[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know they're all terrible but which one of these is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

I know they're all terrible but which one of these is the best competitively speaking?
>>
>>29934169
when inciniroar gets intimidate, him.
>>
>>29934169
Incineroar
>>
Incineroar in doubles.
Primarina in singles.
>>
Only Decidueye and he's outclassed by Dhelmise entirely so who cares
>>
Someone post their stats.

I can see them doing okay with their hidden abilities, though Primarina's is kinda useless. Incineroar is Emboar without the crazy recoil and it has intimidate. Not sure about Decidueye. I'd have to see his movepool and stats.
>>
>>29934169
Primarina. Once Incineroar gets Intimidate it will be up their in UU too.

It's stupid that these two get nice HAs for doubles but they aren't available at all. Fucking GF.
>>
>>29934169
I love them all design wise but Primarina is the only one that might have a chance of being used.
>>
Isn't Primarina a bulky water/fairy? I imagine it'll do well.
>>
Incineroar will probably be the best. Maybe Primarina but it's dragged down by the number of water types already around and more issues than the other two.

>>29934274
>these two get nice HAs for doubles
Primarina's is far too mediocre to ever make it useful for anything.

>>29934324
No. It's a special attacker.
>>
File: IMG_20160901_202759.jpg (37KB, 610x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160901_202759.jpg
37KB, 610x383px
>>29934324
>bulky
>>
>>29934274
Incineroar isn't making UU. Arcanine is already there doing the same job it would better, and it's not even that good in UU.
>>
>>29934169
Primarina wins both singles and doubles until Incineroar gets Intimidate, after which he will take over doubles. Then Primarina gets Boomburst in S2M2 and reclaims that title.
>>
I imagine it'll change as the new games come out. Who knows what move tutor moves they'll get in the D/P remakes.
>>
>>29934377
I wouldn't really say mediocre. In singles, sure, no point in using it. In Doubles, it's a Surf/Sparkling Aria that bypasses subs, doesn't hit your ally and avoids healing a very welcome burn. But otherwise, I would have to agree.
>>
>>29934451
>Primarina
>ever getting Boomburst
Won't happen, GF will think it's too overpowered.
>>
>>29934484
They've committed worse crimes before, plus a 140 BP Surf is really nothing to write home about in the grand scheme of things.
>>
None of them will be good until their HA come. Afterward, Incineroar will function as a Diet Arcanine, Decidueye will still be a discount Dhelmise, and Primarina will continue to be a staple on Gardevoir/Lopunny/Delphox teams.
>>
>>29934418
>Incineroar isn't making UU. Arcanine is already there doing the same job it would better, and it's not even that good in UU.

incineroar has more bulk than it and a better offensive typing for the tier filled with bulky waters
>>
>>29934546
>Primarina will continue to be a staple on Gardevoir/Lopunny/Delphox teams.
>>
>>29934169
nah OP
if anything, the one that will benefit from intimidate is litten in LC
>fast
>intimidate
>will o wisp
>u turn
>leech life
>fake out
it will be a better growlithe IMO
>>
>>29934484
>think
Buddy a 210 base power water move with 100% accuracy that isn't taking into account a choice spec or life orb damage is way too good.
>>
>>29934169
They all have there own niches, Incineroar can play as a bulky Arcanine (yes it's a thing even being pure Fire) minus the Speed part, but it does make up in its surprisingly balanced defenses and HP and Intimidate helps a lot. Plus, it hets U-Turn and Fake Out, which is always good. Decidueye can actually play as a passer since it gets BP and access to Nasty Plot and SD. And Spirit Shackle not being a base 70 power move helps a lot because what doesn't get killed by it gets trapped abd if it can't do anything to Deci, it can set up all it wants in its face and pass it to down. Yeah it sounds a bit situational, but once it gets going, it's gonna be hard to stop. And for Primarina, yeah lack of recovery hurts, but it still has a solid typing plus acces to HV and Ice Beam for coverage, just don't use its HA, you're better off with Torrent.

They definetly aren't terrible like everyone in this dumpster hole makes them out to be, Gen 5 still is the train wreck it has alway been. Once we get acces to HA and also Move Tutors (remember, Serperior became good and Greninja amazing once they got acces to them), we will see how thing turn out to be.

