[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like Lusamine's entire appeal as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: 150px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png (46KB, 150x344px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png
46KB, 150x344px
Does anyone else feel like Lusamine's entire appeal as a villain was diminished when it was revealed that she was under the influence of Nihilego? To be fair, it's an understandable move, but I feel like there would be more of an impact if she went the way of Cyrus, Ghetsis, or Lysandre.
>>
It's because of her husband.
>>
They needed to redeem her to tie-up Lillie's character arc.
>>
>>29932566
The toxin doesn't make people evil. It just brings out their most extreme desires in an obsessive manner. She still shares some of the blame.
>>
>>29932566
>under the influence of Nihilego
You clearly don't understand, anon
She was NOT just being mind controlled by Nihilego, she legitimately wanted what she wanted. Lillie says as much when she says it's a struggle to get Lusamine to understand why what she did was wrong.

The reason she called Lillie beautiful after getting the stuffing beaten out of her fused form... I'm guessing it's supposed to show that she finally recognizes how Lillie's become strong without her control. Not just "oh mind control over".
>>
>>29932674
Except "oh mind control over" is exactly what it was.
>>
Lusamine used to be a good girl, then she lost her husband and went insane, ub-01 only made that insanity much worse.
>>
>>29932711
Is this something revealed in post-game? 'Cause otherwise I'm not seeing it.
>>
I want to fuck Lillie.
>>
>>29932711
It wasn't mind control because Nihilego doesn't have enough will to control anything. She was high.
>>
Why are we allowed to catch mind control jelly fish?
>>
>>29932566
Shes honestly a pretty terrible villain, all of her evil smiles make me cringe, her hair is dumb, and her motive is just weak.

I would have preferred Guzma as the Big Bad.
>>
>>29932731
Nah. The Pokedex entry for Nihilego even says that it's a parasite that doesn't control its host, it just uses a drug-like poison that makes them go crazy.

>>29932763
Why are we allowed to pet it?
>>
>>29932646
This,Lusamine Was evil by nature
>>
>>29932646
...Why crazy lady obsessive over hau then?
>>
>>29932742
best post in this thread
>>
This is what happened
>Lusamine was a good girl
>Her husband was sucked by ultra protals, only leaving documents about ub-01
>Lusamine snapped and became obsessed with ultra portals and ub-01 just to find her husband
>she finds UB-01 and its parasitic nature infected lusamine, turning her obsession to insane levels
In end, she wasn't evil, just a victim of tragic circumstances that drove her to the edge.
>>
OP didn't understand the story. Her deceased husband was after the UBs, and when he died she became obsessed with them.

Plus Nihilego just intensifies people's obsessions so everything she did was 100% her
>>
File: Battler_monkey.png (5KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
Battler_monkey.png
5KB, 228x228px
>Nihilego brings out a person's most extreme desires and makes them violent.
Gee Game Freak, nice rip off you got there.
>>
>>29932765
> implying Our Boi could ever be bad
KILL YOURSELF FGT
>>
>>29932894
But hes such a dick anon.
>>
If the father is the one who discovered Ultra Wormholes, and is supposedly dead, then who is Mohn?
>>
>>29932855
He didn't die, he was sucked by an ultra portal...then appeared in island in a conner of alola, unable to remember anything but his name and settle here, go fat and started a small service realted to EV.
>>
>>29932921
The father, he just lost his memory.
>>
>>29932566
Nihilego did nothing wrong.

Lusamine was a bad influence on her.
>>
>>29932765
>>29932894
GUZMA WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>29932613
WHY THE FUCK IS MOHN JUST IN POKE PELAGO WANKING TO SOME BEANS THEY'RE NOT EVEN SUBTLE ABOUT IT
>>
>>29932566
Wicke confirms in postgame that Nihelego can't actually change someone's desires, I think.
>>
>>29934049
Is not obvious that he doesn't remember a shit?
>>
>>29932566
You do remember that she was evil BEFORE she saw the ultra beasts, right? She was going nuts and mistreating her children long before she came into actual contact with squidkid
>>
>>29936675
So what >>29932827 said?
>>
>>29936675
And her husband fucking off to score squid pussy doesn't mean she was somehow infected with squid aids. That came years later.

