[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTl 9NludBI4 Hacking this g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

File: lunalaqr_test.png (775KB, 610x973px) Image search: [Google]
lunalaqr_test.png
775KB, 610x973px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTl9NludBI4

Hacking this generation's gonna be real good.
>>
Yay I get to make a picture appear on the top of my screen briefly
>>
Wait, what the fuck?
What happened to QR injection being protected with RSA-768 encryption on event QRs? Or is that bypassable for people running homebrew?
Explain
>>
>>29932481
Did you even watch the video
>>
Thanks man.
A few questions:
It'll always overwrite the first slot?
Can inject to pc?
>>
>>29932481
Didn't you see the end?
>>
>>29932481
You'll note that the first pokemon in my party changed.

Patch I wrote last night let's you scan a QR code PKHeX can generate -> Pokemon in the front of your party gets overwritten by a pk7 of your choice.
>>
>>29932481
...did you even watch the video?
>>
>>29932502
Can you do the same for Box1 Slot1?
Is this gonna be released any time soon? Any writeups?
>>
>>29932529
It'll almost certainly be released before the official release date of the game.

I could almost certainly make a similar patch that does the same for box 1 slot 1.
>>
>>29932563
Please answer me this. Does this work for N3DS? Giveaways are gonna be a piece of cake with this.
>>
>>29932618
I'm testing it on an N3DS. It'll work with luma or HANS, but it's way easier to use with luma.
>>
>>29932432

Random question about hacking the games:

S/M are 1GB or so bigger than X/Y or OR/AS - what's all the space taken up with? There's less audio tracks, a smaller region, no pre-rendered cutscenes and arguably less content.

Is my hunch correct that the overworld is rendered differently in this game and is the source of the large filesize?
>>
>>29932630
Shit that's nice, but how exactly did you bypass the encryption on N3DS?
>>
Is it possible to release it on code.bin form to load it using Luma?

Or is that the primary method even. Just don't want to have to rebuild the entire .cia.
>>
>>29932635
yes, there's no grid so the file size for that data is a lot larger.
>>
>>29932630
Is the patch inflexible, or would it be possible to make QR scans do other things such as changing event flags, fill entire boxes with randomized Pokemon, or change basic values like TID/SID/money?
>>
>>29932432
So this means you can inject any pokémon, with any EV/IV and moves you want?
>>
Will this require homebrew to generate pokemon?
>>
>>29932743
yes

>>29932748
of course
>>
>>29932739
The patch is...highly inflexible. I have to stub out game functions and overwrite them with manually crafted assembly, basically. It's kind of terrible.

The QR injection function was, for example, written over the "How many QR scans do you have left" function, which I stubbed to always return 10.

The way the patch currently works is you scan in a QR code, and if it has a specific length and a valid checksum, a PK7 is read out of it and injected to slot 1 of your party. If the QR isn't the specific length or has a bad checksum, normal QR scanning takes place.

>>29932743
Yeah, the QR code you scan contains a PK7.
>>
>>29932794
Do you plan to release it after the games come out?
>>
So this could be a new entry point?
>>
its a romhack so you beggar faggots cant do it anyway kek
>>
>>29932824
I plan to clean it up, see what additional features I can squeeze in, and release it in the next few days.
>>
So, ELI5 I just bought a New 3DS XL and plan on playing the game at release on cartridge. Will it be possible for me to inject with QR like back in ORAS before it was patched?
>>
>>29932840
Additional features?
>>
>>29932432
I got a unrelated question but...

I edit my savegame with pkhex, view the pokemon in box1slot1, save it as binary.

Then I start the game and dump the ram with ntr and search for the bytearray of the pokemon that should be in slot1... and can't find it. I find a different byte array that is the same until the double 0x00 bytes and overwriting this bytearray with the one from pkhex injects the pokemon at the right position (thus I found the box1slot1 offset). However, I'm confused why the manual saved binary representation in pkhex is different from the one in the main file.