And for who's good in the current state, gotta say either Primarina or Incineroar.
>>
>>29934484
Coming from the makers of Mega-Fug.
>>
>>29934484
>Mega Rayquaza won't happen, GF will think it's too overpowered
>>
Incineroar. Its slow but bulky and has intimidate
>>
>>29934561
Incineroar doesn't even have anything to hit bulky waters with. Arcanine at least has Wild Charge. It also has to rely on fucking non-STAB Leech Life for recovery, and it's weak to Fighting moves.
>>
>>29934169
Singles only Decidueye and he is outclassed by dhelmise on every espect
>>
>>29934616
Do arcinines even run wild charge any more?
>>
>>29934648
In singles? More often than you would think.
>>
>>29934616
>Incineroar doesn't even have anything to hit bulky waters with.
STAB Darkest Lariat?
>>
>>29934515
>>29934594
>>29934611
They have, but I get the idea they were afraid of making another Greninja. I mean especially in Primarina's case, where it gets a bad version of Pixilate and a bad version of Surf. They clearly didn't want it to be that good, whether it was due to their overestimating it's typing or something else.
>>
>>29934671
Darkest Lariat is okay, but Wild Charge is better even without STAB. Plus Incineroar is slow as dick, it can't really afford to switch into things. Flare Blitz is one of its main offensive moves too and that'll wear into its survivability, especially since it can't just recover the damage off without using Leech Life.
>>
File: 1458141028101.png (8KB, 222x396px) Image search: [Google]
1458141028101.png
8KB, 222x396px
>Primarina doesn't learn Calm Mind
Primarina doesn't learn Calm Mind
>>
>>29934784
Leech life and leftovers is pretty decent recovery
>>
>>29934674
I'm not sure what they were thinking with Primarina's HA.
A Surf that hits through Substitutes but is blocked by Soundproof is not a good use, and outside of that, what else is there to use? Echoed Voice? The only thing that isn't plain garbage but still retardedly gimmicky would be chaining Round with a fast ally in doubles to dish out a 120 BP water move early in the turn.
>>
>>29934866
They honestly should've just give it Pixilate and call it a day, especially now with the nerf abd that there's no legal Pixilate/Aerilate HV spammer (in VGC).
>>
File: 1477337925523.png (293KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477337925523.png
293KB, 600x480px
>>29934786
lmaoing@ the tranny lovers saying HE would get Calm Mind and surpass the original mermaid. Starterfags got btfo real good this year.
>>
>>29934846
Leech Life has 7 resists and it's non-STAB. The only reason anything runs bug moves is for STAB or because it's U-Turn, one of the best moves in the game. I guess you could run U-turn on this thing, that'd be interesting. I don't think that's enough to make it UU though.
>>
Decidueye = OU
Incineroar = NU
Primarina = UU
>>
>>29934972
>Decidueye = OU

This is what Owlfags believe
>>
>>29934925
They should just make it give Sparkling Aria a damage boost. I mean, it's already a water sound move, so why not?
>>
File: 1415641104765.png (326KB, 3388x3638px) Image search: [Google]
1415641104765.png
326KB, 3388x3638px
>>29934972
>>
Primarina - UU

Incineroar - RU

Decidueye - NU or PU
>>
>>29934947
Reminder that your tranny snake didn't get a fairy typing.
>>
>>29935032
>Decidueye PU
Anon, with the moveset it gets, its more likely to be UU/RU then NU if anything else.
>>
>>29934169
Incineroar since it doesn't have easy replacements yet. The closest is arcanine and infernape

Primaria is a poor man's miltoic. Decidueye is a less tanky anchor
>>
>>29935064
I could see Decidueye going two ways. Everyone thinks it's shit until some guy makes some secret strong strategy that pushes it to OU, or people keep using it in OU/UU trying to make it work even though it's consistently underwhelming.
>>
>>29935049
>tranny snake
Except Milotic has gender differences so you can actually tell, is 50/50, and is one of the few Pokemon where the female form is considered the default. :^)
>didn't get a fairy typing.
Yet it's still better which just proves how garbage these starters are.
>>
File: 1473557858841.png (679KB, 1430x2229px) Image search: [Google]
1473557858841.png
679KB, 1430x2229px
>>
>>29935160
I still named my Popplio Ballio.
Dreams die hard.
>>
>>29934947
>Milotic
>mermaid

love this meme.
>>
>>29935160

I still wish they were real somehow, even if only in a fan game, but alas.
>>
>>29935032
theyre probably all going to end up uu, with decidueye lowest in bl2 because ru wont allow something with one of those trapping moves in their tier but its basically outclassed by the anchor and celebi above that
>>
File: ballio3.png (2MB, 900x2580px) Image search: [Google]
ballio3.png
2MB, 900x2580px
>>29935182
cherish your dreams anon
>>
>>29935131