>>29936714
No, because she was crazy obsessive before the squid. Pay attention
>>
>>29936757
Yeah, Lillie even says that she got even worse after Gladion left.
>>
>>29932674
Is she in a coma by the end? I went straight to beating the Elite Four and in the end it was hinted she was awake.
>>
>>29937071
She's awake, but very weak.
>>
>>29932919
Yeah, the DICK OF MY HEART.
>>
Is every parent in Sun/Moon abusive?
>>
>>29937244
Not your mom.
>>
>>29932975
Proof?
>>
>>29937244
Your mom isn't, Hau's are normal, probably
>>
>>29937579
Hau's father left the family because he got sick of them.
>>
>>29937619
They could have gone with him, he was sick of Hala and being compared to him not his whole family.
>>
File: Cyrus.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
I think Cyrus was the best villain of the series.

The man had a horrid childhood growing up, being neglected if not outright abused. In turn, he became so emotionally fucked up he decided to create a world without any emotion with which he could conflict. The man pursued a goal not out of ambition, but out of cynicism and numbness. Yet he still manages to come off as morbidly polite to the protag.
>>
>>29938227
Because he wasn't doing anything wrong. Religions focus on having users escape from the illusions created by emotions into nirvana.
>>
>>29937146
Is she in a vegetative state? Is that how weak she was?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atiRDtPcRIc
>this was Lusamine's theme even from before you knew she was evil
They weren't even pretending to fool anyone, huh.
>>
>>29938265
But he was planning on destroying the world at a metaphysical level to make room for his new one. He didn't care about the current world in its entirety, let alone the people that lived in it.

The fact that he abandoned his emotional drive to destroy all emotion in the world is heartless on many levels, but said numbness came off as relatable to me.
>>
>>29938358
She's not a vegetable. At the party when you become Champ Lillie mentions that she wanted to come, too, but she was still too weak.
>>
>>29938227
I remember thinking he was the worst antagonist after playing Pearl, but something about Platinum made him so much better. It was probably the Distortion World.
>>
Why didn't Lillie just leave Lusamine in the distortion world after she said she didn't want to leave? She was clearly happy there, just take ya boi and leave her to get squidfucked
>>
>>29938662
Yeah. In Plat he was more focused on the creation of the new world, now that it was actually illustrated, than on himself being the ruler of it.
>>
>>29938227

>I'm creating a world without feelings because I can't handle having my feelings hurt
>>
>>29938705
Because Lusamine would have completely lost her mind and eventually died if they left her in the Ultra Dimension and despite everything Lillie still loved her mom.
>>
>>29938705
I think Lusamine wanted to destroy our world so that there was nothing else BUT her and Nihilego.

Also, apparently its the "Ultra Dimension." The Distortion World is essentially subspace while the Ultra Dimension is, predictably, a whole dimension unto itself.
>>
>>29938770
Now, that's exaggerating. It's more like
>Emotions and spirit are roadblocks to my thoughts and logic, so I'm creating a world without them so my thoughts can go unimpeded.
>>
>>29938227
>Wants to create a world without any emotion
>Gets trapped in an emotionless void at the end of the game

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>29932566
Her appeal as a villain was sacrificed for her appeal as a character. It's a nice change of pace since most Pokémon villains are "hurr I do bad thing"-tier simple. It's a story about a woman and her family. You don't always need a Earth/universe-destroying megalomaniac as your villain.
>>
>>29938650
Ohhh, ok. That clears some things up.
>>
>>29932772
AU where capturing Nihilego makes your character get high as well. Your appearance changes (mostly the face expression) and you unlock a new story where people try to save you from the effects
>>
>>29938859

yes you are right, sounds a lot better
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.