Can you clear this up for me?
>>
>>29932840
That sounds great, I'm really looking forward to it!

>>29932832
QR function does not equal entry point

>>29932838
Good job, you're retarded
>>
>>29932901
I know but QR has been exploited on 3DS several times
>>
>>29932901
>>29932838 is right
Why do you think you need luma or HANS (a rom patching tool) to use it?
>>
>>29932832
The patch in the first place requires CFW/homebrew to run, and even then Pokemon SM only has access to itself, it can't do anything outside the game itself unless another exploit is found inside the game.

So no and even if it did it wouldn't matter because you require CFW to run it so why the fuck would you enter homebrew through an installed .cia game.
>>
Can I do this without homebrew?
>>
>>29932920
It could result in a secondary maybe, highly doubt we're gonna find anything better on that one.

>>29932972
No homebrew = no nothing
>>
File: 1425025765377.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1425025765377.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>>29932972
>>29932832
>>29932886
>>
So will this work with O3DS, or is it yet another thing we'll never get?
>>
>>29932737

Mind explaining why it makes a difference?
>>
>>29933110
Imagine a 100x100 map.
Now imagine a grid of 10x10 pixel fields.
You have to save data for 100 positions (10x10).

Now imagine no grid. Suddenly you have to save information for 10000 (100x100) positions

(you don't actually save that much information, as it is not worth to tread it as a 100x100 grid, but you end up saving a lot more information anyway)
>>
>>29933170

Why does the information need to be saved? It's just an area.

Compare Xenoblade 3DS to Alola...Alola is small even in comparison to older Pokemon games and it has even fewer interiors. By this logic Xenoblade should be basically incapable of fitting on a 3DS cart.
>>
>>29932563
Any chance we could get something similar for QR teams?
>>
>>29933241
Where are you going to load the area from if you don't save it?

Can't compare it to xenoblade as I never played it, I just explained why in general a ungridded map is more expensive than a grid one.

The reason why SM is a gb bigger than oras/xy is most likely based on the models used (more pokemon) as well as sound. Sound and models make games pretty big, actual ingame content barely effects the size of a game. That + general engine changes should be the main reason the games are bigger now.
>>
>>29932432
What's the point of all this shit when you can easily pkhex whatever you want in literally one minute or less?
>>
>>29933379
the actual injection part you fool. Also probably more a proof of concept than a actual breakthrough, as this can already be done faster with ntr
>>
>>29933379
You don't have to back up/restore saves with this.
>>
>>29933349
This
>>
>>29933349
>>29933413
if they are sane they are going to link the battleteam qr code to a GL id and not to the ingame data...
>>
>>29932886
It was never patched unless you patched it anon.
>>
>>29933364

No offense but I'm looking for facts, not 'Most likely's.

Sound is a non-argument because there are far less vocal tracks in S/M than there are in X/Y and OR/AS
>>
>>29933440
Yeah, but hopefully not. It'd be fun to make some sort of tool to make a pseudo-rental team all randomized.
Can one do mock battles against a QR team? Because if so, it could be a way to get some fun.
>>
>>29932502
What's the point of scanning a QR to add a Pokemon to your party when you can simply add it by editing the save ?
>>
>>29933570
Convenience, and it's also kind of a proof of concept. Generate pokemon in PKHeX -> scan QR, Pokemon is in game without you ever having to backup/restore save. It's pretty slick.
>>
>>29933570
The first is a billion types more efficient for small scale injections.
>>
>>29933570
Convenience

>close game
>export save with jksm
>transfer save to PC
>edit with pkhex
>transfer save back to 3ds
>import save with jksm
>start game

vs

>make pokemon in pkhex
>scan QR code
>>
>>29933616
Does this patch work on older 3DS models?
>>
>>29932432
Tearing this generation a new asshole before it's even out. God's work.
>>
>>29932502
wow so with this you dont need to even extract your save file, this would be cool
>>
>>29933688
Pokemon SM is a high-ram game, like Xenoblade and Monster Hunter, so you can't side-boot SM with NTR/HANS to patch the game
>>
>>29933688
Pretty much this.
>>
>>29933794
*on o3ds
>>
>>29932432
>injection ready before game release
told yo bois
>>
>>29933837
mate, pkhex has been compatible for a week already
>>
>>29933837
PKHeX was updated to support SM pretty much the night the .cia leaked.
>>
>>29933854
>>29933856
Not him but is save editing on a computer really "injection"?

