[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.gamingboulevard.com/2016 /11/review-pokemon-sun-m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0729.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.png
1MB, 1280x720px
http://www.gamingboulevard.com/2016/11/review-pokemon-sun-moon/
Here you go, fag talks about the fact that it's too easy now with the type advantages being displayed on attack screens! TRUTH by the normies
>>
The review is still very positive nevertheless.
>>
File: 1473532560833.jpg (22KB, 424x463px) Image search: [Google]
1473532560833.jpg
22KB, 424x463px
>>29929718
>http://www.gamingboulevard.com/2016/11/review-pokemon-sun-moon/
T-Thanks Anon. I guess im not getting Sun/Moon because of what bad reviews and the lash on the game from /vp/. I guess its back to White2 for me...
>>
>>29929718
I don't get it, it doesn't show up until after you've seen it once. And because of this, since you haven't seen the pokemon before, it will NEVER show up in Totem fights or most Kahuna fights. It doesn't change anything anyways, they bring up "HAVING TO CALCULATE THE DAMAGE", but using a super effective attack doesn't mean it's better, you still have to know the base power of all your attacks along with your attack/sp.atk and opponent's defense/sp.def for a real answer.
>>
>>29929874
Did you read it?
It praises it.
>>
>>29929718
Why can people never explain why the move helper is bad? They explain what it does and how it helps and somehow you're supposed to realize that's a bad thing.
>>
>>29929954
I'm fairly certain our anonymous crying diancie friend is just memeing.
Then again, you never know on this godforsaken board.
>>
Looks like an honest review.

>>29929935
Post that in the comments then i guess.
>>
>>29929874
So far all the reviews have been good though
>>
>>29929983
I'd argue the opposite, the bottom screen is the best thing they've done since the physical/special split:
>Shows active abilities including amulet coin
>How many turns of weather/terrain/screens when you use them
>What debuffs you used such as confusion or leech seed
>How many stat changes were made
It's so nice not having to keep track of all that shit after a drawn out fight.
>>
I bitch about difficulty all the time but I never gave a fuck about the type advantage shit, it only shows up for pokemon you've seen anyway and doesn't help when an important trainer suddenly pulls out their ace, which is always a pokemon you've never seen before.
>>
>>29929718
Of all the things to complain about the games being easier, the fucking type effectiveness is so minimal. Like I already know the type chart so this won't affect me, but things like the Kalos Exp share were things that ACTUALLY affected everyone
>>
>>29930066
>Blue sends out Arcanine!
>Arcanine uses Burn Up!
>check bottom screen
??????????????????
>>
>>29929718
Literally who: the website
>>
>>29930066
>>29930083
Then we have shit like when that anon found out about Water Bubble.
>"Why are my Liquidations out damaging my Crunches?"
>"Oh shit, Water Bubble boosts water damage"
>>
>>29929718
Aside for your ridiculous pathetic nitpicking, the game actually leaves you dangerously underleveled if you play on set without exp share, you'll easily find those level spikes you like so much specially in the second part of the game where it matters.

In fact I had to turn on the exp share because I was starting to see differences of 10 levels and I didn't feel like getting fucke by the E4.

>type advantages being displayed on attack screens!

Won't even bother discussing this part because I'm sure you also now you're just being a cheeky cunt there.
>>
Yet nobody bitched when SMT did that. Devil survivor revealed weaknesses without even scanning or shit, yet nobody says it's casual.
>>
>>29930066
>Ha! I'll just use an electric move on Guzma's Golisopod!
>Get outsped and annihilated by a razor shell.

It helps me with Ghost and Fairy types, whose interactions I can't for the life of me remember.
Yeah.
>>
Seeing type advantages isn't a problem, it's the retarded AI and awful move sets that the opponents have for no reason that don't just make the game more boring and unrewarding than it needs to be but breaks any sense of immersion.
>>
>>29930159
>didn't want to get fucked by the elite four
I went into the elite four with my highest leveled pokemon exactly 10 levels below the champion's highest level pokemon. Not on purpose, mind you, but still.

I just barely had enough healing items for the whole thing, and had to make some creative-ass use of dire hit to get past things like the Drifblim. It was intense.
>>
>>29930186
EO showed the weakness and resistance of every Monster and EO2:U even shows the resistances and weakness to ailments of your enemies.

Same thing, nobody says it's a casual thing.

Blindside attack! It's a whole squad of Mandrakes!
>>
>>29930191
How fucking slow was your electric type?
Wait. It was Vikavolt, wasn't it?

