[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's come to my attention that in the recent days a classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20161115-122130.png (984KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161115-122130.png
984KB, 1440x2560px
It's come to my attention that in the recent days a classic holographic Charizard from the new 'XY Evolutions' Set is selling for an arm and a leg.
It's said to be an "Error"- print.
My question is the authenticity of its rarity.
The seller claims the card contains reverse holo properties while still being a classic holo.

I know there's the reverse holo, and the classic holo (which I have and it also has the reverse holo glimmer).
Are there charizard cards without the reverse holo properties or is it just another eBay scam?

>sorry for the long post
>>
File: 20161115_125227.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_125227.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
The card I have
>>
File: 20161115_125233.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_125233.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>29933246
>>
File: 2016-11-09-09-38-49-1753877754.jpg (9KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-09-09-38-49-1753877754.jpg
9KB, 168x192px
>>29932852
>kik
>>
It's not reverse holo, it's that the foil effect is applied to the whole card by accident. This happened back in the first couple of gens on occasion. I have a Togetic with the holo effect on the main card from Neo Genesis.

Dunno how rare it was back then, or if it's particularly rare now (we seem to get a lot more fucked up cards nowadays), but it looks like a legitimate error card.
>>
congrats op. have you found any documented sales of the error card? it would probably be more helpful for you if you wish to sell your error card.

it is still lame how much the holographic patterns on most non-jp cards suck. and, unlike certain tcg holofoil cards, you can't clean up the ink on jp pokemon cards to get to the foil pattern

>>29933354
there's been a lot more cases of packing errors over the past few years. as much as the tcg pack pulls on youtube are annoying, at least the evidence of pack errors are shown. mostly they are positive i think, as most will be filled with holo rares & up
>>
>>29933548
>there's been a lot more cases of packing errors over the past few years.
Do you think they're being less careful since the TCG isn't as popular as it was in the early 2000s?
>>
>>29932852
How many have appeared on eBay I've heard of this error in the past so does it happen a lot?
>>
>>29934021
I've seen 3-4 posts on this specific card, however more and more of all other classic reprints (machamp, chancey, ninetails, etc...) with the same error holographic. Not sure how many exist.
I'm guessing few, as I have other holographic cards that have shadows where the "Error" holo particles would be.
I can take pictures if you guys would like
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.