I had the idea that "injection" meant to literally inject data into the game directly, like the old QR browser method on ORAS.
>>
>>29934069
If you want to get technical, you're injecting a modified save into the game.
>>
>>29934069
It's no use to argue over this, but injecting was way easier with the introduction of QR so it's both.
>>
Another newfag question: can I use PKHeX without homebrew? I somewhat remember during either x and y or Oras that I could simply transfer the save file from the SD card to the PC or some shit.
>>
So, was the QR function hacked or can it be used to inject?
>>
>>29934760
Both.

You need to hack in a patch and then it can be used to inject. The patch is CFW only.
>>
>>29932432
What do you think of the possibility to read Pokémon from the game, so they can be edited just as easily in PKHeX?

The only time QR codes are displayed in-game is, AFAIK, when using the Pokédex, so do you think it can be patched, so say for example, the QR code displayed for a shitmon like Pikipek will always be a PK7 of the first Pokémon in your party, something like that. Or is that just asking for too much?
>>
>>29935126
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/EventAssistant/releases

Wait for this 3DS program to update, it's basically PKHex on your 3DS, even if the title and description for some reason almost try to hide that fact.
The author is actively working on it, SM support will be soon. You'll be able to edit Pokemon directly on the 3DS, though it doesn't have move editing support yet.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pchex-pchex-with-its-own-gui.405302/page-62
This was the one everyone used for gen 6, but the guy basically went MIA.
>>
>>29935181
That's just as slow as save editing. I'm just wondering if manipulating how QR codes are displayed would be feasible.
>>
>>29932502
Would you still need to hack the ds?
>>
You mentioned Luma, so I'm guessing it's a code.bin patch?
>>
>>29934700
The save data is saved as part of the game, not with its own file, so probably not.
>>
>>29935407
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/798612932212854784
Yep. So would work fine with Luma on o3DS, but to use it with HANS you'd need a n3DS.
>>
>>29935340
well duh
>>
>>29932635
>a smaller region
???????
>>
>>29935480

Don't confuse the illusion of size with actual size. Alola may have more detailed backgrounds giving you the impression of more things going on, but it's smaller than Kalos and Sinnoh...maybe about the same size as Hoenn without the water. Don't forget that there are far less interiors and only two very basic caves.

We need a proper metric for this though. I'd be interested to know the total tile count for gens 1-6, though this isn't necessarily the best measurement either.
>>
>>29935727
The first island is promising, but the other ones feel unfinished as fuck.

>enter the HUGE volcano on the second island
>it teleports me to the top
I couldn't believe my eyes, what the fuck was GF even doing during development?
There's a lot more shit too after the first island

>Get to bottom of big mountain with a road leading up to it
>The road is blocked, and there's a random bus there to teleport me to the top

>Reach new route that looks long on the map
>Explore about 30% of it
>Reach a loading screen that takes me all the way to the end into a new area

>Find a Lighthouse that has a solid fence cutting access to it
>HUGE golf course with golf NPCs around it, and a door clearly leading to it, door is shut tight and can't be opened
>Empty building lots everywhere
>90% of town houses can't be entered
>No caves to speak of

Alola is unfinished.
>>
>>29935926
Really does feel like a bunch was left out. Plus side, it's got me hype as fuck for the inevitable DPP remakes next year.
>>
>>29936012
Unless they go back to full 2D-esque grid movement to lazily recreate Sinnoh 1:1 for "authenticity", and bring back HMs too.

