through the weird mace shit and finding Giovanni?

Or going through all the kanto gyms again after johto and finding out blue is the leader of viridian city now?

All that excitement, gone, and replaced with what? Generic locations and lame fetch quests.

>Plus, after finishing an island's trials, you move on to the Kahuna

Cool, and then you have a battle in the middle of nowhere and you get to fight 4 of them.

> The trials are just a refreshing new take on gyms.

wrong wrong wrong on so many levels holy shit, pokemon deserves to go to shit if its average consumer is this clueless

>>29935397

Not really, little to no environmental puzzles 7 hours in, it's just "go through generic terrain and obstacles you would find in any other overworld in any other gen and kill/collect thing", really shit.

Basically, imagine if in pokemon blue/moon mt moon is a gym, except much smaller, and you have to kill 3 zubats and then a giant zubat. that's the entire game.
>>
>>29935522
>it feels exciting to finally get to the leader after going through trainers.
Wrong. No one cared about the puzzles and trainer were just there to get some easy exp. I don't think there is anyone who would define "exciting" what happened between entering a Gym and fighting the Gym Leader.
Trials need to be improved, but they are a step in the right direction
>>
>>29935522
Oh, I get it. You're a genwunner.
>>
>>29934602
>>
>>29935522
Who the fuck gets excited in gyms, honestly half the time I can't wait for them to be over.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.