>>29930192
>awful move sets
hey now, the champion's alola ninetales fucking got my fighting type with dazzling gleam
>>
I think it's fine that it shows if it's super or not effective but it should appear only for the attack type you used.
For example you use a fire move against a water type pokemon, now everytime you fight a water type pokemon every fire move will show it's not very effective but attacks like ice or grass will show neutral until you use them.
>>
>>29930186
>>29930225
So instead Pokemon should have batles be squad on squad affairs and stronger random encounters that often outspeed you and maybe having it so hitting weaknesses gives more turns?
>>
>>29930192
Haven't gotten around to playing SM yet. Does the AI not get any better as you get further into the game? Though I can't really remember if this has ever been the case, my memory is so goddamn bad.

But seriously, stupid AIs and bad movesets are fine for the start of the game. But it shouldn't be too hard for them to give trainer Pokemon better IVs/held items beyond berries/usable items e.g. potions/better attacks.
>>
File: 1479027092257.png (388KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479027092257.png
388KB, 540x540px
>>29930264
Yeah, why the fuck not? SMT x Pokemon sounds like fun!
>>
>>29930336
>Do you think that humans and Pokemon can fall in love?
>>
>>29930287
Yeah it seems like post-game is when they start getting cheeky with coverage. After fighting Totems, I thought trainers were gonna be as bad, but they weren't. But post-game trainers like Anabel and Dexio could easily out-play you with their amazing teams. My Psychic resist was Slowbro and Persian... Mega Alakazam wiped through my team with Focus Hit and Energy Ball.

>>29930336
The closest you'll probably get to that is Mystery Dungeon. They actually mesh well with the damage, tank, support, cleric setup.
>>
>>29930336
SMT x FE also sounded like fun and look how it turned out
>>
>>29930287
It's not bad overall but definitely should have been handled better, and has tons awful moments like how Gladion's Type:Null only has Tackle in the first fight, how awful Lusamine's coverage moves are and how her Bewear literally just spams Pain Split even when it heals me and she could OHKO me, and how Guzma's Golisopod has Swords Dance but no priority moves to make use of it (even though it should have Sucker Punch at its level on every encounter) so it just gets forced out right after using it.

And overall, pokemon tend have only 1 decent attacking move while having empty slots in their move set, really many have moves deliberately removed just to make the fights even easier, use status moves when they could KO, don't use priority to finish off weakened pokemon or deal more damage before inevitably getting knocked out, etc. And no fights, not even major fights have held items aside from some Z crystals, even teams are disappointingly small with even post-game challengers only having 5 with only one exception.
>>
>>29930550
It took an unexpected turn. What sort of unexpected turns could they make with SMT x PKMN?
>>
>>29930661
>it's a Ranger game
>and like Tokyo Mirage Sessions it's an even better concept than a bland direct crossover with forced story
>>
>>29930050
This,It was 100% made with online play in mind,No one that isnt a Kid has a Hard time With the pokemon Games,and even then Sun and Moon Totem Battles still make them more challenging than anything we had in the 3ds this far
>>
>>29930661
Die For Me! has only a 30% chance of working.
>>
>>29929718
>it's too easy now with the type advantages being displayed on attack screens

How does this make the game easier? If someone doesn't know, all they have to do is look it up online.
>>
You realize that, with there being over 800 of these fuckers, form(e)s included the average normie would have a migraine trying to remember all of them AND the type chart which is possibly subject to change with every new generation, right?
>>
>>29931221
People trying to find anything they can, concerning this generation, to bitch about.

Basically, nothing new.
>>
I dont understand why anyone on this board would be upset by type advantages being displayed.

Like we're on the 4chan pokemon board. If you can't figure out type advantages from memory why are you here.
>>
>>29931277
Does it look like a wet thing? Then zap or plant good. Does it look like a bug? Then bird or fire good.
>>
>>29931341
That is not the issue, fucking retard. It just waters the game down to pander to casual faggots.
>>
>>29931378
>what are abilities
>what are deceitful appearances like Sudowoodo or appearances that don't even imply any typing (Alolan Diglett, for instance)
>>
>>29931277
A normie wouldn't care about types, they'd just the move they think is "stronger"
>>
>>29931414
So Pokemon's main audience?
>>
I haven't bothered checking: if you encounter something with Levitate and have a ground move, will it show up as effective/super effective or no effect?

What if Levitate is one of the potential abilities (Bronzong)?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.