I fully expect them to do this.
>>
File: 1469617470388.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1469617470388.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>29935926
>Empty building lots everywhere
>There will be DLCs for that r-right?
I know it isn't happening, but this still has potential.
>>
>>29935926

It's really really fucking shit. I still can't believe you can't access the pools on Ulaula. Why the fuck do they even exist on the map? I just don't even understand it. Even with Kalos the stuff on the map that looked interesting was reachable, even if it didn't serve much of a purpose.

It hurts so much because I've defended GameFreak so much, I'll always be a fan of them - I've even been to their fucking office in Setagaya but this is just inexcusable.

I really want to say, "No, they're just setting this up for an update or a sequel" but then it just makes me think 'Why have they released a completed game like this'. Even if there is a sequel, these games are just unfinished - it's exactly as you say. I want to believe there'll be an update that will unlock stuff but history just says otherwise.

I remember feeling this way about B/W when it came out; that it was too story driven, too linear and didn't have enough postgame but S/M is actually worse than B/W in those regards when you compare them. Sometimes I honestly feel as though B/W never intended to have a sequel and someway through development they realized that to meet deadlines they'd have to make a sequel.

I mean, it all turned out for the best because I ended up really enjoying BW2 but I just get a bad feeling about all this. If there is a sequel, intentional or not I hope we just get it soon enough that I don't start losing hope in the franchise.
>>
>>29936252
I hope for a sequel next year too.

You'd have the usual shitposting about "yearly franchise" and "people who bought SM1 BTFO" and shit, but I think it'd be for the best in the long run, to save this gen.
>>
>>29936293

Agreed. A culmination of both 'Pokemon Z' and Sun & Moon 2 that wraps up both games would be absolutely excellent for me and I'd forgive GF for the emptyish feeling of X/Y, but I have no idea how they'd do it. Maybe some kind of dimensional gap between Kalos and Alola, with Kalos being back in the Victorian era so they can work Magearna in somehow. It's totally nuts and they'd never do it but any sequel would be fine for me as long as it makes the games better.
>>
Someone explain to me how I do this
I have a first gen 3ds that's fully updated as of a few months ago. What do I need to do to be able to inject pokemon via qr code?
>>
>>29935926
>>29936012
It's the curse of anniversary games: You have a hard deadline, which makes you fuck up, thereby tainting the anniversary.
>>
>>29936456
Check firmware
>>
>>29936467
If only Hoennbabies didn't piss themselves crying until they got the abortion that was ORAS, then maybe they could have focused more on SM.
>>
>>29936456
>fully updated as of a few months ago
So you're probably on 11.0+, which leaves you shit out of luck for the time being, unless you happen to have a copy of Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms Deluxe.
>>
>>29933794
What about pre-patched cia files?
>>
>>29936467
Holy shit, SM is the Xillia of the franchise.

It all comes together.
>>
>>29936488
11.0.0 -33U
>>
>>29936634
refer to this then
>>29936551
>>
>>29936643
Well fuck, no Solgaleo/Sun Ultra Beasts for me
>>
>>29936722
You can always trade for them, you get a lot of the same ultra beasts.
>>
Can I use Ram2Sav when SuMo comes out? I haven't used PkHex in a while, so I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>29936814
Are the ultra beasts not legendaries? Can youu get more than one of the version exclusive ones
>>
>>29933570

For people who don't have (or don't want) CFW.
>>
>>29937504
Except you still need CFW for this method you idiot. Read the thread.
>>
>>29937504
but you need cfw to do it..
>>
>>29937468
You get up to four of one in the same place.
>>29937504
You at least need homebrew.
>>
>>29937519
>>29937520
>>29937574

prove it
>>
>>29937690
read the thread
>>
>>29937690
At least they don't have to prove you being a retard because you just did it yourself.
>>
>>29937690

It says in the video description that it's a patch. You can't run an unofficially patched game on a legit firmware.
>>
Will there be a device like power saves anytime soon?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.