>some guy makes some secret strong strategy

do you even read the stupid shit you type before you press post?
>>
>>29935157
Not anymore. Rare ratios aren't canon. So will Primarina's. Fairy. :^)
>>
>>29935237
it's amazing how easy it is to spot the samefag ballio squad thanks to their overuse of spoiler fags

fuck off from these boards and never return
>>
>>29935287
Man who gives a shit about how it's phrased? The point is that someone could change the way we see this thing, a niche pick that eventually surges into OU. I'm not banking on it, but you never know.
>>
>>29935334
>Not anymore.
Gender differences for old Pokemon still exist, most people just didn't bother including them in the big Alola Dex spritesheets.
>>
>>29935032
Do people not understand how bad you have to be to go into PU?

PU is for things like Pyukumuku

Even Gumshoos and Lurantis will hit NU
>>
>>29935773
I don't think Decidueye will be PU, but Gumshoos and Lurantis definitely will. You know what's in PU? Floatzel. And Floatzel is definitely better than Gumshoos and Lurantis.
>>
>>29935833
What, how the hell did Floatzel get into PU
>>
Primarina has surprisingly good coverage, but no boosting moves and the most generic Fairy stat distribution ever. A Specs set could work in any tier (official or Smogon) that bans Manaphy and Keldeo. Even then, you're probably better off with Sylveon.

Incineroar is too slow to sweep and makes for a shit tank due to its bad defensive typing and lack of recovery.

Decidueye has a bland stat distribution and low Base Power moves. Spirit Shackle's secondary effect doesn't mean shit, for the same reason Shadow Tag is broken while Infestation is useless. Just use Gourgeist.
>>
>>29935864
Was outclassed by harder hitting water types like Samurott and Basculin, i think.
>>
>>29935884
Incineroar isnt a tank
>>
>>29935928
Floatzel is actually okay in NU from what I hear. Basculin is also PU. But Samurott is strong in NU. Also funny enough, Meganium is shitty even in PU.
>>
>>29935988
>Meganium is shitty even in PU.
Damn
>>
If there's a way to get HAs, Incineroar will be good in vgc. Intimidate + fake out is super strong. The other two aren't going to be used there either way.
>>
>>29935988
>No matter how bad your starter is, be glad it ain't Meganium

That's sorta sad, Meganium's a big favorite of mine. Bloody shame they aren't capable of making the poor fella decent somehow, how many generations does it have to wait?
>>
>>29936057
Actually, you can inject the starters with their HAs, but they're not legal on Battle Spot. Just like it was with gen 5 starters in BW/B2W2.
>>
File: 1470917873023.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470917873023.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>>29935988
>Meganium is shitty even in PU
Every time I start to think it's just a meme more validation gets thrown in my face. I want this to end.
>>
>>29935773

Even really good Pokémon on paper end up in PU: Zebstrika, Floatzel, the elemental monkeys, Rapidash, Raichu, Mr. Mime, Dodrio, Gigalith, and Cacturne, to name a few.

The tiers are a lot more selective these days; Pokémon that were in OU now are now in UU or RU, Pokémon that were in UU two generations ago are in NU or PU, etc.

Unless it really impresses, Decidueye isn't going anywhere. And right now, it has a decent movepool but really terrible defense, speed, and defensive typing. Hell, Trevenant and Gourgeist (all forms) are currently in PU.

The standards have risen and Decidueye doesn't seem like it will be anywhere near the top. It may hit NU, but I doubt it is going anywhere higher.
>>
>>29936666
No way Dodrio is going to be PU now
>>
>>29936094
Probably a while. The GS remakes weren't that long ago, and it's not exactly popular enough for them to take the time and give it anything
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.